RPGM Abandoned Appolline Remake [Alpha CC] [Payne786]

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes

AmenemhatTheLonely

Feb 28, 2022
It's really nice that different scenes happen based on the appearance, but I worry how much work will be required for this, as all these scenes have to be pre-rendered as they cannot be procedurally generated, which means that for every scene in the game, whether different or not, the Dev has to render it 5 times to show for all appearances :(

Good point. Such diversity is good for replayability, but the work needed is indeed much more than just with one single appearance. The dev might want to somehow recycle the other appearances/scenes for different characters though, who knows.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
Update:

Apologies if my page was down for few days. 5 of my family members died recently so I have to move to a new place for a while. I am fine now.
So sorry to hear that. I honestly hope he took his time before resuming on this project. The death of 5 ppl who are close to you in such a short time is ALOT to process. Not to mention other real life stuff (funeral) he has to deal with. He should just pause all the side projects and focus on his life now. His patron should be the last thing he worries about, I understand he might need an escape but working on an erotic game honestly doesn't sound good right now

Hoteighteens

Dec 6, 2021

Thank you for all the feedback, this game has now undergone a massive rework and this small demo is used to showcase the
corruption system that will be implemented. Feedbacks are highly appreciated!
Changes made in the current version:
- Squashed down the appearances from 5 to 2.
- Introduced a Corruption based story line.
- Drastically reduced map sizes.
- Added a Journal/Quest Log.
Thanks and take care.
LINK:
So happy you're taking a pro-active stance over there and picking up signs from the community. The most important ingredient to any successful game. I look forward to giving it another shot.

(Good luck on your personal and family's situation. I hope you don't worry too much over a silly adult game right now. I'm sure your Patreons would agree, that they'd rather see your take some time, to return when ready with true focus, than to rush things or feel "guilty" right now. Still, the way you handle this, does shows strong character. Saluté)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I thought this was a pretty decent effort for a demo and early release. Looks like it will improve quite a bit with the reduced maps and the corruption system actually implemented. Although I think fewer models for appearance is good, I'm hoping the model I chose isn't one that went away. I quite liked her (OP image 6). But w/e; I'm looking forward to the next release whenever that happens.

And, ofc, I hope Payne is comforted in the loss of their family. I've been losing family members and friends over the last few years myself for various reasons. Loss is something that affects everyone differently; some are less devastated by it than others. I hope Payne recovers well from the pain and any other emotions felt. Heart.png

Reactions: ustar

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
Sadly not a great restart, not going to lure in many patrons with this, did suspend payments this month but if the next update is more of the same not going to do great. I prefered the random encounter idea.

Reactions: Alea iacta est

kayi128

Dec 5, 2018
got the bug whit convinience store cant enter because i need to go to blue marmaid after i did the 1 quest

Hoteighteens

Dec 6, 2021
Just downloaded the latest version, and although haven't played longer than a few minutes, can already say; major improvement! The world still feels big (in a good way this time!) with lots to explore, but less "useless walking". Given the version number, I assume there will be bugs (although so far everything is running smoothly, in terms of story-line and mechanics, journal is also very welcome addition), but in this version, I feel you got the "genre" of this type of game just right. Hope this allows for you to keep extending until your imagination runs dry!

(I do want to reiterate that it's healthy to not rush things now and you're already showing a lot of talent / potential. The characters are turning more zomie-esque. Everyone deals with things their own way, but if it's slipping in overwhelmingly in your work, probably either rebrand it a zombie special next round, or process and then continue, corruption or no)

Hoteighteens

Dec 6, 2021
Notes I wil edit;
- Perhaps put road-blocks / construction signs on dead end roads for now, to completely get rid of the "ah a road, oh no, no road". You have enough things that are open to keep it diverse, simple (or cool :p) 2 tile roadblock saves frustration
- Probably something in the engine, but more indication as to what objects are actionable, besides the main-story, would be nice
- Now not as frustrating as when there was the bug when checking in, but it can take quite a while to characters to walk into position to start talking ^^

(Really just nit-picking, keep up the good work!)

Reactions: jinnyh

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
I think they are putting out an update, some bugs fixed and some extra scenes, I think the main character needs more attention as most sexually oriented scenes were other people.

Ap2003

Aug 30, 2021
1663241429134.png

I have been to blue mermaid and met keira now the journal says to find a convenience store. but when i try to go in it says this!

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes