Potatogod08

Nov 13, 2017
Hey, is anyone getting an out-of-bounds memory access issue when you try to enter a dungeon? I didn't have this issue on the last patch.

EDIT: I wonder if it has to do with my Sluttiness being 116/100? New saves work fine and all I did for the new one was grind out the stripping job.

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
I haven't had a lot of time to work on the game, but I'll try to look into it.

Nov 12, 2021
Hey love the game one thing I'd like to point out is that you can't use saves that you saved to file from previous version and load the save from file. Anyway still love it.

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Yeah, that's a problem with Inform, though I'm glad you like the game.

I also apologize, I haven't had a lot of time to work on it. Life has been pretty busy, and I've had to focus on earning money to make a living and all those pesky things. I'm already pushing the limits of what Inform can do, so its rather time-consuming.

Nov 12, 2021
Yeah, that's a problem with Inform, though I'm glad you like the game.

I also apologize, I haven't had a lot of time to work on it. Life has been pretty busy, and I've had to focus on earning money to make a living and all those pesky things. I'm already pushing the limits of what Inform can do, so its rather time-consuming.
Understandable you have to take care of yourself first, sexy fox archeologist comes later, I do hope you can get art for most of the scenes and endings at some point, best of luck to you and the development of the game.

hotenhornay

Apr 30, 2018
I may have slightly more info on when the stats get set to 0 (present in both native HTML and Glulxe interpreter). It seems that, in the Cultist Temple, any encounter with a cultist will result in the stats being set to 0 immediately afterward. This is temporary, as returning to the city resets the stats to their original values.

Is there an intentional dip in stats when fighting cultists?

Edit: actually, this seems to happen after any enemy encounter.

Last edited:

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
I appreciate the help, I'll give it another look when I have time but I think its a problem with either the basic way I've coded battles to work or a problem with the engine. It'd be a lot of work to fix the former, and its impossible to fix the latter.

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
I'm not sure if there would be any interest in me trying to get it posted to its own page here on f95 - but I've finished a small side game to look into different (and hopefully more efficient) ways of coding combat, as well as to test out a few other mechanics.

GoneLikeACoolBreeze

Nov 20, 2017
I'm not sure if there would be any interest in me trying to get it posted to its own page here on f95 - but I've finished a small side game to look into different (and hopefully more efficient) ways of coding combat, as well as to test out a few other mechanics.
I'd be interested in such a thing, you could even post it in this thread if you wanted

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Any news about the game?
The combat system has to be completely remade from the ground up, so it might be a while before that happens. I made another project that shows off how that new combat system would work, in the meantime, however.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Torinir

jakewolf

Feb 3, 2020
You know, this plus Flexible Survival kinda got me interested in trying out Inform as an engine. So, thanks for giving me something to do when I'm bored or in the mood to write a game for my friends and possibly myself while play testing.

jakewolf

Feb 3, 2020
Honestly I can't wait to see how the game expands over time, when you finally get back to it, because of my above statement. I really enjoyed it, and love the concept. That said Lapsa, you have any recommendations for someone trying to learn inform, or should I just focus on learning it by the handbook and trial and error?

jakewolf

Feb 3, 2020
Also, curiosity makes me ask, now that I thought of it, when you overhaul the combat system, are you going to change up content, keep what you already have and just add to it, or, and I hope this isn't the case, scrap the original part of the project and just change up your entire plans? Would love to know since it's been a few months since anyone commented o this, and I know you have your other project. Thanks.

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
You know, this plus Flexible Survival kinda got me interested in trying out Inform as an engine. So, thanks for giving me something to do when I'm bored or in the mood to write a game for my friends and possibly myself while play testing.
Honestly I can't wait to see how the game expands over time, when you finally get back to it, because of my above statement. I really enjoyed it, and love the concept. That said Lapsa, you have any recommendations for someone trying to learn inform, or should I just focus on learning it by the handbook and trial and error?

Glad to hear I motivated you to try to give it a whirl! I learned mostly through trial and error and asking the community - it has taken quite a while to get to where I'm at and making the most of the limitations provided by it.

Also, curiosity makes me ask, now that I thought of it, when you overhaul the combat system, are you going to change up content, keep what you already have and just add to it, or, and I hope this isn't the case, scrap the original part of the project and just change up your entire plans? Would love to know since it's been a few months since anyone commented o this, and I know you have your other project. Thanks.

I'll likely be changing a whole lot when I come back to things since I have to rip everything up anyhow, don't know how radical those changes will be as far as adding things though.

Leob70

Dec 13, 2017
I really did like this project so I will be glad you keep at it if you are able, tearing out the combat system and simplifying it really doesn't sound like a bad idea especially with this engine where anything that's going to be used very repeatedly kind of needs to be as streamlined as possible.

Best of luck.

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes