SGrimmer

Aug 12, 2016
i would still recommend doing a clean install. Pre-patched have something messed up in installation order so it does not show correct version on menu screen. can be problematic down the line with append content. but up to you if you want to roll with it.
Properly installed looks like this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ah, yeah I had the 1.0 thing too and none of my UI was translated properly (used clearly MTL terms). Guess I'll download the two torrents and do it manually.

Heissar

Apr 16, 2018
Ah, yeah I had the 1.0 thing too and none of my UI was translated properly (used clearly MTL terms). Guess I'll download the two torrents and do it manually.
Just did that myself. Now title screen properly says "version 2", as in the recent screenshot here in the thread, the one that was showing how is it supposed to look... the only difference is that the upper splat-background is still red in my case, while on the screenie it's blue.

SGrimmer

Aug 12, 2016
Yeah, just got done doing it and I'm willing to chalk up the remaining differences to minor ones not to worry about, though it is weird that the logo looks different (I have the same red one, not the blue). UI is now translated properly and I'm expecting certain menu boxes will no longer be MTL'd (e.g. level up button and description), but we'll see.

Weird having to download Daemon Tools again, and I hope I chose the correct option when installing the game.

alex_andre

Apr 28, 2019
I've managed to use CE on this game with a framework from Gniarf, but i've made it using the pre patched version with AGE patch.exe to open the game, idk if it will work for other ways but here its is anyway.
How to make it work: attach process to AGE.exe, click on the square to active get crypto key, if the money pointer show your BP then its working and you may use the value type AGE Engine encrypted int to look for all your values, if it does not show your BP then its not working.

If you would like to try to make it work (if mine does not work for you) here you may find a way to do so:

Last edited:

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Done with first run through D route. all is good in the world. nw time for a break b4 rerunning for A route.

Acropolis

Sep 15, 2022
Found a pre-installed version . Seems to have all patches/appends good to go, just run the AGE.exe

Someone

Jun 3, 2017
There is an annoying bug in this game. Once in a while i cannot place cards on the board anymore. The only way to progress the battle is to select "auto". When this happen the text from the window, where there is the options for fullscreen and stuff disappear.

Vakalo

Modder
Mar 5, 2021
Found a pre-installed version here. Seems to have all patches/appends good to go, just run the AGE.exe
This version has the same problem all the preinstalled versions before it have.
An error will pop up every 5mins or so about files being corrupt, you can still click yes to continue playing but it's an annoyance.

From the Eushully Discord:

Getting random error in japanese (that says the game is corrupted) but it's closable when you press Yes.
The game detects that it hasn't been actually installed, but the files have been manually extracted from installator. To avoid this, use "AGE_Patch.exe" (and it's additional .dlls) to avoid the error. This will however cause another (minor) following issue.
Using the AGE_Patch will not fix the error, at least not on my end, it'll still pop up every 5mins or so.

The only way to prevent this problem at the moment seems to do an actual installation of the original JP games with all the appends, then apply the translation patch.

Reactions: Acropolis

Acropolis

Sep 15, 2022
This version has the same problem all the preinstalled versions before it have.
An error will pop up every 5mins or so about files being corrupt, you can still click yes to continue playing but it's an annoyance.

From the Eushully Discord:

Using the AGE_Patch will not fix the error, at least not on my end, it'll still pop up every 5mins or so.

The only way to prevent this problem at the moment seems to do an actual installation of the original JP games with all the appends, then apply the translation patch.
Oof, yeah I was hoping the AGE patch would work with this one, since it's worked for me with other Eushully games. But you're right, that damned message still pops up with this game. Fresh install it is then.

mickymouse

May 1, 2017
I compared the difference between the preinstalled and manual install, and zipped up the 4 different files.

these two are not included.
AGE.EXE.le.config is from locale emulator
so004.AGF is an unmodified image

i included a registry export for those that might want that.

the preinstall had several files only it had, i guess they are from locale emulator, age error patch or the interface files

Can someone who manually installed confirm they have any of $4$TALENTACT.BIN, ARENAINFO.BIN, CONFIG2.BIN, MUINIT.BIN and UNITINFO.BIN in their game folder?
diff.png

KeithRichards

Nov 29, 2020
Hope someone can figure out and get a fix for the error screen popping up. I can see some are trying but nothing yet. Will keep an eye on this thread though.

Depravity

Jun 6, 2021
for the first part - that is exactly why i am saying that using "Edited MTL"on this is incorrect as you'll need to use the same tag on 95% of fan translated and even some proffessional stuff.
It's even more misleading to call it MTL since that generally means "raw MTL" and as someone who's thoroughly worked with it, the difference between even a half-decent edited MTL and raw MTL is stark.

As for the line stuff, first of all, your examples didn't post properly it seems. However, the ultimate point is there are line limits and outside of reprogramming them in some way, it's not going to be easy for a fan translator in particular to work around them, so they must adhere to them. Developing the brevity necessary for lines to fit sometimes requires a significant amount of experience beyond what is expected of someone highly proficient with a language.

Arterial was supposedly 2x59 (though I suspect it's more like 2x60, 2x56, or 2x64, since Japanese characters take up 2 characters each). This can be quite limiting and it's easy to go over the limit on accident anyway. The writing of the game is also a huge factor to consider too, since Labyrinth Meister makes more use of the 3x50 character limit, which makes it absurdly hard to fit lines while maintaining good accuracy.

And again, if you think this is an issue and you have evidence of the problem, there is a feedback channel on the Discord to post this sort of stuff to. It helps a lot.

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
As for the line stuff, first of all, your examples didn't post properly it seems.
no it posted properly. it meant that there are short broken lines sometimes. and long unbroken ones.

here - this should make it clear

It's even more misleading to call it MTL
i suggest just calling it a translation. why even bother with MTL when it's not

Depravity

Jun 6, 2021
no it posted properly. it meant that there are short broken lines sometimes. and long unbroken ones.

here - this should make it clear
This is an example of that "Japanese characters = 2 char" quirk that I mentioned before. The first line uses a weird ellipse and I'm actually not sure how many characters it takes up, so it's possible that the 59 limit was exceeded (though the limit visually appears to be 58 here).

Just because lines look longer than others but fit doesn't mean they're actually longer in terms of true length, which can lead to issues like this.

Either way, it's best to directly report this sort of thing. It can help provide insight on how to handle line limits.
i suggest just calling it a translation. why even bother with MTL when it's not
I disagree. Some people did wonder why I mentioned MTL at all when I posted my TL patch but I believe transparency is an important part of working on and releasing a fan translation, even if it may cause a little confusion. Also, it was a more uncertain time where being deceptive seemed like a generally bad idea. It seems Redbeard also agrees.

SGrimmer

Aug 12, 2016
The school boss is so absurdly rigged against you that I just went ahead and used the cheat engine table linked above, because fuck that.

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes