4.20 star(s) 19 Votes

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
a bug:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script2.rpy", line 2112, in script
if TopBalcBob == True:
File "game/script2.rpy", line 2116, in <module>
elif PanBalcBob == True:
NameError: name 'PanBalcBob' is not defined

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
a bug:

While running game code:
if TopBalcBob == True:
elif PanBalcBob == True:
Did you use old save or restart?

Sylvie introduced a bunch of new variables, one of them can cause that I believe if you use an old save.

Sylver Games

Evil. Never. Dies!!!!! \m/
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
a bug:

While running game code:
if TopBalcBob == True:
elif PanBalcBob == True:
Yep, Naxos is correct.

I have already posted this two times (it's on the dev notes too):

"Players' choices are now tracked more accurately. This will allow more options for future dialog, giving greater depth to the characters.

Because of the extensive overhaul, old saves will almost certainly not work properly. I'm afraid I have to ask everyone to start from the beginning. I promise, this is the last time I will ask you to do so. I think it will be worth it, though. The game is much more "polished" now, and the dialogs are much more specific to the players' previous choices (and future ones, as well)".

You need to start the game from the beginning, sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: lyric123 and Naxos

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Yep, Naxos is correct.

I have already posted this two times (it's on the dev notes too):

"Players' choices are now tracked more accurately. This will allow more options for future dialog, giving greater depth to the characters.

Because of the extensive overhaul, old saves will almost certainly not work properly. I'm afraid I have to ask everyone to start from the beginning. I promise, this is the last time I will ask you to do so. I think it will be worth it, though. The game is much more "polished" now, and the dialogs are much more specific to the players' previous choices (and future ones, as well)".

You need to start the game from the beginning, sorry for the inconvenience.
I started the game from the beginning, just took not depraved path first - already answered Naxos question above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sylver Games

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Anyway I like the update. No problems in depraved path, and only one encountered in clean (I don't know how to call it) path of the game.

adrie4u

Feb 14, 2019
First of all I LOVE this update :)

Ran into the same error with the 'clean/pure' path which is caused by the scene on the balcony if Ari is NOT returning to the balcony but going straight to mall. After that the value PanBalcBob is not defined, or has a default value like the TopBalcBob has.
You can still skip the error at the shoe store as it doesn't effect the story.

Can't wait for the development at Amy's house...

• Red Heart

Sylver Games

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
Reactions: ustar

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Ok, thanks. But the first error is using a previous save, at least It seems so. Anyway, going to take a look, just in case.

I have to correct that typo.

Thanks a lot ustar
Nope - I already answered before that I started a NEW GAME and it gave me this error - it can be because the story has 2 paths and the mentioned variables (TopBalcBob and PanBalcBob) are set only in one of them (the corruption route), so when I was playing non corruption route, the variables was missing and the game throw the error.

Last edited:

Sylver Games

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
Nope - I already answered before that I started a NEW GAME and it gave me this error - it can be because the story has 2 paths and the mentioned variables (TopBalcBob and PanBalcBob) are set only in one of them (the corruption route), so when I was playing non corruption route, the variables was missing and the game throw the error.
Ok, I have to take a closer look to the code.

Thank you very much ustar

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Ok, I have to take a closer look to the code.

Thank you very much ustar
Actually it took me about 10 minutes to unpack the game again and check the scripts. The game throws error with script2.rpy
if TopBalcBob == True:
elif PanBalcBob == True:
however as I tried and tested, the missing thing is in the script.rpy
default TopBalcBob = False - is defined
but the missing was this:
default PanBalcBob = False

Also I have searched the scripts for the typo... well it seems that everything is fine, but because of the used font I mistakenly saw no space there, but in the code it looks OK, so it was eye error.

I will attach the corrected game script file here:

• Red Heart

Sylver Games

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
Actually it took me about 10 minutes to unpack the game again and check the scripts. The game throws error with script2.rpy
if TopBalcBob == True:
elif PanBalcBob == True:

Also I have searched the scripts for the typo... well it seems that everything is fine, but because of the used font I mistakenly saw no space there, but in the code it looks OK, so it was eye error.

Wow, thanks!

matsomatso

Jul 29, 2019
if TopBalcBob == True:
elif PanBalcBob == True:

That fix will certainly cure the error that is thrown, but Sylvie already promised not to break saves again.
Maybe, since that variable is used only once so far, better to simply comment out the elif statement and accompanying dialogue (as well as the menu item where that variable's value is set).
The extra few lines of text aren't really critical to the story, in my opinion.

Good catch, ustar!

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
That fix will certainly cure the error that is thrown, but Sylvie already promised not to break saves again.
Maybe, since that variable is used only once so far, better to simply comment out the elif statement and accompanying dialogue (as well as the menu item where that variable's value is set).
The extra few lines of text aren't really critical to the story, in my opinion.

Good catch, ustar!
I believe the variable declared in such way should fix all saves not breaking them. At least I didn't encounter anything broken after applying the fix.

Bearded_NoPants

Skin as brittle and thin as dry rice paper
Donor
Jan 12, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
After seeing this I feel so much better, Sam you an angel. A fucken slutty angel but an angel none the less.

WHELP THAT WAS AWESOME!! I CAN'T WANT FOR V0.10!! That should be what December the latest?

I feel conflicted. On the one hand I HATE FRANK, But on the other I understand what Amy is saying... Maybe it's their maturity level? All I know is I think Arizona does not need to be held down. But if she somehow end up in a throuple with Jacob and Sam I'm ok with that.

Sylvie Dreams
clap.gif

Note to self: Don't @ anyone in spoilers

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 19 Votes