JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
This answer saddens me, since it is apparent that the only modding the community did to this game is merely cosmetic. One would think, that after almost a decade of existence, the modding community would make total conversions, add new animations and mechanics or deeply change the already existing mechanics (ie: the player is missing a TON of interaction options, that only the AI capable of having). Oh well. Gotta wait till the release of AA3. Heard its going to release alongside Half Life 3, so not that long to go...
Hold on.

"Community" has a wide range of members. The entirety of the file format base for importing new models (like clothing, faces, hairstyles, etc), suntan overlays, translations, modern OS fixes, cache cleaner, unrestricted editor values for skin color and amount of preferences, more male body variants, more personalities, the entire modules section, game compression, extended support with lua and json, and a certain vague "and more" are all mod-added aspects of the game.

Yes, the game would be much weaker without mods. Yes, popular repacks make it easy for users to ignore the significant amount of post-release effort users have contributed to make the game better. Yes, without thinking about how the game was before mod support you'd think aesthetics is all that's ever been added. However...

Other than stability, compression, imported AA1 / Koikatsu (Space Case personality) voice packs, and the entire modules section, yes the game feels close to how it was originally. It's less about effort and more about feasibility. 32 bit memory addresses are so much more shallow and easy to fill that adding more content to the game works against the goal of ultimately making the game more stable. It's why AA2 still often uses 512 textures whenever it can, with 1k being considered really good and 2k being considered extreme. If there's too much stuff in memory the game ceases to run. Users don't configure the game to be the same and we don't have anything close to the convenience of Better Repack's automated file updating for largely homogenizing installs between users. For AA2 to even be running on modern systems is a modder's accomplishment.

So yes, considering the limitations what we have is pretty good. A Franken-Katsu to handle a new AA3 mod would be a good dream but it's not trivial. Considering how painful it is when people try to mod "The Sims" into something fast-and-fun, and considering the intense strain a game environment like "Skyrim" experiences when a modder piles scripts onto NPCs to make characters go from using fairly light "AI" by simply reaching for simple behavior packages on a schedule to them calling for a much bigger set of packages via management of local/global variables and local/global arrays, AA2 still feels fun despite being released in 2014, close to a decade ago. Y'know, now that we're at the age when AI has finally left PhD programs and bootcamps we might actually see these previously unfeasible projects become a reality. But for now, an improved AA2 base that breaks out of 32 bit to 64 bit or a modded Koikatsu that becomes AA3 is not feasible for a ragged group of unpaid and mostly untrained hobbyists.

Last edited:

Red246

Jan 4, 2022
Red246 Are you saying you installed the uncensor mod wrong?
? all stuff included in the download works, there is no uncensore mod, 3d scenes are censored, and thats it, i don t know if you just have a different version or what, but the main download is just a censored version

edit: yes mod/patch was apied and it does nothing like i said

Last edited:

Zadke

Nov 21, 2017
? all stuff included in the download works, there is no uncensore mod, 3d scenes are censored, and thats it, i don t know if you just have a different version or what, but the main download is just a censored version

edit: yes mod/patch was apied and it does nothing like i said
If you really READ all the guide well yeah theres an uncensor mod you need to download besides the torrent (the game) 1702757611304.png if you install it well you only need to check the MKIII/CIV option in the launcher

Reactions: JustAl

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
So, im writing this down, while i still remember:

The game has a really scummy mechanic related to LLDH between NPCs and the player. I have never paid attention to *how* NPCs gain LLDH - only how to counter it (if im about to get cucked, for example) and what each LLDH threshold holds, in terms of NPC behavior. I have noticed something similar before, but it never clicked with me, why this happens or what causes it.

Apparently, NPCs may suddenly gain LLDH out of nowhere. Specifically - love count. What gave it away, initially, was one of the lean homo chicks gaining a lot of love count with some random guy she, apparently, never even heard of - ive checked to see the stats of the two NPCs and, sure enough, both the guy and the dyke had over 14 love towards each other, without any interactions between them. I know rumors, alright? I wrote the book on them, figuratively speaking. But no amount of concentrated good rumor spam will ever do that, especially since good and bad rumors operate with like and dislike points, not love or hate points.

While i was testing something else recently, i have become lovers with a high virtue chick on thursday, first week (the game is still ongoing - havent reached the testing phase yet; will post results on that later). At the time, ive still had to wait till saturday to actually do more than just talk to the girl - so i just kept her entertained with the contact tab. In the meantime, i was checking whether anybody has made moves on her, while i wasnt watching, and the answer was - no. I was the only one. In fact, all the other guys managed to achieve is to piss my girl off a few times, raking in about 3 dislike and 3 hate per, on average.

Suddenly, before friday - out of the blue, i notice my girl has the "i think i like them" status towards one of the other guys. Curious, i checked the LLDH of both my girl and the guy - shes got 11 love count out of thin air. I made sure it was "out of thin air" by checking QtEdit - her only interaction with the guy was a single "praise", which succeeded. The guy, on the other hand, got 8 love points towards her - not enough to push him into "i think i like them" status (especially since his other points were dislikes and hates), but enough to not ignore her; he succeeded on a few interactions, but the interactions he used do not actually increase love count. Just some other random stuff. His only "talk about love" interaction failed, hence the dislikes and hates (there was another factor for the hates, but i will get to that later, if i wont forget).

On the same day (friday) my girl asked that guy out to eat - as we know - this interaction is a two dice roll clusterfuck - first you roll whether the NPC will accept, then you roll again, whether you get love or like points afterwards. The guy got lucky (or used the NPCs exclusive ability to see the outcome of certain interactions) and got love count out of that, so on saturday their love count increased to:

11 for the guy (+3 due to the restaurant invite)
14 for my girl (+3 reason as above).

At this point, with both of them having "i think i like them" status, i started to pay attention to how this develops, with the obvious intention of nuking it, if it were to get out of hand (it probably will, but i didnt get there yet). Theyve had some interactions on saturday, but the guy being a stupid NPC went in heavy handed, asking to fuck her, date her, pet her and such - i was present during most of those interactions (hey, im not overly controlling - im just checking whether everything is in order :) ) and since none of them succeeded, i gave it a rest. At the end of saturday, i checked QtEdit again (i also checked the statue, but that thing is so flawed im not even gonna get into that here). Apparently, out of all those failed interactions, the LLDH change was:

21 for the guy (fucked if i know how - he gained 10 love count out of nowhere)
19 for my girl (ditto - all of the guys interactions failed, while she didnt interact with him at all, so its still just a single praise and a restaurant invite)

Sunday came and went, since they didnt get to interact with each other (ive had a date set up with my girl and the guy wasnt present in the evening, so - no interaction). This is where my spiel will end - im about to get into monday now, but im sure they will get into the lover status on monday. Im not worried - nuking this, whilst having 3 days to do so (she is high virtue, after all) is so easy its not even worth mentioning.

Ah, the reason why my girl got hate towards the guy - other than failed interactions - the guy is in a relationship with some chick, whom he fucked in the open. Each time people run out screaming from a scene like this, apparently they gain 1 dislike and 1 hate towards the fucking couple. Something to keep in mind when playing and thinking the game simulates out-of-sight events - it doesnt. Theres a reason for everything: either rumors shifting LLDH in one way or another, or dislike and hate from witnessing sex in the open. Strangely, i also tried to get into the same girls pants (the one "the guy" was dating) but since she has lowest sociability, my chances to interact have been cut by half (i mean, talking about food or some shit only had 44% chance to succeed - makes you wonder how a stupid NPC like "the guy" managed to get a relationship with her, while i couldnt. I suspect its the same mechanic in action here, though i havent been paying attention to that one). I also noticed this scummy LLDH behavior working in my favor - not in this game, but still: in that game, ive had 3 sluts present in the class. I only interacted with two of them, while the third i left alone (she was, surprisingly, in a relationship, so i left her be). My only interaction with the third slut was, i think, something about cute bunnies or weather - she was a pure hetero chick, so she gained no LLDH (as expected). What tipped me off about this random love gain, was that at some point, that slut would run up and interrupt me, whenever i tried to speak to... anyone, really. Again - only interaction was "friend" oriented, so no LLDH. This confused me, since she had no reason to even like me, but apparently her status claimed "overflowing love!".

I was, like, "what? bitch, i dont even know you!". Apparently (i did check that in QtEdit, since it was so odd), shes gained 22 love points towards me. Me? As expected - 0 LLDH, or rather, some dislikes or hate due to her interrupting me. Really strange.

Something to keep in mind - while dislikes and hates are legit, love count might not be. Its a really awful mechanic, by the way - giving someone love count just so they can cuck you, but im just posting what i find. "Spare the messenger" and all that...

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
So, im writing this down, while i still remember:

The game has a really scummy mechanic related to LLDH between NPCs and the player. I have never paid attention to *how* NPCs gain LLDH - only how to counter it (if im about to get cucked, for example) and what each LLDH threshold holds, in terms of NPC behavior. I have noticed something similar before, but it never clicked with me, why this happens or what causes it.

Apparently, NPCs may suddenly gain LLDH out of nowhere. Specifically - love count. What gave it away, initially, was one of the lean homo chicks gaining a lot of love count with some random guy she, apparently, never even heard of - ive checked to see the stats of the two NPCs and, sure enough, both the guy and the dyke had over 14 love towards each other, without any interactions between them. I know rumors, alright? I wrote the book on them, figuratively speaking. But no amount of concentrated good rumor spam will ever do that, especially since good and bad rumors operate with like and dislike points, not love or hate points.

While i was testing something else recently, i have become lovers with a high virtue chick on thursday, first week (the game is still ongoing - havent reached the testing phase yet; will post results on that later). At the time, ive still had to wait till saturday to actually do more than just talk to the girl - so i just kept her entertained with the contact tab. In the meantime, i was checking whether anybody has made moves on her, while i wasnt watching, and the answer was - no. I was the only one. In fact, all the other guys managed to achieve is to piss my girl off a few times, raking in about 3 dislike and 3 hate per, on average.

Suddenly, before friday - out of the blue, i notice my girl has the "i think i like them" status towards one of the other guys. Curious, i checked the LLDH of both my girl and the guy - shes got 11 love count out of thin air. I made sure it was "out of thin air" by checking QtEdit - her only interaction with the guy was a single "praise", which succeeded. The guy, on the other hand, got 8 love points towards her - not enough to push him into "i think i like them" status (especially since his other points were dislikes and hates), but enough to not ignore her; he succeeded on a few interactions, but the interactions he used do not actually increase love count. Just some other random stuff. His only "talk about love" interaction failed, hence the dislikes and hates (there was another factor for the hates, but i will get to that later, if i wont forget).

On the same day (friday) my girl asked that guy out to eat - as we know - this interaction is a two dice roll clusterfuck - first you roll whether the NPC will accept, then you roll again, whether you get love or like points afterwards. The guy got lucky (or used the NPCs exclusive ability to see the outcome of certain interactions) and got love count out of that, so on saturday their love count increased to:

11 for the guy (+3 due to the restaurant invite)
14 for my girl (+3 reason as above).

At this point, with both of them having "i think i like them" status, i started to pay attention to how this develops, with the obvious intention of nuking it, if it were to get out of hand (it probably will, but i didnt get there yet). Theyve had some interactions on saturday, but the guy being a stupid NPC went in heavy handed, asking to fuck her, date her, pet her and such - i was present during most of those interactions (hey, im not overly controlling - im just checking whether everything is in order :) ) and since none of them succeeded, i gave it a rest. At the end of saturday, i checked QtEdit again (i also checked the statue, but that thing is so flawed im not even gonna get into that here). Apparently, out of all those failed interactions, the LLDH change was:

21 for the guy (fucked if i know how - he gained 10 love count out of nowhere)
19 for my girl (ditto - all of the guys interactions failed, while she didnt interact with him at all, so its still just a single praise and a restaurant invite)

Sunday came and went, since they didnt get to interact with each other (ive had a date set up with my girl and the guy wasnt present in the evening, so - no interaction). This is where my spiel will end - im about to get into monday now, but im sure they will get into the lover status on monday. Im not worried - nuking this, whilst having 3 days to do so (she is high virtue, after all) is so easy its not even worth mentioning.
Tuesday - they didnt get to the lover status. I made sure of that.
Untitled1.png

...and then things returned to normal.
Untitled.png

Still images suck, but you dont need to be a genius to figure out shes waving her ass at me.

I am the LLDH builder - if i can build it, i can also dismantle it. Quicker than the game can cheat.

As for the test ive mentioned in the previous post? It failed. It was about the card ive mentioned, where the guy never used a condom - i have copied his preferences and traits, thinking theres something happening there, but nope. Tried to have sex and was forced into condom use regardless. Cross that one out.

Someone make me a module that removes condom use for the (male) card that uses it! PLEASE!

Arde645

Apr 30, 2018
Actually somewhat fascinating.

If you wanted to do more testing, have you considered using the Ahrie trainer? It's basically like a real-time QtEdit, though it does require that the game have a "location" set which can be done with a simple Regedit
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\illusion\AA2Play]
"INSTALLDIR"="X:\\InstallLocation"
"PRODUCTNAME"="ジンコウガクエン2"
"VERSION"=dword:00000064

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\illusion\AA2Edit]
"PRODUCTNAME"="ジンコウガクエン2 きゃらめいく"
It should also allow you to set whether a condom gets used during an encounter.

EDIT: Keep in mind that this was originally made for the original game, and basically died when HongFire did (I actually think it died before HongFire did :V). The program will lock-up if you don't let it finish loading.

EDIT^2: In case anyone was confused by the Regedit thing, the install location is the folder where the AA2Play and AA2Edit files are. So an example would be:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Actually somewhat fascinating.

If you wanted to do more testing, have you considered using the Ahrie trainer? It's basically like a real-time QtEdit, though it does require that the game have a "location" set which can be done with a simple Regedit
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\illusion\AA2Play]
"PRODUCTNAME"="ジンコウガクエン2"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\illusion\AA2Edit]
"PRODUCTNAME"="ジンコウガクエン2 きゃらめいく"
It should also allow you to set whether a condom gets used during an encounter.

EDIT: Keep in mind that this was originally made for the original game, and basically died when HongFire did (I actually think it died before HongFire did :V). The program will lock-up if you don't let it finish loading.
I will take a look. Thanks.

Lolindir17

Jul 10, 2018
I really love this game, but I think one of its biggest downsides is its character creator, it's so complex and not very user friendly and I think that severely limits the potential for the game.

I hope one day they make an extra program to basically be a better character creator with much easier tools to customize the characters, something more akin to the ones Koikatsu or the Honey games have, I think it would inject a lot of life to the game.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
A little update on the "mystery mechanic" that raises love count randomly.

I was just doing my thing, fooling around with the "seducer" module. Its the second week and... look at this:
Untitled.png
Untitled1.png

Two chicks.

First pic: right side - second from the top.
Second pic: marked with the cursor, middle, second from the bottom.

Very little interaction between the two girls and their "suitors". High love count. Looks like this mechanic is more prevalent than i initially thought. Funnily, the first chick likes all 4 of those guys, but the second one friendzoned all of them, cos shes a dyke LMAO. The rest of the girls in class got no such attention from anybody but myself (the seducing teacher, fucking all the girls without relationships). Disgusting... although i can kinda understand why this mechanic is there - the AI in this game is so godawful, that in order for any relationship to form, the devs had to improvise. Otherwise you would have a class either fighting each other non stop, or be stuck with the "Dont know" status for eternity...

...still a shitty mechanic. Shame on the devs. Make the AI better, dont give it handicaps.
Wonder what a class would look like if this game had multiplayer...

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
[...] Wonder what a class would look like if this game had multiplayer [...]
We already kinda had such a game, and the results are what anyone would suspect.
There was an awesome FPS shooter game called "The Ship", that was like multiplayer Sims, 'cept players had to covertly assassinate each other with a shuffling list of weapons to out-earn all other players for a high-score by the end of the round. "Was" is unfortunately true of this game's status, legal contract prevents anyone from updating the game or making a direct sequel.

How's that work? Manage your needs to eat, sleep, shit, bathe, and socialize all while hunting your quarry as you evade your hunter without getting caught or murdering people carelessly. You tend to die if you don't fulfill your needs. Yes, even the weirdly harmless-sounding bathing deprivation will kill you in cartoonish fashion as flies consume you.

What's up with those last 2 caveats? First if you get caught you get fined money, and money is your high score so by getting caught doing anything incriminating like attacking or holding an obvious weapon in your hands you start losing, though holstering hides weapons and you can carry 2. After being fined you're in this map's jail, unable to hunt your quarry and easily trackable by your pursuer who can shoot you through the prison's bar gate door or a window if you're careless. Or he can simply wait in front of the door you'd exit from. Or he can even do crime on purpose to get in, be lucky enough to find a shank, then kill you right there. So sometimes purposely losing a bit gets you closer to winning if you're smart.

You can stay alive by changing your disguise regularly to throw off the tracker for a bit before it relearns your last disguise and location. You are also permitted to kill your pursuer as your quarry is permitted to kill you without a score malus. If you kill an innocent who is logically unconnected with you, you lose money.

It turns out stupid players really do deathmatch and lose for the hell of it. Actual deathmatch wasn't popular in a game that was so unique, though as a game this old and unique was also really fuckin' dead online the wannabe deathmatchers just hop into a hunt game and ruin it anyway.

So... yeah. If this game had multiplayer you'd bet trolls would gank you to kingdom come repeatedly. This is why we can't have nice things.

Although I swear the above could be made into a VR Chat modded game mode. I'm surprised I've not heard of demand for such a thing but I would not be surprised if it already existed or was currently a project in development.

Reactions: Monosomething

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
So... yeah. If this game had multiplayer you'd bet trolls would gank you to kingdom come repeatedly. This is why we can't have nice things.
Hahaha. Yes, i can clearly see that happening. Repeatedly. In every single game.

"Hey look, its THAT guy again. Oh fuck, hes making moves on my girl!"
"Go over there and start fighting him! Then he wont be ab... wait, hes making moves on my girl too?! Motherf..."

And so on. It would still be amusing, if only for a little while... most importantly - it would bypass the awful AI behavior of this game, so no "mystery mechanics" would be necessary.

EDIT: Hate double posting, so im just gonna edit this and ask:

Has anybody tested what happens, when you put the singleminded trait on a lowest virtue card? Does the card refuse sex with others than their lover? The wiki claims a singleminded card will reject attempts at hugging, groping and kissing, but says nothing about sex. Anyone? Testing this should literally be a few minutes, but maybe someone already did, so it doesnt hurt to ask.

Last edited:

Malik177

Jul 23, 2022
is there any batch file or tool that can change the textures to their reg japanese name? I'm using the ppx version of aa2.
I downloaded the textures from tot's patreon and all the files don't have their correct names. Because everytime I boot the game the other textures won't show up when I change the dress texture or underwear

Nicorondo

Feb 5, 2021
Anyone know how to get male voices in the H scenes? what mod do i have to download and how do i download it properly?

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Anyone know how to get male voices in the H scenes? what mod do i have to download and how do i download it properly?
I don't remember for sure off the top of my head but I recall Japanese More Cum Poses (JMCP) with various options to choose from, including a male cum poses pack and male voice pack + game tweak (makes males moan).

There's a lot of documentation to read on the way to a working install, just take care. Leave JMCP for last because it's the hardest mod to install yet it's not necessary. That mod includes your male / futa sex options.

Reactions: M_e_* and Nicorondo

Lolindir17

Jul 10, 2018

I think only some of the male voices are avaiable to be listened during H scenes, but not all of them, I can tell you that the Robot one at least can be heard during H scenes.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Has anybody tested what happens, when you put the singleminded trait on a lowest virtue card? Does the card refuse sex with others than their lover? The wiki claims a singleminded card will reject attempts at hugging, groping and kissing, but says nothing about sex. Anyone? Testing this should literally be a few minutes, but maybe someone already did, so it doesnt hurt to ask.
Untitled1.png

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes