Gavote

Jun 3, 2017
Holy wall of text Bathman! I understand the need for exposition, but if you want it to be easy to read, it would help to try to limit paragraph length where possible.

P.S. I'm leaving the autocorrect artifact because it made me laugh.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Holy wall of text Bathman! I understand the need for exposition, but if you want it to be easy to read, it would help to try to limit paragraph length where possible.

P.S. I'm leaving the autocorrect artifact because it made me laugh.
Haha, Bathman. If you're talking about the beginning, I'm actually going to be reworking a little bit of it. ^_^

Anonynn.

Reactions: Gabaw

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
repair/tailoring is utterly broken.
from lvl 5 to 9 harvest/destroy does not work at all.
it yield same amount of resources with same amount fail chance regardless of level.
repair doesnt work,i can have 50 of each scrap,it will tell me "You'll need a piece of Torn Cloth to help repair or reinforce this. "
why implant mechanics like durability that doesn't work and make them part of the game play

each time you load and revisit starting area it act if it's your first time.
which break quests like "Quest 1: Withered Residents" which you get everytime you visit Living Room after reloading without any means to complete it.
and can be exploited to farm mood since reloading reset area script.

relationship status also doesn't save properly. i kissed Hannah and after reloading it says i didnt.

i'm not sure why you choose to use this shitofanengine that simple break whole game over and over.

Aug 31, 2018
I don't think there is. I did as the same question last year, and there were no replies to it. Thread .
thank you

find out what encryption is used and you have your solution.
I am not sure if I am understanding it correctly, but the saved file is saved on a text document, however, it is encrypted. What may I use to decrypted it, edit, then encrypted again? Thanks for replying by the way. Much appreciated.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
repair/tailoring is utterly broken.
from lvl 5 to 9 harvest/destroy does not work at all.
it yield same amount of resources with same amount fail chance regardless of level.
repair doesnt work,i can have 50 of each scrap,it will tell me "You'll need a piece of Torn Cloth to help repair or reinforce this. "
why implant mechanics like durability that doesn't work and make them part of the game play

each time you load and revisit starting area it act if it's your first time.
which break quests like "Quest 1: Withered Residents" which you get everytime you visit Living Room after reloading without any means to complete it.
and can be exploited to farm mood since reloading reset area script.

relationship status also doesn't save properly. i kissed Hannah and after reloading it says i didnt.

i'm not sure why you choose to use this shitofanengine that simple break whole game over and over.
Thanks for the bug reports! ^_^ First time I heard of these errors. If you've ever developed a game before yourself you'll know that errors/bugs are quite common. That's why there is a throwaway line in Jurassic Park that when they opened Disney Land in 1963 (or whatever the date was) nothing worked (on the programming side). It's even common even in modern games to have a lot of bugs and games like that have teams and teams of people searching for them and fixing them.

Keep in mind, my game isn't a small 5-10k lines of code where you could effectively sweep through it in a couple of days. Mine is over 100k+ and it's simply impossible for me to sweep through that much code by myself without going completely cross-eyed. That's why I have the PTB's in the first place for Patreons, they help me find bugs in new releases so that when I release the game to the public they play smoother with less bugs. Keep in mind, I'm only one person. If you would like to be a dedicated bug-catcher that would be amazing :)

The engine of Quest is really versatile but yes, it can be sensitive at the same time ^_^ but it's probably the best engine I could have chosen and that's available right now for game development. Game engines like; Adrift, RAGS, RPGMaker, Inform, TADS etc are actually extremely restrictive in terms of what you can create in them and they aren't very powerful either, hence why there is a lot of lag in games much smaller than mine is. Not to mention, the sheer size of my game alone would cause all those other systems to crash. A game even half the size wouldn't fit in those engines.

Tailoring/Forging, Repair-Harvest-Destroy also work as they intended. Whether or not Quest is currently recognizing the daughter storage in the parent storage of the player might be the issue in this version (which is an easy fix) once isolated. You can find information about how they work in the in-game Help Guide. They are all based on percentages though. This explanation taken straight from that...

"This is the "Harvest-Destroy-Repair" help guide. If you have any further questions feel free to contact me about them and I will be happy to answer anything you like.

Harvest: Harvest allows you to harvest materials (i.e Torn Cloth, Leather Scrap and Scrap Metal) from extra/unwanted Clothing/Weapons. There are two modes: Harvest, Destroy. Basically, Harvest plays off your Tailor Skill or Forge Skill. The higher these two stats the better the Harvest outcome. For example; if you are trying to Harvest clothing and your Tailor Skill is at 3 or less, you have a 20% chance to harvest +3 materials from that article of clothing or weapon. 4-9 you have a 33% chance and 10 gives you a 75% chance. Every single Harvest removes Durability from the Clothing/Weapon you are working with whether you are successful or not. If your Tailor or Forge Skills are under 10 you also have a 10% chance (on top of every Harvest) to gain some Tailor Skill/Forge Skill. A skill of 3 or under gives you a 10% chance and a skill of 4-9 gives you a 25% chance.

Destroy: As for the Destroy option; Tailor and Forge Skills also come into play. If you have a skill of 3 or under, you have a 100% get +3 pieces of whatever material you are harvesting. 4-9 you have another 100% to gain +6 pieces of whatever material you are harvesting and a skill of 10 is a 100% chance to get +9 pieces of whatever you are harvesting. As implied, picking Destroy, completely destroys the article of clothing or weapon you are working with and you have no chance at to gain skill in either skill. So Destroy might be something you use to get materials quickly or to clear up your Inventory, while Harvest is more of weighing your options carefully to fix this or that without immediately sacrificing anything just in case.

Item Harvest: The Item Harvest System allows you harvest materials (i.e Alchemy Bottle, Elemental Essence, Essence of Transformation, Edible Essence, Essence of Modification, Torn Cloth, Leather Scrap and Scrap Metal) from extra/unwanted Items. This works a little differently from the Clothing/Weapon Harvest as it works entirely in the Alchemy Skill. If you have an Alchemy Skill of 4 or less you have a 26% chance to harvest a single piece of material from whatever item you are trying to harvest. Whether you are successful or not, it destroys that item completely. You also have a 10% chance to gain some Alchemy Skill upon successfully harvesting a material from the item that you are trying to harvest. If you have an Alchemy Skill of 5 to 9 than you are allowed to choose which material you would like to harvest from the item you are trying to harvest. Every material yields a 33% chance of success. Success or failure destroys the item. If you have an Alchemy Skill of 10 then you have a 50% chance of successfully harvesting a material of your choice. Success or failure destroys the item. No matter what your Alchemy Skill is you will always harvest either 1 Alchemy Bottle (glass), +3 Elemental Essences, +3 Essences of Transformation, +3 Edible Essences, +3 Essences of Modification, +3 Pieces of Torn Cloth, +3 Pieces of Leather Scrap or +3 Pieces of Scrap Metal. You cannot gain Skill from harvesting materials passed a Alchemy Skill of 4. In addition, there are Sewing Kits, Metallurgy Kits and Mixing Kits that you’ll need to actually create items with all these different essences but kits can only be bought or found. You cannot harvest Sewing Kits, Metallurgy Kits or Mixing Kits.

Repair: Clothing and Weapons are labeled as three different types: Cloth, Leather and Armor. Leather and Cloth is reserved for the Tailoring Skill while Armor is dedicated to the Forge Skill. So basically, when you click the Repair button on an object your Tailoring and Forging Skill will be checked. You also have a 5% chance to increase your Tailoring or Forging level with every successful repair that you do! Outcomes below.
Cloth/Leather/Metal
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 0: Require 1 piece of torn cloth/leather scrap/scrap metal, at this level 5% success, +3 durability.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 1: Require 1 piece of torn cloth/leather scrap/scrap metal, at this level 10% success, +3 durability.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 2: Require 1 piece of torn cloth/leather scrap/scrap metal, at this level 20% success, +3 durability.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 3: Require 1 piece of torn cloth/leather scrap/scrap metal, at this level 30% success, +3 durability.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 4: Require 1 piece of torn cloth/leather scrap/scrap metal, at this level 40% success, +3 durability.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 5: Require 1 piece of torn cloth/leather scrap/scrap metal, at this level 50% success, +4 durability.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 6: Require 1 piece of torn cloth/leather scrap/scrap metal, at this level 60% success, +4 durability.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 7: Require 1 piece of torn cloth/leather scrap/scrap metal, at this level 70% success, +5 durability.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 8: Require 1 piece of torn cloth/leather scrap/scrap metal, at this level 80% success, +5 durability.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 9: Require 1 piece of torn cloth/leather scrap/scrap metal, at this level 90% success, +5 durability.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 10: Require 1 piece of torn cloth/leather scrap/scrap metal, at this level 95% success, +7 durability.

If you have a lower Tailor or Forge Skill, you also risk consuming the material you were going to use to repair your item without actually repairing it. Here are the numbers which counts toward all types: Cloth, Leather, Armor. ((just using cloth as the example):
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 0: 10% to lose on failure.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 1: 10% to lose on failure.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 2: 9% to lose on failure.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 3: 9% to lose on failure.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 4: 8% to lose on failure.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 5: 8% to lose on failure.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 6: 7% to lose on failure.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 7: 5% to lose on failure.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 8: 5% to lose on failure.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 9: 1% to lose on failure.
Tailoring/Forge Skill of 10: 1% to lose on failure.

It sounds like a lot of your issues are stemming from the Save/Load feature as well. Keep in mind this system is completely brand new to Quest and is less than a year old. The default saves (which is build into Quest) works perfectly fine but it can't be used from update to update. That means every time I update the game, you would have to start completely over. This is because the built-in save system wasn't made for game's that get frequent updates. It was made for completed games. Save/Load was developed solely for my game and the programmer who designed it and I are still trying to figure out how it works and how to use it best. I'm actually working with another programmer right now about a Save/Load revamp or complete rework of how it works. So give it a few weeks/months and it should be back up to par.

Ugh. My previous responses were better but F95 had an error when I went to log in and it erased my response >.< If you have any other questions though lemme know. And remember to try and have a little patience for developers. We are doing our best to bring quality to our fans. At least, I am.

I don't think there is. I did as the same question last year, and there were no replies to it. Thread .
There are two current encryptions; one is built-into Quest itself and the new Save/Load also has it's own xD I don't know either of them though since neither Quest nor Save/Load was created by me.

Anonynn.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
oh, in that case is there a console command? for editing/increase stats and skills.

PS: thanks by the way for your hard work. :D
You're very welcome! ^_^

The only way to manipulate your stats are to either have the DDI (Donator's Debug Item) or the SMB (Stat Manipulation Button). Completing Quests also allows you to raise your stats and I should be bringing back the Premade Characters at some point too. I just wanted to revamp the system that uses them since it's....lacking xD

Was there something you wanted/needed to test?

Anonynn.

Aug 31, 2018
what are the DDI and SMB, and how to I acquire them?

For RPGs and like, I always modify stats and skills to make character super powerful, that way I can actually relate to character and by doing so, grant mineself the opportunity to immerse mine self with character/avatar and game itself, thus being able to enjoy experience and adventure. If I don't do that, I instantly become-remain incapable of relating to character-avatar in any shape/way/form which would cause me to instantly become apathetic to character-avatar and in turn became unable to play or in anyway engage with "mine supposedly avatar". Thus, resulting in being unable to play game. which sucks.

Keep in mind, I AM the Mightiest of the Mighty Ones.

I will patiently-eagerly await until I can modify stats and skills so as to try out and enjoy your good work. :D Which, while I have yet to play it, I can feel and I notice all the good work and devotion put into it; something which as of late seems to be greatly lacking in AAA titles :'(.

Thanks again, and no, just need the stats and skills manipulator/editing. I usually also give mine self max gold but that wouldn't be needed here.

:D

Blessings and Good Fortune my kind family. :D

Cinda

Oct 20, 2018
So, question. I'm new to this type of game and figuring out the commands is a little frustrating. How do you put things in your back up at the beginning? How would you take them out?? Do you have to do it all one at a time? I need help, can I get lit of commands that are commonly used?? Or might not be obvious to a noob?? Please and thank you very much! This seems like it is a very good game, but I really haven't gotten far b/c of the issue of ignorance about commands. I"d appreciate any help very much

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
what are the DDI and SMB, and how to I acquire them?

For RPGs and like, I always modify stats and skills to make character super powerful, that way I can actually relate to character and by doing so, grant mineself the opportunity to immerse mine self with character/avatar and game itself, thus being able to enjoy experience and adventure. If I don't do that, I instantly become-remain incapable of relating to character-avatar in any shape/way/form which would cause me to instantly become apathetic to character-avatar and in turn became unable to play or in anyway engage with "mine supposedly avatar". Thus, resulting in being unable to play game. which sucks.

Keep in mind, I AM the Mightiest of the Mighty Ones.

I will patiently-eagerly await until I can modify stats and skills so as to try out and enjoy your good work. :D Which, while I have yet to play it, I can feel and I notice all the good work and devotion put into it; something which as of late seems to be greatly lacking in AAA titles :'(.

Thanks again, and no, just need the stats and skills manipulator/editing. I usually also give mine self max gold but that wouldn't be needed here.

:D

Blessings and Good Fortune my kind family. :D
The DDI and SMB are donation tier rewards on Patreon. They are mostly for debugging purposes however. But they can be used to change practically anything about the character you play. I do a progressive reward system too which means if you donate $1 for three months then you'll gain access to the $3 tier---and for 10 months the $10 tier. I did this to help people gain better rewards without requiring them to sacrifice more, especially those who might be having financial difficulties. :)

You technically don't really need a powerful character though. Aside from random stat checks it'll be impossible to see every event and pass every skill check in one play-through. That's the aim anyway. I wanted the adventure to continuously change that's why on some play-throughs you might meet Glob (the slime in the experimentation cells) but other times you won't. Besides, there's nothing in the beginning right now that could really harm your character enough that you would need to be super powerful. Not unless you're participating in the Hallow's Shroud Halloween Event where you can fight a lot of legendary monsters. Either that, or you're playing on the Noble Difficulty.

Anonynn.

So, question. I'm new to this type of game and figuring out the commands is a little frustrating. How do you put things in your back up at the beginning? How would you take them out?? Do you have to do it all one at a time? I need help, can I get lit of commands that are commonly used?? Or might not be obvious to a noob?? Please and thank you very much! This seems like it is a very good game, but I really haven't gotten far b/c of the issue of ignorance about commands. I"d appreciate any help very much
Hello! It's okay. It's definitely a learning process. I can always work on making things more clear as well in the future for newcomers.

Basically, though you do not put anything into the backpack or bag objects that you receive. Upon taking them, all storage items are placed inside of the "Storage Tab" in the player's inventory which automatically adds to your carry limit capacity. For example, you start off with a carry capacity of a weight of 3. You take the backpack and now you have a weight capacity of 19. Most items have carry weight. So when keeping things in your inventory it's essentially assumed you're putting things in your backpack or other bags without having to manually do it.

You can take all items with "Take All" too. Just check out the In-Game Help Guide for basic commands you can type in :)

As for the objects in the game if you left click on them it brings up a verb list that helps you interact with them but most importantly, I would check out the AMS Beginner Walkthrough, click on the New Player Choice in the Chapter 1 Title and then Read the in-game Help Guide by typing "HG" or "Help Guide" or by clicking Help in the top right corner.

I appreciate the compliments too! And not to worry, I'm always around to answer questions :) You can also contact me by any of the forums the game is on (that I manage), Discord, Email, Patreon or the Blog.

Anonynn.

Aug 31, 2018
The DDI and SMB are donation tier rewards on Patreon. They are mostly for debugging purposes however. But they can be used to change practically anything about the character you play. I do a progressive reward system too which means if you donate $1 for three months then you'll gain access to the $3 tier---and for 10 months the $10 tier. I did this to help people gain better rewards without requiring them to sacrifice more, especially those who might be having financial difficulties. :)

You technically don't really need a powerful character though. Aside from random stat checks it'll be impossible to see every event and pass every skill check in one play-through. That's the aim anyway. I wanted the adventure to continuously change that's why on some play-throughs you might meet Glob (the slime in the experimentation cells) but other times you won't. Besides, there's nothing in the beginning right now that could really harm your character enough that you would need to be super powerful. Not unless you're participating in the Hallow's Shroud Halloween Event where you can fight a lot of legendary monsters. Either that, or you're playing on the Noble Difficulty.

Anonynn.

Hello! It's okay. It's definitely a learning process. I can always work on making things more clear as well in the future for newcomers.

Basically, though you do not put anything into the backpack or bag objects that you receive. Upon taking them, all storage items are placed inside of the "Storage Tab" in the player's inventory which automatically adds to your carry limit capacity. For example, you start off with a carry capacity of a weight of 3. You take the backpack and now you have a weight capacity of 19. Most items have carry weight. So when keeping things in your inventory it's essentially assumed you're putting things in your backpack or other bags without having to manually do it.

You can take all items with "Take All" too. Just check out the In-Game Help Guide for basic commands you can type in :)

As for the objects in the game if you left click on them it brings up a verb list that helps you interact with them but most importantly, I would check out the AMS Beginner Walkthrough, click on the New Player Choice in the Chapter 1 Title and then Read the in-game Help Guide by typing "HG" or "Help Guide" or by clicking Help in the top right corner.

I appreciate the compliments too! And not to worry, I'm always around to answer questions :) You can also contact me by any of the forums the game is on (that I manage), Discord, Email, Patreon or the Blog.

Anonynn.
I get you. Yeah, usually what I do is overpower my character and then play on highest difficulty. I'll wait for the game then, I'll be keeping on eye and support you where I am able. Keep up the good work, and as always. Thanks. :D

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
AMS v0.99B (PTB-Full) is LIVE!
Word Count: 1,719,814
LinesOfCode: 102,117
Characters: 12,142,070

Check it out and leave reviews/comments ^___^ Thank you!

Blog Link:
And you can donate here if you like it!
Public Discord:

Dinnerking

Dec 10, 2017
I'm actually having the same issues with repairing. I can have a pack absolutely filled with materials and it still asks for "Torn Cloth". I don't think it's actually working as intended unless you need to be at a special location to do it.

I also think the save/load thing is a bit buggy because certain symbols cause the client to say "wasn't expecting __" where __ is a symbol like *, %, # etc

In addition, saving with Quest and then reloading causes the game to sometimes (quite frequently actually) prevent any of the main text to show up. Whether it be for Character description, Character Stats, or Room Descriptions, it doesn't matter what, it just doesn't show up most of the time.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
keep up with good work
Thank you so much for the positive vibes! I appreciate it!

I'm actually having the same issues with repairing. I can have a pack absolutely filled with materials and it still asks for "Torn Cloth". I don't think it's actually working as intended unless you need to be at a special location to do it.

I also think the save/load thing is a bit buggy because certain symbols cause the client to say "wasn't expecting __" where __ is a symbol like *, %, # etc

In addition, saving with Quest and then reloading causes the game to sometimes (quite frequently actually) prevent any of the main text to show up. Whether it be for Character description, Character Stats, or Room Descriptions, it doesn't matter what, it just doesn't show up most of the time.
Okay, I'll take a look at the Repair System then ^_^ You only need to be in a special location to craft items. Repairing and Destroying should be working anywhere, so it's likely a small bug! I appreciate the report.

Hopefully in the next update or so we'll be getting an entirely new save system that will be much more reliable and less temperamental. So that's super exciting for me because I hate the current Save/Load iteration. @_@ The new system may be a checkpoint system. I don't know the details quite yet but it should turn out to be far less complex for the Player to mess around with. Sorry about the inconvenience!

After loading a game I can't look anymore, it just says continue and doesn't show items in room
Sigh. I hate Save/Load --- cross your fingers and hopefully the brand new save system will be ready soon! You guys will know the moment I do.

Anonynn.

Reactions: Bakachiki
1.90 star(s) 7 Votes