JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
A note of potential interest: if you're on a nice, new system running Win 11 (possibly, 10, but I can't test that), and you don't have any issues with game crashing, FPS issues, etc, so you don't turn on Win10fix, you might notice your CPU temp and fan speed spiking instead. Turning on Win10fix seems to calm things down, so I suspect newer systems can (literally) power through what was causing those issues earlier.
Nice benchmark notice. Good advice as usual though is to never let your parts do that when they shouldn't be.

Obvious advice really, but one person did literally claim this game had a crypto miner in it, which is definitely not true. Although I do remember the time a Nintendo-licensed Cooking Mama game was wrongly accused of having a crypto miner in it too.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HazzerExtreme

Nov 27, 2021
Hey guys, i'm having a problem with the downloaded character cards, everytime they come with a highheels and high shoes together and i can't fix it. it's like they are fixed with the character and very bug

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
I don't see how you could possibly have even remotely decent performance without win10fix, since the game's going to run shaders on CPU and CPU is really bad at graphics, I'm pretty sure dx9 is always limited to 1 CPU core too... But if you say it's possible, good for you. Maybe Microsoft changed dx9 safe mode on Windows 11 for some reason. Honestly I'm kind of surprised they even changed it to break AA2 in the first place since the dumb spec violation AA2 was doing had been possible since Windows XP.

KeiAnon

Aug 12, 2023
Apologies if this has already been answered, but my game always kicks me out after around 10-15 minutes of playing. My game will run perfectly with no lag for about 10 minutes.. then I go to talk to one of my classmates and the game just crashes and kicks me out. This only started happening after I switched to the OpenGL graphics. But if I don't use OpenGL, my game is slow as fuckk. To the point that it's barely even functional. At least with my software graphics, I slowly but surely made it through a few days of school. But with OpenGL graphics? I can't even make it to club time without my game crashing. I saw someone on Steam say that the game won't work if you have an Intel graphics card (which is just what I happen to have, great..), and I'm wondering if it's true? If so, that kinda sucks because I don't have the money for new PC parts right now. :/ If anyone here has an Intel graphics card and somehow got their game to work without it either being so goddamn slow or kicking them out after 10 minutes, TELL ME YOUR SECRETS.

edgruberman

Jul 24, 2020
I don't see how you could possibly have even remotely decent performance without win10fix, since the game's going to run shaders on CPU and CPU is really bad at graphics, I'm pretty sure dx9 is always limited to 1 CPU core too... But if you say it's possible, good for you. Maybe Microsoft changed dx9 safe mode on Windows 11 for some reason. Honestly I'm kind of surprised they even changed it to break AA2 in the first place since the dumb spec violation AA2 was doing had been possible since Windows XP.
Unlike every other game I've run so far on the new build, this is the only one to spike temps up above 90C and force the system to start throttling the CPU to reduce load. Everything still ran smooth in game, and I used it to test some overclock/undervolt settings to see if I can get it stable at reasonable temps. The win10fix variant that got me best results so far is DXVK; original d3d9 crashed, and dgVoodoo2 was a bit hotter.

Only thing I've not got working in AAU so far is the JMCP buttons; I either get the wall of 2/3 empty buttons like someone else in the thread reported, or I get the "stacked on each other" one, also reported. So far no tweaking of the launcher settings or swapping of the shadowset has fixed it.

edgruberman

Jul 24, 2020
Apologies if this has already been answered, but my game always kicks me out after around 10-15 minutes of playing. My game will run perfectly with no lag for about 10 minutes.. then I go to talk to one of my classmates and the game just crashes and kicks me out. This only started happening after I switched to the OpenGL graphics. But if I don't use OpenGL, my game is slow as fuckk. To the point that it's barely even functional. At least with my software graphics, I slowly but surely made it through a few days of school. But with OpenGL graphics? I can't even make it to club time without my game crashing. I saw someone on Steam say that the game won't work if you have an Intel graphics card (which is just what I happen to have, great..), and I'm wondering if it's true? If so, that kinda sucks because I don't have the money for new PC parts right now. :/ If anyone here has an Intel graphics card and somehow got their game to work without it either being so goddamn slow or kicking them out after 10 minutes, TELL ME YOUR SECRETS.
OpenGL isn't even a setting on the version I have, so step 1 would be:
Did you follow the " " link under the Other Sources spoiler in the original post?

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
OpenGL is WineD3D. Not that you should ever use this, specially if you have Intel hardware. I use original d3d9 win10fix option on my Intel ultrabook.
If I remember correctly, jmcp button stacking is a result of not having the jmcp script. I have never used that mod though.

edgruberman

Jul 24, 2020
If I remember correctly, jmcp button stacking is a result of not having the jmcp script. I have never used that mod though.
The zip for the mod doesn't have it anymore, though the readme for it still says to put the attached lua script in the appropriate directory. Turns out the JMCP script is now bundled with the latest build of AAU. If someone else asks about the missing lua script in the mod, they can check if JMCP.lua is already in their AAUnlimited/mod/ directory.

Guess I'll see what I can break by tweaking that script!

Edit:
Right, so after opening up the lua file, I discovered I was entirely mistaken. The buttons were not 'stacking', the things sticking out left and right of the main buttons are not from buttons peeking out from underneath, they're the new compact version of the JMCP buttons I was used to on the rather old build I had before.

Last edited:

bloodbirthe

Nov 25, 2018
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but for some reason, I can't figure out how to get the 3drooms and morecum mods to work. I feel like the instructions are a little unclear, and so the game keeps crashing when I try to start an H scene.

In the Modern AA2 guide, they seemed to imply that the ONLY folder in my sets folder should be !3drooms+vanilla_ahegao_jmcp_patch_v25, so I tried moving ONLY that one folder from the unzipped mod folder (JapaneseMCPv25) to the data > sets folder. However, the H scene crashed.

I tried using different combinations of mod folders and default folders to see if anything would work, and nothing seemed to be working. Can someone explain what exactly I have to move, replace, or rename here? Maybe even with a picture of what the data > sets folder should look like when it works correctly?

Included, are pictures of the instructions, the contents of my default sets folder, and the contents of the mod folder, if that helps! I will be very grateful if someone can help me figure this out.

edgruberman

Jul 24, 2020
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but for some reason, I can't figure out how to get the 3drooms and morecum mods to work. I feel like the instructions are a little unclear, and so the game keeps crashing when I try to start an H scene.

In the Modern AA2 guide, they seemed to imply that the ONLY folder in my sets folder should be !3drooms+vanilla_ahegao_jmcp_patch_v25, so I tried moving ONLY that one folder from the unzipped mod folder (JapaneseMCPv25) to the data > sets folder. However, the H scene crashed.

I tried using different combinations of mod folders and default folders to see if anything would work, and nothing seemed to be working. Can someone explain what exactly I have to move, replace, or rename here? Maybe even with a picture of what the data > sets folder should look like when it works correctly?

Included, are pictures of the instructions, the contents of my default sets folder, and the contents of the mod folder, if that helps! I will be very grateful if someone can help me figure this out.
So for 3drooms, you need the file for that like the instructions say, except I believe it's up to version 18 (20_3drooms_v18). From the JMCP zip you'll also need that mod's file, which was 23_JapaneseMCP_v25.1v2.ppx a couple days ago when I grabbed it. Then you need only one of the folders in the modsets, and since you're pairing with 3drooms, you'll want one of the folders that starts !3drooms+

Other than what's written on the folder name, I can't explain what the stuff after that + does without doing some more testing.

bloodbirthe

Nov 25, 2018
So for 3drooms, you need the file for that like the instructions say, except I believe it's up to version 18 (20_3drooms_v18). From the JMCP zip you'll also need that mod's file, which was 23_JapaneseMCP_v25.1v2.ppx a couple days ago when I grabbed it. Then you need only one of the folders in the modsets, and since you're pairing with 3drooms, you'll want one of the folders that starts !3drooms+

Other than what's written on the folder name, I can't explain what the stuff after that + does without doing some more testing.
thank you for replying!

Update: I originally responded that it still didn't work, but I just tried moving the longest filename !3drooms+ file to the sets folder, with the original 5 (in my 2nd image) and it actually worked! Idk why the others didn't work and that one did, but I guess now I'll play around with it and try to figure it out.

Last edited:

R18GOL

Jan 14, 2019
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, can someone help me fix it? I downloaded a futa character card, but when I try any H scene with her it kind of gets stuck. Also, any scene with a "passive role" male character, their dick just vanishes, be it male on male or futa on male. What can I do to fix it?

sptkc

Feb 10, 2018
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, can someone help me fix it? I downloaded a futa character card, but when I try any H scene with her it kind of gets stuck. Also, any scene with a "passive role" male character, their dick just vanishes, be it male on male or futa on male. What can I do to fix it?
The dick is always on the active character by game design since the "males" are never designed to be bottom in the first place. Don't know why the card stuck thought it might be caused by lacking/incompatible mods.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
So, i was delaying posting in order to get more intel on the matter, but how long can you pretend to be doing something when no new intel trickles in anymore? This one is going to be about H-compatibility and the "mystery mechanic" (if you dont know what that is - see previous pages):

1. H-compatibility - a number of pages back ive mentioned that i feel like im being cheated on those points. I wasnt exactly right on this, but i was not wrong either. A few examples:

a) You have two sex friends, and you fuck one of them until they reach perfect compatibility. Great, right? So you move on to the second sex friend and bang them. What happens here? You dont need QtEdit - just take a peek at the statue. You will realize that all of your compatibility with the first sex friend completely dissipated. And i mean ALL OF IT. After one or two sex sessions with the second sex friend.

b) You are in a legitimate relationship with one chick, but keep a sex friend on the side - you bang your GF till perfect compatibility, then move on to the sex friend. Your sex friend reaches perfect compatibility too, so you return to your main girl... and after a few sex sessions with your main girl, you will notice your compatibility with your sex friend is at 'difficult' again.

c) You are in two (or more) relationships simultaneously - you bang each of the chicks when you can (as in, to not let them discover the others existence...) and they all reach perfect compatibility. And it seems to stay there... wha...?

In short: compatibility decays rapidly if you are not in a relationship with a sexual partner. And by 'rapidly', i mean by a few hundred points per sex session with a different partner than the first. Having more than two sex friends satisfied is virtually impossible. No idea why the devs thought this was a good idea, but you can forget about having a harem thats content. You either get into a relationship and get cucked (or cuck someone else) or you dont get compatibility.

Someone make a mod to murder this mechanic, burn its family at the stake and to gain access to their children, so we can eat them...

2. The mystery mechanic (from here on out abbreviated to "MM"):

The MM seems to hit in waves, and those waves all hit in the second part of the first week - so starting on thursday and continuing throughout the rest of the week - as long as an interaction takes place - a number of NPCs (and the player - will get to that) gain love count towards each other without 'proper' (love/sex talk, contact, etc) interaction. This will instantly give some people an idea to wait it out until it stops and then look for a partner, right? You can, of course, but do you want to be first to take the girls virginity or come in later for sloppy seconds...? Heh heh...

Anyways, it cant really be stopped, but MM seems to die out once points reach a certain level. The first wave hits with 8 love count, and then each interaction (or even a rumor) coming in will increase it first by 3 points, and up to 10 (which seems to match my first observation a few pages back), with the goal of reaching the relationship threshold (21). The dumb-as-bricks AI can handle it from there, especially when two NPCs end up love struck and start confessing and groping each other, which will increase love count further.

MM does NOT, however, affect all NPCs the same way. A little example:

Untitled.png

The situation in this pic would be hopeless, if the target of MM was a pure hetero, lean hetero or bi chick. It all depends on where MM "spawned" and who its intended targets are. If MM spawns on a NPC that gets no penalties to love count, they will get the full amount (21 love count... maybe up to 30?) of what MM imparts on them. But if the NPC has inherent penalties to love count gain (depending on where it spawns, but means either lean hetero or lean homo characters with "bad" traits, like asexual, bad with x [girls/guys], and such), the penalty will be both applied to love count gained, while the rest of the missing points (cut by the penalty) will be turned into like points. At most, my girls LLDH showed 7 love count and 23 like count towards some of the guys. The imparted count seems higher than what a different NPC would get, but she also happens to have the "affable" trait, which increases like count gain significantly... meaning she has turned some of this LLDH gain into like count. So, if she had 30 love count imparted on her (thats too high, i think, but its just an example), she has turned that into 15 love and 15 likes, but then, her lean homo penalty kicked in, turning 15 love into 7 love, and then AGAIN, her affable trait kicked in, turning 15 likes into 23 likes (about a 50% gain/loss of each, due to orientation and the trait).

We can assume, that MM is subject to both sexual orientation and traits. The black chick in the middle, bottom position, is a good example - nothing going on with her in this game, and thats partly because she wasnt affected by MM. On the other hand, if she were to be affected by it, shes got the "bad with guys" trait, so realistically, she would only gain love count with other chicks, while acting like a "lean homo" chick, for the purpose of MM working with guys - guys would get a lot of likes with her, but not a lot of love points. Actually... guys would hardly gain any points with her, since "bad with guys" kills both love and like count, but then due to her being lean hetero - she would modify MM incoming from some chicks and cut their love count by 50% - seems to add up, given how she is, for the most part, singled out in class.

Now... how MM affects the player. On the right side of the roster, second from the top, is that damned pink haired chick. Someone must have made her as a joke, because shes got all of her sexual preferences marked, so shes easy to gain compatibility with. Shes also exploitable, so you can literally fuck her at game start, though she probably wont like it... thats beyond the point. My only interactions with her were 6 love talks - shes pure hetero, so she doesnt gain like points, and i wanted a few points in, in case i thought about doing something later. If we assume that she didnt have any other traits modifying love gain, 6 love talks would amount to... 90 partial love points. That translates into 3 love count. So thats all the points shes had with me since the beginning of the game. After the first week, though, she became fucking unbearable. Effectively, shes turned into a broken record, with her vocabulary literally becoming limited to 3 or 4 interactions:

1. Become lovers
2. Go out on sunday
3. "I love you so much!"
4. Talk about how great i am (i hate praises IRL... so that annoyed me even more).

She kept gaining love count with each of those interactions, even though i kept rejecting all of them. In the end, ive had to completely murder her LLDH with a flurry of 10 or 12 insults. Only then has she finally shut her trap. So, as you can see, as long as characters interact, regardless of their response, MM will increase their love count. Horrible mechanic, to be sure, but after having some time to think about it, it is for the best: the AI is too dumb, but i think this is a better solution to the problem of bad AI, than having an NPC who likes you come over, and talk to you exactly 6 times, every break period, about love and sex... isnt it? Just imagine "inverting" the game - if you were the NPC, and a player did the same thing the pink haired chick did, you would fucking go crazy.

EDIT: One more thing - the popularity rating at the statue indeed shows love count amount from the class, so if you found yourself a girl and feel proud of yourself, and then found out shes the top of the class in popularity - expect trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustAl

bloodbirthe

Nov 25, 2018
Note: Be mindful of modules that deal with styles! You need extra care to make styles for them. A style is a whole duplication of the style it is based on, that caries the entire body, all the sliders, all the buttons except personality stuff, and all the colors of the original. You can do cool stuff here like plan a character who transforms into a monster when people have enough intelligence to see through their disguise, or make a character who becomes an adult when they're put into the teacher slot, or make a character who becomes visibly pregnant or a character who likes to change clothes on certain conditions. Styles are complicated to plan for since you need to be mindful that combining more than 1 style-managing mod won't glitch another mod that's managing styles, but it's not hard to do when you understand the logic. You can use the same logic in custom triggers to make character change personality / voice tone / traits with conditions and such through gameplay actions.
You seem to know a lot about this, and if you don't mind me bothering you for help:
I want to use the Sunday Fashion module and H-style module together for a succubus character. I've been using the "Styles Outfits" tab to keep my default outfits when using H-style. I've also been using the "Styles Outfits" tab when using the Sunday Fashion module.

Since you need to preset the clothing for both modules, and there are only 4 options, I can't figure out a way to simultaneously use Sunday Style and Hstyle together. I've tried them in different orders, and one always seems to just override the other's outfit, or style. Are the two modules just incompatible? Or is there some other way to keep the Sunday outfit and then apply h-style during H on Sunday?

Also, I have no idea what this "Style data transfer" section does (circled in attachment), or how to trigger a change in personality as you mentioned. Obviously, it'd be fun to change from a normal personality to the succubus suddenly, so if you (or anyone) could help walk me through this, I would appreciate

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
bloodbirthe, I can boil this down succinctly though I'm short on time at the moment.

For only 1 style changing module, there's nothing else to manage so that's easy. For more than 1, you need to make sure conditions don't conflict in a way that keeps a character stuck in the wrong style or prevents a style change when you want it. The Fresh Laundry module was designed to be a thoughtless general solution since it forces the style to change to default when cards go home.

As my memory recalls, H-Style should only change style on a sex session and Sunday Fashion changes style at the start of Sunday. Without looking at their triggers now what I'd expect is H-Style to either not change style back after sex or to change back to default or previously used style. In the case that it calls back the previously used style as I suspect for a well-made condition, that means there's no problem since it will go back to using Sunday style as that was being worn previously. If that's not the case, you can unpack the module then change its trigger actions to work this out by either memorizing previous outfit or specifically checking if it's Sunday then use that day's style.

[...]
Since you need to preset the clothing for both modules, and there are only 4 options, I can't figure out a way to simultaneously use Sunday Style and Hstyle together. I've tried them in different orders, and one always seems to just override the other's outfit, or style. Are the two modules just incompatible? Or is there some other way to keep the Sunday outfit and then apply h-style during H on Sunday?
[...]
I described above how the modules should work though I'm not looking at their contents ATM. You'll have to open the editor, apply modules to character, check their triggers, and if you recognize the need to change the trigger contents unpack the module. The module will still work as usual because regardless of whether it's packed or not, its function is driven by its events and conditions. If the styles "overwrite", then add the logic for the styles to remember the previously worn outfit used, which you can borrow from another style module's logic.

Style transfer = copying properties from one into another. A "style" is really an entire body. It contains everything except personality stuff. Body shape, height, face, hair, clothes. So you can copy all that using those handy tools on the bottom. Just in case you regret your edits or you changed one style and don't want to remake it from the original default.

Personality change is a gimmick I noticed in one module. There's an action to change personality by int index and if you know what personality is on what index then you can call it by condition. Trouble is modded personalities vary in place by install so you don't call for a modded personality index unless you know 100% what's there, so it's really a module you have to keep for yourself. But yes, you can change personality like that. You figure out how and what conditions.

Sorry no walkthroughs, but feel free to ask for help and we'll help as we can whenever you get stuck. Look for guides, someone might've made your walkthrough somewhere out there.

Reactions: bloodbirthe

bloodbirthe

Nov 25, 2018
feel free to ask for help and we'll help as we can whenever you get stuck. Look for guides, someone might've made your walkthrough somewhere out there.
Thank you for the very detailed explanation!
I've been playing around with it for about a month and a half now, and feel like I'm finally close to knowing everything that is possible to do in this game.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes