tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
While the underlying implication is [probably] correct, the statements themselves could not be more wrong. Mini can run PPX mods just fine.
It's correct. Mini really cannot run PPX mods unless run and fine in your vocabulary mean something entirely different from mine. Mini requires pp2 resource loader to be enabled, without it will not work. Enabling both pp2 and ppx resource loader at the same time is not supported... but I don't think that's even what's being suggested considering you already think you can't enable both at once (you can), the important part is that you simply cannot disable pp2 for mini. That's all there's to it. When you disable it, the game stops working even if ppx runs and loads all the mods you add. The game data itself is gone and you're modding a white screen.
If you enable both at once, the results you get are not what you're looking for either.

• Angry
Reactions: Tsugumi
Dec 24, 2021
It's correct. Mini really cannot run PPX mods unless run and fine in your vocabulary mean something entirely different from mine. Mini requires pp2 resource loader to be enabled, without it will not work. Enabling both pp2 and ppx resource loader at the same time is not supported... but I don't think that's even what's being suggested considering you already think you can't enable both at once (you can), the important part is that you simply cannot disable pp2 for mini. That's all there's to it. When you disable it, the game stops working even if ppx runs and loads all the mods you add. The game data itself is gone and you're modding a white screen.
If you enable both at once, the results you get are not what you're looking for either.
Have you tried turning off pp2 and just using ppx loader? for some reason when I have just pp2 on it grays out most of the options in edit.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
tiikerihai Your snide remarks were both unwelcome and unwarranted.

PPeX support comes from AAU, not Mini. The reason PPX files do not work with Mini in OP "out-of-the-box" is because - as you mentioned - the data file has the .pp2 extension. As soon as you switch from PP2 to PPx in the launcher it "disappears" for obvious reasons...and PPeX support was officially added in 1.6, anyway, whilst the Mini in OP sports 1.5.3. If you have the PPX version of the data file from...wherever..., Mini can detect, read and work with it just fine.

That is the reason I keep advising people all over the thread to switch to MiniPPX, if possible: if you have access to data.ppx, anyway, there is no point in using Mini outside of a very specific reason like a PP2 mod that was never ported over.

The problem I had with the statement of yours I quoted was that Mini actually CAN work with PPX. It is impractical to achieve, not impossible.

P.s. How you came to the conclusion that I assumed "both PP2 and PPX cannot be enabled at the same time" from the message you quoted is most certainly beyond me.

Starsegen

Jan 9, 2020
tiikerihai Your snide remarks were both unwelcome and unwarranted.

PPeX support comes from AAU, not Mini. The reason PPX files do not work with Mini in OP "out-of-the-box" is because - as you mentioned - the data file has the .pp2 extension. As soon as you switch from PP2 to PPx in the launcher it "disappears" for obvious reasons...and PPeX support was officially added in 1.6, anyway, whilst the Mini in OP sports 1.5.3. If you have the PPX version of the data file from...wherever..., Mini can detect, read and work with it just fine.

That is the reason I keep advising people all over the thread to switch to MiniPPX, if possible: if you have access to data.ppx, anyway, there is no point in using Mini outside of a very specific reason like a PP2 mod that was never ported over.

The problem I had with the statement of yours I quoted was that Mini actually CAN work with PPX. It is impractical to achieve, not impossible.

P.s. How you came to the conclusion that I assumed "both PP2 and PPX cannot be enabled at the same time" from the message you quoted is most certainly beyond me.
I switched to MiniPPX, i installed it freshly in a new folder and just clicket AA2Play, i didnt change anything and i just get instant CTD every time not even a crashdump is created. If i Disable ppx loader the game still not starts correctly but i get an empty crashdump ...

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
When you're replacing ALL base data files you're completely missing the point and even understanding of what these are. Both AA2Mini and AA2MiniPPX ARE the data. The distribution consists of 3 components: data, necessary base AA2 files and AAU, of these only one of the 3 major components is different between mini and miniPPX. When you replace all the data with PPX, you won't have AA2Mini anymore, you'll have AA2MiniPPX. I didn't say creating a DIY AA2MiniPPX was impossible, someone had to make it in the beginning, right?
Also no it won't work just fine, you still have to delete forcedconfig before it starts working fine even after complete data transplant.

"Random thought: did you disable PP2 resource loader, though? PP2 and PPX are either/or, the two are incompatible."
To me, the phrase "the two are incompatible" suggests you think they don't work together. Which is correct. Since you said that, I think it's a fair assumption on my part that you think this is something that can't be done. Which, if I prescribed what people should and shouldn't do, is an opinion you should hold.

I switched to MiniPPX, i installed it freshly in a new folder and just clicket AA2Play, i didnt change anything and i just get instant CTD every time not even a crashdump is created. If i Disable ppx loader the game still not starts correctly but i get an empty crashdump ...
What's the error code? e06d7363?

Last edited:

Gizz

Jul 31, 2018
MiniPPX runs fine to me, both the plain download and after following the guide, on windows 10. Can someone give me the link on how to turn old pp/pp2 into ppx? I had it at some point but im unable to find it

Starsegen

Jan 9, 2020
When you're replacing ALL base data files you're completely missing the point and even understanding of what these are. Both AA2Mini and AA2MiniPPX ARE the data. The distribution consists of 3 components: data, necessary base AA2 files and AAU, of these only one of the 3 major components is different between mini and miniPPX. When you replace all the data with PPX, you won't have AA2Mini anymore, you'll have AA2MiniPPX. I didn't say creating a DIY AA2MiniPPX was impossible, someone had to make it in the beginning, right?
Also no it won't work just fine, you still have to delete forcedconfig before it starts working fine even after complete data transplant.

"Random thought: did you disable PP2 resource loader, though? PP2 and PPX are either/or, the two are incompatible."
To me, the phrase "the two are incompatible" suggests you think they don't work together. Which is correct. Since you said that, I think it's a fair assumption on my part that you think this is something that can't be done. Which, if I prescribed what people should and shouldn't do, is an opinion you should hold.

What's the error code? e06d7363?

You know wath instand CTD means ? No error no nothing.

Gizz

Jul 31, 2018
I cant download JapaneseMCPv25 from mediafire, when you try to download it it fails with secure inconnection. Really weird because i downloaded all the other files fine. Are there any alternative download for that?

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
You know wath instand CTD means ? No error no nothing.
No I don't know what "instand CTD" means. What's "no error"? Does that mean the launcher hangs forever? Is it the launcher just closing after pressing play? Does it write anything in AAU log? What does it mean?
You are making it sound more like a failure to read installation instructions/windows 11 instructions rather than an actual problem though, since those are the easiest way to get a launch failure closest to your description, if it means anything close to what I imagine it does.

Reactions: Starsegen

Kuromarutaur

Jun 19, 2020
I tried to update AA2mini downloaded from here with latest version of Unlimited because this version uses pre installed older version of Unlimited.
I tried to follow guides, but no matter what i do, some modules just won't work, not sure if i'm messed up something or there other reason, but i will return to good old clean disk version, at least it worked without problems with all mods and Unimited installed.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
carolinebucket Meaning what, exactly? "Not working" is not helpful for troubleshooting, describing what DOES happen - is. For all we know, you could be simply be impatient and thinking the game does not boot just because it actually takes a long time to do so.

Details, please. Especially if you added mods and/or fiddled with checkboxes in the launcher.

P.s. You did update AAU (1.9.2 currently), right?

Vitari

Mar 30, 2019
G'day, pals! Having a game breaking problem for me here. I've seen a guy with the same one in this thread, though he got no help. The question is... how the fuck do I fix the stockings? Half of the cards has them and in each one stockings look like that. 1675439967684.png

Vikovo

Oct 18, 2022
I'm getting two errors, not sure how to solve them

an error appears in the editor when i try and save
It says
Code: 0xC0000005
Address: 0x736F3697
Do you want to write aaucrash.dmp?

and another when i try and select a card in the roster
It says
Address: 0x6AF6726C

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
I'm getting two errors, not sure how to solve them

an error appears in the editor when i try and save
It says
Address: 0x736F3697

and another when i try and select a card in the roster
It says
Address: 0x6AF6726C
Are you using AA2MiniPPX from the Modern Installation Guide link in "Other Sources"? My first suspicion is outdated AAU, but that would mean you have AA2Mini from the OP links instead, which is both outdated and no longer supported by the community (read: card creators).

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes