JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
How do i edit characters outfits and their bodies?
I go into the edit tool but i dont see it
First, load a character. "Make X Character" where X is gender, if it's a new one press that button. If you're changing one press Open File and open their card.

Next, I'll talk about changing bodies first since that's simpler to do in the editor.
The normal no mods way is the original editor buttons above. Figure to start with. Browse the editors, lots of stuff there.

The AA2MiniPPX build adds stuff for body editing. It's in a new secondary window that's only on top when the editor is actively being used, to click the editor to make sure you see it. Click to another tab then back to General to get that tab to populate; yes it's jank, bear with just 1 button press though.

You will now see buttons! Bundle mod files, Set X .cloth in Styles outfits, AAU switchable styles, Style data transfer, etc.
Okay, we're going to put this aside for now. You want the Body Slider tab for now. Self-explanatory, slide stuff or input your own number and see body shape changes in the main window.

Now for clothing... this sucks more than it should. Bear with it though!

You must save your complete-enough character card now for later. Yeah, no clothes besides whatever AA2 puts for default bodies or the clothes that someone else put there, sure. Go boot the actual game now. See the class roster at night, put the card in a roster slot, click them, and press the wardrobe button.

Yup, you're putting clothes on them now. But you want them permanently in the card with clothes showing in their picture? We'll get there.

For now, make a pretty outfit. Then save the outfit to file. It will manifest as a .cloth file we'll refer to later. Make sure you have an outfit file for Uniform, Sports, Swimsuit, and Club. Yes, it doesn't matter what they're actually wearing in each tab right now. Yes, you can be lazy and shortcut like consider using the uniform.cloth file again for the club outfit or such. We'll get there.

Now open the editor again, open the card you published earlier again, and this time you'll browse for the .cloth files and put them in. The last one put on is the one the character will wear in their published card thumbnail so make sure you put the uniform cloth on last if you want that as typical. Save the card (new version number or not, whatever) and boot the game up again. If you saved the game when you put the character in with their "old" clothing state that started naked / default, remove the character and put them in again using your newest card. Now they have the clothes you made for them from the start!

It's a nifty relic of a game with great mod support but both of those aspects come with minor jank to manage. Have fun!

Note: Be mindful of modules that deal with styles! You need extra care to make styles for them. A style is a whole duplication of the style it is based on, that caries the entire body, all the sliders, all the buttons except personality stuff, and all the colors of the original. You can do cool stuff here like plan a character who transforms into a monster when people have enough intelligence to see through their disguise, or make a character who becomes an adult when they're put into the teacher slot, or make a character who becomes visibly pregnant or a character who likes to change clothes on certain conditions. Styles are complicated to plan for since you need to be mindful that combining more than 1 style-managing mod won't glitch another mod that's managing styles, but it's not hard to do when you understand the logic. You can use the same logic in custom triggers to make character change personality / voice tone / traits with conditions and such through gameplay actions.

Last edited:
Reactions: bloodbirthe

ninjajay2417

Jul 30, 2018
First, load a character. "Make X Character" where X is gender, if it's a new one press that button. If you're changing one press Open File and open their card.

Next, I'll talk about changing bodies first since that's simpler to do in the editor.
The normal no mods way is the original editor buttons above. Figure to start with. Browse the editors, lots of stuff there.

The AA2MiniPPX build adds stuff for body editing. It's in a new secondary window that's only on top when the editor is actively being used, to click the editor to make sure you see it. Click to another tab then back to General to get that tab to populate; yes it's jank, bear with just 1 button press though.

You will now see buttons! Bundle mod files, Set X .cloth in Styles outfits, AAU switchable styles, Style data transfer, etc.
Okay, we're going to put this aside for now. You want the Body Slider tab for now. Self-explanatory, slide stuff or input your own number and see body shape changes in the main window.

Now for clothing... this sucks more than it should. Bear with it though!

You must save your complete-enough character card now for later. Yeah, no clothes besides whatever AA2 puts for default bodies or the clothes that someone else put there, sure. Go boot the actual game now. See the class roster at night, put the card in a roster slot, click them, and press the wardrobe button.

Yup, you're putting clothes on them now. But you want them permanently in the card with clothes showing in their picture? We'll get there.

For now, make a pretty outfit. Then save the outfit to file. It will manifest as a .cloth file we'll refer to later. Make sure you have an outfit file for Uniform, Sports, Swimsuit, and Club. Yes, it doesn't matter what they're actually wearing in each tab right now. Yes, you can be lazy and shortcut like consider using the uniform.cloth file again for the club outfit or such. We'll get there.

Now open the editor again, open the card you published earlier again, and this time you'll browse for the .cloth files and put them in. The last one put on is the one the character will wear in their published card thumbnail so make sure you put the uniform cloth on last if you want that as typical. Save the card (new version number or not, whatever) and boot the game up again. If you saved the game when you put the character in with their "old" clothing state that started naked / default, remove the character and put them in again using your newest card. Now they have the clothes you made for them from the start!

It's a nifty relic of a game with great mod support but both of those aspects come with minor jank to manage. Have fun!

Note: Be mindful of modules that deal with styles! You need extra care to make styles for them. A style is a whole duplication of the style it is based on, that caries the entire body, all the sliders, all the buttons except personality stuff, and all the colors of the original. You can do cool stuff here like plan a character who transforms into a monster when people have enough intelligence to see through their disguise, or make a character who becomes an adult when they're put into the teacher slot, or make a character who becomes visibly pregnant or a character who likes to change clothes on certain conditions. Styles are complicated to plan for since you need to be mindful that combining more than 1 style-managing mod won't glitch another mod that's managing styles, but it's not hard to do when you understand the logic. You can use the same logic in custom triggers to make character change personality / voice tone / traits with conditions and such through gameplay actions.
Oh yea im remembering now, wow not a lot of selections in clothes, cant even change some shirts weird.
Any idea where the clothes mods are? Or extra hair mods?
I did the big mod download listed here but didnt change much

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Oh yea im remembering now, wow not a lot of selections in clothes, cant even change some shirts weird.
Any idea where the clothes mods are? Or extra hair mods?
I did the big mod download listed here but didnt change much
They're definitely in the Modern Install Guide. The clothes pack ppx file should contain all clothing mods currently released for AA2, and there's definitely a lot of hair too -- hair comes in 0 or 1 states, which usually just flips the model sideways (for bangs) but can also completely change the hair model. Also face variations to choose in the editor. There are also body model overrides but that's more complicated.

Note that regarding clothes the modded game doesn't have full support for the thin or fat bodies, but you can use the modded body sliders to emulate a different body than the normal one through sliders, to get a fake thin or fat body out of it.

ninjajay2417

Jul 30, 2018
They're definitely in the Modern Install Guide. The clothes pack ppx file should contain all clothing mods currently released for AA2, and there's definitely a lot of hair too -- hair comes in 0 or 1 states, which usually just flips the model sideways (for bangs) but can also completely change the hair model. Also face variations to choose in the editor. There are also body model overrides but that's more complicated.
Maybe im not putting them in the right spot? Cause im not seeing any when i put them in AAunlimited folder

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Maybe im not putting them in the right spot? Cause im not seeing any when i put them in AAunlimited folder
Maybe, but NGL I wasn't expecting tech support time so... maybe I'll be slow on an expanded answer. There's definitely modded clothing though. I recommend following the Modern Install Guide until you find a MediaFire link full of mods. The clothes one is in there, along with instructions on how it should be installed.

Although I don't know how many clothes you're expecting. There's good variety for a 9 (going on 10) year old game still in 32bit, but not like Better Repack Honey Select 2 or Koikatsu level amounts of modded clothing.

Reactions: ninjajay2417

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
What the links to the mods? One that doesnt require a premium package preferably

Warning: There are archive files (7z) in this Mega repository. Do not blindly use the tool to bundle all contents into a zip, because if Mega's zip tool encounters an archive file of any kind the archive breaks.

I recommend you make a folder for this stuff manually, check which folders have archives (zip / rar / 7z / etc), then select the other folders but the ones that don't have archives using Ctrl + left click. Then go after the archives manually.

Also I know there was a MediaFire link in the guide at some point. Maybe I misremembered where I got the clothing mods from. But the guide probably does update occasionally. Simply read it through every time to catch the changes.

Koma1105

Apr 10, 2023
Meu primeiro passo seria mudar o controle do PC para outro personagem e tentar iniciar uma cena de sexo com seu primeiro personagem do PC. Se travar: inicie uma cena de sexo com dois personagens diferentes, ou seja, uma cena que NÃO envolva o primeiro personagem do PC. Se ele travar: o problema está em algum lugar do jogo - o objetivo aqui é que você remova o personagem do PC da seção "está quebrado?" lista. Se o jogo travar em cada um desses cenários, então
[/CITAR]
Oh man, I had So bro, I had to download everything again, the game and the mods, it took a long time, but it was worth it haha, I think because I downloaded a lot of mods I ended up getting. But

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
So... is there a site that has full descriptions of the modules contained in the game? I have just wasted a number of hours fooling around with the "dark semen" module, thinking it would reduce the "morals" (virtue) of NPCs - instead, it made every chick i banged evil, and a mass slaughter ensued (i would probably get shanked too, eventually, but after discovering what the module does i scrapped the save)...

...okay, i admit, one of those murders was rather amusing, since the chick came over to a guy and went "this is for all the love you gave me, la la la la la" where every "la" was a stab sound.

28stab-wounds-criminal.gif

While unrelated... why is there so many trash modules in the batch? Especially the racial ones. Like... why? What for? Who even uses these?

Finally, is it possible, that some cards ive downloaded may have modules on them, but the modules arent showing in the editor? Ive observed some irrational behavior from one or two NPCs, and none of their traits, virtue or preferences suggest anything of the sort should take place. Maybe outdated modules that dont show anymore in the editor?

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
So... is there a site that has full descriptions of the modules contained in the game? I have just wasted a number of hours fooling around with the "dark semen" module, thinking it would reduce the "morals" (virtue) of NPCs - instead, it made every chick i banged evil, and a mass slaughter ensued (i would probably get shanked too, eventually, but after discovering what the module does i scrapped the save)...

...okay, i admit, one of those murders was rather amusing, since the chick came over to a guy and went "this is for all the love you gave me, la la la la la" where every "la" was a stab sound.

[removed image]

While unrelated... why is there so many trash modules in the batch? Especially the racial ones. Like... why? What for? Who even uses these?

Finally, is it possible, that some cards ive downloaded may have modules on them, but the modules arent showing in the editor? Ive observed some irrational behavior from one or two NPCs, and none of their traits, virtue or preferences suggest anything of the sort should take place. Maybe outdated modules that dont show anymore in the editor?
You finally got around to modules! Triggers can be separated from modules and baked into cards by unpacking the module. Check the Triggers tab for any card, really. If a module is not unpacked it'll appear in the modules list, but if it is unpacked it won't. Regardless, the triggers of packed modules, unpacked modules, and loose custom behavior written specifically for the card on the card are in this tab.

You can tell what triggers are owned by a module by triggers that have the name of the module prefixed onto their trigger's name. These triggers are always in the order their module was placed in on the module list, and they always follow loose triggers not bound to a module. Loose triggers are on the top of the pile for easy access.

Keep in mind that global values unbind and attach directly to the card regardless of whether its trigger is bound in a module or not, you see those in the Globals button window on the same tab. You could break modules by carelessly deleting globals here. Some unpacked modules are likely in such state for added features, which may have led to the author adding loose globals here. Tricky! But no worries -- if you make your own modules that need globals, they'll pack into your module on export if the global is called in the module's packed triggers.

Now that I've finished my long exposition, I'll give answers to your curiosities with the above background for context. Sometimes a module author will give an adequate description of what a module does in its description field, but sometimes they won't. Regardless of what the description says, check the little module scripts and interpret them yourself; no worries, it gets easier to understand as you toy with them and playtest the game. Always check the Triggers tab when a character's behavior is suspicious, it likely has implanted triggers not bound by a module, so it won't show up in the module list but you'll see exactly what's going on if there's triggers to read; there can't be scripted behavior without 'em so it'll never be invisible and undetectable.

The racial ones are for changing your card's race; any mod that targets a race will interpret a lack of race string as defaulting the card to "Human", so that race is implicit. If a card has another race it opens cards to have opinion modifiers. Considering how underutilized modules are these race modules are effectively useless, but maybe someone with an extreme raceplay motive can make custom triggers based around races so orcs can interact with elves and humans in a stereotypical fashion and... something happens.

AA2 seriously needs an engine upgrade which is why I'm surprised a Koikatsu game wasn't modded into an AA3 yet but it'd be stupid awesome having better characters, maps, animations, graphics, voices, and modding support with up to 100 cards in the environment. That'd be nice.

My later cards have around 80 modules worth of triggers in them. At least above 60. I've made over 20 modules so far. I found 2 packs of other users' modules though I forgot exactly who owns what but I still have the source archives. If I find the time I'll make a list of what authors have modules and upload my own somewhere. I did get around to making the module that was previously called "Enticing Touch" but now it's called "Class Prez Tempter". It does all of the removing through both NPC and player controls but doesn't add Openminded, and NPCs have custom behavior in which they'll stop any hostile interaction except Game Overs towards a Class Prez, befriend them if like isn't high enough, talk love and lewd when like is high enough, then go in for the trait-disarming touch when love is high enough but not too high. I set the threshold at 10, thanks to your recommendation.

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
My later cards have around 80 modules worth of triggers in them. At least above 60. I've made over 20 modules so far. I found 2 packs of other users' modules though I forgot exactly who owns what but I still have the source archives. If I find the time I'll make a list of what authors have modules and upload my own somewhere. I did get around to making the module that was previously called "Enticing Touch" but now it's called "Class Prez Tempter". It does all of the removing through both NPC and player controls but doesn't add Openminded, and NPCs have custom behavior in which they'll stop any hostile interaction except Game Overs towards a Class Prez, befriend them if like isn't high enough, talk love and lewd when like is high enough, then go in for the trait-disarming touch when love is high enough but not too high. I set the threshold at 10, thanks to your recommendation.
Appreciate the mention.

As for the cards that were bothering me - one turned out completely normal. The chick in question had the schemer trait, which she used excessively because, apparently, the batch of cards ive downloaded had a bunch of exploitable traits on them. I just felt it was weird, since the only time ive seen a purple status was when i was testing the pointless bully tab. Funnily enough, she screwed me over, since literally in front of my eyes, she told another chick to ignore me. I gave it a go and talked to that chick anyway, but got the "sorry, cant talk. some other time" answer. Had to wait till next day to get in her pants, heh.

The second card was more interesting. I have not found any modules or scripts on it, but for some strange reason this card (a guy) has NEVER used a condom, and i was watching what hes doing from time to time. I know one can get lucky or avoid vaginal penetration to "fool" the stats, but fool it after 40+ sex sessions? And with high or highest virtue chicks (who force condom use on all but 4 days in 2 weeks)? Nah. No modules or scripts on it either. All he had were... one sec.

EDIT: violent and impulsive traits - none of which affect condom use
lowest virtue - so is my character, yet im always forced into condom use, so thats not it either
creampies and bukkake sexual preferences... irrelevant, since its up to the chick whether a condom is used or not

So im gonna do the unthinkable later on - i will first copy his preferences and traits, and if that doesnt work - i will use the card myself to see whats up. Something fishy is going on under the hood of that card...

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Appreciate the mention.

[...]

The second card was more interesting. I have not found any modules or scripts on it, but for some strange reason this card (a guy) has NEVER used a condom, and i was watching what hes doing from time to time. I know one can get lucky or avoid vaginal penetration to "fool" the stats, but fool it after 40+ sex sessions? And with high or highest virtue chicks (who force condom use on all but 4 days in 2 weeks)? Nah. No modules or scripts on it either. All he had were... one sec.

EDIT: violent and impulsive traits - none of which affect condom use
lowest virtue - so is my character, yet im always forced into condom use, so thats not it either
creampies and bukkake sexual preferences... irrelevant, since its up to the chick whether a condom is used or not

[...]
No Condom is in the Sexual Preferences section of the editor. If it is not on the male then it is on the female.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
No Condom is in the Sexual Preferences section of the editor. If it is not on the male then it is on the female.
Yes, but only the females "no condom" preference is important. The guy can have or not have it - not his choice to make (my character actually has "no condom" preference, but when youre hampered by condoms - its a curse rather than a blessing). From what ive seen, he was dating an evil and lucky girl, high virtue + doggy and anal preferences. So its not like im missing something - 0 condom use in spite of this. Admittedly, creampie preference also removes condom use, but, again, only if its on the female. It wasnt in this case.

Also, yes, he got killed eventually. Thats what you get when you try to cheat on a lucky and evil chick with some random slut...

Out of curiosity - there are 3 empty slots in the preferences part of QtEdit... can these be filled somehow? Or are there mods that add new preferences?

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I don't know, sorry.
This answer saddens me, since it is apparent that the only modding the community did to this game is merely cosmetic. One would think, that after almost a decade of existence, the modding community would make total conversions, add new animations and mechanics or deeply change the already existing mechanics (ie: the player is missing a TON of interaction options, that only the AI capable of having). Oh well. Gotta wait till the release of AA3. Heard its going to release alongside Half Life 3, so not that long to go...

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes