Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
willow the fuck Did you enable win10fix (or change its settings afterwards)? I had crash-on-startup happen when I switched from dgVoodoo to DXVK, because apparently Vulkan hates things like RTSS (a performance monitor overlay) with a passion. As soon as I told RTSS to leave AA2Play/Edit alone, the game started up just fine.

P.s. Assuming you did go through the Troubleshooting section of the "Modern Installation Guide".

Willowo

Oct 24, 2018
willow the fuck Did you enable win10fix (or change its settings afterwards)? I had crash-on-startup happen when I switched from dgVoodoo to DXVK, because apparently Vulkan hates things like RTSS (a performance monitor overlay) with a passion. As soon as I told RTSS to leave AA2Play/Edit alone, the game started up just fine.

P.s. Assuming you did go through the Troubleshooting section of the "Modern Installation Guide".
It was awhile ago when this happened so i don't remember the specifics but i was trying stuff with mods
Also when i say it's not launching i mean when i double click AA2Play or AA2Edit the launcher doesn't show up it's just the error code

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
willow the fuck If it fails as early as the launcher - no ideas here, other than "save that crashdump and try asking the AAU Discord". Update AAU, maybe?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Willowo

Oct 24, 2018
Update: i got it working turns out i had it in folder that had a ; in it
Oh yeah fun fact don't put your games in a folder that has an ; in it

It was awhile ago when this happened so i don't remember the specifics but i was trying stuff with mods
Also when i say it's not launching i mean when i double click AA2Play or AA2Edit the launcher doesn't show up it's just the error code

• Haha
Reactions: Ravelord Nito

Wowow123

Jul 13, 2018
Does the ahegao face still works in force scene? Just redownload and remembered it working, but now it doesn't seem to trigger. I have 3d room and JMCP installed.

Last edited:

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Does the ahegao face still works in force scene? Just redownload and remembered it working, but now it doesn't seem to trigger. I have 3d room and JMCP installed.
Could you have forgotten to grab one of the shadowsets JMCP comes with? :unsure:

illusionxxx is what you need. Change the state to, for example, 1 to have the character be fully dressed (in school uniform, in this case). State 0 is "nude", which is the reason the card profile picture shows nude, as well. Depending on what you want, you can make use of the settings underneath, as well...all of those affect what the resulting card looks like.

Last edited:

Wowow123

Jul 13, 2018
Could you have forgotten to grab one of the shadowsets JMCP comes with? :unsure:

illusionxxx is what you need. Change the state to, for example, 1 to have the character be fully dressed (in school uniform, in this case). State 0 is "nude", which is the reason the card profile picture shows nude, as well. Depending on what you want, you can make use of the settings underneath, as well...all of those affect what the resulting card looks like.
Manage to get it to work, seems like it's just some minor mistakes

illusionxxx

Jan 13, 2020

Thank you, but it only works on female characters. I change it to 1 (or any number other than 0) for males, and their bodies just disappear

reyonathrow

Nov 27, 2019
Hey folks,

I've got an old copy of this game that I decided I wanted to play again. I am not using Mini, as my client in particular has a large number of manual hardmods I made myself with SB3Utility that I haven't yet tried to recreate using Mini's structure. Furthermore, I do not have AA2U applied, as whenever I try to use it, the AA2Play executable throws a "Procedure entry point could not be located" error and crashes.

I've gone through a number of d3d9s, including some very old ones I managed to salvage rom Hongfire, but the only one that seems to allow me to play the game without horrendous framerate drops is the... vogons? dgVoodoo? I believe? d3d9 file. This would be fine, except I've noticed that the game seems to crash every 7th or 8th model it loads in high-poly. I assume this is a caching issue of some sort, but I haven't the slightest clue how to address it, much less without the use of AA2U.

Any pointers would be appreciated!

SleepW4lker

Feb 9, 2020
wtf?? It is a very old game with mediocre graphics... why does it run so badly for me? I have 16 ram and a 2gb motherboard... why is it so laggy? could someone help me?

Weissheart

Jun 10, 2020
wtf?? It is a very old game with mediocre graphics... why does it run so badly for me? I have 16 ram and a 2gb motherboard... why is it so laggy? could someone help me?
Check Win10 fix if you are using AAUnlimited. It shold be located in Scripts tab

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
PaoDoce I am unsure which party would need to step up in this case:

1. The modder whose creation added those custom personalities - "YOUR work, so YOU make it work"
2. The game devs - unlikely since you can never plan for every possible mod...and impossible since AA2 development is long since over, anyway;
3. The AAU devs - the game clearly recognizes that "something is there" since the volume controls themselves are present, this might be a question of UI/translation adaptation/rework...but the irony is that we would be going back to both previous possibilities: they would need to (2) plan for any personality-adding mods, and the ideal solution would be to (1) get the mod creator involved.

Not to mention the bottom line: those are volume controls for custom personalities - hardly a critical function. So, to answer your question - almost definitely "no". Unless throwing out the mod that adds custom personalities counts as "fixing this".

Reactions: dartallis

SleepW4lker

Feb 9, 2020
I was finally able to download and play the MiniPPx version but how can I put it in full screen? the launcher unlimited does not give me the option to put it ..

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes