Khami514

Jun 19, 2017
Khami514 check the Other Sources spoiler in OP, and use the "Modern Installation Guide" link to get the PPX version. I would have to hear from someone else, but I think that one is actually maintained by the AAU devs themselves, meaning the game itself and the AAU version it comes with are up to date (not that the vanilla game is getting any at this point :rolleyes: ).
ok ty

KzTo

Oct 1, 2017
After comparing OP and Modern Installation Guide versions, turns out that MIG version has fullscreen option commented out in AA2MiniPPX/AAUnlimited/mod/launcher/dlg.lua. So by removing "--" in start of line 346 before aaut("bFullscreen"... it can be enabled again.

Reactions: Tsugumi

popel115

Jul 8, 2017
Is there any way to LOWER the fps?
Running win11 and without the win10 fix it runs crappily slow in the h-parts, but with win10fix (DVXG or what it was called) it runs too fast (the other options just plain crash), like the animations running at like 8x speed or something
nvidia options sadly seem to do jackshit in this, it completely ignores my vsync and max 75 fps limit

sabbbo

Nov 5, 2018
game was running fine a week ago

what the hell happened? need help

updated AAU to latest version and no results

1661673088366.png

LewdNayshin

Sep 19, 2017
game was running fine a week ago

what the hell happened? need help

updated AAU to latest version and no results

View attachment 2009727
Big possibility you dont have the mods, relax i came back to this game after years just last week and wasted 3 days to figure everything out, or the cards you have dont have the mods required and it made you crash. what were you trying to do before it crashed?

Reactions: sabbbo

sabbbo

Nov 5, 2018
Big possibility you dont have the mods, relax i came back to this game after years just last week and wasted 3 days to figure everything out, or the cards you have dont have the mods required and it made you crash. what were you trying to do before it crashed?
the last time my game ran smoothly i didnt really do anything except for playing it as per usual

but ive been putting in character cards from bepis prior to that day so that might've been it

Last edited:

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
TheCurtainBullet Does it look the same with JMCP disabled? If yes:

1.JMCP is not working for whatever reason (since nothing changes) - hard to say, if it were installed incorrectly, it would never show up in Scripts, in the first place;
2. JMCP is misconfigured - refer to Scripts -> JMCP -> Settings. Play around with spacing or something, your goal should be making something - ANYTHING - change, otherwise you might just be looking at 1, after all.
3. If you have 3DRooms mod, as well: maybe you lack the JMCP+3DRooms compatibility patch thingy - no idea about this one, 3DR was too heavy for my potato PC, I threw it out the window and never looked back; Try disabling the 3DR script (not JMCP) to see if the problem goes away.

That does look weird - which is how it looks with JMCP disabled for me -, and enabling JMCP turns it into compact mess. Heck - try (maybe those are the default settings, though :KEK: )

P.s. You do keep AAU up-to-date, right? Right??

Mar 22, 2019
P.s. You do keep AAU up-to-date, right? Right??
I did a clean install since I just got my PC back from repair so, if the front page sources are up-to-date then my AA2 should be too.

2. JMCP is misconfigured - refer to Scripts -> JMCP -> Settings. Play around with spacing or something, your goal should be making something - ANYTHING - change, otherwise you might just be looking at 1, after all.
This fixed the thing. I just randomly changed "Rows" to 20 and it works. Weird, don't know why/how tho.

LewdNayshin

Sep 19, 2017
the last time my game ran smoothly i didnt really do anything except for playing it as per usual

but ive been putting in character cards from bepis prior to that day so that might've been it
some cards have mods included in them, but some don't and requires you to download the mod seperately in order to use the card, try downloading all the mods that's in the "Modern Guide 2020", and if it still dont work, then most likely the card has it own mod that you have to download, read the details of every cards before you decide to download it. for now i can only say try running the game with default cards and if it runs smoothly then its one of the cards that you downloaded making the problem

PaoDoce

Jun 19, 2020
So, I've installed the game according to the guide but I have a question:

* How do I apply the modules I've downloaded? They're applied randomly when I start a new game?

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
PaoDoce A little confused here by the word "downloaded" - as far as I know, there is no need to "download" modules, they come with AAU by default.

That being said, if you mean applying modules to a character - you do it via AA2Edit, not from inside the game. Make Character -> AAUnlimited window (which is hidden underneath the character display window by default...for some reason) -> Modules. Add whichever you want, save the card and add the character to your class in-game.

hollowreaper

May 23, 2018
So, I've installed the game according to the guide but I have a question:

* How do I apply the modules I've downloaded? They're applied randomly when I start a new game?
Your AA2 Folder/Data/Overrides, a module folder should be made/put there.

@PaoDoce A little confused here by the word "downloaded" - as far as I know, there is no need to "download" modules, they come with AAU by default.
The modules were updated more often than AAU so they have a separate download page for them.

• Wow

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Remiswaifu1209! You can do it before going to school in the morning: simply open the roster and select the character you want to play as.

The modules were updated more often than AAU so they have a separate download page for them.
Forgive me for being skeptical, but the modules pack linked in the guide - the Dropbox one - is dated January '22, roughly lining up with AAU 1.8.0, which is rather outdated by now (1.9.1).

Last edited:

Willowo

Oct 24, 2018
I could use some help.
Every time i try to start AA2Play or AA2Edit it gives me this window.
Capture231.PNG
Edit: I reinstalled it and it's still doing this

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes