ShadowxHit

Oct 8, 2017
I need help with the whole windows 10 lag issue. Whenever I interact with someone the fps goes to like 1-2 fps.

I tried replacing d3d9.dll that people keep mentioning but when I do use another or older file, it doesn't open the game at all and creates a crashdump file :s.

would greatly appreciate if anyone can help me out on this

Yel213

Jul 19, 2018
I need help with the whole windows 10 lag issue. Whenever I interact with someone the fps goes to like 1-2 fps.

I tried replacing d3d9.dll that people keep mentioning but when I do use another or older file, it doesn't open the game at all and creates a crashdump file :s.

would greatly appreciate if anyone can help me out on this
Download AAunlimited, it has a win10 fix

snoozert

Nov 19, 2018
Does anyone have a mirror to JG2Importer? Does it still work? The HF site is down can't find a mirror.

frok33

May 21, 2019
Tried following faq. So I just drop the dx9 file in the game folder? I tried few places doesn't seem to help with optimization. Only thing stopping me from playing is getting a good fix for the poor optimization. hardware can handle just game runs poorly.

IceSodaFreak

May 31, 2018
Hi, Frok, installing AA2 Mini is much easier, like somebody said a few months ago. Then just tick Win 10 fix in Scripts tag

The mods you want, you just choose 1 uncensor and 1 clothes for example, so your folder looks like this

View attachment 499567

and other mods like 3d rooms are activated with a ! at the start of the name, like this

View attachment 499570

I also think there should be a thread for AA2 Mini. If a nice moderator will allow it. (y)
There already is something for the mini, but it is under the label mod

• Wow
Reactions: Cul

Arde645

Apr 30, 2018
Just wondering, but does anyone need Ahrie's AA2 "Trainer"? I happened to still have V2.0.0.30 on my system when HF went down and boy am I glad I never accidentally deleted it. Though I guess you could technically just try to find it on WBM to get it if you want it.

It's basically an "in-game" (if you count having another window open as that, but a second monitor offsets this) always-on jinzou statue that allows you to change student characteristics/looks and actions on-the-fly. Also lets you keep an exceedingly close eye on on the going-ons of your students if you have "Big Brother" tendencies.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it so far, but none of my searches have turned up anything yet. Not even sure if I should even make a thread for it since it's not mine.

Last edited:

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
every time I start the editor it gets a white screen and when trying to create a character the screen closes.
And the game gets a white screen and does not start.
I've tried AAUnlimited to remove the location restriction, but the game doesn't start. Does anyone know the reason?

pesinafe

Jan 6, 2018
Is there a mod or tool out there which lets you prevent h-compatibility from decreasing? Kinda annoying being limited to the most basic positions if you have more than one or two regular partners. You can set h-compatibility to 999 using ReiEdit before the day begins, but that doesn't stop it from decaying within the day itself and dropping back down to 1 after a period or two...

Arde645

Apr 30, 2018
Is there a mod or tool out there which lets you prevent h-compatibility from decreasing? Kinda annoying being limited to the most basic positions if you have more than one or two regular partners. You can set h-compatibility to 999 using ReiEdit before the day begins, but that doesn't stop it from decaying within the day itself and dropping back down to 1 after a period or two...
One option is the trainer I mentioned a few posts up. The post in question.

It requires that the game have it's registry set though. If you have any sense at all you won't run a RegEdit that anyone uploads online, so I'll just tell you what to put in one to make it work. Yes, this makes it work with AA2Mini even if you have the "fakereg" option enabled so long as you change the "X:\\InstallLocation" to where ever you have the game.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\illusion\AA2Play]
"INSTALLDIR"="X:\\InstallLocation"
"PRODUCTNAME"="ジンコウガクエン2"
"VERSION"=dword:00000064

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\illusion\AA2Edit]
"INSTALLDIR"="X:\\InstallLocation"
"PRODUCTNAME"="ジンコウガクエン2 きゃらめいく"
"VERSION"=dword:00000064
EDIT: Uploaded just the readme in case you wanted to check out all the features first before going through the trouble.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

pesinafe

Jan 6, 2018
One option is the trainer I mentioned a few posts up.
Thanks for this! Saw your post, was just wondering if there was a mod that did not require having to change character stats every so often. The trainer seems to be the best option so far though, so I am grateful.

Just a question: will it work even if I'm not using AA2Mini? I'm using the installation provided in the OP, plus AA2Unlimited. I imagine the trainer will work, but just wanna make sure, thanks.

EDIT: The game already had its registry entry set, so I didn't need to go through that anymore. However, whenever I try to use the trainer, the game's visuals freeze up. Was able to move my mouse and click an option from the main menu, and it made the "select" sound and all, but the visuals were stuck on the main menu screen with the cursor locked in place. Will try fiddling with it a bit more, but thanks anyway even if I can't get it to work.

Last edited:

Arde645

Apr 30, 2018
Thanks for this! Saw your post, was just wondering if there was a mod that did not require having to change character stats every so often. The trainer seems to be the best option so far though, so I am grateful.

Just a question: will it work even if I'm not using AA2Mini? I'm using the installation provided in the OP, plus AA2Unlimited. I imagine the trainer will work, but just wanna make sure, thanks.

EDIT: The game already had its registry entry set, so I didn't need to go through that anymore. However, whenever I try to use the trainer, the game's visuals freeze up. Was able to move my mouse and click an option from the main menu, and it made the "select" sound and all, but the visuals were stuck on the main menu screen with the cursor locked in place. Will try fiddling with it a bit more, but thanks anyway even if I can't get it to work.
The trainer's pretty poorly optimized, so I usually go at it like this to make sure nothing freezes up:
  1. Open trainer, preferably in it's own monitor.
  2. Open game, preferably in windowed mode if trainer not in it's own monitor.
  3. Give the trainer a few seconds to properly "boot-up" after detecting the game. Keep an eye on it's loading bar, it'll tell you when it's ready!
  4. Load your class.
  5. Give the trainer a few seconds to detect the class before selecting the "Open Class" button on the trainer's loading bar.
  6. You're good to go.
EDIT: Also yes, it works on a "base" install as well (since it was originally designed for it), if a bit slower.

Reactions: pesinafe

pesinafe

Jan 6, 2018
The trainer's pretty poorly optimized, so I usually go at it like this to make sure nothing freezes up:
Thanks! Was able to get it to work before I saw your reply. Just had to turn off UAC, as advised in the readme. It seems to let you freeze relationship values but not h-compatibility, which is a shame, but it still seems like it will be useful. Thanks again!

Reactions: Arde645

Arde645

Apr 30, 2018
Thanks! Was able to get it to work before I saw your reply. Just had to turn off UAC, as advised in the readme. It seems to let you freeze relationship values but not h-compatibility, which is a shame, but it still seems like it will be useful. Thanks again!
It does let you set the H-Compatibility in real-time though, so you can just click out and give it a quick check before changing it if it needs changing before an H-scene.

Reactions: pesinafe

nevermind25

Jan 11, 2018
i think this game was the closest illusion ever got to a really good game. expect for the fact that i haven't played the games that came out before this one. i did play all that came after though. for people simply looking for a quick fap, of course, the newer stuff, except for the atrocious "ai girl", is a blessing due to nice graphics and big variety of animations. but this game offered the freedom of messing around with characters so much that you could actually end up having a complex relationship throughout the whole class that was always dynamic, and there was a lot of fun in that aspect. also the mod support was tremendous, i don't think the later illusion games were as heavily modded as this one, it was not just some costumes and animations, people were writing new scrips, adding new gameplay mechanics that were fun to play around with, or giving you more freedom in your actions, it's just that because of all the variety of mods it's very difficult to get tired of this game. it had only one problem - bad graphics and optimization, and one flaw - the relationship system wasn't complex enough and diverse enough. to my mind, a sequel to this game would have needed to do just one thing - create a true rp system with more complex dialogue and dynamic character traits - and it would have been an absolute blast. sadly though, we will never get this, because every year illusion demonstrates ever prominently that it will never learn game design basics (aka - how to make a game FUN (i'm looking at you, "ai girl")) and how to put more effort that needed for jap otakus to mass buy another release every year. they focus in all their recent games on story modes, and even those that are supposedly not a VN with hentai intersections, they also have "optional" stories. so okay, they decided to go full on VN with most of their games, but they have an ATROCIOUS writing. of course, hentai isn't commonly known for "good writing", but how do they even bother if it's outright boring??

blabbolo

Mar 18, 2019
i think this game was the closest illusion ever got to a really good game. expect for the fact that i haven't played the games that came out before this one. i did play all that came after though. for people simply looking for a quick fap, of course, the newer stuff, except for the atrocious "ai girl", is a blessing due to nice graphics and big variety of animations. but this game offered the freedom of messing around with characters so much that you could actually end up having a complex relationship throughout the whole class that was always dynamic, and there was a lot of fun in that aspect. also the mod support was tremendous, i don't think the later illusion games were as heavily modded as this one, it was not just some costumes and animations, people were writing new scrips, adding new gameplay mechanics that were fun to play around with, or giving you more freedom in your actions, it's just that because of all the variety of mods it's very difficult to get tired of this game. it had only one problem - bad graphics and optimization, and one flaw - the relationship system wasn't complex enough and diverse enough. to my mind, a sequel to this game would have needed to do just one thing - create a true rp system with more complex dialogue and dynamic character traits - and it would have been an absolute blast. sadly though, we will never get this, because every year illusion demonstrates ever prominently that it will never learn game design basics (aka - how to make a game FUN (i'm looking at you, "ai girl")) and how to put more effort that needed for jap otakus to mass buy another release every year. they focus in all their recent games on story modes, and even those that are supposedly not a VN with hentai intersections, they also have "optional" stories. so okay, they decided to go full on VN with most of their games, but they have an ATROCIOUS writing. of course, hentai isn't commonly known for "good writing", but how do they even bother if it's outright boring??
Damm, i had hopes for Ai girl, is it really that bad?

Feb 20, 2019
For me, there's one thing that makes AA2 superior to Koikatsu....you can play as a girl. Also in Koikatsu you're stuck being the top in the sex scenes and can't be a bottom (or sub).

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes