dartallis

May 4, 2021
1. I downloaded the torrent version in the other section.
2. I waited a couple hours with zero results.

I checked the log files and the entire thing is what it says in the screenshot. View attachment 2213433
You don't need to worry about that part it's for the devs, I believe.
Have you made sure to install all the files in the folder marked "extra". Those files are required!
If those aren't installed "hanging" is the usual result. I would check that first.

Another thought came to mind. Are you using windows 10?

For folks who might be experiencing issues with windows 11 hanging after a recent update, the attached image is important.
1669521524838811.png

Last edited:

Zadke

Nov 21, 2017
where do i get the download for this game other than on this website?
The modern guide is the ONLY one you could trust, is in the other sources spoiler in the op If I recall but well heres the link either, if you didn't installed it like the guide tells you is pretty common you get a lot of errors or malfunction with newest packs or cards

luke254

Oct 6, 2017
The modern guide is the ONLY one you could trust, is in the other sources spoiler in the op If I recall but well heres the link either, if you didn't installed it like the guide tells you is pretty common you get a lot of errors or malfunction with newest packs or cards
so i download the game from here and just follow the guide?

Bangurd

Aug 13, 2018
So i have a toaster that can only run 32 bits so no AAU or Mini, all vanilla AA2. I managed to manually install JMCPv21 (the original PP version) and works but it only shows a single list of positions that eventually gets hidden by the screen borders. It is posible to manually get to display multiple lists of positions like this?

Snatched

May 25, 2020
A Windows 11 update swept through and now I get the dreaded "Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)" error.
Any hints about how to fix this?

RhinoHeadbutt

Sep 9, 2017
So i have a toaster that can only run 32 bits so no AAU or Mini, all vanilla AA2. I managed to manually install JMCPv21 (the original PP version) and works but it only shows a single list of positions that eventually gets hidden by the screen borders. It is posible to manually get to display multiple lists of positions like this?
You'll need a mod included in AA2Unlimited for that.

On that note, AAU and Mini (not MiniPPX) run fine on Windows (7) 32-bit, so give them a shot. And if you ever feel like trying out PPX, you can bulld working 32-bit versions of the PPX server and tools from the source code in a matter of minutes.

Reactions: Bangurd

MyJuicyJuicy

Nov 10, 2017
is there anyway for someone to just upload their files of the game with the mods installed completely somewhere, cuz this shit is so fucking annoying to to and figure out

crashdingo

Jan 25, 2018
hello
i have some problems with few cards:
-the newest Camilla from fire emblem,newest monika, newset mash from fgo,momoyo from majikoi and rosaria from genshin impact
everyone (expect camilla)are playble (for the most part) without editing, but as soon as i edit very small details
i get the message:
unhandled exception
do you want to write aaucrash.dmp?

and then i lose the card
is there a way to fix it this error?
which mod or which changes i need NOT to edit in order to make them playble?

should i send the cards in question to see which mods are required to work properly?

Bangurd

Aug 13, 2018
You'll need a mod included in AA2Unlimited for that.

On that note, AAU and Mini (not MiniPPX) run fine on Windows (7) 32-bit, so give them a shot. And if you ever feel like trying out PPX, you can bulld working 32-bit versions of the PPX server and tools from the source code in a matter of minutes.
It actually worked! It was only a matter of searching the 32-bits versions of the required programs!
It runs so smooth and i already free almost 30GB of old mods.
Thank you so much!!

RhinoHeadbutt

Sep 9, 2017
It actually worked! It was only a matter of searching the 32-bits versions of the required programs!
It runs so smooth and i already free almost 30GB of old mods.
Thank you so much!!
You're welcome, glad that you got it to work.

And yes, while NTFS compression can somewhat mitigate the huge space requirements of the old PP format, the compression method used in PP2/PPX (a mix of ZStandard + Opus for audio files) completely obliterates it.

I'm interested in where you found a 32-bit versison of the PPX server though, if only to provide a link to fellow toaster enthusiasts. I had to dig through my external hard drives to find my own build in case you wanted it -.-

Rizuu

Feb 4, 2019
Quick question. Is there a way to mod in extra clothes and a mod to replace the default school backgrounds with other backgrounds for AA2 Mini/Unlimited? If so, how?

I'm also wondering if anyone has an old hongfire mod that would give the male characters voices during H-scenes.

I've also tried using trait modules just for AA2Edit to crash (Unhandled exception) and corrupt the character card...Is there a fix for this?

Last edited:

crashdingo

Jan 25, 2018
hello
i have some problems with few cards:
-the newest Camilla from fire emblem,newest monika, newset mash from fgo,momoyo from majikoi and rosaria from genshin impact
everyone (expect camilla)are playble (for the most part) without editing, but as soon as i edit very small details
i get the message:
unhandled exception
do you want to write aaucrash.dmp?

and then i lose the card
is there a way to fix it this error?
which mod or which changes i need NOT to edit in order to make them playble?

should i send the cards in question to see which mods are required to work properly?
these are the cards which i have some problems
monika and mash so long as i don't even active any edit works fine
for camilla,momoyo and rosaria however i just get the aaucrash.dmp error no matter what
what modules do i need in order to play with all of them?
(rosaria card is too big to be uploaded)
aside for this problem is the usually a way to counter/fix aaucrash.dmp error in geneal?
i have aa2mini, is it possible to fix the problem by updating the modules?
if so could someone send me the latest updated one?

Last edited:

Rizuu

Feb 4, 2019
Another update. I noticed my version of the game was out of date (1.5.3) so I downloaded version 1.9.1 and now it crashes when I try to launch the editor or the game (not responding crash). I attempted to use different settings for win10fix and that didn't work either. Now I'm unsure what version I should be using, but either way, I'm not having much luck with google or doing things other guides say to do.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Rizuu Couple notes:

1. Which OS are you using? IIRC the game has some issues with Win11, like, for instance......hanging on startup :rolleyes:and needing a workaround/update (hi, ) that I am unable to test because my system uses Win10. :whistle:

2. If not an OS issue, did you try the silly-sounding option of waiting for the game to start? It can take up to a minute, if not more, to do so.

3. If I were in your shoes, I would probably start from scratch. And use the Modern Installation Guide link (in the "Other Sources" spoiler) to setup a "MiniPPX" version of the game; given that you mention 1.5.3, I assume you grabbed the game from direct links in OP here instead, those contain the now-obsolete "Mini".

4. Which version of WHAT should you be using? Win10fix? Whichever works for you, I suppose (defaults work fine; if none of the options work - the problem is somewhere else). AAU? 1.9.1 (or, as of 5 days ago, 1.9.2). Game? As mentioned, MiniPPX > Mini.

Rizuu

Feb 4, 2019
Rizuu Couple notes:

1. Which OS are you using? IIRC the game has some issues with Win11, like, for instance......hanging on startup :rolleyes:and needing a workaround/update (hi, ) that I am unable to test because my system uses Win10. :whistle:

2. If not an OS issue, did you try the silly-sounding option of waiting for the game to start? It can take up to a minute, if not more, to do so.

3. If I were in your shoes, I would probably start from scratch. And use the Modern Installation Guide link (in the "Other Sources" spoiler) to setup a "MiniPPX" version of the game; given that you mention 1.5.3, I assume you grabbed the game from direct links in OP here instead, those contain the now-obsolete "Mini".

4. Which version of WHAT should you be using? Win10fix? Whichever works for you, I suppose (defaults work fine; if none of the options work - the problem is somewhere else). AAU? 1.9.1 (or, as of 5 days ago, 1.9.2). Game? As mentioned, MiniPPX > Mini.
1. I'm using windows 10.

2. Yeah. I did try waiting for it to start. It's a fresh MiniPPX version too. No extra mods or anything in it besides whatever is already included. I read some bug reports on AA2 and it says updating a .net core may be necessary, specifically 3.1.9 so I'll try that tomorrow for AA2U version 1.9.1

3. I previously had issues since I grabbed version 1.5.3, which worked except for which I assume is the same issue as another user has been having as well. All my character cards don't use modules and I make the characters myself in AAUEdit.
That is, until I tried to use a module on a previously made card which ended up corrupted and I deleted the character due to the corruption. I have NOT placed this card into the 1.9.1 version I have. It's a completely fresh install of 1.9.1. Version 1.5.3 was the version giving me the aa2crash dump error when: Lesbian forced H was started and when making any characters with module/custom traits.

4. My bad for not specifying. I meant versions between games. 1.5.3 crashes when certain events happen and 1.9.1 crashes when launching the editor or game in general. So it's either the one that's half playable or not at all.

For extra context, I DID look at the other resources when troubleshooting and win10fix, no matter what settings or mods I check/uncheck still causes 1.9.1 to crash.

Also I appreciate the response and thanks for trying to help

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Rizuu .Net Core is listed as a requirement on the MIG page, so yes, it is very much necessary. ;) Just in case, update AAU to 1.9.2 - I never ran into the issue, but the changelog mentions some sort of "Edit crash" fix.

As for startup crashes: do you use any software that generates overlays in-game? Like, NVidia Overlay or RivaTuner Statistics Server - probably anything "performance metrics" with On-Screen Display feature would count. DXVK (one of win10fix options) does not play nice with those: does exactly that - crashes the game on startup even before the logo. Then again, testing whether win10fix is at fault is easy: just disable it. If the game runs now - found the culprit. If not - back to the drawing board.

This is probably somewhere between "advanced" and "pointless", but I would also try this: select all .ppx files except for "00_data.ppx" in the "data" folder, and move them somewhere else. Then try starting the game: if you get to the main screen [now in japanese] - yay, your crashes have something to do with those mods indeed. If not - someplace else. Otherwise, I would start throwing the PPX files back where they belong one by one, and start the game after each one. Whatever breaks it is at fault.

Reactions: Rizuu
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes