What do you thinks about sandbox in the games?

• I like

Votes: 59 65.6%
  • I dont like

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-Awake-

Apocalypse Lovers
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
Невзор, desmosome, goonslagoon, about the discussion you had together :

Sincerly, I'm very flattered that you compared this small version of my game to games produced by companies weighing millions and especially to MASS EFFECT, just WAW!

Just a little reminder, this first version is more to be considered as a teaser or an introduction than as a chapter strictly speaking. What I mean is that the game itself will have a different approach, especially in terms of radical choices without endgames. And I think you will already see it much more clearly in the next update.

I know very well what you feel, I myself am an inveterate player of this type of big game (MASS EFFECT, FALLOUT 2,3,4, SKYRIM).
Above all, I love freedom. I've always dreamed of developing a game with almost total freedom of action and movement, where the player can go in all directions and do anything he want. However, while developing the game myself, I quickly realized that it was impossible to provide narrative leads for everything.

The hardcore choices at the beginning of the story lead to a premature ending because I simply cannot afford to also produce content for a branch in which the initial female character ( Jessica) either dies from the start or is psychologically destroyed. And if the story continued as if nothing had happened there would be no realism at the psychological level and would make this character lose all credibility.

And once again, thank you for your implication and your feedback.

Last edited:

JapanFreak

Sep 15, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scene_StoryProg1_D_1_Quest_Shampoo.rpy", line 661, in script
$ log.markdone("quest_bath_shampoo")
File "game/scene_StoryProg1_D_1_Quest_Shampoo.rpy", line 661, in <module>
File "game/screen_7_objectives.rpy", line 971, in markdone
self._nextstage(q)
File "game/screen_7_objectives.rpy", line 928, in _nextstage
self.movequest(quest, self._completiontab)
File "game/screen_7_objectives.rpy", line 1093, in movequest
self.removequest(quest, quest.tab())
File "game/screen_7_objectives.rpy", line 1089, in removequest
del self._quests[tab][k]
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not NoneType

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scene_StoryProg1_D_1_Quest_Shampoo.rpy", line 661, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scene_StoryProg1_D_1_Quest_Shampoo.rpy", line 661, in <module>
File "game/screen_7_objectives.rpy", line 971, in markdone
self._nextstage(q)
File "game/screen_7_objectives.rpy", line 928, in _nextstage
self.movequest(quest, self._completiontab)
File "game/screen_7_objectives.rpy", line 1093, in movequest
self.removequest(quest, quest.tab())
File "game/screen_7_objectives.rpy", line 1089, in removequest
del self._quests[tab][k]
File "renpy/python.py", line 875, in do_mutation
return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not NoneType

Windows-10-10.0.22581
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Apocalypse' lovers 1.1
Sat Apr 2 01:44:25 2022

RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
This looks really good so far, though it will take a lot of effort to complete. The game is obviously very ambitious.

The only complaint I have is about "time limited choices". IMHO they are very annoying in general and it's debatable whether they happen during events where it makes sense or they are there just to be there.

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
I like the premise of the story and the renders. I'm not sold on the user experience. I feel like it could easily become too tedious, either by insane number of saves to avoid GAME OVER scenarios, or just having to do menial tasks, endless clicking all over the screen at hotspots, some small, or easily unnoticed, to get back to a point. Holding Control to skip was useful on further run-throughs.

Second run did get errors during the bathing scene. Maybe I picked up items in a different order than the first that did not produce any errors.

Opening menu for the bath allows you to place items in other inventories, like the stick meant for use at the other bathroom. The first impression is that the game just ate your inventory item and its gone forever. Of course you find it placed in the other inventory later, either immediately or retracing your steps looking at every screen again, so falls back again to hurting user experience.

Like I said, overall, I like the premise, the renders, and the possibility. I hope you can pull it off to your satisfaction. It could be amazing. I could be an absolute chore :) Looking forward to seeing more.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
If I would sum up what the experience in the prolouge 1.1 is, it would be this:

The setting is plausible, the atmosphere is good, has a good explanation how things started and how you come where you at right now. Very nice music and sound effects (Duex Ex Human revolution + Fallout NV :giggle:)
You get to experience how things ended up for your first female encounter and damn, the game really gives you a lot of choices.

Very good start of this game. If the next patch continues that way it has another supporter :giggle:

Last edited:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Thank you really much for your explanation.

Indeed, I made a truly regrettable mistake :cry:

So I'm going to start a change campaign on the title.

But before I embark on this work of correction on all media, could you confirm this one last time if possible.

To have the double meaning I told you about, the correct spelling is therefore: Apocalypse Lovers?

Does this maintain explicitly the ambivalence of the meaning ?
i think the title can stay like this

the title like its written now means to me : "lovers in a apocalypse scenario"
the apostrophe can be missleading as plural meaning if you are over-correct :D
the really really correct term would be Apocalypse`s (singular)
the apostrophe in your game title just does this without the additional "s"

Apocalypse Lovers - implies they love the apocalypse --- naaah :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018

The setting is plausible, the atmosphere is good, has a good explanation how things started and how you come where you at right now. Very nice music and sound effects (Duex Ex Human revolution + Fallout NV :giggle:)
You get to experience how things ended up for your first female encounter and damn, the game really gives you a lot of choices.

Very good start of this game. If the next patch continues that way it has another supporter :giggle:
Small note.

Deborah.

The Dream

-Awake-

Apocalypse Lovers
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code...
Did you switch during english and french version during the game ?

Hi Manoman13,
I am not attacking you personally, just responding to your response post.
I don't think it was personal at all. He was simply trying to understand your point of view on this scene which disturbed you and which you assimilated to cuckoldry. I think that, like me, he had a hard time understanding your point of view. But hey, it doesn't really matter, everyone has their own vision of things and everyone has their own preferences and vices! Thanks for letting us know what yours are.

Thank you for the comment. I can't dwell on it too much for fear of revealing too much about the plot, but I can tell you that you are a very insightful man ;)

First morning it says "Thank you for playing game trial"
Why?
Because this first release is kind of a trial version of the game, or a teaser if you prefer. To introduce the game, its universe and its mechanics to new players.

I like the premise of the story and the renders. I'm not sold on the user experience. I feel like it could easily become too tedious, either by insane number of saves to avoid GAME OVER scenarios.
Hello, thank for your feedback. And just a word about this : before each path leading to a game over I normally have the game generate an autosave. It is generally carried out at the moment of the choice which was decisive.

All right, I will return coding for now, sorry to those I didn't have time to answer, but thank you for your comment and for your support.

Last edited:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Did you switch during english and french version during the game ?

I don't think it was personal at all. He was simply trying to understand your point of view on this scene which disturbed you and which you assimilated to cuckoldry. I think that, like me, he had a hard time understanding your point of view. But hey, it doesn't really matter, everyone has their own vision of things and everyone has their own preferences and vices! Thanks for letting us know what yours are.

Thank you for the comment. I can't dwell on it too much for fear of revealing too much about the plot, but I can tell you that you are a very insightful man ;)

Because this first release is kind of a trial version of the game, or a teaser if you prefer. To introduce the game, its universe and its mechanics to new players.

Hello, thank for your feedback. And just a word about this : before each path leading to a game over I normally have the game generate an autosave. It is generally carried out at the moment of the choice which was decisive.
well

thats your autosave options as far as i see

define config.autosave_frequency = 5000
define config.autosave_on_choice = False
define config.autosave_on_quit = False
define config.autosave_on_input = False

i changed this for me to 600 instead 5000
and choice to true

i cant see a autosave mentioned here

Reactions: Manoman13

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
i love the dark path xD and thx for the ntr,cuck, cheating i love this xD
Anna doesn't have your wife, she's Lewis's wife and Lewis offers you to come and watch them

Cuck = your wife fucked by another man
Voyeur = watching people get fucked

First morning it says "Thank you for playing game trial"
Why?
Prologue version*

Hi Manoman13,

I am not attacking you personally, just responding to your response post.
Hi, don't worry I don't take it personally, it's just that the situation anna - lewis - mc does not have cuckold and to be sure of my words I link the definition of cuckolding.

After if I ask you understand what I say, it's because English is not my native language, I just want to be sure that you understand my explanation.

you need to add the cencored tag to this crap
You need to open your eyes
1648892878654.png

Is there any way to get to see these scenes:

In the next updates, one of them yes.

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Deborah.
A very interesting theory. Some points you brought up I didnt even questioned before because I thought its just background lore.
But now that you brought it up I cant help myself ignoring them.
While I tried to have as many scenes with Deborah, everything what reduced the "innocent" or increased the "anxiety" score of Jessica I skiped/avoided them, because try to win her over the classic falling-in-love style.
Dont know if this method will automaticly write off Deborah now if your theory is true. :unsure:

Reactions: Manoman13
4.40 star(s) 28 Votes