ThanhTung

Apr 27, 2017
Hi,
I don't know if it's an issue or not but when I created new character, the Moral choice 1 only appeared only once during my 10 attempts, meaning it dirrectly jump to Moral choice 2 without the 1st one.
Another issue (I think) is that whenever I tried to save, it only said "About to do clones", then notthing happened.
And when clicking on Load game, this happened:
Error running script: Error compiling expression '"saveLoad.loadGame('" + game.gamename + "', '" + text + "');"': Unknown object or variable 'text'
I'm trying to download the file again now to see if the previous file corrupted or not.
Sorry for my English, I'm not fluent with it.

Dezmond313

Apr 27, 2018
Another issue (I think) is that whenever I tried to save, it only said "About to do clones", then notthing happened.
Error running script: Error compiling expression '"saveLoad.loadGame('" + game.gamename + "', '" + text + "');"': Unknown object or variable 'text'
Same error for me as well. Inability to save progress makes the game unplayable for me.

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
The game's been unplayable for years just because the developer insists on using quest of all things. For all the time and money he's spent trying to reinvent that wheel (unsuccessfully) he could have ported the whole thing to unity or one of the visual novel engines.

It's sunk cost in action.

Mastodon

Feb 20, 2018
- Fixed: Error running script: Error compiling expression 'player.lust = 7': CompareElement: Operation 'Equal' is not defined for types 'Boolean' and 'Int32'
Evidently not.

Marsup

Nov 19, 2017
Does anyone know how to fix this I keep getting this whenever I try to open the game.

Failed to load game.
The following errors occurred:
Incorrect ASL version number
Error loading XML data for 'calendar.holidays' - ensure that it contains no nested XML
Error loading XML data for 'calendar.item' - ensure that it contains no nested XML
Error loading XML data for 'calendar.item' - ensure that it contains no nested XML

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Ugh! Why am I not getting email alerts >.<

Hi,
I don't know if it's an issue or not but when I created new character, the Moral choice 1 only appeared only once during my 10 attempts, meaning it dirrectly jump to Moral choice 2 without the 1st one.
I'm trying to download the file again now to see if the previous file corrupted or not.
Sorry for my English, I'm not fluent with it.
Hm. It's been a while since I looked at that part of the code (Moral Choice 1 and 2) but I went and had a look. The code seemed okay but I modified it anyway just in case. So Moral Choice 1 should appear after each and every choice you make after Piercings. Let me know if it helps when the update drops.

And currently the save system is broken meaning a saved game can't be loaded but I just recently hired a backup programmer who is going to be working on it after this coming Thursday (16th). So that's super exciting. We should see improvement on the save system in the next update or two! Keep an eye out!

Anonynn.

The game's been unplayable for years just because the developer insists on using quest of all things. For all the time and money he's spent trying to reinvent that wheel (unsuccessfully) he could have ported the whole thing to unity or one of the visual novel engines.

It's sunk cost in action.
Unfortunately, most other systems can't support the sheer size of my game now. Quest is one of the few. I'm sure Unity could as well, but I don't know if a system like Ren'py could support 1.8 million words and 100k+ lines of code. No other text based engine can either (like RAGS, Twine, Adrift, Inform etc).

But if you see above, new save system is coming very soon as I finally found a reliable backup programmer to help me. Hopefully.

I'm not sure what else you said makes it unplayable. If you provide bug reports and examples then I can fix them. If you just complain about something not working I can't fix anything.

Does anyone know how to fix this I keep getting this whenever I try to open the game.

Failed to load game.
The following errors occurred:
Incorrect ASL version number
Error loading XML data for 'calendar.holidays' - ensure that it contains no nested XML
So this error means you have to install the Quest version that comes with the game. You're using an outdated Quest Software, probably version 6 or 5. I have the latest version in every compressed file :) Just update install the latest Quest and it should be fine. There's a file...

AMS Beginner Walkthrough +Troubleshooting

that explains what to do when you come across this error and several others in the future ^_^

how do you fuck the goblin girl new to this game please help

Hannah is not currently a character that you can have sex with. If you're a girl character you can kiss her and depending on lust levels and dominant mood you could finger one another too. Depending on relationship levels as the game goes on that option might be able to be unlocked. You can have sex with Glob (the male slime) in his three forms; male, female and futa, you can have sex with the Alaraune and with Rold.

Hope that helped!

Anonynn.

Reactions: Shane2

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
Unfortunately, most other systems can't support the sheer size of my game now. Quest is one of the few. I'm sure Unity could as well, but I don't know if a system like Ren'py could support 1.8 million words and 100k+ lines of code. No other text based engine can either (like RAGS, Twine, Adrift, Inform etc).
I've never heard of anyone running into problems with high word count but even if yours was the first this is a very minor issue compared to trying to essentially rebuild a clunky engine to support a bunch of features it wasn't designed to have. You could release your game in episodes, for instance.

There's no good reason to continue this years-long fight with the game's engine when you could save yourself a -lot- of development time (and money) in the future by just biting the bullet and porting it to an engine that already has or easily supports the features you want.

Reactions: SlowDance

ELMESIAS13

Jul 8, 2017
when I try to open the game, a sign appears that says, could not find specified module, is there a solution?

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
I've never heard of anyone running into problems with high word count but even if yours was the first this is a very minor issue compared to trying to essentially rebuild a clunky engine to support a bunch of features it wasn't designed to have. You could release your game in episodes, for instance.

There's no good reason to continue this years-long fight with the game's engine when you could save yourself a -lot- of development time (and money) in the future by just biting the bullet and porting it to an engine that already has or easily supports the features you want.
Yeah, there's a reason why games like 'Flexible Survival' and 'Trap Quest' (respectively) have to continually shift around content, or had to make the jump to upgraded systems or adjust how much content is in a single scene etc. Those big heavy lag-spikes are part of it. Also, comparatively to Quest they are very limited to what the engine can handle; like for example, you can have things like if-statements and variables sure (and a lot of them), but adding in functions and rewriting the engine to fit your game becomes a lot harder or practically impossible. The cool thing about Quest is that I can essentially rebuild the entire engine around my game and completely customize it. ^_^

The reason the Save System is so buggy isn't because Quest is limited, it's just because before my game nobody had needed a progressive save state. The original saving built into the engine works great but the problem is the save is designed specifically for that file --- meaning you can save but you can't play a newer version of that game with that same save file. Before AMS there was never a need to either. Save/Load was the very first iteration of that attempt and yes, it did work for a LITTLE while---a couple of months I think, but now it's extremely outdated and doesn't work anymore.

With that said, I might look into using Unity but it would be a side project thing if I did since I'd have to completely learn a new engine. So we'll see :D I would like to have my game on Android and such too but for the time being that isn't possible.

Thanks for the suggestion!

More than likely, if the new backup programmer cannot create a progressive save system, I'll look into porting the game into something like Unity.

when I try to open the game, a sign appears that says, could not find specified module, is there a solution?
Did you install the Quest software that comes with the game?

Anonynn.

svolozhanin7

Jul 25, 2018
Me playing for the first time: *1 minute at the character creation* There is no default name?! Nooo! *3 minutes at the character creation* WHERE DOES IT END??!!! :eek::cry:

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Me playing for the first time: *1 minute at the character creation* There is no default name?! Nooo! *3 minutes at the character creation* WHERE DOES IT END??!!! :eek::cry:
Haha ^_^ at least all the questions are relevant xD Also. Hmm....I never thought of adding default names for Player's to choose from. I'll have to take that into consideration.

Anonynn.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
I think the character creator could use some improvements.

IMO a good character creator should be clear - the options that reflect and change our appearance should be concise so we can make our character look exactly as we want them to without leaving it up to faith and vague questions that have nothing to do with what they actually change. For example; how long you reminisce about your memories reflects the length of your hair. It makes no sense.

I'm aware that we can choose to see which stats are affected during the creation but that kind of incentivizes people to min-max rather than making a decision based on what their characters (or even themselves) would do in that situation. It takes away the immersion and roleplay. Again, the main issue here is to have a concise questionnaire and character creator that allows people to make their characters, as they wish, without having to activate a "cheat-like" feature just so they can know what actually changed.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
I think the character creator could use some improvements.

IMO a good character creator should be clear - the options that reflect and change our appearance should be concise so we can make our character look exactly as we want them to without leaving it up to faith and vague questions that have nothing to do with what they actually change. For example; how long you reminisce about your memories reflects the length of your hair. It makes no sense.

I'm aware that we can choose to see which stats are affected during the creation but that kind of incentivizes people to min-max rather than making a decision based on what their characters (or even themselves) would do in that situation. It takes away the immersion and roleplay. Again, the main issue here is to have a concise questionnaire and character creator that allows people to make their characters, as they wish, without having to activate a "cheat-like" feature just so they can know what actually changed.
I appreciate your feedback on the creator but personally I really enjoy how it's set-up now and the questions that are involved (although, in the future I may change the way height is handled but we'll see). In any case, the ability to "see stats" or to "turn stats off" during the creation actually gives the best of both worlds and is not a 'cheat' at all. Examples below...

For those who want immersion in creation, they turn off the ability to see stats and essentially design everything their character thinks about and enjoys based on their feelings and intuition, for example, how long they chose to reminisce about certain things when their characters were younger, and that sort of thing. It also works for those who want to be surprised by how their character turns out. By asking questions that relate directly to the character or the character history, it actually creates more connection to them and allows better role-play in my opinion; like instead of dryly asking "what race are you?" --- I, go by quotes that sum up those particular races instead.

For those who either want to know what the questions represent or they want to min-max their character's stats, well, that's entirely up to them and it shouldn't be considered cheating to do it that way (some people like having complete control over who they are playing).

As a developer, I have to try to accommodate both these types of people or at the very least, I want to accommodate both. If you want to know what the questions represent, turn the 'see stats' on. If you don't, turn it off. And if you are worried about picking choices based on incentive, like a specific stat you personally want, then all you have to do is ignore that temptation and try to choose things that represent the character you're creating instead.

I do appreciate you taking the time to talk to me about it though and I would be happy to discuss it further but unanimously, people seem to really love the creation process because it's NOT a questionnaire and it took me a long time to come up with questions that not only reflect the choices but also help mentally connect the player to the character at the same time because they can visualize what the character's life was like growing up and what their personalities were like before starting the adventure.

If you have any more thoughts on the matter let me know :)

Anonynn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gregor34674

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
AMS v0.33D is LIVE!
3JUN19
Word Count: 1,767,238
LinesOfCode: 105,759
Characters: 12,436,081

Check it out and leave reviews/comments ^___^ Thank you!

Blog Link:
And you can donate here if you like it!
Public Discord:

1.90 star(s) 7 Votes