Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I snipped some stuff out your post but kept most of it. I'll try to answer what I can identify.

Modules can make NPCs use condoms all the time, or make them cheat, or make them seek break-ups, or make them never collect LOVE to hook-up, or dynamically affect their virtue / strength / intelligence / body appearance properties / traits / sex orientation ... a heckin' ton of stuff, really.

There's more you can do with modules than the above. You can take a module and unpack it into its triggers. You can make more triggers, more globals, local scope variables. It takes a bit of time to figure out but once you do it's simple. The rigidity of selection between functions, ints, floats, and strings is annoying at first but it will become an on-rails experience that ensures you can make many things happen and feel like you're not overstepping bounds into what kind of variables and functions you should be using to get good results. When you become a master at working with modules you can use the import Lua function in triggers to get a more legitimate and powerful scripting option to integrate should you somehow need that when normal triggers and functions aren't enough.

I would recommend following the Modern Install Guide to the main module repository but I also got modules from at least 3 different user repository's on Stupid Hair's Google workbook full of spreadsheets full of links. The user repo links (mostly Mega Upload) are on maybe the first page you'd find as you're linked to it from the Modern Install Guide. I have by no means combed through all the user repos those I have a way to get through it slowly.

Oh, yeah-nah, I did not get around to making the LLDH check debug mod because we arrived at the conclusion that I'd have to check globals at conversation start and end and I didn't want to put up the effort to make and test such a mod yet. But it's totally possible and probably not even bad considering I've seen some modules manage near a dozen trigger flows with nearly as many globals. So 2 triggers and 4 or 8 globals isn't so bad.

Pro Tip: If you seek custom modules made by other people outside of what is in the main git repo, check all the folders and if you see any kind of archive nested in a folder in Mega then do not download everything in a batch, because Mega has weird behavior in which if an archive Mega creates on call absorbs any archive within itself the entire generated archive becomes corrupted and you'd barely get any files out of what you downloaded. So unfortunately if you see nested archives you have to handle those manually. You can call Mega to turn subfolders into archives if you don't see any archives nested in those subfolders. You'll probably want significant storage space allocated on an external HDD before you embark on gathering this stuff.
Alright. Will look into the modules to see what can be done with them. What bothers me about them, though, is that it seems i have to create a character to be able to apply the modules. I cant just edit a character and drop a few modules on top of it - that kind of kills my mood, since i have a severe lack on creativity on my side, so i will most likely create bland male characters (to use as PCs) and nothing more. Heh.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
[...]What bothers me about them, though, is that it seems i have to create a character to be able to apply the modules. I cant just edit a character and drop a few modules on top of it[...]
No, it is not true you can not add modules to characters that are already made. I have done that with a few simple characters I found online. Let me give you a step-by-step guide on getting started.

1. Start AA2Edit.exe, then Launch the editor
  2. Select either "Make Female Character" or "Make Male Character". Do not worry, this lets you load premade ones too.
  3. If you want to merely load a premade character, select Open File. If you want to start fresh, New Character.
  4. Congrats, you are now working on a premade character. Change anything you want.

It helps if you change the file name before you save so you don't overwrite the character you started with. AA2 )the game) can not read characters or outfits in subfolders so use subfolders to organize and store unused character cards and cloth files. AA2's editor lets you browse subdirectories so this is a good way to only access extra clutter when you need it.

When you're making fully-styled custom dressed characters you'll want to store your sets in folders per character. The editor lets you navigate to subfolders to apply outfits to each of the 4 slots per style. You can even save your character in a fully outfit so they are clothed on their card instead of naked! There is one notable problem though: every time you open and resave a character card, it will forget the clothes you gave it. So you have to re-apply the clothes to the 4 slots each time. So don't clothe the character until you're sure you've made a semi-final or final version to play with.

Styles combined with trigger calls let you make interesting appearance tricks for your character. You can make a character age-up from teenage to adult when put in the teacher slot, or make a character who is forgetful and walks to class in sloppy uniform until they're reminded to fix themselves up, or make a character who becomes corrupt/virtuous and changes outfit when they max out in either way, or make a character who visually transforms into a monster under certain criteria, etc.

Reactions: Monosomething

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
  1. Start AA2Edit.exe, then Launch the editor
  2. Select either "Make Female Character" or "Make Male Character". Do not worry, this lets you load premade ones too.
  3. If you want to merely load a premade character, select Open File. If you want to start fresh, New Character.
  4. Congrats, you are now working on a premade character. Change anything you want.
Oh, no, i knew how to bring up the characters in the editor. Its that the modules window wasnt there... until i alt-tabbed, and it showed (one window took priority over another and covered it, for some strange reason). So, yeah, i have access to the modules on any character i bring up. Though, i admit, i am starting slowly, since im only modifying my PC for now.

On a unrelated note: i have experienced a murder. First time for me, but it wasnt me who was the target. Just some poor school slut. Wonder what the guy that killed her was upset about? My guess is - his dick was too small, she laughed him out of the room, and that got him ticked off, since (i believe) he was one of two guys the chick didnt fuck. Rest in pepperoni school slut - you were a lot of fun when my lover went home early...

Discorder

Oct 15, 2020
Hello newbie here I'm wondering when downloading the AAUlimited package does it also download the AA2Play.exe and AA2 edit because their not showing up in my folder and now I'm at a lost on what to do next.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Discorder No, it does not download those because they are not part of AAU, to begin with. Those executables reside in your , not your AAU folder.

Discorder

Oct 15, 2020
Tsugumi do you know where can I get the main game since I don't see it anywhere I just see AAU mod or is included in the mod itself

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Monosomething, I'm fine-tuning some modules on... a 4th WIP character. Yes, I got pretty far on char 3 and want to wrap it up but embarked on a teacher with the goal of making a solid one and am working on interesting parts that I can put into useful modules. The 3rd character is featured with corruption evolution, style changes, some functional supernatural touches, and more. The teacher (4th) will be simpler but very featured and something I can share given the assumption that the player has downloaded the appropriate module pack, clothing pack, and personality mods. For that last bit, I can just make a version with a different personality for compatibility--4th char currently uses AA1 Faithful but I can reasonably set it to use AA2 Aloof.

One of the practical modules I'm working is in-dev named "Enticing Caress", which if the character that has this module successfully performs a caress (headpat) or touch (grope) action on an NPC, that NPC loses the Class Prez trait and gains the Easygoing trait.

However I need player gameplay info to balance an AI addition I have planned; I intend to make it so that if this character is an NPC and is targeting another NPC for an interaction and the target has the Class Prez trait, and their current action in queue is not a caress or touch, and if the target's love/like of this character is high enough, cancel their current action then try for either a caress or touch. Thus the "Enticing Caress" NPC can wipe the danger that a Class Prez trait NPC would pose. Note that this is going on a Teacher who might themselves have the Class Prez trait so they'll be a hypocrite, but I intend to change their personality through fine-tuning of the "Pervy Lover" module so they'll drop this trait and develop other lustful changes, including lowering their virtue from 5 to 3, and after more sexual activity potentially lower.

So the information I need to go along with this module's planning is: how much love/like/dislike/hate do you see for NPCs you do not treat as romance targets and only treat as classmates? What is the expectation for the average classmate's relationship to another average classmate for how many positive points one of them should have to attempt to "brainwash" away the Class Prez's alarm behavior?

I know Tsugumi indicated to just turn off interruptions if you wanna be lazy about it but I like interruptions because they bring chaos. I just want a semi-immersive and game-like way to nullify the Class Prez Teacher report alarm.

Reactions: Monosomething
Feb 21, 2019
The ai is fucked in this game.
I wanted a battle royale so I put 5 murderous males and one female. Most of them barely talk to her. I even cheated to make everyone horny. But they wont bite.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
The ai is fucked in this game.
I wanted a battle royale so I put 5 murderous males and one female. Most of them barely talk to her. I even cheated to make everyone horny. But they wont bite.
Sounds like you need higher socialization ranks on more characters, at the very least. Consider adding traits that make socialization happen more often with traits that lower success chances for interactions. Then consider modules / triggers that make interactions happen more frequently or call for specific interactions.

Modules seem to have a major effect -- I downloaded some cards with modules and custom triggers implemented on them already, and the class was dynamic and dangerous from the start. Shame I don't have time to write down where I got every little thing from, by start from the Modern Install guide and sift through the Mega repos on Stupid Hair's Google doc workbook of spreadsheets.

Mar 28, 2022
Have you used the download from this site or the ? If you used the F95 link - your game is outdated heavily, which causes mods not to work (including clothing mods). As for the customization... eh. I guess keep marking one at a time and see if the game launches. If you managed to mark enough of them and the game launches without turning into a cloud of errors, pack it and stash it as a rollback point. Im running the bare minimum, as far as this game goes, so cant really say which customizations work/dont work. Maybe someone else can pick up, where i left off?
i followed everything in
my game freezed and doesn't even open the main game and stuck at the launcher
What happened? 1700845116314.png

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
mybalsitch2611 The game takes a long time to start: some people I asked claimed ~30 seconds, my worst experience was over a minute (off an SSD). So, either you are being impatient or you are at a point where you need to start removing mods until the game works again. Goes without saying if you did read M.I.G., but make sure the game starts before adding any mods.

Welcome to troubleshooting. ;)

Reactions: JustAl
Mar 28, 2022
mybalsitch2611 The game takes a long time to start: some people I asked claimed ~30 seconds, my worst experience was over a minute (off an SSD). So, either you are being impatient or you are at a point where you need to start removing mods until the game works again. Goes without saying if you did read M.I.G., but make sure the game starts before adding any mods.

i watched a 30 minutes video, game still in that not responding state. so yeah lol

Feb 21, 2019
The black screens between shifts take longer and longer.
Sounds like you need higher socialization ranks on more characters, at the very least. Consider adding traits that make socialization happen more often with traits that lower success chances for interactions. Then consider modules / triggers that make interactions happen more frequently or call for specific interactions.

Modules seem to have a major effect -- I downloaded some cards with modules and custom triggers implemented on them already, and the class was dynamic and dangerous from the start. Shame I don't have time to write down where I got every little thing from, by start from the Modern Install guide and sift through the Mega repos on Stupid Hair's Google doc workbook of spreadsheets.
Yeah I bumped up the sociability of them all.
I guess introverts are a shying breed.

Mar 28, 2022
i did everything right but i still can't use modded outfit despite downloading from
or is there a weird ass way to customize outfit in this game?

Koma1105

Apr 10, 2023

Well, mine takes a long time to enter, now it doesn't want to show the sex scenes, every time I tell my character to have sex, the game closes. What can I do?

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
What can I do?
My first step would be to switch PC control to another character, and try to initiate a sex scene with your first PC chara. If it crashes: initiate a sex scene with two different characters, i.e., a scene that does NOT involve the first PC chara. If it crashes: the problem is with the game somewhere - the point here is that you remove the PC character from the "is it broken?" list. If the game crashes in each of those scenarios, then

you are at a point where you need to start removing mods until the game works again.

Reactions: Koma1105

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
The black screens between shifts take longer and longer.
Yeah I bumped up the sociability of them all.
I guess introverts are a shying breed.
, so check for its presence and remove it if you want more socializing.

I can't relate from my install--having all seats of the roster filled all the time with wacky behavior on many cards makes things happen. I recommend you don't prematurely end periods too soon--I'm not aware of AI simulating any events outside of NPCs walking up to each other and doing things.

At the end of the day the game feels different because card departures from school makes less stuff happen due to fewer cards around, but it's also a time to have sex without many characters noticing.

If you want stupid amounts of violence I highly recommend applying the Loathsome module to start characters with hate and dislike, and Dark Semen module makes any card that has sex with that card gain the Evil trait. Then add some modules that promote negative gossip. Try Serial Killer and Mass Murderer if you want more death in general. When someone gets attacked, you will know.

. Note that there are , but you should get a nice and solid common core from that first link, and find more in that second link.

I'm not sure if modules could ever be added to installations by installing a card that is checked in the editor to pack its assets inside of itself, but people who share cards typically get around the need to have modules installed by simply unpacking their modules and having the triggers float unpacked in the card itself. It's convenient for sharing but doesn't allow module updates to take place inside the card if the user installs newer modules versions then presses the button in the editor to update modules.

Last edited:
Reactions: entomology1233
Aug 31, 2021
anyone know where to find the personalities from hexapp? it's kinda outdated and you either get the 2 make/play folders I can't work out, or the pp2 files that dont work with ppex.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I'm not aware of AI simulating any events outside of NPCs walking up to each other and doing things.
Im fairly certain the game does not simulate out-of-sight events. Everyone can rest easy, knowing that your lover isnt cucking you when you skip through break periods or studying. However, if an action between NPCs has already begun when you started studying or passed the time, it will register as finished or complete during the next time the game is "unpaused" from skipping/studying...

Reactions: JustAl
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes