Vikovo

Oct 18, 2022
Are you using AA2MiniPPX from the Modern Installation Guide link in "Other Sources"? My first suspicion is outdated AAU, but that would mean you have AA2Mini from the OP links instead, which is both outdated and no longer supported by the community (read: card creators).
I downloaded aa2 from the mega link on page 1 a few months ago and most of the mods from other sources (also on page 1)
I think I should have mentioned, when selecting open file in the editor, some cards asked If I wanted to extract files? I selected yes every time it came up, not sure if this helps

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Vikovo

1.Since you used the DDLs in this topic - meaning you have Mini -, I am going to recommend you switch to MiniPPX (the thingy I mentioned). Peace of mind regarding compatibility since it is being actively maintained, if nothing else.

2. Even if you stay with the Mini - your reply fails to mention this: did you update and try the editor/cards again? As I mentioned, the problems you describe are reminiscent of oudated AAU builds.

3. The file extracting process for cards: one, it seems irrelevant to your case, and two, just to make it clear, you are meant to click "Yes" on that window - those card files hold additional resources required for the card to look as intended. The lacking resources are what gets unpacked when you try to load the card in the editor/game.

Reactions: Sekkara

RayBar

May 12, 2020
Can someone upload the most up-to-date version of AA2 mini ppx on mega/gofile(so I can do DDL instead of torrent),the one available on tsukiyo pls..

Vikovo

Oct 18, 2022
Vikovo

1.Since you used the DDLs in this topic - meaning you have Mini -, I am going to recommend you switch to MiniPPX (the thingy I mentioned). Peace of mind regarding compatibility since it is being actively maintained, if nothing else.

2. Even if you stay with the Mini - your reply fails to mention this: did you update and try the editor/cards again? As I mentioned, the problems you describe are reminiscent of oudated AAU builds.

3. The file extracting process for cards: one, it seems irrelevant to your case, and two, just to make it clear, you are meant to click "Yes" on that window - those card files hold additional resources required for the card to look as intended. The lacking resources are what gets unpacked when you try to load the card in the editor/game.
ok
I have downloaded MiniPPX from the modern guide, torrent and extracted the same as usual, but the launcher freezes when I click the launch the game/editor button
first time launching, I hadn't touched any settings, crash. followed the troubleshooting steps in modern guide, still crashing
I'm guessing the mega link leads to an outdated version, but I know I can run that, I've tried matching the settings on the outdated and minippx launchers, no change

sorry If I'm being a pain, new to both this site and aa2

Tikookit

Sep 29, 2020
Running into a weird issue here. Whenever I'm walking around the saxophone music (horny music) keeps playing and restarting like every 9 seconds. No one is doing any H stuff its literally just repeating over itself constantly. I even put on a custom BGM but the same issue occurs with it. Whichever song takes the place of the sax music just keep playing the whole day. The main menu and player character room music are normal but the entire school day is one long saxophone concert. I think my BGM files have somehow gotten screwed or something idk how because I had not messed with them until this became an issue. I have no way of knowing this but that the only thing that makes sense to me. Anyone else had a similar issue or know of a fix?

Edit: this is AA2 mini btw

Edit 2: Issue solved. Had accidentally toggled the everyone H mood cheat hence the 5 second sexaphone loop

Last edited:

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
ok
I have downloaded MiniPPX from the modern guide, torrent and extracted the same as usual, but the launcher freezes when I click the launch the game/editor button
first time launching, I hadn't touched any settings, crash. followed the troubleshooting steps in modern guide, still crashing
I'm guessing the mega link leads to an outdated version, but I know I can run that, I've tried matching the settings on the outdated and minippx launchers, no change

sorry If I'm being a pain, new to both this site and aa2
Just to make sure: did you install the requirements listed for MiniPPX in the modern guide? More than once in this thread people had issues with MiniPPX because they skipped past the Requirements part of that page and were missing NET Core.

Vikovo

Oct 18, 2022
Just to make sure: did you install the requirements listed for MiniPPX in the modern guide? More than once in this thread people had issues with MiniPPX because they skipped past the Requirements part of that page and were missing NET Core.
ah right... was missing net core
thank you

Arde645

Apr 30, 2018
can you reupload it it got flagged as virus and can't download (malformed attachment???? ). it's basically a real time editor and it works on unlimited as well source i did use it back then.
It's something on your end. Did you successfully complete the F95 warning captcha? Anyways, I'll send a PM over.

It's downloading fine on my end.

reyonathrow

Nov 27, 2019
What is the significance of the number 25 with respect to modules?

For example, from the Yandere Type C module (bottom of the OhYouHateThisGuyHuh trigger):

If (MostHate == 0) then
.....Actions:
.....MostHatedGuy = 25

If that number being updated to MostHatedGuy was a seat indicator, I figured that it would have to be retrieved and stored in a variable, not a hardcoded int. What is this code actually doing? It seems a fairly common convention across other modules. In particular, I am very interested in what it does as part of the LOVE OF YOUR LIFE module, which I currently am struggling to make sense of.

RayBar

May 12, 2020
Extreme retardation inbound lads,so sorry in advance...

Can anyone explain what exactly is 'hardlinker'? Like what is it's purpose and how do I use it(start with an elementary explanation if possible)? I have already installed and did everything mentioned in the guide ran the batch file and filled it textures provided in the mega folder.Now I noticed that some cards I download from database came with their own texture and override folders,which I put in them in their appropriate folders and now do I need to run the batch file again to make use of them?

What does harlinker do when I am playing the game or is it something like a tool for character creation?Thanks.

sptkc

Feb 10, 2018
What is the significance of the number 25 with respect to modules?

For example, from the Yandere Type C module (bottom of the OhYouHateThisGuyHuh trigger):

If (MostHate == 0) then
.....Actions:
.....MostHatedGuy = 25

If that number being updated to MostHatedGuy was a seat indicator, I figured that it would have to be retrieved and stored in a variable, not a hardcoded int. What is this code actually doing? It seems a fairly common convention across other modules. In particular, I am very interested in what it does as part of the LOVE OF YOUR LIFE module, which I currently am struggling to make sense of.
Took a quick look, it seems that it is for seat numbers. Value 0-24 is for in game characters with 24 being the teacher. 25 is used for seat number if none of the in game chara fit for the requirements thus making the modules target none.

Reactions: reyonathrow

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Extreme retardation inbound lads,so sorry in advance...

Can anyone explain what exactly is 'hardlinker'? Like what is it's purpose and how do I use it(start with an elementary explanation if possible)?
Adds a bunch of of clothes to the game, alot of it being underwear or swimsuit attire. And, from what I understand, utilizes so-called "Symbolic Links" to keep the outfits it comes with in one folder (its own) to make adding more clothes easier.

I have already installed and did everything mentioned in the guide ran the batch file and filled it textures provided in the mega folder.Now I noticed that some cards I download from database came with their own texture and override folders,which I put in them in their appropriate folders and now do I need to run the batch file again to make use of them?
No, you do not. If a card requires additional assets, it asks permission to unpack them when you load the card into editor/game roster. Once you hit that "yes" button, you are done. In a sense, you do not need to re-run the batch file EVER...unless you are reinstalling harderlinker, which means it is no longer a "re" at that point. Semantics.

Either way, if your folders look like - everything is fine.

What does harlinker do when I am playing the game or is it something like a tool for character creation?Thanks.
When you put it like that - character creation. And, of course, making the card that uses the assets work without needing to extract said assets to the game folder. Keeps the place nice and tidy.

It would be much easier to understand its purpose if you knew how mod managers work (Mod Organizer for TES Skyrim, for example): where you would normally need to copy mod files to the game folder (potentially overwriting files in there, which would eventually break your game), the manager allows you to put the actual mod files anywhere you like outside the game folder, and uses redirection to "fool" the game into believing that the mods are actually in the game folder. The benefits being that ONE, you can keep the mod files themselves wherever you like - for example, on another physical drive if storage space is a problem -, and TWO, since the game files and mod files are separated, if your game no longer works after you add a mod you can safely delete the mod files without compromising the actual game files. Using this analogy, harderlinker is the mod manager and the clothes are mods.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RayBar

neontiger

Aug 6, 2020
I have a brand new laptop with a 3080ti and an i9 and I get less than 5 frames a second when interacting with a character. I'm on windows 11. I'm sure I've missed something. Could someone point me in the right direction?

dartallis

May 4, 2021
How to get elf ears without changing the face
If you have a mod called ##_face_sliders_pack_v5##, there should be a folder \data\override\Meshes\face\FaceParts\Ears with object overrides. There are bunch to choose from.
object override example.png
In the image is an example of what you'll need for the override to work. The top line should be typed in just as shown. The bottom line will be your chosen ear override.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes