Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
so, have the save system been fixed yet?
Not yet. The deadline I was aiming for was this upcoming release at the end of the month (June).

I had to fire the programmer that was supposed to be working on it though. But I've already found a potential replacement and I'm still looking for others just in case the second one falls through. Unfortunately, skill and responsibility are two things that are hard to come by! xD

Anonynn.

foofoo3344

Dec 5, 2017
Not yet. The deadline I was aiming for was this upcoming release at the end of the month (June).

I had to fire the programmer that was supposed to be working on it though. But I've already found a potential replacement and I'm still looking for others just in case the second one falls through. Unfortunately, skill and responsibility are two things that are hard to come by! xD

Anonynn.
Ok, thanks for the info.

Cheese_Dude

Mar 10, 2019
Just thought I'd mention that I appreciate how involved you are with the community and am glad to see how active you are in making this game! :D - I've been waiting to start playing for a while but can't because of the broken save system so I can't wait for it to start working, also...

Just a suggestion, I'm always worried about picking the wrong choice during character creation because of the lines being so close together, perhaps you should space them out or something? Thankfully it hasn't happened yet but not knowing what choice you picked until you finish makes, making a new character kinda suck lol, especially considering how long it takes to make one.

Reactions: ThanhTung

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Just thought I'd mention that I appreciate how involved you are with the community and am glad to see how active you are in making this game! :D - I've been waiting to start playing for a while but can't because of the broken save system so I can't wait for it to start working, also...

Just a suggestion, I'm always worried about picking the wrong choice during character creation because of the lines being so close together, perhaps you should space them out or something? Thankfully it hasn't happened yet but not knowing what choice you picked until you finish makes, making a new character kinda suck lol, especially considering how long it takes to make one.
Ugh! Sorry about the late response. I never got an email that someone posted here. What a pain! Also, it's my pleasure to be involved with the community, kind of my job as a dev to walk the player through any questions they have and to provide clarity on where money for the game is going and what my plans are. I think I owe people that in the very least whether they donate or not. Also, I love the community, it's fun meeting people who are interested in the project and inspires me to work on it more often. ^_^ So thank you!

I'm assuming your second half is about the space between menu choices. I'll have to look into how to space them out. Thank you for the heads-up.

As far as the save system, no work has been done on it yet but the second programmer and I have been talking about how to fix it, gathering the bugs together and we plan on rewriting a lot of it. Keep your fingers crossed. I've been working a bit in Unity too to see if I can transition the game to there, but I'm still a noob at it.

Thanks for sending me a message. If you have questions about anything else please don't hesitate to ask!

Anonynn.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
AMS v0.34A is now LIVE!
Word Count: 1,794,797
LinesOfCode: 108,156

Characters: 12,624,259

EMAIL:
Anonymousynn@gmail.com

Patreon:

Public Discord:

Blog :

SubscribeStar:

Datawungui

Aug 18, 2016
Seems fun. However, the slow typing text at the start of the first chapter is terrible. If there's a way to switch it to just instantly pop up the text instead of having to wait for it to slowly fill out, that'd be grrrrreeeeaaaatttt.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Seems fun. However, the slow typing text at the start of the first chapter is terrible. If there's a way to switch it to just instantly pop up the text instead of having to wait for it to slowly fill out, that'd be grrrrreeeeaaaatttt.
Oh, I wasn't aware it was too slow. You can hit enter before it's finished typing --- but I can speed it up a little or something if everyone feels that way. ^_^

EDIT: Also thank you for the compliment! Glad you enjoyed it so far!

Anonynn.

czertik

Apr 25, 2018
got very big problem - after loading a game, i "lost" gread deal of scree, everthing is clicable, but previously when i clicked on char and lookt at/achat..i did have have pic/some text and at bootom of screen window for wtiting of text, nowe i have that text window at top of screen.
so i cant read all new text/see pics. how to fix it ?

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
got very big problem - after loading a game, i "lost" gread deal of scree, everthing is clicable, but previously when i clicked on char and lookt at/achat..i did have have pic/some text and at bootom of screen window for wtiting of text, nowe i have that text window at top of screen.
so i cant read all new text/see pics. how to fix it ?
The Save/Load library is currently being reworked so it's still likely to be very wonky. I fixed a lot of the major errors with it during this rework. You could try typing "Clear" which clears the screen but if that doesn't work, I would just suggest not saving for the time being. I apologize for that inconvenience.

Anonynn.

Datawungui

Aug 18, 2016
Oh, I wasn't aware it was too slow. You can hit enter before it's finished typing --- but I can speed it up a little or something if everyone feels that way. ^_^

EDIT: Also thank you for the compliment! Glad you enjoyed it so far!

Anonynn.
The problem with hitting enter before it finishes is that it skips the text when I want to read it.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I have been messing around with this game for what seems like years, and generally have enjoyed it. I've never actually gotten past the tree house before something fatal happened to the game, but have gotten pretty far, and enjoy both the lore and puzzle elements. The lack of a save system has kept me from doing much more than messing around with it, though, because it is demoralizing to have spent all that time and not be able to save the results. I'll certainly be interested in playing the game more deeply once the save feature is implemented.

I am wondering how much investment the dev would lose by moving away from Quest. It is such an antique system and cannot have all the bugfixing and modern bells and whistles that more recent systems have, and would avoid a lot of the annoying features of quest (like the fact that I played maybe a half-dozen times before reading somewhere about the "search" command that is absolutely necessary for play but cannot be accessed except by typing it in). The use of Quest isn't a real detractor for playing, but it mightn't be the best investment of development time.

In any case, thanks to the dev for putting this game together, and good luck to him or her on its further development, whether in Quest or not.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
I have been messing around with this game for what seems like years, and generally have enjoyed it. I've never actually gotten past the tree house before something fatal happened to the game, but have gotten pretty far, and enjoy both the lore and puzzle elements. The lack of a save system has kept me from doing much more than messing around with it, though, because it is demoralizing to have spent all that time and not be able to save the results. I'll certainly be interested in playing the game more deeply once the save feature is implemented.

I am wondering how much investment the dev would lose by moving away from Quest. It is such an antique system and cannot have all the bugfixing and modern bells and whistles that more recent systems have, and would avoid a lot of the annoying features of quest (like the fact that I played maybe a half-dozen times before reading somewhere about the "search" command that is absolutely necessary for play but cannot be accessed except by typing it in). The use of Quest isn't a real detractor for playing, but it mightn't be the best investment of development time.

In any case, thanks to the dev for putting this game together, and good luck to him or her on its further development, whether in Quest or not.
Hello! I'm the dev! ^_^ Thank you for commenting and sharing your thoughts. I'll do my best to answer you.

You might be happy to know that I have been in talks with a second programmer who is attempting to redo the save system so it's up-to-date; it might become checkpoint-based or Resident Evil-style where an item handles it or something like that. We're not entirely sure what the easier route is, so we've just been chatting about it. I've also been fixing as many bugs in the save system as I can in the meantime but many are beyond my ability to fix on my own.

With that said, I have been looking into Unity. I actually downloaded it and have been messing around with it here and there. But ...100,000+ lines of code is A LOT to rewrite in a different engine. Luckily, I break the game up into big chunks/libraries so if I did transfer it over---it might not take as long as you think. The difference is, I'm a brand new programmer and the only system and coding I've ever worked with is Quest. So re-learning something new could take me months, possibly years. But that's something I can do as I work on the game. Honestly, I don't have a firm handle on Unity yet either and finding the right assets for a text adventure is going to be challenging. But any help anyone can provide would be really amazing. Maybe I can reward them with in-game stuff in return.

And thank you so much for the positive energy and kind wishes. I hope I get to speak with you again sometime and I encourage others to share their thoughts too. I like meeting fans and discussing things ^_^

Anonynn.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
The problem with hitting enter before it finishes is that it skips the text when I want to read it.
Oooh, I thought you were wanting to skip it. I can increase the speed a tick or two. Let me know in the next version if that speed works. The reason why that presentation is different from the rest of the game is kind-of because it's prologue and I didn't want to confuse people between the prologue and the actual story. So I tried to present the prologue as lore.

Anonynn.

Reactions: Datawungui

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hello! I'm the dev! ^_^ Thank you for commenting and sharing your thoughts. I'll do my best to answer you.

You might be happy to know that I have been in talks with a second programmer who is attempting to redo the save system so it's up-to-date; it might become checkpoint-based or Resident Evil-style where an item handles it or something like that. We're not entirely sure what the easier route is, so we've just been chatting about it. I've also been fixing as many bugs in the save system as I can in the meantime but many are beyond my ability to fix on my own.

With that said, I have been looking into Unity. I actually downloaded it and have been messing around with it here and there. But ...100,000+ lines of code is A LOT to rewrite in a different engine. Luckily, I break the game up into big chunks/libraries so if I did transfer it over---it might not take as long as you think. The difference is, I'm a brand new programmer and the only system and coding I've ever worked with is Quest. So re-learning something new could take me months, possibly years. But that's something I can do as I work on the game. Honestly, I don't have a firm handle on Unity yet either and finding the right assets for a text adventure is going to be challenging. But any help anyone can provide would be really amazing. Maybe I can reward them with in-game stuff in return.

And thank you so much for the positive energy and kind wishes. I hope I get to speak with you again sometime and I encourage others to share their thoughts too. I like meeting fans and discussing things ^_^

Anonynn.
Having thought about what I wrote about Quest, I want to retract it. You are absolutely right to continue with using it, and only maybe try to use a new engine on a new game. My experience is that "revamps" and engine switches kill games. You are well iinto the content portion of your game design, and should stick to that (other than allowing saves).

Thanks for responding and, again, good luck and thanks for all the fishes.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Having thought about what I wrote about Quest, I want to retract it. You are absolutely right to continue with using it, and only maybe try to use a new engine on a new game. My experience is that "revamps" and engine switches kill games. You are well iinto the content portion of your game design, and should stick to that (other than allowing saves).

Thanks for responding and, again, good luck and thanks for all the fishes.
Thanks for your thoughts and feedback, it's greatly appreciated. If anything else comes to mind, let me know :)

Anonynn.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Shrink? You have my attention.
Hah! There is a shrink bad-end too!

Signs point to no.
Sadly, the second programmer who volunteered to help earlier this month got extremely busy with real life and her job. She told me yesterday she had to bail for the time being and apologized to everyone for wasting all that time.

Just means I have to scour the depths of programmer land again to see if I can find someone reliable and with enough time to help. Keep your fingers crossed!

Anoynnn.

1.90 star(s) 7 Votes