Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
BanjoSock321 How did you get it working? What turned out to be the culprit? Maybe I can learn something new ;) Or at least have something to refer to should someone else run into a similar problem in the future.

6102hej

Sep 3, 2021
BanjoSock321 How did you get it working? What turned out to be the culprit? Maybe I can learn something new ;) Or at least have something to refer to should someone else run into a similar problem in the future.
I downloaded the OP and a bunch of cards, but alot of them either crashed my game or had a skin texture bug. so I suspected that AA2unlimited was outdated and maybe I didn't have the required mods. so I downloaded and installed most of the mods in the mega pp2 collection, next I tried to update AAU and that's where ran into to the most problems, at first I grabbed the latest version and followed the install instructions.
I ended up breaking a couple of game folders and had to do a fresh install, good thing it's not a big download lol,

but the first time I tried I just pasted the new AAU folder into the old, that didn't work. next I did a fresh game install and pasted the new folder into the old like before but then tried to run the install.bat as per instructions, but the latest version of AAU dosen't have that bat file so I followed reyonathrow advice and grabbed an old version of AAU v1.7.3 which does come with an install.bat.
so then I first pasted the latest version of AAU into my game then I opened up version 1.7.3 copied the install.bat from that and pasted it into my updated AAU folder and ran it, and pathed the exe. and it worked

next was the skin texture, it was just an outdated mod 35_hipixel_skin so I just updated that.

do you know how to get better FPS? in scenes my game is abit choppy it might just be because the game is old because I have a pretty powerful rig. and yes I did run the windows 10 fix

Reactions: Tsugumi

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
6102hej Thanks a bunch for the info.

As for FPS issues: I recall the wiki troubleshooting page mentioning things to try. The game changer for me was going to win10fix settings and selecting another variant (DXVK in my case). It hates other software adding overlays, though (RTSS metrics are one, NVidia Overlay, too, probably) - I gladly paid that price in return for stable 60 FPS (compared to some low 20s during interactions). So I recommend starting there.

Callandor

Jul 13, 2017
Ok, I've given up, how the hell do you convert .pp to .cloth? I cannot see or find absolutely anything on how to convert the 2 or make .pp compatible with AA2Edit.

BanjoSock321

Oct 4, 2020
6102hej Thanks a bunch for the info.

As for FPS issues: I recall the wiki troubleshooting page mentioning things to try. The game changer for me was going to win10fix settings and selecting another variant (DXVK in my case). It hates other software adding overlays, though (RTSS metrics are one, NVidia Overlay, too, probably) - I gladly paid that price in return for stable 60 FPS (compared to some low 20s during interactions). So I recommend starting there.
well I can get the game to launch with DXVK but it crashes shortly after loading a save

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
BanjoSock321 Total guesswork here since I never ran into issues with saves, only the game itself: for example, if the win10fix setting were to conflict with something, the game would crash much sooner than "trying to load a save" (DXVK crashed on startup for me until I turned RTSS overlay off).

I suspect the save to be broken, and would start troubleshooting by creating a new playthrough. This would double as a test: if the new game exhibits the same "crash shortly after loading" behavior, then more digging is needed. If not - the old save is somehow incompatible. If the latter is the case, I would backup the new save, and then use AA2QtEdit to export data from the old savegame and re-import it to the new one. If the new one works fine after that - yay; if it breaks - I would say "old save borked" and just give up on it.

Apr 19, 2020
I'm just shocked the Win 10 fix works for people. I leave mine off. Turning it on gives a fatal error every time I try to run the game with it on. Yep, using Win 10.

BanjoSock321

Oct 4, 2020
BanjoSock321 Total guesswork here since I never ran into issues with saves, only the game itself: for example, if the win10fix setting were to conflict with something, the game would crash much sooner than "trying to load a save" (DXVK crashed on startup for me until I turned RTSS overlay off).

I suspect the save to be broken, and would start troubleshooting by creating a new playthrough. This would double as a test: if the new game exhibits the same "crash shortly after loading" behavior, then more digging is needed. If not - the old save is somehow incompatible. If the latter is the case, I would backup the new save, and then use AA2QtEdit to export data from the old savegame and re-import it to the new one. If the new one works fine after that - yay; if it breaks - I would say "old save borked" and just give up on it.
I tried it and it didn't work. I started up a new game and was adding characters to the roster and it crashed after I added 4 cards.

you said DXVK dosen't like overlays like Nvida, maybe something like that might be the problem? I've closed nvida in the bottom right hand taskbar but it still crashes

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
BanjoSock321 Do you remember what the win10fix setting was for you initially? Switch to that (yes, I remember - low FPS. Endure, young padawan) and see if crashes still happen. If they do - something else is at fault. Heck - could be the cards (the 4 cards you added - were they custom or vanilla?).

Running out of ideas here, actually: I would just start poking around if it were a computer I had access to; blind advice - not my forte, could be making things worse, for all I know. As my IT-savvy friend once joked whilst struggling to troubleshoot an issue she was having "this is probably the point at which you just give up and give me a call". Heck - I would just ragequit, tableflip, wipe every trace of the game remaining, and start from scratch using the Modern Guide thingy. o_O And not add any custom content until I am 100% sure vanilla runs fine.

BanjoSock321

Oct 4, 2020
BanjoSock321 Do you remember what the win10fix setting was for you initially? Switch to that (yes, I remember - low FPS. Endure, young padawan) and see if crashes still happen. If they do - something else is at fault. Heck - could be the cards (the 4 cards you added - were they custom or vanilla?).

Running out of ideas here, actually: I would just start poking around if it were a computer I had access to; blind advice - not my forte, could be making things worse, for all I know. As my IT-savvy friend once joked whilst struggling to troubleshoot an issue she was having "this is probably the point at which you just give up and give me a call". Heck - I would just ragequit, tableflip, wipe every trace of the game remaining, and start from scratch using the Modern Guide thingy. o_O And not add any custom content until I am 100% sure vanilla runs fine.
well i'm also running out of ideas, i've tried so many different settings. the game runs fine on the initial win10 setting but when I try the DXVK setting it crashes, same cards same everything only thing different is the DXVK setting.

it seems like if I disable win10fix and enable wind3d instead I get a few extra fps.

for now I might just throw in the towel and play with the, at worst 18-19 at best 34 fps in scenes.

Edit: never mind got DXVK working. so it wasn't an fps issue it was a slight stutter that seemed like low and unstable fps, so what I did was just update the reshade and enable it. simple as that....

Edit again: nevermind it's unstable as fuck and crashes after 20-30 min

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Tsugumi
Jan 26, 2018
still having trouble installing mods can someone help?
to be specific all the folder are showing underwear what do i do

Last edited:

pick3r

Mar 17, 2021
I have played this game for a while now but I always had these questions that I tried to search for but I couldn't ever find the answer so I'll make a post here.
1. Tan does not work for me. I got the High Density skin mod that is supposed to get it to work but that still didn't work unless I downloaded it incorrectly.
2. Is there a mod that enables the player to use all the interactions (asking if they ever had sex, notice of impending murder, together forever murder , no choice for sex, etc.) and hearing your character speak like in AA1
3. Does a script or a mod exist that lets the fight play out for the player and one that disables lewd promises and wait for me here interactions
4. How can you create your own modules? Is there custom modules that can be downloaded
5. How do you change a personality's animations?
6. How do you make a custom card image?
7. How do you enable the karaoke music and is there a way for the yes or no pop-up to show up right when someone does a group call?
8. Can someone make this gradient, instead of the white make it black

Last edited:

PluckyFuckling

Mar 27, 2018
Im having a problem with getting anyone to follow me. As soon as I ask, the game crashes. I've already removed any modules that can change the follow option. Anybody know what it could be?

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
This game drives me up the wall sometimes: I added a custom outfit to a character - in a nutshell, selected a "default blue" swimsuit, made it red -, thought I was screwing something up when I saw her sporting the default-blue version after loading the game. After I almost went bananas, I realized that it might be the "no low-poly texture" thing and I need a dialogue/sex-scene to see the proper outfit. And seeing the character up-close in conversations was NOT going to happen since...guess which character I was playing as. :KEK:

xtinct What are you talking about? Uncensor itself is a mod. Use the link for Modern Installation Guide in the "Other Sources" spoiler in OP to get it.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes