What do you thinks about sandbox in the games?

• I like

Votes: 59 65.6%
  • I dont like

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good afternoon. I was requested by the dev assistant to look at this for possible mod. Since I just release my last project last night I have a limited amount of time to review it's candidacy. The assistant didn't give me any guidelines regarding a wishlist so if you folks have any then reply them to me so I can figure out where the player could use GUI options and/or guide assistance or other features.

I'll admit, I just fired up the VN and immediately noticed a serious issue with the code. I can easily fix the issues but these types of details slipped are not usually a good sign that orthodox scripting has been practice. Hopefully that fear is unfounded (yes, I could have looked at the code first but I ALWAYS play a title before doing anything. I must be intrigued otherwise spending countless hours porting and coding becomes a chore instead of enjoyment).

Anyway, you folks let me know.

Manoman13 -Awake- , see below pics during MC name input. You do NOT have to inform the player to capitalize (or any other formatting) during their input, just format the entry in the code. Also you did not limit the amount of characters of the name (which is fundamentally mandatory) which can cause the following circumstance:

AL SM A01a1.jpg AL SM A01a2.jpg

Edit: Also note the right margin excess of the dialogue box. You can rectify this ever being an issue via xsize in it's respectable code.

I'm back to it, I'll check in later. Regards.

Last edited:

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
Good afternoon. I was requested by the dev assistant to look at this for possible mod. Since I just release my last project last night I have a limited amount of time to review it's candidacy. The assistant didn't give me any guidelines regarding a wishlist so if you folks have any then reply them to me so I can figure out where the player could use GUI options and/or guide assistance or other features.

I'll admit, I just fired up the VN and immediately noticed a serious issue with the code. I can easily fix the issues but these types of details slipped are not usually a good sign that orthodox scripting has been practice. Hopefully that fear is unfounded (yes, I could have looked at the code first but I ALWAYS play a title before doing anything. I must be intrigued otherwise spending countless hours porting and coding becomes a chore instead of enjoyment).

Anyway, you folks let me know.

Manoman13 -Awake- , see below pics during MC name input. You do NOT have to inform the player to capitalize (or any other formatting) during their input, just format the entry in the code. Also you did not limit the amount of characters of the name (which is fundamentally mandatory) which can cause the following circumstance:

Edit: Also note the right margin excess of the dialogue box. You can rectify this ever being an issue via xsize in it's respectable code.

I'm back to it, I'll check in later. Regards.
Hello, thank you for the feedback for the different points you raised.

Honestly for the number of characters we count on the good sense of the players to put a coherent name, I can't imagine a player putting a name with more than 10 or 12 characters, unless he wants to spoil his gaming experience, but in case for the next update we will add a maximum number of characters.

As my friend Boehser Onkel says a walkthrough mod would be perfect for players stuck at some point in the game.
The game is young and I often see players asking for help or to find out how to access a certain scene.
I've always personally thought walkthroughs were a good idea in most games.

But in any case thank you for taking the time to answer us and also to play our games. (y)

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello, thank you for the feedback for the different points you raised.

Honestly for the number of characters we count on the good sense of the players to put a coherent name, I can't imagine a player putting a name with more than 10 or 12 characters, unless he wants to spoil his gaming experience.

As my friend Boehser Onkel says a walkthrough mod would be perfect for players stuck at some point in the game.
The game is young and I often see players asking for help or to find out how to access a certain scene.
I've always personally thought walkthroughs were a good idea in most games.

But in any case thank you for taking the time to answer us and also to play our games. (y)
Hey bud. Never underestimate the silliness some folks have, so a limit is simple and wise. It's easy:

Here's the complete code replacement suggestion. It's very simple and if the player uses all caps, all lower, etc, it will always be first letter cap only. The commented out lines are OEM, the others are suggested:
Python:
# $ main_name = renpy.input("Choose your name.  {size=-12}{i}(Capitalize the first letter){/i}{/size} ")
$ main_name = renpy.input("Choose your name.",length=16)
# $ main_name = main_name.strip()
$ main_name = main_name.strip().title()
With the above I could enter sAnCHo as my character name, and the code will change it going forward to be Sancho.

Also, I noticed the way y'all decided to double everything (including choice menus) for language translation. There are MUCH easier and efficient ways to deal with this. I suggest considering making a change now while this is still in "Prologue" state. RenPy will do most of the heavy lifting for you but there is certainly more than one way to skin a cat. Y'all would benefit researching it a bit as it will save you a ton of time and work efficiency compared to doubling everything in the base code.
1649098669456.png

Last edited:

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
Hey bud. Never underestimate the silliness some folks have, so a limit is simple and wise. It's easy:

Here's the complete code replacement suggestion. It's very simple and if the player uses all caps, all lower, etc, it will always be first letter cap only. The commented out lines are OEM, the others are suggested:
Python:
# $ main_name = renpy.input("Choose your name.  {size=-12}{i}(Capitalize the first letter){/i}{/size} ")
$ main_name = renpy.input("Choose your name.",length=16)
# $ main_name = main_name.strip()
$ main_name = main_name.strip().title()
With the above I could enter sAnCHo as my character name, and the code will change it going forward to be Sancho.

Also, I noticed the way y'all decided to double everything (including choice menus) for language translation. There are MUCH easier and efficient ways to deal with this. I suggest considering making a change now while this is still in "Prologue" state. RenPy will do most of the heavy lifting for you but there is certainly more than one way to skin a cat. Y'all would benefit researching it a bit as it will save you a ton of time and work efficiency compared to doubling everything in the base code.
View attachment 1740144
Hi again Sancho,

Thanks for all your technical feedback.

This is our first game we learn every time we move forward, your technical feedback is valuable because you master your subject so we read your feedback carefully.

-Awake- will be delighted because he likes to learn new or better ways to code python, today -Awake- took a day off because we also have jobs to do, but I'll send him all the info that I'm sent here.

Again a big thank you.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi again Sancho,

Thanks for all your technical feedback.

This is our first game we learn every time we move forward, your technical feedback is valuable because you master your subject so we read your feedback carefully.

-Awake- will be delighted because he likes to learn new or better ways to code python, today -Awake- took a day off because we also have jobs to do, but I'll send him all the info that I'm sent here.

Again a big thank you.
Initial porting is going well. I'll post some teasers in a bit once I get the overall GUI done.

Edit: Here's some teasers of rough porting so far:

Sancho GUI/Features/Options
AL SM A01a5.jpg AL SM A01a6.jpg AL SM A01a7b.jpg AL SM A01a8.jpg AL SM A01a8b.jpg
AL SM A01a3.jpg AL SM A01a4.jpg AL SM A01a9a.jpg AL SM A01a9b.jpg
SanchoStats & MiniStat (not yet fully populated with all stat info)
AL SM A01b1d.jpg AL SM A01b1c.jpg AL SM A01b1a.jpg AL SM A01b1b.jpg
SanchoCheats
AL SM A01b2b.jpg AL SM A01b2a.jpg
Sancho SplitScenes (toggled on/off w/ the ChoiceGuide)
AL SM A01b3b.jpg AL SM A01b3a.jpg

Last edited:

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
Initial porting is going well. I'll post some teasers in a bit once I get the overall GUI done.

Edit: Here's some teasers of rough porting so far:

I can't wait to see our games with your mod, I use a lot of your mods for the games I play.

A big thank you to you and also to all those who made mods or other versions of our games. :love:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good evening folks. I'm periodically adding/updating the teasers here, so feel free to keep an eye out for 'em. Latest adds are port evolution of the SanchoStat & MiniStat (4 screenshots), population of MiniGame cheats (2 screenshots), and an example of SplitScenes (2 screenshots). Regards.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Manoman13

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod progress update

Since screenshots won't really give a proper visual of what SanchoMod's dynamic freeroam guide can do, I thought I'd share a quick down & dirty vid to showcase it for folks that aren't already accustomed to SanchoMod in a previous title with freeroam events. Enjoy.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Well, you snooze, you lose. Seems I had a brain fart and the vid got pulled from it's host site. Apparently shoving your finger up in Jess' puss is a violation of terms of service... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
SanchoMod progress update

Since screenshots won't really give a proper visual of what SanchoMod's dynamic freeroam guide can do, I thought I'd share a quick down & dirty vid to showcase it for folks that aren't already accustomed to SanchoMod in a previous title with freeroam events. Enjoy.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't have the words, your work is so professional, so clean, I can only admire.
I can't wait to see the mod in the games is to test it.
Another huge thank you to you for your mod and all the help you give us with your advice.

delacroix2

Nov 19, 2020
WDF dev, I wanted to jerk off but the game almost made me cry. Jessica's story is so sad, I couldn't take advantage of her.
Music, dark scenarios, and story are great. (A friend like Deborah is a creative idea)
I loved it, good job. Thanks

Reactions: heerwa2

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
So glad i found this game. Almost like Fallout. Makes me wonder why there are no games like it with the premise of the vaults.
Not very long, unless i answered wrong but really nice.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
So glad i found this game. Almost like Fallout. Makes me wonder why there are no games like it with the premise of the vaults.
Not very long, unless i answered wrong but really nice.
I quote myself here but i am very curious how you guys will go on with the story. Of course i was mean and amoral to the girl which led to game over.
But this premise is so far promising. I hope you guy will make progress and keep up.
I think this apocalyptic scenario has a lot of options. If i think off Fallout radiation is an enabler for growing breast and ass. I found that always pretty neat. Of course this is different, Virus. But there are a lot of options to "enhance" the game. But i get ahead of myself and like to see where you guys lead the game.
In the beginning i had a hard time with the interface. It is dark, which it should. After all you are in a cellar with no light. But the parts to repair the generator, it wasn't obvious to me how to do it. Even though there is a hint. But i figured it out.
So i am ok with how the game operates. You just have to get used to. And, you should sit in a dark room, because of the game environment. I would not lighten it up more. I think it will take too much away.
I will follow your game, as it sticks out of the usual games i see here. Thanks

4.40 star(s) 28 Votes