Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Same here, I've tried looking for the smoke signal but none of the paths lead to anywhere, just dead ends
The game current stops at Chapter 2. It only has 5 rooms that had full weather effect and description so that the player can test the Rest Command and how the Weather works. I stopped there so I could go back and finish remastering Chapter 1 (which is almost done) and so I could finish all the base systems (I think there are...2-4 systems left). Once all of those are complete, I'll be pushing forward Chapter 2.

Maybe I should add a message in game that Chapter 2 is the current ending point.

So how do you save in this game? I use both save and save as and nothing happens.
Hitting the Save button in the top right corner (next to Help) should bring up a menu with two different Saves.
Quest Default
SaveLoad

The in-game help guide will explain both of those in detail :) But let me know if you're still confused.

Anonynn.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
Wait. So this game that is nearing 1.0 has 10 minutes of actual gameplay

I think it would depend on one's reading speed. Have you found all the hidden rooms, or explored the variations in the different Moods because they change the presentation of the game. Did you complete both the quests so far? Explore all the different things you can do with Hannah and Rold?

1.0 is going to be the completion and complete remastering of Chapter 1, all the sub-systems that I've been building and all the item remasters. 2.0 will be the completion of chapter 2 and so on. :)

I'm sorry if that is not what you were expecting but creating true multiple paths (without railroading the player) and responses for characters and world presentation based on four different Moods take a lot of work.

Anonynn.

A51

Jul 14, 2017
I think the issue here is with version numbering, people generally assume 1.0 to be a full release or "completed" game. People might be coming in here to see that there is actually little content (due to your reworking) and be confused or upset. You could always go with a Chapter system for your version notation, such as "Chapter 1 - 1.0" or "Chapter 2 - 0.1" etc.

JellyElly

Mar 14, 2018
Nice work so far! What kind of additional mechanics or subsystems are you still thinking of adding?

Lust growth per turn if you've got high corruption, would be a simple one. Sexual monster attacks that raise lust, and if lust hits maximum the player gets soft defeated, etc, come to mind as another possible addition.
Have you considered dropping some content, some races for example, or streamlining the mood system. For example combining Sarcasm and Sexy or Serious and Sympathy so you'll have only 2-3 moods - just wondering that creating all the variations you currently have can be quite time consuming.

This game's definitely got a lot of potential keep up the good work!

Reactions: Anonynn

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
I think the issue here is with version numbering, people generally assume 1.0 to be a full release or "completed" game. People might be coming in here to see that there is actually little content (due to your reworking) and be confused or upset. You could always go with a Chapter system for your version notation, such as "Chapter 1 - 1.0" or "Chapter 2 - 0.1" etc.

It's actually a funny story (for me at least) but since this is my first game I didn't know how to number it. So every version that originally came out was like v0.0.5 and v0.10, v0.15 and so on. Eventually, I came to realize that 1.0 meant a completed game. And I was like ewps! xD but I was already at v0.9.5 or something like that. Realistically, I think the game is around v0.15. If even that (if we're going by game completion). But instead of confusing people and changing the version number I just decided to do the numbering by Chapters.

I do like that idea. Like ...Ch.1-v0.96B (Public) <--- but I think that looks really confusing. Anyone care to weigh in?

Nice work so far! What kind of additional mechanics or subsystems are you still thinking of adding?

Lust growth per turn if you've got high corruption, would be a simple one. Sexual monster attacks that raise lust, and if lust hits maximum the player gets soft defeated, etc, come to mind as another possible addition.
Have you considered dropping some content, some races for example, or streamlining the mood system. For example combining Sarcasm and Sexy or Serious and Sympathy so you'll have only 2-3 moods - just wondering that creating all the variations you currently have can be quite time consuming.

This game's definitely got a lot of potential keep up the good work!
Hey! Thank you very much for the compliment about the work! I really appreciate that. :D

As for Subsystems and Mechanics, I still have to add the last part of the Crafting System, I need to add the Secondary Pregnancy System (like butt birthing eggs etc which will be available for both genders), the Corruption System needs to be worked on because it doesn't do much right now, I need to work on the Day/Night Travel System for the Whispering Thicket Area (since each area will have it's own unique travel events/System), Entice is the sex system for enemies that is coming soon (since I just finished the Masturbation System). After that, I want to add a Skill-Tree with all the earned Speciality Traits so combat becomes a little more dynamic (I already have the tree ready I just need to code it but that requires reworking the combat system a little). I think that's about it. Each area will add something to the game though and change it up a little. Like there is a town beyond the forest coming up where you can live at and work for a while, raise a family etc (more or less putting a halt on your adventure).

Some people on Discord also mentioned that I should have an optional Survival System like Thirsty and Hungry mechanics but that won't be until the other systems are finished. I'm also always working on ideas to fix up the interface as well :)

As for dropping content, I haven't thought of anything. Four Moods isn't too hard to manage and although it is a lot of extra work (since I have to write things four different times with different variations for each and including every possible variable) it really does add a different presentation to the game that can be unique and exciting to discover (sometimes even for me). It's tough to really express that in the Withered Snag (Goblin House Tutorial Area) because there is a story-line there that can either happen or not happen --- but once the player is out in the world of the game I can completely open it up.

Thank you so much for the potential compliment! I'm glad you think so! It's always nice to receive encouragement from fans! :D

Anonynn.

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
AMS v0.96C (PTB) is LIVE!

Check it out and leave reviews/comments ^___^ Thank you!
Blog Link:
And you can donate here if you like it!
Public Discord:

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
AMS v0.96C (PTB-Hotfix) is LIVE!

Blog Link:
Public Discord:

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
AMS v0.96D (Public) is LIVE!

Blog Link:
Public Discord:

Julius

Jul 9, 2017
I'm not sure if it's an issue that only I've encountered, but saving is very very broken for me so far. Game glitches out when trying to use the built-in Quest save, and always makes me an ex-Farmer when using the text save.

EDIT: The exact error I get from the Quest save is something about failing to save field 'goblinesque man.greet' with value 'Script :' followed by a long chunk of what seems to be text from an event.

zeezlynx

Dec 31, 2017
I keep getting an error saying that "the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" but as far as I know its not :/

Anonynn

Game Developer
Feb 25, 2018
AYYYYYYYYYYYYY seems good.

Thank you very much!

I'm not sure if it's an issue that only I've encountered, but saving is very very broken for me so far. Game glitches out when trying to use the built-in Quest save, and always makes me an ex-Farmer when using the text save. EDIT: The exact error I get from the Quest save is something about failing to save field 'goblinesque man.greet' with value 'Script :' followed by a long chunk of what seems to be text from an event.

I am aware of the error and will hotfix it ASAP :)

I keep getting an error saying that "the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" but as far as I know its not :/

Keep in mind when using the Quest Default Save it needs time to create the file since the game is 1.4 million words and about 75-80k lines of code. If you try to keep playing or clicking other things while it's creating that file, it'll throw errors. So basically, once you hit that save, just wait about 30 seconds. That should be enough time for it to save and create the file.

Anonynn.

Reactions: Julius
1.90 star(s) 7 Votes