Znake

Apr 18, 2022
Znake Anderus1984 Difficult to say with exactly zero info. First stop: which AA2Unlimited version do you have? God forbid you downloaded the version linked in OP - AA2Unlimited in it is extremely outdated (1.5.3, I think? With current version being 1.9.1, pretty obvious, eh?). Update if so. Preferrably, just download the game [and the mods 99.9% cards are going to need, anyway] via "Modern Installation Guide" link in Other Sources.

Also, Anderus1984, about the PC switching: no idea here, sorry. Well, plenty of ideas, actually: if I were in your shoes, at this point I would check modules of the whole class for things like "Haunted" or "Skinwalker" (since I never used them and cannot even begin to comprehend how exactly they function) and/or simply hit the AAU Discord and ask there.
i download it from the Modern Installation Guide link which it give you a torrent file to download

dartallis

May 4, 2021
Something really weird happened in my game. For some reason marker of pc card switches itself from my male card that I am playing to the random girl card. It happens when I click "sleep" and then when I see roster before going to school it pc marker is already on girl card. Has anyone encoundered such bug? It is first time I see something like this
That's probably a module's ai. Something like haunted or skinwalker. It's not a bug! It's actually a feature.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
i download it from the Modern Installation Guide link which it give you a torrent file to download
The does say "1.9.1", right?

You mentioned having tried updating AAU. Have you tried the "other side" of this equation, the card? Namely: get the editor to crash on saving a card, then re-create the character and start stripping "parts". Remove all modules from it -> try to save. If it fails - re-create a character with nothing but built-in features (no custom clothes, no custom poses, no "lemme enable every single trait"). The goal is to isolate the problem to a mod/card/whatever; heck - load one of the default cards the game came with, change something - say, virtue - and try to save it afterwards. If even a fully vanilla config crashes, well...ouch. I would be wiping the game at that point and reinstalling everything from scratch. And if it works - ouch, because you would have to keep testing to find the custom content that breaks the editor.

Typical troubleshooting: strip everything but bare necessities -> check if working -> if it is, add the pieces one by one until the thing fails again -> congrats, you found the problem.

Znake

Apr 18, 2022
The does say "1.9.1", right?

You mentioned having tried updating AAU. Have you tried the "other side" of this equation, the card? Namely: get the editor to crash on saving a card, then re-create the character and start stripping "parts". Remove all modules from it -> try to save. If it fails - re-create a character with nothing but built-in features (no custom clothes, no custom poses, no "lemme enable every single trait"). The goal is to isolate the problem to a mod/card/whatever; heck - load one of the default cards the game came with, change something - say, virtue - and try to save it afterwards. If even a fully vanilla config crashes, well...ouch. I would be wiping the game at that point and reinstalling everything from scratch. And if it works - ouch, because you would have to keep testing to find the custom content that breaks the editor.

Typical troubleshooting: strip everything but bare necessities -> check if working -> if it is, add the pieces one by one until the thing fails again -> congrats, you found the problem.
yea i tried everything , just changing vanilla features like personality likeable to something else , creating my characters dont crash it ,but editing does crash it regardless (like i open a card and save immediately), so for now i just create my own character's and everything is fine like that , thanks for help tho.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Khami514 I never bothered looking for such a tool, let alone use one to track down the value for anything in the game. No idea. Maybe QtEdit is capable of that.

joaquimbread

Dec 9, 2016
how do I find specific oc's?
this card is saying "Brown_Hair Green_Eyes oc Playful Anon_73"
those r already included in Mini?

dartallis

May 4, 2021
it seems my version needs pp2 instead of ppx
The aau developers have long since dropped support for pp2 in favour of ppx. It would be worth it to find out if you can run a ppx build and upgrade to the latest version. It is likely going to be increasingly difficult to find pp2 mods in the near future.

Khami514

Jun 19, 2017
The aau developers have long since dropped support for pp2 in favour of ppx. It would be worth it to find out if you can run a ppx build and upgrade to the latest version. It is likely going to be increasingly difficult to find pp2 mods in the near future.
this post game download link gave me the pp2 version instead of ppx

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Khami514 check the Other Sources spoiler in OP, and use the "Modern Installation Guide" link to get the PPX version. I would have to hear from someone else, but I think that one is actually maintained by the AAU devs themselves, meaning the game itself and the AAU version it comes with are up to date (not that the vanilla game is getting any at this point :rolleyes: ).

Reactions: Karitora
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes