GeriatricFed

Dec 29, 2018
I created a new empty folder named textures(renamed the original one to some trivial name), with the hardlinker bat and zip, then used the bat and finally copied eyes and hilight folders.
It runs so I think that part is ok.

Although I do get an error/crash EVERY SINGLE TIME i enter a sex scene, and no one seems to know the solution. Lots of people have faced it, but couldn't find even one fix!

P.S: Please change OP's guides (the installation works better than the modern one). Almost everyone who has followed the one inside spoiler has faced this error.
Any kind of help really appreciated. At least which guide should we follow to be safe from all these crashes?!
I'm trying everything right now. Will report if something worked :))
I followed the modern guide in the spoiler yesterday and my install is working fine. You might need to reinstall or run through the guide again to make sure everything was done properly.

Completely seperate topic, god I wish I could just make every NPC leave me alone and stop pathfinding to me everytime I try to even breathe.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Completely seperate topic, god I wish I could just make every NPC leave me alone and stop pathfinding to me everytime I try to even breathe.
Semi-extreme method: just disable "NPC -> PC action" in settings. They never talk to you again.

Not sure how the "butthurt" script works - the phrasing seems to imply it tracks only "interruptions" (talking to you when you already are interacting with someone), not "actions". But who knows.

My third go-to would be firing up QtEdit to see whether I can edit those social popularity ratings, and if so - reduce those to a minimum for my character.

And above all else, I would never forget that disabling accumulation of Hate points ends up in a "pathfinding to me everytime I try to even breathe" level of disaster.

QQBangBang Just because nobody replies with a one-in-all solution does not mean that nobody has a working setup. Not to mention that the modern guide is actually being kept up to date, so your comment implying it being worse is, at the very least, questionable.

If you need help - start by providing screenshots that show content of the "data" directory, along with "AA2Unlimited" and "Scripts" tabs of the launcher.
Anyone have a link to a proper harderlinker guide? It's not very clear in the pictures provided what to do... if someone could answer a few of my questions so I don't break anything it would be appreciated:
1. What do I use with the harderlinker.bat?
2. Do I do anything with the generate.sh files?
3. Are the sitagi files in the right spot?

Here is a screenshot of my folder if that would help.

View attachment 2881953
This is quite the mess. :LOL: Time to clean it up.

Before that: if the MEGA download cap is not an issue, you may want to download the "harderlinker" folder (the one next to "script generators" folder) instead of the of the 7z archive on your screenshot. As indicated by the date on the archive, it is potentially outdated: it contains the same "harderlinker" folder, except if any outfits got updated between then and now - the new files are present in the folder, but not in the archive. In other words, the archive is the outdated version of the folder. Not critical, but if you want "the latest and greatest" - click the dots on the "harderlinker" folder, download as ZIP. Also, you do NOT need the "script generators" folder - ignore it.

Anyway, off we go:

1. Should probably start from scratch here; delete everything in that texture folder on your screenshot except "eye", "hilight", "harder_linker.bat" and "harder_linker.sh". And the archive, I guess, if you decide NOT to download the folder instead. What you should have is . Note that the "harderlinker" folder comes from the "harder_linker.7z" - it is filled with subfolders like "ais_hotpants" and "kk_breezy_shorts", but they are all currently EMPTY. If the one on your screenshot is the same - keep it. If not - delete it, as well, just to be sure.

2. run "harder_linker.bat" (do NOT use "run as Admin"). It will create a bunch of empty folders. Your texture folder should now look like . To answer your 3rd question now: yes, those "sitagi" folders are in the right place, but now you can see that you had too few of them.

3. I am going to assume you used the 7z archive instead of the folder: extract it, and put the extracted "harderlinker" folder into the "texture" folder of the game. Remember the empty "harderlinker" folder? That is how we fill it up with outfits. Now all those "ais_hotpants" and the other subfolders should have files in them.

Done.

Reactions: GeriatricFed

GeriatricFed

Dec 29, 2018
Semi-extreme method: just disable "NPC -> PC action" in settings. They never talk to you again.

Not sure how the "butthurt" script works - the phrasing seems to imply it tracks only "interruptions" (talking to you when you already are interacting with someone), not "actions". But who knows.

My third go-to would be firing up QtEdit to see whether I can edit those social popularity ratings, and if so - reduce those to a minimum for my character.

And above all else, I would never forget that disabling accumulation of Hate points ends up in a "pathfinding to me everytime I try to even breathe" level of disaster.
My savior :BootyTime:.

I did try the butthurt script and like you said, it seems to only reduce interruptions, still a big jump from not even being allowed to click chat 90% of the time. Seems like the best option is still turning off the NPC -> PC dialogue or just not using a rainbow card.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Tsugumi

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
My savior :BootyTime:.

I did try the butthurt script and like you said, it seems to only reduce interruptions, still a big jump from not even being allowed to click chat 90% of the time. Seems like the best option is still turning off the NPC -> PC dialogue or just not using a rainbow card.
There is an in-game option also for disabling just the interruptions while still allowing them to talk to you normally: "Disable NPC->PC interruption". It's kind of a heavy handed approach though compared to the butthurt script which you can tweak until you find something acceptable.

Anon316

Jun 26, 2021
I'm trying to follow the steps from to get futa blowjobs but I don't understand what "decrypt jg2p09_05_00.pp" means. Actually, I can't find this file or any other pp file in my game directory (only ppx files from pre-installed mods of AA2 Mini and base.pp).
I feel like I'm missing some important step but I don't know which one...

Am I supposed to use the console in the editor/game launcher ?

Lorenzacccio99

Aug 7, 2023
Hello,

I remember a link where i can download a file with hundred classes made by illusion but i lost the link.
anyone knows it ?

reyonathrow

Nov 27, 2019
I'm trying to follow the steps from to get futa blowjobs but I don't understand what "decrypt jg2p09_05_00.pp" means. Actually, I can't find this file or any other pp file in my game directory (only ppx files from pre-installed mods of AA2 Mini and base.pp).
I feel like I'm missing some important step but I don't know which one...

Am I supposed to use the console in the editor/game launcher ?
This is an unfortunate casualty of the advent of Mini. That guide assumes the game's data files still have their old infrastructure from the original game. In Mini, all of the game's files were condensed into a single file, Data.ppx.

Bear with me here. This is gonna be a long post. Additionally, I don't currently know how to get around this without MCP/JMCP, so if you aren't using one of them yet, I highly recommend it.

The goal of decrypting and extracting the contents of the files listed in the guide was twofold:
1. jg2p09_05_00.pp, jg2p09_07_00.pp, jg2p09_06_00.pp, jg2p09_08_00.pp, and so on were archives that stored animation files. What you're ultimately doing by following the guide on the spreadsheet is creating new poses entirely, and therefore you have to supply the game client with the appropriate animations; otherwise, the actors will just stand motionless during H.
2. jg2p09_00_00 contained a specific text file called H_Style.lst. This is the animation "map," if you will, that determines what poses can be classified as what category, fulfill what sexual preference, what clothing adjustments should be made by the pose (if any), et cetera during H. Of importance to your purpose is that it determines what orientations will have access to a given pose.

With all that said, the question remains: How can we make this work with the game's new file structure? I don't doubt that there are other methods, but I can at least explain how I did it: I took advantage of the fact that Mini relies heavily on sets. Mini reads the contents of the sets folder before reading the base files. We can abuse this to make it read content that we assign ourselves instead of what it would otherwise do.

The old decryption process used some third party software. In the case of jg2p09_00_00.pp, I used a software called SB3Utility to edit the H_Style.lst file without actually having to extract it. In the case of the animation archives... honestly, it's been so long that I can't remember. This is irrelevant, however; you won't need them for this method. What you will need is a software called ppexcli. This usually comes with the Mini download and can be located in ...\illusion\AA2MiniPPX\extra\.

Getting access to H_Style.lst is actually pretty easy now if you're using MCP/JMCP, as it comes with a ready-made, standalone iteration of the file that you can just pop into any text editor to futz with. The location will vary with whichever version of the mod you have. I'm using an iteration of JMCP 25.1, for example, and mine can be found in the following directory: ...\illusion\AA2MiniPPX\data\sets\!3drooms_futa_H_style_jmcp_patch_v25.1_modded\jg2p09_00_00\. Once you've found the file, follow the guide's instructions very carefully. That file is delicate and easy to break. Be especially cautious of the fact that it parses parameters by tab spaces for each line. This can be misleading! The top row (headers) suggest a row-column layout, but the name of any given pose can push all subsequent values in a row forward by one or more tab spaces if it's long enough. It's easy to flip a value that you weren't supposed to if you aren't paying attention!

Digressing, did you notice how the sets folder uses the same name as the old, original pp file (jg2p09_00_00)? That's by design. The game will read these first, and if it finds something that matches the structure it expects, it won't bother reading whatever is actually in the main Data.ppx file. This is important, because we're going to feed the client animations ripped from JMCP into a new sets folder for it to read.

Whichever version of MCP/JMCP you're using should have a respective .ppx file. For example, mine was called 23_JapaneseMCP_v25.1v2.ppx. You're going to want to extract the contents of this file using ppexcli. This will give you a bunch of .xa files. These are the animation files you were originally looking for! You can now stuff them into a sets folder of your making; you don't have to worry about encrypting them at all.

Now you need to name your new sets folder. The guide you were originally trying to follow suggests either including these new poses in the vaginal category or putting them into anal (if you're bothered by how cluttered the animation buttons get as a result of all of this). While the name you assign to the top folder (the one with the exclamation mark) is free for you to choose, the name of the subfolder will determine which archive/category your game client will be looking through for animation files, where vaginal is read as jg2p09_07_00 and anal is read as jg2p09_08_00. I personally am not much for butt stuff, so I actually deleted all of my anal poses (this was done in H_Style.lst; you don't need to do this if you'd like to keep them) and instead repurposed the whole category to contain foreplay animations. As a result, my folder structure ended up looking like this: ...\illusion\AA2MiniPPX\data\sets\!addlt_les_foreplay_anims\jg2p09_08_00\, where all of the .xa files from before are loaded into that jg2p09_08_00 folder.

Once you've got your animation files in place and your H_Style.lst designed to your tastes, you should be good to go.

I alluded to this before, but the advantage of all of this is that it gives you a nice level of creativity. You can pick and choose what poses you like, which ones you can live without, which ones fulfill what character preferences, and so on. It is a highly time-consuming process, but if you enjoy the game and put plenty of time into it as-is, I'd argue it's worth it.

Edit: Fixed a typo (again).

Last edited:
Reactions: AllasTimeOff

SilverSteve

Oct 16, 2017
so i'm new to this. windows 10 is my OS and win10fix just causes the game to crash. is there a work around to get this to work without the shitty lag?

@SillyIdiot

May 18, 2021
i forgot i had an account, lol.

anyways, does someone know how exactly the Sunday/Date Fashion modules works? tried to search about it, but nothing came. :unsure:

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
i forgot i had an account, lol.

anyways, does someone know how exactly the Sunday/Date Fashion modules works? tried to search about it, but nothing came. :unsure:
Cards can have different "styles" which are essentially alternate appearances that it can switch between. Styles can be added/removed from the General tab in the AA2Unlimited window in the editor. With the Date Fashion module, if the card has a "Date" style configured then it'll switch to that style whenever they go on a date, and for the Sunday Fashion module, if the card has a "Sunday" style configured then it'll switch to that style on Sundays.

Last edited:

Anon316

Jun 26, 2021
This is an unfortunate casualty of the advent of Mini. That guide assumes the game's data files still have their old infrastructure from the original game. In Mini, all of the game's files were condensed into a single file, Data.ppx.

Bear with me here. This is gonna be a long post. Additionally, I don't currently know how to get around this without MCP/JMCP, so if you aren't using one of them yet, I highly recommend it.

[...]
Thank you very much for your help. I do use JMCP, so I could follow some of the steps you describe.
However I've ran into two little problems :

1. My .lst files are unreadable, meaning that instead of japanese text I get funny unicode characters like ‹¹†‚Ý ˆ¤• so I don't feel comfortable editing the lst file safely
The example I took comes from [...]\AAUnlimited\sets\!3drooms_jmcp_patch_v25\jg2p09_00_00\H_style.lst
I tried to change my PC's language settings but nothing changed. Should I change the system locale ?

2. How am I supposed to extract the .ppx files ?
In the "Console" window of the launcher, I ran the command
Code:
ppexcli -e "C:\[...]\data\22_JapaneseMCP_v25.ppx" "C:\unpackfolder"
but I got a syntax error. More precisely I get
Code:
syntax error near '-'
Am I doing it wrong ? (the [...] is an actual path btw)

reyonathrow

Nov 27, 2019
1. My .lst files are unreadable, meaning that instead of japanese text I get funny unicode characters like ‹¹†‚Ý ˆ¤• so I don't feel comfortable editing the lst file safely
The example I took comes from [...]\AAUnlimited\sets\!3drooms_jmcp_patch_v25\jg2p09_00_00\H_style.lst
I tried to change my PC's language settings but nothing changed. Should I change the system locale ?
When you say it's "unreadable," do you mean the entire document displays nothing but broken Unicode? Or is it only the pose names/column headers (as those should be written in Japanese)? If it's the latter, yeah, try swapping your locale and give it another shot. That file should be fully editable in any standard text editor. I did all my edits in the default Notepad program, for perspective.

If the former... I admit I'm not sure how your game runs to begin with!

2. How am I supposed to extract the .ppx files ?
In the "Console" window of the launcher, I ran the command
Code:
ppexcli -e "C:\[...]\data\22_JapaneseMCP_v25.ppx" "C:\unpackfolder"
but I got a syntax error. More precisely I get
Code:
syntax error near '-'
Am I doing it wrong ? (the [...] is an actual path btw)
It looks like you're running cmd from your root, yes? I would suggest cd'ing to the directory where the ppexcli executable is (or, if your OS still has access to this, shift+right-click an empty spot within the folder and click "Open command console here;" I haven't tried this with PowerShell) then supply your paths from there. No need to include the disk name. What I did, for example, was just stuff the .ppx file into the ppexcli directory itself, then made a new output folder in the same directory. I then fed said new folder's name into the syntax.

To apply this to your example, let's say we put a copy of your 22_JapaneseMCP_v25.ppx into your ppexcli directory, and simultaneously also make a new output folder in the same location called "JMCP_Out" along with it. The syntax for this, assuming your command line is currently located in the same directory as the ppexcli executable, should then be
Code:
ppexcli -e "22_JapaneseMCP_v25.ppx" "JMCP_Out"
which, predictably, is substantially easier to feed into a command prompt than the full addresses.

I agree that the instruction file is a little misleading on this part. If you open up ppex_unpack.bat, you'll notice it uses %~dpn for the output, which means that you shouldn't need to supply the disk name. For the input, however, all it uses is %1, which... could mean just about anything. Meanwhile, the instruction file's suggested syntax does not use disk name for the input, but does use it for the output, yet here we are. I would be curious to see the executable's source.

Anon316

Jun 26, 2021
When you say it's "unreadable," do you mean the entire document displays nothing but broken Unicode?
So I changed the locale to japanese and it did not change, but I found out the option that caused a problem. I checked a beta UTF-8 code option in windows 10 which was the cause for characters not to appear properly.
Now everythings appears properly and I can edit my .lst files.

The syntax for this, assuming your command line is currently located in the same directory as the ppexcli executable, should then be
Code:
ppexcli -e "22_JapaneseMCP_v25.ppx" "JMCP_Out"
which, predictably, is substantially easier to feed into a command prompt than the full addresses.
Thanks, that was a path issue indeed ! Also the maj+click helped a lot for manipulations.

I made backups of important lst files, so I will be messing with those files a bit. I might post here again (whether I succeed or not).

Reactions: reyonathrow

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
WhatAZone No.

Besides, mods are only needed if you use custom cards - the game works fine without them.

Last edited:

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
matt4116 For starters, this already IS a "repack". Then, there is the multitude of mods somebody needs and somebody does not. Then there are AAU updates you need to keep track of and update your repack. And same for mods. The list goes on. Not to mention that you are basically going to be making a repack of a repack that is already being kept up to date.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes