Atl92

Sep 12, 2021
For an update Kal said they are working hard for release tomorrow, but if it isnt released, then it will be 1-2 days after max. So seems QA phase MAY be taking a little longer than expected. (Is what it is tbh, an extra day or 2 is whatever if true, after previous delays)

Also I dont think Kal and co. are really milking patreon tbh (at least on purpose, i do think they shoulda paused payments). I think they just massively underestimated how long it would take to develop Arenus, and is actually something they have stated themselves. Hell this stuff is something that happens with AAA dev teams so i'm not gonna fault a small h-dev team for doing it too.

Also they did confirm they are never doing a full release game again after this, and are going back to their Roundscape days where they updated every few months or so.

On another note, how do people even get milked on patreon? I supported Arvus games on patreon for $60 total cause I thought thats what their games in total was worth then I cancelled my support, why do other people not do this too? Its not hard. Honestly if you let yourself get milked for that long, or dont do research on the dev beforehand thats on you to some extent.

Last edited:

SluttyToddler

Aug 23, 2018
They still doing the steam version a month after patreon release? I still want to buy it but I don't want to touch their patreon for any reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: sonolfal

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
On another note, how do people even get milked on patreon? I supported Arvus games on patreon for $60 total cause I thought thats what their games in total was worth then I cancelled my support, why do other people not do this too? Its not hard. Honestly if you let yourself get milked for that long, or dont do research on the dev beforehand thats on you to some extent.
Roundscape was finished many years ago and all Kal does now is release a mini patch every few months that adds a negligible amount of content to the game. Make no mistake, he is doing this specifically to justify taking money from patreon. If Kal was employed in a company, it could be said that he does just enough work to not give the boss a good enough reason to fire him. This is called "Milking patreon".

Let's take a look at Kal's achievements over the past 11 years.

2012 - Roundscape adorevia development was started
2017 - Uprising was released (short experimental game that was never quite finished)
2017 - Arenus was Announced (release date was set for 2019)
2018 - Roundscape adorevia development was fully finished (at this point there is no need to add anything to the game)
2019 - Below Sunshade was released (extremely short game)
2020 - Nothing
2021 - Nothing
2022 - Nothing
2023 - ???

I think it's pretty reasonable that some people are getting fed up with the fact that Kal hasn't released anything in quite a few years that would make people feel like he's not just taking their money for personal use.

Like you said, development takes time, there's nothing wrong with that.
But if the release date is moved several times a year every year, it REALLY tries our patience.
If he is not 100% sure that he will be able to live up to his promises, he should have avoided announcing release dates.
Once or twice it could be understood and excused, but he did it about a dozen times...

And as someone who has already been directly involved in the development of adult RPG maker games, I know that every developer faces one more dilemma. When your monetary income from Patreon gets over a certain amount, you have two options.

1) You can (sometimes just temporarily) expand the development team. Not everyone is equally capable at everything. There are people who are able to do a job that takes you months in just a few weeks. Hiring such people will cost you money, but it can drastically reduce developmend time.

2) Or you can intentionally keep the team small. This will get you a lot more money and will put a lot less demand on your creativity because you can stay with one game for many years. Of course, development will be MUCH slower...

You can guess what the popular choice is…

Last edited:

Torinir

Jun 12, 2017
Roundscape was finished many years ago and all Kal does now is release a mini patch every few months that adds a negligible amount of content to the game. Make no mistake, he is doing this specifically to justify taking money from patreon. If Kal was employed in a company, it could be said that he does just enough work to not give the boss a good enough reason to fire him. This is called "Milking patreon".

Let's take a look at Kal's achievements over the past 11 years.

2012 - Roundscape adorevia development was started
2017 - Uprising was released (short experimental game that was never quite finished)
2018 - Roundscape adorevia development was fully finished (at this point there is no need to add anything to the game)
2018 - Arenus was Announced (release date was set for 2019)
2019 - Below Sunshade was released (extremely short game)
2020 - Nothing
2021 - Nothing
2022 - Nothing
2023 - ???
Just going to correct that timeline a bit.

The announcement for Arenus was back in 2017. Roundscape was still in 3.x versions at the time. Roundscape was only "finished" at 5.8 and that release was on Halloween 2021.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Just going to correct that timeline a bit.

The announcement for Arenus was back in 2017. Roundscape was still in 3.x versions at the time. Roundscape was only "finished" at 5.8 and that release was on Halloween 2021.
It was 2017?
That period was somewhat hectic, so it is quite possible.
Thanks for correcting me.

As for Roundscape, I don't believe that Kal is done with that game.
Something tells me that until he announce Roundscape 2, he will release a few more small updates.

Torinir

Jun 12, 2017
It was 2017?
Yeah, he even created the Steam page for the game back in June or July 2017. I had it on my Steam wishlist back in Nov 2017.

Atl92

Sep 12, 2021
It was 2017?

As for Roundscape, I don't believe that Kal is done with that game.
Something tells me that until he announce Roundscape 2, he will release a few more small updates.
After Arenus drops there is one more big Roundscape update called the Gold update. Basically it will add 2 new areas, a new companion, and a few more things, as well fix gallery quest tracker and etc. After that they will be moving on to a new game if my memory serves me correct.

Experimantal

Feb 2, 2018
After Arenus drops there is one more big Roundscape update called the Gold update. Basically it will add 2 new areas, a new companion, and a few more things, as well fix gallery quest tracker and etc. After that they will be moving on to a new game if my memory serves me correct.
That is about right, to be exact, the Gold update will be Roundscape biggest update yet, and thanks to the fact only development team was on Arenus, work on Art, Story and other stuff could continue, which means the Gold update won't take too long to release!

Aug 15, 2022
Today is the 15th. Where is Arenus?

Apparently 1-2 days max if it doesn't release on the 15th. We should expect something substantial on 16th or 17th, then.

Once again, ArvusGames fails to deliver on time.

Reactions: Non Player
3.20 star(s) 36 Votes