dartallis

May 4, 2021
why do I always use the .ppx mod "not responding", even though I can use the .pp2 mod
pp2 is no longer supported/getting updates.
If you're not grabbing the latest cards then your probably okay?
If, however, you want the latest cards you will have to figure out how to use ppx.
Pretty sure there isn't a way around it unless someone is making new pp2 mods coinciding with the ppx ones.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Crammertime Unless you live in one of those countries where torrenting itself is illegal, being worried about torrents is kind of "I heard some drunkard drove their car into a bus stop somewhere in the world, so I never take the bus". Just grab the program (personal recommendation for performance/security* reasons: "qbittorrent"), and have a blast...or download the game and uninstall qbittorrent if you want. Heck - be brave, do this and upload it somewhere to share the DDL link afterwards: you are not the first person to ask for a DDL around here (although a rare breed).

Anyway, if you get down to the small details, you can just grab the game from the OP links, and then update AAU manually (you do not get a "different" kind of game in terms of vanilla content) - use Modern Installation Guide link for the...uhm...well, links - and you are ready to go**. There is no need to deal with torrents to play the game.

* " µTorrent" used to be the go-to for torrents way back when, but over the years started shifting towards adware and even had its installer compromised at some point. Dealt with that, of course, but the fact remains. And nobody should ignore "if it works - do NOT touch it" - if the program you use is not exhibiting any issues, there is no need to update it. Install, keep it "out of date" until it no longer works or something. qBT is what µT used to be, anyway: lightweight performance-wise because it has no garbage built into it [yet].

** This ties into the post right above yours: the game in OP is the PP2 version, so...literally that whole post.

Last edited:
Reactions: ririmudev

Crammertime

May 9, 2019
So I downloaded it normal (torrent is illegal here) got the ppx file and AAU 1.9.1, disabled pp2 check and enabled ppx files, doesn't want to load

Crammertime

May 9, 2019
Just looked more into it, so basically I can't use a modern version of this game cause it is a torrent, wonderful.

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
Torrenting isn't illegal, software piracy is though... And that's what you'd be doing by obtaining this game without paying no matter whether you use torrents or not. Not that you could pay for it unless you found it on the used market but that's beside the point.
Now, I don't know what kind of weird country you live in, but even the Chinese can download the torrent fine and if they can so can you. The only thing to look out for before trying to use torrents with an ISP that's hostile to the protocol is to enable/force full encryption in your torrent client so that any traffic shaping won't work because it's impossible to tell you're using the torrent protocol in the first place. That being said, I am pretty sure there are some virus infested sites that do offer the latest version as DDL. I have come across at least one before.

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
What exactly are you planning on messing up? Just get qbittorrent which someone mentioned before, enable encryption:
the setting is shown in section 3, you want to set it to "require" if torrents are blocked. That's all you need, at that point it should be set up and you can try adding your torrent.

luke254

Oct 6, 2017
i cant take a screenshot but when i try to use the cards it shows a bunch of errors i thhink im missing some dowloaded stuff but i dont know what to get exactly to be able to use the cards

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
luke254 Very curious about the screenshot part, indeed, but skipping to the important part: if the game/editor shows a window like , it is perfectly normal to click "Yes" - that is a game function (or, rather, an Illusion Games function) in action: character card itself contains custom assets not included in vanilla game, and the game asks for permission to extract those assets from said file to make the character show up properly. In other words, there is no need for you to "get" anything, the files you need are already in the file you downloaded - simply let the game do the magic. ;)

StrawberryDonut

Feb 19, 2020
StrawberryDonut Might be related to your issue, might not, but there are already two (and a half) issues I see on those screens (kudos for informative screenies):

1. Your AAU version is 1.5.3 - grossly outdated. Use the Modern Installation Guide link in "Other Sources" in OP instead - that way you can get the up-to-date version of everything...which kind of ties into the next issue:
2. Your data folder shows "ppx" files AND "pp2" files - the two formats are incompatible, you cannot have both enabled at the same time - either, or. You can use PP and PPX mods together. PPX is supposed to supercede PP2, anyway.
2.5. Checkboxes: you can use PP and PP2 together or PP and PPX, but not PP2 and PPX. Make sure the respective boxes are [un]ticked in the AA2Unlimited tab. For example, your screenshot of that tab shows PP and PP2 boxes ticked, and your data folder contains a bunch of PPX mods, none of which are active since PPX box is unticked.

Summary: AAU outdated - update. And your data folder shows PP2 mods and PPX mods - they are NOT going to work side by side. Unless you have a specific reason to stick with PP2, go with PPX instead.
I completely deleted the my old folders for AA to have a complete fresh download. And after downloading the files the game every time I try to launch the editor or game is doesn't load and says "Not Responding".

luke254

Oct 6, 2017
luke254 Very curious about the screenshot part, indeed, but skipping to the important part: if the game/editor shows a window like , it is perfectly normal to click "Yes" - that is a game function (or, rather, an Illusion Games function) in action: character card itself contains custom assets not included in vanilla game, and the game asks for permission to extract those assets from said file to make the character show up properly. In other words, there is no need for you to "get" anything, the files you need are already in the file you downloaded - simply let the game do the magic. ;)
ok so that img you showed dose pop up but after i hit yes a small box pops up with another error somehting about code and i tried hitting both yes and no i just make my game close

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
StrawberryDonut

1. Did you download the torrent version, after all? Because if you grabbed the one in OP again, you still have the PP2 version of the game. Throwing PPX into its folder and enabling PPX in the launcher does not change a thing. To make it abundantly clear: the version in OP is not going to work with PPX. If you use that one - you are stuck with PP2 mods.
2. As silly as it sounds, did you try...waiting for it to load? I had one of those "bored out of my mind" moments here and found out that a clean game can start within seconds, but if you enable all the mods - can take as long as one minute to boot (off an SSD, no less).

luke254 At least type up something the error message says (I suspect a crash dump). I need information to troubleshoot the issue. For example: where did you get the game - OP links (PP2) or Modern Installation Guide (PPX)? Is your AAU up to date (1.9.1)? Where did you get the card you tried to add? Maybe the card itself is at fault. Too many possibilities - like treating a symptom without knowing the underlying cause.

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
I completely deleted the my old folders for AA to have a complete fresh download. And after downloading the files the game every time I try to launch the editor or game is doesn't load and says "Not Responding".
Did you actually install the requirements as instructed? I don't know if that's Windows 11, but there are also special instructions for Windows 11 in addition to the basics.

StrawberryDonut

Feb 19, 2020
StrawberryDonut

1. Did you download the torrent version, after all? Because if you grabbed the one in OP again, you still have the PP2 version of the game. Throwing PPX into its folder and enabling PPX in the launcher does not change a thing. To make it abundantly clear: the version in OP is not going to work with PPX. If you use that one - you are stuck with PP2 mods.
2. As silly as it sounds, did you try...waiting for it to load? I had one of those "bored out of my mind" moments here and found out that a clean game can start within seconds, but if you enable all the mods - can take as long as one minute to boot (off an SSD, no less).

luke254 At least type up something the error message says (I suspect a crash dump). I need information to troubleshoot the issue. For example: where did you get the game - OP links (PP2) or Modern Installation Guide (PPX)? Is your AAU up to date (1.9.1)? Where did you get the card you tried to add? Maybe the card itself is at fault. Too many possibilities - like treating a symptom without knowing the underlying cause.
1. I downloaded the torrent version in the other section.
2. I waited a couple hours with zero results.

I checked the log files and the entire thing is what it says in the screenshot. 1670183841277.png

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes