Fans_Fun

Jul 12, 2020
Michealstj Plenty of possibilities: you could have a bunch of characters with detailed textures/meshes, you could have a weak PC, you could have forgotten to enable win10fix in Scripts, you could have simply not bothered with default graphics settings. Plus, the game itself is far from ideal when it comes to performance.
I am also having serious issues with framerate every time I try to engage with another character. I'm running all default models, on a basically empty computer with tons of VRAM and a 3080, on Win11. Any fix ideas? When I enabled the win10fix, the game crashed on start.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Fans_Fun I am twice as useless as not only do I use Win10, I also have no idea how the win10fix script actually works. Maybe someone with Win11 can help you. Personally, though, I would check the AAU Github issues to see whether anybody ever asked about Win11 compatibility, and if not, go to AAU Discord and ask the people there about said compatibility AND whether win10fix does anything at all for Win11 systems, just to know for sure.

Since you cannot run the game with the fix enabled, I lean heavily on the assumption that atrocious (talking about down-to-single-digits, not oh-no-I-lost-5-FPS) framerate is a result of that: you need that fix.

The only thing I could probably suggest testing is: one, if you have things like Software Vortex Processing enabled in the - disable it, see what difference that makes (if any; the on-hover tip itself says "drops FPS", after all); and two, go to win10fix settings and test all three d3d9 variants. Maybe the game launches with one of those. If not - disable win10fix and enable wined3d instead. Seeing how you have an NVIDIA card, I would try wined3d option first - the AA2 wiki seems to indicate there are some issues with NVIDIA GPUs (or, considering how long ago the FAQ there was written, possibly "there WERE issues, not anymore").

jonnsmith156

Jun 2, 2017
I have gay sex turned on on the launcher but still cant get any of the dudes to do anything with me? is there anything else i need to do

Fans_Fun

Jul 12, 2020
Fans_Fun I am twice as useless as not only do I use Win10, I also have no idea how the win10fix script actually works. Maybe someone with Win11 can help you. Personally, though, I would check the AAU Github issues to see whether anybody ever asked about Win11 compatibility, and if not, go to AAU Discord and ask the people there about said compatibility AND whether win10fix does anything at all for Win11 systems, just to know for sure.

Since you cannot run the game with the fix enabled, I lean heavily on the assumption that atrocious (talking about down-to-single-digits, not oh-no-I-lost-5-FPS) framerate is a result of that: you need that fix.

The only thing I could probably suggest testing is: one, if you have things like Software Vortex Processing enabled in the - disable it, see what difference that makes (if any; the on-hover tip itself says "drops FPS", after all); and two, go to win10fix settings and test all three d3d9 variants. Maybe the game launches with one of those. If not - disable win10fix and enable wined3d instead. Seeing how you have an NVIDIA card, I would try wined3d option first - the AA2 wiki seems to indicate there are some issues with NVIDIA GPUs (or, considering how long ago the FAQ there was written, possibly "there WERE issues, not anymore").
Thanks for the suggestions. I guessed that there might be issues when I launched the editor and was getting framerates under 1 FPS, but figured that was an editor thing. In game, it was maybe getting a solid 3 total. Never knew there were issues with Nvidia or perhaps Win11.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
jonnsmith156 Could be a bunch of things. Could be their gender preference (indicated by the color of the background on the card): for example, red background means the character is 100% heterosexual, same genders cannot gain Love points with them at all. Could be their Virtue: Lowest has a higher-than-0% chance to initiate sex with any [random] applicable partner without any preparations, whilst Highest require working up to lover status AND one sunday date. Could be your relationship with those characters is bad because of whatever: failed interactions, someone else spreading bad rumours about you, and so on.

You can see that there are multiple factors, most of them being a range of values [rather than a binary "yes/no"], and there is no way to blindly tell why an interaction keeps failing. If you just want the sex at the cost of "immersion", though, you can enable "999% chance for interactions" in Additional Settings in-game, which means insta-success as long as the chance is not 0% - in that case, to paraphrase one of in-game hints, there is some fundamental issue that needs to be resolved first (like calming them down if they are mad, cheering up if sad, or once again could be gender preference interfering - things like that).

Fans_Fun

Jul 12, 2020
Putting this out there for all the Win11 users here: according to the AA2U Github stuff, it works exactly the same as on Win10. Which means you do need the Win10fix, but there is a problem with the default d3d9. You want to change that to the dgvoodoo2 I believe it is. Whatever you change it to, just not the original d3d9, because that will crash the game on start.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
:unsure: Tested the three win10fix options myself today with peculiar results: DXVK got rid of all the stuttering for me and kept 60 FPS even in h-scenes (then again, D3D9 being the Internet Explorer of APIs at this point, kinda difficult NOT to beat it). Alas, everything has a price: enabling RTSS overlay crashes the game :cry: Apparently, Vulkan refuses to play nice with RTSS.

Mazoq

Mar 7, 2019
Where did you download that 1.9.1 version? I downloaded mine yesterday from the Workupload Racaty link back in page 1 and my version is 1.5.3.
I also can't launch the game on a resolution higher than 1366 x 768, whenever I try to launch it with anything higher than this it displays an error message in japanese and launches the game in 1366 x 768 anyway.
EDIT: mb, I downloaded it from the Racaty link, not the Workupload one. In case this is revelant.

Last edited:

hollowreaper

May 23, 2018
Where did you download that 1.9.1 version? I downloaded mine yesterday from the Workupload link back in page 1 and my version is 1.5.3.
I also can't launch the game on a resolution higher than 1366 x 768, whenever I try to launch it with anything higher than this it displays an error message in japanese and launches the game in 1366 x 768 anyway.
OP isn't being maintained, use this :

Copy the error, ctrl+c works on error messages, and run it through google translate.

Mazoq

Mar 7, 2019
OP isn't being maintained, use this :
I have just googled "AA2unlimited 1.9.1" and found that same github page, was about to update my reply saying I found it on GitHub when I received your reply, haha! But thanks either way! The problem still persists in the 1.9.1 version, though.

Copy the error, ctrl+c works on error messages, and run it through google translate.
I tried to, but the message doesn't allow me to select its text. I took a screencap of the image and ran it through a "translate text from images" software, and the results were this:

1657831625015.png
I don't know what to make of this. My desktop resolution is 1920 x 1080 and I that message displays if I try to launch it on 1920 x 1080, as well as any resolution higher than 1366 x 768. They also all launch in 1366 x 768 after displaying the message.

I'm at least glad to know that "I can do it". Thanks, IllusionSoft. You guys are so sweet.

hollowreaper

May 23, 2018
I have just googled "AA2unlimited 1.9.1" and found that same github page, was about to update my reply saying I found it on GitHub when I received your reply, haha! But thanks either way! The problem still persists in the 1.9.1 version, though.

I tried to, but the message doesn't allow me to select its text. I took a screencap of the image and ran it through a "translate text from images" software, and the results were this:

View attachment 1925750
I don't know what to make of this. My desktop resolution is 1920 x 1080 and I that message displays if I try to launch it on 1920 x 1080, as well as any resolution higher than 1366 x 768. They also all launch in 1366 x 768 after displaying the message.

I'm at least glad to know that "I can do it". Thanks, IllusionSoft. You guys are so sweet.
I wish I could be a bigger help but I can't think of anything that can cause that issue.

Reactions: Mazoq

dartallis

May 4, 2021
No worries, thanks anyway! Imma figure this out eventually (y)
Do you have any windows scaling settings applied? The settings it's applying almost look like lap top screen resolutions. If you are upscaling your screen it could give that error.

Kaitol

Jul 29, 2017
Got it running with the minipack and latest AAU, but the taskbar is covering up the bottom, is there some kind of setting in an ini somewhere I can change to force it on top, or do I have to tweak the resolution smaller to account for the bar and just live with it?

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes