Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
AMS v0.98D (PTB-Midpoint) is LIVE!
Word Count: 1,576,047
LinesOfCode: 75,274
Characters: 10,715,031

Check it out and leave reviews/comments ^___^ Thank you!

Blog Link:
And you can donate here if you like it!
Public Discord:

Reactions: yxdreamsxy

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Updated OP to v0.98D! Thanks @Eoin (that's me, by the way) for the link.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
I didn't. @Anonynn reverted the thread, obviously forgetting we're pirates.
Hello!

Sorry about the confusion, I explained this in a ...conversation whisper thing(?) that I tend not to trust other download sites---aside from MEGA because usually they are filled with malware and adware. This game is my business and so is the thread; it's my job to keep the game download section both safe and simple to use. I reverted it back to the way I like to keep it because that's just the way I like having it set up. I want people to download the game from me so I know it's not being assaulted by malware and the like. The Patreon page was for the newest version that just came out while the previous versions are the free ones.

Like I said before I don't mind if people pirate links and all that. It's what this website does. I just ask that if people pirate it, that they help look for bugs and/or offer suggestions, critiques and ask questions to keep the threads going. This is my business after all and I can't do it for free. I actually provide free downloads of the newest versions to people who consistently help with bug-hunts, suggestions, critiques which all help the game become better. I'm not an asshole for wanting to protect my property. I don't think I've ever come across as a money-hungry jackass either. XD

It's my job to be as helpful and as open as possible with the community regarding my game. That's why I'm so active on this thread. I don't want anyone to feel ignored or not important.

Anonynn.

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Hello!

Sorry about the confusion, I explained this in a ...conversation whisper thing(?) that I tend not to trust other download sites---aside from MEGA because usually they are filled with malware and adware. This game is my business and so is the thread; it's my job to keep the game download section both safe and simple to use. I reverted it back to the way I like to keep it because that's just the way I like having it set up. I want people to download the game from me so I know it's not being assaulted by malware and the like. The Patreon page was for the newest version that just came out while the previous versions are the free ones.
Anonynn.
All of the links we post are checked for viruses before we post them. The original link came from your patreon page, so I'd be pissed if you were distro'ing viruses.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
All of the links we post are checked for viruses before we post them. The original link came from your patreon page, so I'd be pissed if you were distro'ing viruses.
Ah, okay. I didn't know you guys tested the links or anything. I'm fairly new to the site still or at least how it works in general. If you guys test the links for viruses and such than we don't have any problems. I just wanted to protect my community just in case.

If you like, I can just provide the direct downloads to the newest versions from now on, although in the future that won't matter much since I'll be returning to staggered releases like I had in the past. I only do PTBs to test the most recent builds. That way when it's released to the public it's not a mess of bugs.

Anonynn.

Reactions: Gavote and bas

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
AMS v0.99A (PTB-Midpoint) is LIVE!
Words: 1,692,805
Code: 132,215
Characters: 11,877,713

Check it out and leave reviews/comments ^___^ Thank you!

Blog Link:
And you can donate here if you like it!
Public Discord:

Menome

Jul 17, 2017
I'll give you a hint, unless you want me to just tell you outright.

"A painting holds the code or it can be found in a trophy of old."

:D

Anonynn.
Slight problem with this: I searched the trophies first time round trying to find something to fight the Abomination with and skipped over the description in a bit of a panic. I got the Spellbook and defeated the creature, but now when I go to search the Trophy Cabinets again, it tells me I've already searched them and doesn't repeat the descriptions.

I've also tried the Western and Eastern hallways with different syntax entries and can't find a clue there either:

look at painting(s)
look painting(s)
search picture(s)
examine etc.

What am I missing? :/

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Slight problem with this: I searched the trophies first time round trying to find something to fight the Abomination with and skipped over the description in a bit of a panic. I got the Spellbook and defeated the creature, but now when I go to search the Trophy Cabinets again, it tells me I've already searched them and doesn't repeat the descriptions.

I've also tried the Western and Eastern hallways with different syntax entries and can't find a clue there either:

look at painting(s)
look painting(s)
search picture(s)
examine etc.

What am I missing? :/

Instead of searching the paintings, try just "look"ing in the Hallways. If you notice sometimes descriptions cycle around. It's supposed to represent stuff your character is specifically noticing at that time. But yeah, the solution is definitely in one of the Hallways. :)

I hope someone will do this on renpy or something that s more visual. :D
I'm hoping to have more and more pictures added to it as the game goes. I would like every room and character to have one. ^_^ If I can do that, then you would see everything described in text and you would get a visual presentation as well. I also want a character viewer too.

Anonynn.

1.90 star(s) 7 Votes