MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
So completed the amazing Artemis! (y)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ai...

May 30, 2019
I really like this game but my biggest complaint is with one part of the story. I understand Cassandra screwed the MC over in the past. With Kindra offering the MC to be a partial owner of a company with her why would the MC turn that down just to be an employee of Kindra's. I mean if I got screwed over I wouldn't ever want to be screwed over again. So I'd think it would be harder for me to be screwed over as an owner than it would as just an employee...

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
I really like this game but my biggest complaint is with one part of the story. I understand Cassandra screwed the MC over in the past. With Kindra offering the MC to be a partial owner of a company with her why would the MC turn that down just to be an employee of Kindra's. I mean if I got screwed over I wouldn't ever want to be screwed over again. So I'd think it would be harder for me to be screwed over as an owner than it would as just an employee...
the MC is still suffering from PTSD, no wonder he's still unsure about such partnership even if it is with Kindra.

Reactions: JillybeanEnjoyer

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
There are a few reasons. One is he's just coming out of being an emotional wreck. Adding stress from running a company, or even worrying about it while someone else runs it, might be too much for him. Also a lot of people just don't have the desire to be the boss. They like doing what they are doing and having to take on the responsibility for other people's welfare just isn't something they want to do. He's a gifted programmer and loves doing that, so Kindra gives him the opportunity to do what he loves and not be encumbered with what he doesn't like doing. Kindra is grateful to him and generous enough to offer him equity but that's not what he wants. Financially it doesn't make a lot of sense (though he's likely to not be hurting for money the rest of his life with his talent and ability) but he's going with what feels best for him at the time.

Reactions: JillybeanEnjoyer

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The game drags on dumping on MC as this suicidal amoeba tugging on the big fishes for a chance to hitch a ride on their good fortune.

Cass is a man eater, always was, always is - she eats them up and spits them the other way, all chewed up and gross - MC ready to jump off the bridge and that lunatic son of the company associate who becomes the tool for blackmail for his father - a scape goat for Cass to discard once he was useless for ther corporate ambition and his dad discadrds him in this latest episode as a dumb henchman who delivers the goods and parts with them empty handed - no guts, no glory, no recognition for doing his dad dirty work.

Kendra is also a regular in the eyes of the aristocratic power brokers she has been rubbing shoulders with all her life - so much for all her self pity and doubts, she is at home with the worst of them.

The power dinamic when they were little was obvious - Kinder girl was a small fish in the big frying pen where MC and Cass were valedictorian and ball queen.

MC was running their little projects with her parents footing the build of the actual pup, because we can clearly see in the flash backs - Kinder did not build the robo dog, her parents giftet her the tools for her winning science project, like any good intentions loaded parents would for their kid.

MC is not a team player and is a worse employee even as he keeps oversleeping, leaving both his bethrothed Kinder and Ju Ju in the middle of the storm with his lacking mechanical skills - looks like his ma working like crazy in the garrage to make sure she was on top of her motor vehicle needs did not rub off on MC at all. Shocker!

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
As much as I would like to agree with you, there are things that are more difficult to accept after severe trauma due to the past... In reality, there are many who, due to a setup or betrayal, suffer both men and women... put yourself in that place Mc, you partially created the project yourself and your partner fucked you hard? There is a famous phrase: “Fear your friends and not your enemies, because your friends will betray you.” Mc needs time and decision and thanks to the good old friends he was close to, as well as new friends, he will be helped to discover new ideas and start a new life.

It’s not easy to fit in and become an owner, when you’re offered this opportunity, it sounds so strong and fast that an old injury begins to stress you out.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Happy new week!

Last week was uneventful. Mostly posing and rendering. I did a bit more asset importing, and setting up a new environment. Someone had a goth phase growing up.
I had question brought up earlier this week on Discord about Artemis' discernment protocol points. They asked if having higher firm points is required for romancing her later in the story. Answer was no, the discernment points are separate from her romance points and only alter specific events in the story. Though, I will say some romance scenes may play out differently depending on those points. Nothing negative at all, but Artemis may suggest things to you when on her path.
I also wanted to remind everyone that I considered your feedback regarding the discernment protocol choices from CH5. I'm crafting better scenarios so the choices won't make you feel like you're punishing her too hard or coming off too mean when interacting with Artemis and her discernment protocol.
That wraps it up for last week. Thank you everyone and please be safe!

- digi.B

ps - I'll have the links for shirts ready next week.

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022

Overview:
You were on your way to living the lush life as a gifted software engineer, working for the most prestigious tech giant, until the last person you thought would betray you takes it all away. After three years of recovering from the emotional trauma, you are ready to stand back on your feet and re-enter the world in pursuit of a functional life. Your newfound resilience is put to the test as you are hit with several unfortunate events. But not all is unfortunate as you rekindle an old friendship that has a proposition that leaves you hesitant.

[....]

View attachment 3411193 View attachment 3411194 View attachment 3411195 View attachment 3411196 View attachment 3411197 View attachment 3411198 View attachment 3411199 View attachment 3411200 View attachment 3411201 View attachment 3411202 View attachment 3411203 View attachment 3411204 View attachment 3411205 View attachment 3411206 View attachment 3411207 View attachment 3411208 View attachment 3411209 View attachment 3411210 View attachment 3411211 View attachment 3411212 View attachment 3411213 View attachment 3411214 View attachment 3411215 View attachment 3411216 View attachment 3411217 View attachment 3411218 View attachment 3411219 View attachment 3411220 View attachment 3411221 View attachment 3411222 View attachment 3411223 View attachment 3411224 View attachment 3411225 View attachment 3411226 View attachment 3411227 View attachment 3411228 View attachment 3411229 View attachment 3411230
The GOAT finally updated the OP previews. He cooked so hard!!!

Mr_Sel

Mar 16, 2018
In many countries it's far easier to screw over a partner than the employee. Employees are often protected by the law and don't really care about much if they receive regular paycheck.

4.80 star(s) 378 Votes