Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
The new Temple of Bounty location doesn't seem to have any enemy encounters aside from the boss, and also won't let me leave.

Also, the Museum Curator doesn't have any prompts after completion of the Sanctum of Knowledge to continue on to the Sunken Palace.
Thanks, I'll look into it when I have time. Money issues have divided my attention heavily so my work on the game has taken a backseat.

Edit: The option should be 'Raiders of the Lost Reliquary'.

Last edited:

CX02

Aug 17, 2018
Thanks, I'll look into it when I have time. Money issues have divided my attention heavily so my work on the game has taken a backseat.

Edit: The option should be 'Raiders of the Lost Reliquary'.
I do hope your situation improves, the time you can put in is much appreciated.

For anyone else stuck here after doing the Sanctum of Knowledge, the quest can be continued by inputting "Complete Raiders of the Lost Reliquary" while talking to the museum curator.

Reactions: Foxxy3038

Njohsae

Dec 26, 2018
I'm a bit confused on how the stripping minigame works; do we need to level up seduction to actually get results?

Kreizacs

May 27, 2017
Is there any sort of way to cheat yet?
'Cause redoing the entire game each update is starting to get tedious

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Is there any sort of way to cheat yet?
'Cause redoing the entire game each update is starting to get tedious
Yes, there are codes that can be used to give you extra points when entered which are unlocked by competing the main story dungeons.

Kreizacs

May 27, 2017
Yes, there are codes that can be used to give you extra points when entered which are unlocked by competing the main story dungeons.
I literally haven't noticed them a single time and I still don't know where they are

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
I literally haven't noticed them a single time and I still don't know where they are
In the museum, special 'exhibits' are unlocked for each main quest. Accessing these will give you a code that can be put into the level selection screen that will give you a certain number of points. Since it is mechanically impossible to have intercompatible saves in Inform, this is the best workaround I can offer.

Kreizacs

May 27, 2017
You can export and import values/variables though, which is what Flexible Survival does so that people don't have to play over again each time

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
You can export and import values/variables though, which is what Flexible Survival does so that people don't have to play over again each time
I've tried looking into ways to do that, but as of yet have not been too terribly successful. As the game starts doing better, I can devout more time into development; coding efforts and playing around with stuff, as well as adding content. It'll certainly be something that I can try to do in the future.

Kreizacs

May 27, 2017
I've tried looking into ways to do that, but as of yet have not been too terribly successful. As the game starts doing better, I can devout more time into development; coding efforts and playing around with stuff, as well as adding content. It'll certainly be something that I can try to do in the future.
Sent you some stuff in regards to it, hope it helps ya out, and makes things easier for ya in the long run even the tiniest bit more

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
It isn't abandoned, no. I do appreciate the concern, however. The last public update was four months ago, which isn't that long of a time. In that time there has been quite a lot of stuff that has happened, some of which has directly impeded my ability to work on the game - alongside other factors.

When there is stuff to show, it'll get an update. I work on it when I'm able in between other things.

• Red Heart
Reactions: kiba945

manmanboyboyman

Nov 24, 2019
Hi! I think I'm softlocked in the sunken ruins? I can't beat the anemones and when I try to leave the ruins it tells me I'm not in anything at the moment. Take as long as you need to get back to this with everything going on! Thank you :)

Swedra

Aug 13, 2018
It isn't abandoned, no. I do appreciate the concern, however. The last public update was four months ago, which isn't that long of a time. In that time there has been quite a lot of stuff that has happened, some of which has directly impeded my ability to work on the game - alongside other factors.

When there is stuff to show, it'll get an update. I work on it when I'm able in between other things.
Id say four months is not just actually THAT long of a time, but a very long time. (Though if that is only about the public and theres been stuff happening, then I can understand it, still 4 months isnt exactly yesterday >_<)

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Hi! I think I'm softlocked in the sunken ruins? I can't beat the anemones and when I try to leave the ruins it tells me I'm not in anything at the moment. Take as long as you need to get back to this with everything going on! Thank you :)
I'll look into it when I get a chance. Sometimes inform gets confused.

Is the problems with the anemones a difficulty thing, or as in its code-wise impossible to beat them due to something breaking?

Id say four months is not just actually THAT long of a time, but a very long time. (Though if that is only about the public and theres been stuff happening, then I can understand it, still 4 months isnt exactly yesterday >_<)

Given that there are games with far larger windows between even minor updates, and that for a year straight prior I was providing near monthly updates on the game (both before and after I posted here), I'd like to think it should be fine. I appreciate understanding that situations in the world currently might make it hard to focus on something like this with that much commitment. Perhaps if it gets more popular in the future I can devote more time, but I still have to find ways to eat and live.

Reactions: Swedra

manmanboyboyman

Nov 24, 2019
I'll look into it when I get a chance. Sometimes inform gets confused.

Is the problems with the anemones a difficulty thing, or as in its code-wise impossible to beat them due to something breaking?

It's a difficulty thing as far as I know, can't fight back after the first turn or two so I was heading back to level up before noticing the issue!

jbloggsey

Mar 4, 2017
Seems like a lot of old bugs still persist in this game. Raphael's mansion has two inputs, deactivating the security, that don't seem to work even at level 8 intelligence, and on top of that the random traps can stop your process on a linear path for some asinine reason, one area in particular can straight up destroy a save if you don't go into it with the high requirements and you save over your only save, the high encounter rate turns even experimenting with assumedly broken paths into an accidental grind that's just boring as the game lacks quite a few quality of life choices, for example, attacking doesn't end your turn - you then have to push one of two buttons that do the exact same thing for conceivably no reason.. And every sentence in a scene seems to start with the world "would" which becomes incredibly awful to see from a grammatical standpoint, which is a shame as the games got some potential, with a core system that may work well, but is propping up bare threads.

Definitely needs some IMS debug cheats to skip the grind. Writing down the codes for 100 IMS isn't enough when you need 4000 to not instantly fail the next level.

Reactions: Arkus86

Lapsa

Game Developer
May 30, 2020
Seems like a lot of old bugs still persist in this game. Raphael's mansion has two inputs, deactivating the security, that don't seem to work even at level 8 intelligence, and on top of that the random traps can stop your process on a linear path for some asinine reason
I appreciate the feedback!

Is it not working as in its saying intelligence isn't high enough, or is it acting as if its letting you do the check - but the traps are still present? One should have a requirement of 7, and the other 6. Both only remove the traps, not the normal enemies. Further, both of them should be persistent across all visits of the mansion - should they should never spontaneously 'reactivate'.

And every sentence in a scene seems to start with the world "would" which becomes incredibly awful to see from a grammatical standpoint, which is a shame as the games got some potential, with a core system that may work well, but is propping up bare threads.
If you've got a particular scene, or set of scenes, you can think of that are particularly egregious in your mind I'd be more than happy to take a look at them.

assumedly broken paths into an accidental grind that's just boring as the game lacks quite a few quality of life choices, for example, attacking doesn't end your turn - you then have to push one of two buttons that do the exact same thing for conceivably no reason
Unfortunately, I'm already pushing inform to the absolute limits of what its capable of. The way I've made the combat system, it isn't really possible to make turns automatically end. This is because I need to be able to have the game complete certain checks for various things that are made far easier for it to do if ending your turn is a specific action.

There should also be no 'broken paths', at least intentionally. Every single dungeon is able to be completed from start to finish - with all its content (scenes, traps, enemies, etc) in place. I've made it quite a point to not release half-finished dungeons/levels to avoid that exact issue. If something seems broken, it isn't working as intended - let me know!

high encounter rate
I'm starting to run into the issue where every time I think I've 'fixed' the rates, I'll invariably find someone that runs into the opposite problem. What do you think a normal encounter rate should be? I could try dropping it back down to what it originally was, which is I think 10-20%.

save over your only save
Also, you should be able to make multiple saves - though if you are on mobile its possible that it limits you to only one.

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes