GoneLikeACoolBreeze

Nov 20, 2017
1664760966827.png
Candy Dungeon seems to have no path forward on the only non "dead end" branch, all other branches explicitly end in dead ends except Frosting Forest -West and this one has no working link out besides east. Also spawn rate of the Bubblegum Buck in this area is frustatingly high, especially since they have a multiturn stun that can lock you in.

Last edited:

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
My PC is detecting the game, or at least the Mixdrop mirror of the download, as a virus.
It's probably a fake virus pop-up. Mixdrop runs some pretty garbage ads (it actually popped up a fake "WE FOUND A VIRUS ON YOUR COMPUTER" message when I tried downloading the game from that mirror just now). I'd suggest avoiding that mirror in the future.

If it makes you feel any better, I just snagged the ZIP from the WorkUpload mirror and ran it through VirusTotal (a site that scans the file with a few dozen virus scanners). Zero detections found:

1664768511931.png

Reactions: TheWindsOfChange

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
View attachment 2078559
Candy Dungeon seems to have no path forward on the only non "dead end" branch, all other branches explicitly end in dead ends except Frosting Forest -West and this one has no working link out besides east. Also spawn rate of the Bubblegum Buck in this area is frustatingly high, especially since they have a multiturn stun that can lock you in.
Thanks, I'll look into it and see why its suddenly doing that now.

hotenhornay

Apr 30, 2018
I've noticed that, whenever I check my stats while in a dungeon, the skills all read as 0, despite having upgraded my skills

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
I've noticed that, whenever I check my stats while in a dungeon, the skills all read as 0, despite having upgraded my skills
I'll try to figure out why its doing that. Do the stats actually seem to be zero/stay at zero, or do they just display as zero?

Is this with trying the new, still experimental, mechanic for temporary stat increases?

hotenhornay

Apr 30, 2018
I'll try to figure out why its doing that. Do the stats actually seem to be zero/stay at zero, or do they just display as zero?

Is this with trying the new, still experimental, mechanic for temporary stat increases?
I haven't been able to pass any of the stat checks in the dungeon (the fake reliquary and the enchanted chains come to mind), so the stats actually appear to stay at 0.

I have not used any temporary stat increases.

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
I haven't been able to pass any of the stat checks in the dungeon (the fake reliquary and the enchanted chains come to mind), so the stats actually appear to stay at 0.

I have not used any temporary stat increases.
Trying to test it now, and I'm not having any luck replicating it. Which dungeons did you enter on that save?

hotenhornay

Apr 30, 2018
I first ran into the issue after having done the Cultist Temple, Tomb of the Three Greats, and the Pyramid of Ayam

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Alright, thanks! I'll keep looking around and trying to find the cause.

HAL9000.1

Nov 3, 2017
We need more cheats... A one-time-use 100$ code is nowhere near enough, at least make it reusable for those who'd like to skip the grind!

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
What's new on this update?
Aside from general attempts at fixing bugs, there are two new pieces of drawn art and one new dungeon.

We need more cheats... A one-time-use 100$ code is nowhere near enough, at least make it reusable for those who'd like to skip the grind!
There are four codes that give various amounts of the in-game currency, IMS. Those are WOOF, KNOWLEDGE, CHIHUAHUA, and EDWARD.

Kimera69

Mar 29, 2022
Really cool game so far. I keep getting the blank screen thing (both before and after the update) when doing the stripping minigame. I think I have it tracked down to after a certain number of times using the "public masturbation" option, but I'm not positive. As a fan of corruption, that displeases me.

Also thoughts on more long term effects on your character from events? Always been a fan of those. I was excited in the slime dungeon because I thought losing to the slimes permanently made her wetter. I suppose that could get annoying to code, but I figured I'd shoot my shot.

aznbluefire

Aug 17, 2017
Can't turn in Sunken Palace to the museum curator, I've killed the despot and grabbed the orb.
Also, I've completed all the museum quests as well as Pyramid of Ayam but the Agepi rep isn't showing up for Temple of bounty.

Last edited:

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Really cool game so far. I keep getting the blank screen thing (both before and after the update) when doing the stripping minigame. I think I have it tracked down to after a certain number of times using the "public masturbation" option, but I'm not positive. As a fan of corruption, that displeases me.

Also thoughts on more long term effects on your character from events? Always been a fan of those. I was excited in the slime dungeon because I thought losing to the slimes permanently made her wetter. I suppose that could get annoying to code, but I figured I'd shoot my shot.
I'll look into the issue with the mini-game. Its hard to troubleshoot them, but hopefully knowing which option caused it can help me figure out which interaction is not displaying properly. Thanks!

Most of the 'long term effects' will be geared towards the out of dungeon town content, when and if I can try to fix it up and actually add more to it and make it more meaningful. That will likely just be more corruptive actions like public sex, more lewd locations, more repeatable sex scenes, etc rather than permanent (still playable) tf. The problem arises with how much effort and rewriting and reworking with the code it would take, and how limiting it would be for other things (not only rewriting all the scenes to fit a much more generic mold, but also rewriting all enemies, possible tfs, possible dialogue, quests/dungeons, jobs, etc to all fit every possible combination of tfs).

A lot of the more 'hardcore' corruption is in the various game-overs, since most of the more hardcore corruptions would be an end-state anyhow. There isn't much of a reason to go on adventures when your mind is little more than a warm puddle of lust and your body has been turned into a sex toy after-all.

Can't turn in Sunken Palace to the museum curator, I've killed the despot and grabbed the orb.
Also, I've completed all the museum quests as well as Pyramid of Ayam but the Agepi rep isn't showing up for Temple of bounty.
I'll give it another look.

For the rep not showing up, are you sure you completed all the prerequisites? If so, it could be somehow related.

Sargash

Nov 22, 2017
1665785357179.png
You get stuck here, and are unable to progress through the rest of the level. Since you can't return to the city either, your save ends here.

Since the game is in development, and a number of issues exist that are fairly common. I'd say removing the limit on some of the codes is probably a good idea, or a debug menu of some sort.
Can you assign hotkeys, such as spacebar being used for next or pass or end turn.
AWSDQEZC for directional navigation. Grinding enough currency to become strong to continue really gave me early onset carpal tunnel.

Last edited:

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Thanks, I'll try to take a look at it. What message does it display when you try to move west (you did try going west, right?)?

I'll likely add more codes, making an entire debug menu would be extremely time-consuming. Ideally however, if its an issue with balance some suggestions on that front would keep me from having to infinitely add in extra cheats.

I'm fairly confident I can't assign hotkeys. Please be aware, I'm not the person that developed the engine the game is built within and I do not have the technical knowledge to make my own engine or use a different one that would easily be able to have that functionality.

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
I've determined that it happens sometime around the fight with the plant in the ancient temple.
I still have yet to be able to replicate this. Are you using the interpreter in the zip or a third party application? Sometimes third party applications have issues with behaving properly.

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes