1337P373

Jun 13, 2017
Uhh, so what EXACTLY does this mean? You can save characters, save clothing, edit characters, etc. But it won't read or write class saves?
Yep, exactly what you said, but I just fixed it by changing the wine version that lutris is using from native lutris to proton experimental. It's weird that proton wouldn't work for me in steam and lutris wouldn't work for me in lutris, but proton works in lutris. Linux is fun.

Reactions: JustAl

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
There's some kind of a "bug" in vanilla wine that prevents it from interacting with files that do not correspond to system locale. I don't know much about it, but apparently it is fine in Wine-GE... and also Proton experimental, according to your experience.

Vanilla wine has always been bad with AA2.

Reactions: JustAl

MarcusOplan

Dec 28, 2022
On previous pages futa was discussed. The Modern Install Guide has hints on it. Part of the work done is configuring Japanese More Cum Positions (JMCP) towards being configured for futas. Another part is body mesh overrides. Check back on this thread a handful of pages, read the Modern Install Guide carefully, and check for a bunch of Mega repositories that contain a bunch of mixed content, including futa and traps (check comments on the right of the links to help aim towards your wanted content).
I'm stupid so I couldn't even do it with your explanation, I could make a tutorial for disintelligent people (me) XP

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
I'm stupid so I couldn't even do it with your explanation, I could make a tutorial for disintelligent people (me) XP
Bear with me, what follows can be confusing since there's documentation to read and confusingly nested archives (particularly in JMCP). I don't use futa content but I'll try to assemble a reasonable path for you to get started.

1. Follow to the PPeX files section. You'll find .

2. Read and follow but do not yet add files to your game yet, that's step 5. Find and download JapaneseMCPv25.1v2.7z. It's a bit tricky to sort out the extra file content, so read the txt files carefully. Note that when you install shadowsets (folders with a leading "!"), they will conflict if any file within their folder directories is named exactly the same as another file within the same folder tree placement (directory) of another shadowset. In short, this means for mods like JMCP that come with multiple shadowset options, only have 1 enabled. You do that by only installing 1 !shadowset folder or adding all of them but having only 1 !shadowset and the rest as shadowset without a leading "!".

3. Now that we're past one tricky part, note the sets_Open_futa_in_all_positions.7z archive nested in the "sets" folder of the main JMCP archive. Note there is yet another nested option in a folder called When using male_ejaculation_SE_mod&futa.

4. You still haven't installed anything, you've just been following the file content. Next, download . There's a readme and a character template you can use. Its readme contains a link , opening to the page about Archive Overrides which is crucial to how futa characters are made.

5. Now that you've read this all, pick your JMCP version. You'll go with the !shadowsets in the sets_Open_futa_in_all_positions.7z archive's root, unless you want submissive males / trap content, then a readme you found on the way to that will probably have told you to go with the male_ejaculation_SE_mod and its accompanying readme.

6. Check out and install the modules (think of them as super-traits) from . There's a couple modules for futa here, one which adds more functionality and one which just makes characters prefer futas (characters with first mentioned module).

It's not very intuitive to follow AA2's content as it is spread across a variety of users. Hopefully this will help you get started with the futa content you seek. Somewhat relevant, check out somethingpersonal's recent post about homo content for a helpful relevant Mega link.

Last edited:

MarcusOplan

Dec 28, 2022
Bear with me, what follows can be confusing since there's documentation to read and confusingly nested archives (particularly in JMCP). I don't use futa content but I'll try to assemble a reasonable path for you to get started.

1. Follow to the PPeX files section. You'll find .

2. Read and follow but do not yet add files to your game yet, that's step 5. Find and download JapaneseMCPv25.1v2.7z. It's a bit tricky to sort out the extra file content, so read the txt files carefully. Note that when you install shadowsets (folders with a leading "!"), they will conflict if any file within their folder directories is named exactly the same as another file within the same folder tree placement (directory) of another shadowset. In short, this means for mods like JMCP that come with multiple shadowset options, only have 1 enabled. You do that by only installing 1 !shadowset folder or adding all of them but having only 1 !shadowset and the rest as shadowset without a leading "!".

3. Now that we're past one tricky part, note the sets_Open_futa_in_all_positions.7z archive nested in the "sets" folder of the main JMCP archive. Note there is yet another nested option in a folder called When using male_ejaculation_SE_mod&futa.

4. You still haven't installed anything, you've just been following the file content. Next, download the Futa Starter Pack. There's a readme and a character template you can use. Its readme contains a link , opening to the page about Archive Overrides which is crucial to how futa characters are made.

5. Now that you've read this all, pick your JMCP version. You'll go with the !shadowsets in the sets_Open_futa_in_all_positions.7z archive's root, unless you want submissive males / trap content, then a readme you found on the way to that will probably have told you to go with the male_ejaculation_SE_mod and its accompanying readme.

6. Check out and install the modules (think of them as super-traits) from . There's a couple modules for futa here, one which adds more functionality and one which just makes characters prefer futas (characters with first mentioned module).

It's not very intuitive to follow AA2's content as it is spread across a variety of users. Hopefully this will help you get started with the futa content you seek. Somewhat relevant, check out somethingpersonal's recent post about homo content for a helpful relevant Mega link.
I GOT MY ONE DIGIT IQ! I LOVE YOU ANON, NO HOMO, I FUCKING LOVE YOU, I did it :DDDDD
(I think, maybe I made a mistake, but it must be making mistakes flossing the whole file with this, I didn't understand, really, English is not my first language and it was difficult to understand, thank you very much for spending this time making this tutorial S2)

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
I GOT MY ONE DIGIT IQ! I LOVE YOU ANON, NO HOMO, I FUCKING LOVE YOU, I did it :DDDDD
(I think, maybe I made a mistake, but it must be making mistakes flossing the whole file with this, I didn't understand, really, English is not my first language and it was difficult to understand, thank you very much for spending this time making this tutorial S2)
My advice is really go through the entire Modern Install Guide, though leave JMCP for last (that's what I did). Once you know for sure your game works then you can add futa content and JMCP since they're finicky with enough options that you could suddenly break something and not know why. Then you undo the last step you made where the mistake happened and you're fine. Good luck!

MarcusOplan

Dec 28, 2022
My advice is really go through the entire Modern Install Guide, though leave JMCP for last (that's what I did). Once you know for sure your game works then you can add futa content and JMCP since they're finicky with enough options that you could suddenly break something and not know why. Then you undo the last step you made where the mistake happened and you're fine. Good luck!
HELP, AGAIN, if you want of course, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself in that I did something right it gave error address 0x00FECE38 CODE 0xC00000005 ;-;

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
HELP, AGAIN, if you want of course, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself in that I did something right it gave error address 0x00FECE38 CODE 0xC00000005 ;-;
Sounds like a memory access violation, as discussed here. Make sure you have the prerequisite Microsoft redistributables installed. Installing AA2 completely could take multiple evenings. The guide and care required are that significant.

Reactions: MarcusOplan

MarcusOplan

Dec 28, 2022
Sounds like a memory access violation, as discussed here. Make sure you have the prerequisite Microsoft redistributables installed. Installing AA2 completely could take multiple evenings. The guide and care required are that significant.
BRUM, I discovered the error, it's not the one mentioned, it was during intercourse that this happened (I first tested any female character with a futa and then I would test a male with a futa), there can be submissive men, femboys, playing with a variety of characters It's interesting sometimes, I don't know exactly what to do to install JapaneseMCP, I discovered that I installed the right futa start pack, but the rest I did completely wrong, in the read it says a LUA file and I didn't find the file, then it says 23_JapaneseMCP_v25.1v2.ppx and others, and well, I don't know what to do now, I'm confused, but I know I'm asking you for a lot of explanations and I'm sorry if I'm irritating you with this XP

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
BRUM, I discovered the error, it's not the one mentioned, it was during intercourse that this happened (I first tested any female character with a futa and then I would test a male with a futa), there can be submissive men, femboys, playing with a variety of characters It's interesting sometimes, I don't know exactly what to do to install JapaneseMCP, I discovered that I installed the right futa start pack, but the rest I did completely wrong, in the read it says a LUA file and I didn't find the file, then it says 23_JapaneseMCP_v25.1v2.ppx and others, and well, I don't know what to do now, I'm confused, but I know I'm asking you for a lot of explanations and I'm sorry if I'm irritating you with this XP
You're diving into territory I'm not familiar with since I didn't try to configure my AA2 install for futa / trap content. What is clear is that it happened during intercourse which sounds like a problem either with JMCP or an override model being corrupted (which could have come from the template card being corrupted if the model was packed in). I more suspect it's JMCP. I don't have any strategy to suggest on resolving your issue at this moment.

Which readme mentioned the LUA file?

MarcusOplan

Dec 28, 2022
You're diving into territory I'm not familiar with since I didn't try to configure my AA2 install for futa / trap content. What is clear is that it happened during intercourse which sounds like a problem either with JMCP or an override model being corrupted (which could have come from the template card being corrupted if the model was packed in). I more suspect it's JMCP. I don't have any strategy to suggest on resolving your issue at this moment.

Which readme mentioned the LUA file?
Hey, sorry, and it's okay, you helped me a lot! I'm even understanding things better, in the JapaneseMCPv25.1v2.7z file, there is a text file called "ReadMe_v25.1v2" one of the first things is something like "AA Unlimited version 1.8.0 or higher is required for v25 or later (Thank you for the difficult work)
And put the attached JMCP.lua in AA Unlimites / mod", but the LUA file is nowhere just what I found was "23_JapaneseMCP_v25.1v2.ppx" and "01_JMCP_male_SE2_v2.ppx", not the file, Lua, But thanks for helping me this far, bro! :)

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
MarcusOplan, I see that file is indeed missing though from the notes I made while proceeding through installing I did make an interpretation for what that line in the readme meant.
AA Unlimited version 1.8.0 or higher is required for v25 or later (Thank you for the difficult work)
And put the attached JMCP.lua in AA Unlimite[d] / mod
This is referring to older versions of the mod and install process, which are no longer reflected in the newest build -- there is no .lua file (script) to install. The newest AAU-AA2 uses .ppx format instead of .pp2 format, so I assume at some point a lua script was required.

What could resolve your issue is to reset JMCP in savedconfig.lua, which is a procedurally generated config that you can then make edits within to change content parameters. However when you add new mod content, it might not reflect in this config properly. I wrote the following note down:
NOTE: Every time mods change I should visit AAUnlimited/savedconfig.lua and delete the "mods" line to refresh the loaded mods. (Hold Shift and use the End button to select it all.)
The reason you need to do this is because savedconfig.lua will continue to hold outdated information about previously installed mods, options, and save files. You will select the entire line starting with the word "mods", down to the end of this line, then delete it. You should backspace until there's no gap between repl_history={[1]="",} and bUseShadowing=true. When you run AA2Play.exe that line will be completely remade. This could fix your issue.

Note that if you elect to use JapaneseMCP_male_ejaculation_SE_mod_ver4.4 included in JapaneseMCPv25.1v2, you'll need to use the merged futa and male ejaculation shadowsets from JapaneseMCPv25.1v2/sets/When using male_ejaculation_SE_mod and the voice patch in that last directory from the archive !male_ejaculation_SE_jmcp_patch_v25.1.7z.

I can't fault you for finding this hard to follow because going for this extra content is a maze.

Reactions: MarcusOplan

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Would anyone be interested in an actual guide/tutorial for this game? Since its almost the weekend, i have more time than i need, so i could sit down and write up the mechanics, functions and such that govern this game? Obviously, people more knowledgeable than me will be free to point out my mistakes, if any.

"Yay"? "Fuck off"?

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Would anyone be interested in an actual guide/tutorial for this game? [...] mechanics, functions and such that govern this game? [...]
That seems nice. Even if we learn how to run the game and know how to play, hardly anyone has actually experimented with NPC responses and conditions for events when NPCs approach the player. I do suggest you check the Discord server before you start and check the server pins, just to ensure someone else did not already do that.

Reactions: Monosomething

MarcusOplan

Dec 28, 2022
MarcusOplan, I see that file is indeed missing though from the notes I made while proceeding through installing I did make an interpretation for what that line in the readme meant.

This is referring to older versions of the mod and install process, which are no longer reflected in the newest build -- there is no .lua file (script) to install. The newest AAU-AA2 uses .ppx format instead of .pp2 format, so I assume at some point a lua script was required.

What could resolve your issue is to reset JMCP in savedconfig.lua, which is a procedurally generated config that you can then make edits within to change content parameters. However when you add new mod content, it might not reflect in this config properly. I wrote the following note down:

The reason you need to do this is because savedconfig.lua will continue to hold outdated information about previously installed mods, options, and save files. You will select the entire line starting with the word "mods", down to the end of this line, then delete it. You should backspace until there's no gap between repl_history={[1]="",} and bUseShadowing=true. When you run AA2Play.exe that line will be completely remade. This could fix your issue.

Note that if you elect to use JapaneseMCP_male_ejaculation_SE_mod_ver4.4 included in JapaneseMCPv25.1v2, you'll need to use the merged futa and male ejaculation shadowsets from JapaneseMCPv25.1v2/sets/When using male_ejaculation_SE_mod and the voice patch in that last directory from the archive !male_ejaculation_SE_jmcp_patch_v25.1.7z.

I can't fault you for finding this hard to follow because going for this extra content is a maze.
Ok, I discovered that I'm so stupid that I spent a whole day trying to figure out what I was supposed to do and in the end I discovered that even by drawing I won't fully understand how to do it, I don't know whether to laugh, cry or go to the gym and cry because I don't have futa content in the game

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
That seems nice. Even if we learn how to run the game and know how to play, hardly anyone has actually experimented with NPC responses and conditions for events when NPCs approach the player. I do suggest you check the Discord server before you start and check the server pins, just to ensure someone else did not already do that.
Bah. Im too old for discord, and besides, i dont really care if the information will repeat itself with some other source (not word for word, of course, im not a fan of plagiarism). Im just trying to find some silly picture for a thumbnail and i will (lazily) get on it over the weekend. Should be ready by sunday evening. I will try to limit myself to actually describing what the interaction buttons do. some mechanical stuff revolving about LLDH and NPC reasons and responses. You know more about the insides of this game than i ever will - the whole reason im even bothering with this, is that the wiki is outdated and/or full of crap in many descriptions of interactions. This being the whole reason for me even wanting to cover this topic.

Will post the "guide" soon.

1337P373

Jun 13, 2017
Let's say, hypothetically, someone disabled the launcher script in the launcher menu to see what would happen. How would this very hypothetical person re-enable the launcher? I assume there is a config file somewhere right? I can't... I mean this hypothetical person can't seem to find it.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
1337P373 That person could - hypothetically, of course - find "savedconfig.lua" in AAUnlimited folder, search for , and change that part back from "["disabled"]=true" to "["disabled"]=false". Hypothetically, that might re-enable the launcher.

Koma1105

Apr 10, 2023
Olá pessoal, queria saber se alguém ainda joga Artificial Academy 2? pois queria saber como baixar mods nele, já tentei de tudo, mas não funciona, já vi vídeos e tal, mas os vídeos são de muito tempo atrás e não está ajudando em nada

1337P373

Jun 13, 2017
1337P373 That person could - hypothetically, of course - find "savedconfig.lua" in AAUnlimited folder, search for , and change that part back from "["disabled"]=true" to "["disabled"]=false". Hypothetically, that might re-enable the launcher.
Thank you! For some reason this guy saw that and assumed it was configuring the saves, not for saving the configuration, what an idiot right? Again totally not me but some other totally hypothetical, and still very dumb, idiot.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes