EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
All scenes are avoidable so noting is forced. It does include two light rape/not given permission and many other close calls. Five stars easy
This is probably worth discussing in some more depth because a few scenes in the game could be triggering to some players. Speaking personally, I greatly dislike rape content in AVNs (to me, it's both a turn-off and depressing), but this characteristic didn't stop me from enjoying AM2. I found there was always either some narrative value or context to the small number of rapey scenes that prevented me from reacting with disgust and quitting the game. Also, as you said, the scenes are avoidable which is hugely, hugely important.

I thought the early scene where the FMC (Rachel in my playthrough) and Jacky meet some despicable marauders does a good job of establishing the apocalyptic world of the game as dangerous and menacing even for mutants with superpowers. The violence isn't fetishized or visually depicted even if you get a bad ending there which I very much appreciated.

The scenes with Erin, particularly the first one, took me off-guard and I have to admit did make me uncomfortable. As far as I can tell (since I turned down both those sex scenes in my playthrough), Erin seems like she might have something of a rape kink. Even so, I couldn't imagine having the MC take advantage of her in her vulnerable state after she had trusted him to care for her and even after she calls him out for acting creepy. Maybe there's some playfulness or even a hint of invitation you could read into the dialogue if you tried really hard, but I'm of the view that you should need to have the longest, thoroughest, and most uncomfortable conversation in your life with your partner before even considering engaging in something like rape play. All the details, safe words, etc would need to be worked out ahead of time...sadly, minutiae like that rarely features in fantasy. Devs never think about all the players who might have minutiae kinks. :(

I was glad that turning down Erin's rape play scenes seems to be treated in the game as a true choice rather than merely as skipping the scenes. For instance, you don't see those scenes in the replay at the end if you rejected them in-game. Erin does reference the MMC taking off her clothes while she was paralyzed at one point, but I think he responds by saying something like, "Um, that never happened." This is a super serious video game we're talking about here so stop confusing fantasy with reality, Erin! In contrast, most sex scenes in the game can be skipped but are still treated as having happened off-screen. I skipped Annie's scene, for instance, but it still showed up in the synopsis. I was about as uneasy to see that as Hiro was!

Last edited:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
The scenes with Erin, particularly the first one, took me off-guard and I have to admit did make me uncomfortable. As far as I can tell (since I turned down both those sex scenes in my playthrough), Erin seems like she might have something of a rape kink. Even so, I couldn't imagine having the MC take advantage of her in her vulnerable state after she had trusted him to care for her and even after she calls him out for acting creepy. Maybe there's some playfulness or even a hint of invitation you could read into the dialogue if you tried really hard, but I'm of the view that you should need to have the longest, thoroughest, and most uncomfortable conversation in your life with your partner before even considering engaging in something like rape play. All the details, safe words, etc would need to be worked out ahead of time...sadly, minutiae like that rarely features in fantasy. Devs never think about all the players who might have minutiae kinks. :(
I'm really ambivalent toward that scene. On one hand I agree with you. It is rapey. But I don't think Erin has a rape kink as much as she just is unable to admit that she needs the "tension release" and is attracted to MC. That said, this is not something the MC can assume and should not act on it.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
we love AME and AME2 , and all its characters so much,
we dream and hope for a possible AME3 in 2024 :love:
Pent Panda is currently working on a new game, Short Sad Stories, that should be available for non Patreon soon.
But maybe after that, he will go back to the AME universe (I hope to see the adventures of Rachel and her daugther :)).
It would be also cool to play a sequel of TZYC.

Pent you wanted to retire from games development, but you can't!
And it's totally your fault, you shouldn't have created great games with great characters, we want more!!!
:)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Pent Panda

Pent Panda

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2020
Haha, yeah, I won't retire yet. And I'd love to do a sequel with AME's sons and daughters, maybe mixed with TZYC. It mostly depends on how Short Sad Stories works. So far I'm really enjoying writing it.

Anyway, AM3 is already on my to do list.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Haha, yeah, I won't retire yet. And I'd love to do a sequel with AME's sons and daughters, maybe mixed with TZYC. It mostly depends on how Short Sad Stories works. So far I'm really enjoying writing it.

I find Mixing AME and TZYC weird, as they aren't in the same world.
Anyway you can't hope you would have an easy one, we want AME3 AND TZYC2 :)

Joke aside, it's good to know your are thinking about AME3.

claus001

Feb 15, 2020

An incest game you say? Man of culture!

• Haha

AraKnus

Sep 30, 2021
we could begin the very first short chapter of AM3 or even a brief prologue in a near future would do,
(we adore AM universe to left behind)

beepbeep-van.gif

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
What about Apocalypse Mutant Origins?
I'll take it. :D

Btw if you want, you can get ownership of this thread, Panda. Means you can edit the post yourself, set tags, change preview pics, get the likes. Same goes for the threads of your other games. Need to open a ticket to contact the staff for that, but it's easy.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
What about Apocalypse Mutant Origins?
Could be interesting to see how it all began.
Even if it's mean another set of characters. Because for what we see in the games, it's seems it's began many years ago, and I doubt any of the characters from AME1/2 are old enough to have been witnesses of the start of the apocalypse.

So now, we want AMO (Apocalypse Mutant Origin) AND AME3 :)

• Haha

Pent Panda

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2020
I'll take it. :D

Btw if you want, you can get ownership of this thread, Panda. Means you can edit the post yourself, set tags, change preview pics, get the likes. Same goes for the threads of your other games. Need to open a ticket to contact the staff for that, but it's easy.
Hey, I didn't know that! That'll be useful for Short Sad Stories, as I'll post free chapters once a month or so. I'll see to it, thanks for the tip.

Reactions: Grimtown

Pent Panda

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2020
Could be interesting to see how it all began.
Even if it's mean another set of characters. Because for what we see in the games, it's seems it's began many years ago, and I doubt any of the characters from AME1/2 are old enough to have been witnesses of the start of the apocalypse.

So now, we want AMO (Apocalypse Mutant Origin) AND AME3 :)
AMO would have new characters, of course. The first born mutants to realize their powers. There's a plot there!

AME3 would be against the next generation of funks. Something like Apocalypse Mutant 3: Funk Hell.

Which one sounds better?

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
AMO would have new characters, of course. The first born mutants to realize their powers. There's a plot there!

AME3 would be against the next generation of funks. Something like Apocalypse Mutant 3: Funk Hell.

Which one sounds better?
AMO would be interesting. I would like to see how the Apocalypse happens.
In the other hand, I would love to see the adventures of Rachel's daughter (and perhaps seeing her badass sexy lovely mother :))
Do we have to choose? Please... I promise to eat all my soup every evening without complaining... :)

Yes, I understand you have limited time, few resources, they are one-man projects. And that you have a family who is your priority.
It's just very difficult to choose.
But at the end, I think I will go with AME3. Just to see how Rachel's daughter is going, and hoping to play Rachel again a bit.

4.80 star(s) 17 Votes