Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
tiikerihai I am beginning to suspect the PICNIC error on their end, to be fair:

1. The version offered via Tsukiyo is being properly maintained, so it no longer even offers Mini up for download anymore - as I assume you realized, if MachoGuy has "AA2Mini-V12", then they clearly used DDL links in OP instead.
2. They are apparently "scared away" by the M.I.G., which explicitly states "Ensure you have followed the instructions in the tsukiyo link before continuing further." as part of Step 1. That, in conjunction with my previous statement, makes me question whether they visited the tsukiyo link at all.

My take on this situation is: that person is unwilling to put in the effort. At all. In other words - lazy. The fact that they have set the game up, and got stuck at modding it instead is so ridiculous it is almost funny.

P.S. MachoGuy I sincerely hope your "trauma" due to modding Skyrim stems from NMM, because MO and VMM are far from complex by comparison.

The guide is not "useless", it is "useless for you". And that is quite the difference.

Reactions: JustAl

Lushen_zephius

Jan 7, 2024
So, i was in a friendly relation with a yandere, one day the teacher approached me during exam's days and offer me a lewd promise, since then the yandere have 0% in all interactions, she's still friendly with me but wont talk to me.

She's in a relationship with the teacher, i didn't know at the moment, heck the teacher is playing with fire if u ask me, she made lewd promises to another 2 students.

Is there any way to fix the interaction rates or do i have to wait until the yandere..."End" her relationship with the teacher?

MachoGuy

Nov 3, 2019
tiikerihai I am beginning to suspect the PICNIC error on their end, to be fair:

1. The version offered via Tsukiyo is being properly maintained, so it no longer even offers Mini up for download anymore - as I assume you realized, if MachoGuy has "AA2Mini-V12", then they clearly used DDL links in OP instead.
2. They are apparently "scared away" by the M.I.G., which explicitly states "Ensure you have followed the instructions in the tsukiyo link before continuing further." as part of Step 1. That, in conjunction with my previous statement, makes me question whether they visited the tsukiyo link at all.

My take on this situation is: that person is unwilling to put in the effort. At all. In other words - lazy. The fact that they have set the game up, and got stuck at modding it instead is so ridiculous it is almost funny.

P.S. MachoGuy I sincerely hope your "trauma" due to modding Skyrim stems from NMM, because MO and VMM are far from complex by comparison.

The guide is not "useless", it is "useless for you". And that is quite the difference.
I meant AA2MiniPPX-V8, I tasted also the AA2Mini-V12 and i've copied the wrong version when I wrote.

I already said that i've followed the tutorial and it works well for the downloding part but just the moding part is too complicated (or at least the guide makes to be like that)

You are absolutely right about being lazy part but it's understandable in this context, gotta remember that I'm a new player and I don't know this game or If i like it, when you show me a guide that complex is just normal for me to react with "nah, fuck that" now I'm too invested to quit so I will do my best to mod this bitch but at the end of the day I might just play it for 20 minutes realize it not for me and give it 1 star for losing my time.

Last edited:

MachoGuy

Nov 3, 2019
Like what? :unsure:
1. Where can you get the updated mods
2. What is a harderlinker and how do you use it exactly? (First time hearing of something like that)
3. A clear list with must have mods and how to install them
4. How to update the mods? (For exemple, When I updated the AA i've deleted the original folder and put the new one in and the game stopped working but when I override it instead worked just fine)
5. how to use the cards, that was a very useful pice of information that a new player could use.
6. Which mods don't work with eachother?
7. shadowset? What's that?
8. "These may be found in the CIV ppx" CIV ppx?

It not a bad guide at all but for someone like me that never installed the game before it just too much information too quickly, there should be a beginner guide and an advanced one. for someone that already know what CIV ppx or how to use harderlinker

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
Modding, if by which you mean installing mods, is literally just dropping ppx files into your data directory. Some complex mods (pretty sure it's just JMCP that's like that) which require scripts/shadow sets/whatever else usually come with their own specific installation instructions. The "installation guide" links to almost every single known mod.
Mod conflicts are barely ever an issue as long as you don't have outdated mods or multiple different mods that do the exact same thing (uncensor for example).

BTW the page you downloaded the game from specifies that you shouldn't be deleting some things in the AAU folder. Now you know why.
Shadow sets:

MachoGuy

Nov 3, 2019
Modding, if by which you mean installing mods, is literally just dropping ppx files into your data directory. Some complex mods (pretty sure it's just JMCP that's like that) which require scripts/shadow sets/whatever else usually come with their own specific installation instructions. The "installation guide" links to almost every single known mod.
Mod conflicts are barely ever an issue as long as you don't have outdated mods or multiple different mods that do the exact same thing (uncensor for example).

BTW the page you downloaded the game from specifies that you shouldn't be deleting some things in the AAU folder. Now you know why.
Shadow sets:
I think I go it.

There is no logic to installing the mods, no way of testing if they work, no way of finding out if they are oudated and no fixed place to go if you need an update.

But if there is only dropping ppx files into your data directory what's the point of harderlinker?

I don't know if I read this from the guide or the other guides or here but wasn't there something I was supposed to lunch 1 time only?

They could have added a "overwrite only, do not delete when updating" would have been helpful

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
But if there is only dropping ppx files into your data directory what's the point of harderlinker?
No idea here. Maybe harderlinker adds "separated" layers (types?) of clothing a-la undergarments and skirts/pants ( but maybe it has something to do with specific slots that clothing occupies, kind of like Skyrim with wings, piercings, etc.), while CCC adds full body outfits. The way it adds them to the game is a bit confusing to me, but based on the names of folders for both harderlinker itself and the so-called "symbolic links" it creates I assume that the game requires those specific names to detect the folders (like "sitagi53"), and on the OS level those folders are nothing but that - symlinks, for the actual folders with textures inside harderlinker folder itself (could also be for ease of update - if textures change, you download the specific outfit folder again and simply replace the files in the respective sub-folder inside "harderlinker" folder, and the already-existing symlinks take care of the rest). As for why it was made to work the way it does - that is one for the creator.

All in all, the way I see it, there are no must-have mods. Zero. None. Like you said, the game itself works fine. Now if we loosen that up a little and step into the realm of adding non-vanilla cards made by someone random on the Internet - CCC and harderlinker are the only "probably everyone uses them" mods. Read, re-read and re-re-read their specific instructions when installing them for that very reason. JMCP, if we think back to Skyrim analogies, would be like adding more standalone character animations - it adds variety, but is neither required for anything, nor requires anything beyond itself.

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
Hardlinker is for clothing textures. The game normally has a separate texture folder for every outfit with unique textures in each of them. When you have a lot of outfits, that is going to take up hundreds of gigs of space, specially when you use .bmp format textures as the base game did. Hardlinker exists to solve that problem by using Windows symlinks to redirect multiple folders to one real folder. You don't need to copy the same texture to 100 different folders basically.

I don't know if I read this from the guide or the other guides or here but wasn't there something I was supposed to lunch 1 time only?
No? I have no idea what that is supposed to be, but you're probably doing something pretty wrong if you're "launching" something only one time. Unless that something is hardlinker.bat file. But even that you can launch multiple times.

Reactions: Tsugumi

MachoGuy

Nov 3, 2019
I think I got it to work, except the audiofiles and FaceParts and I've also don't get the voice subtitles anymore.

Ay but a win is a win, now how do I chose the PC?

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
So, i was in a friendly relation with a yandere, one day the teacher approached me during exam's days and offer me a lewd promise, since then the yandere have 0% in all interactions, she's still friendly with me but wont talk to me.

She's in a relationship with the teacher, i didn't know at the moment, heck the teacher is playing with fire if u ask me, she made lewd promises to another 2 students.

Is there any way to fix the interaction rates or do i have to wait until the yandere..."End" her relationship with the teacher?
By "yandere", you mean an evil trait chick? And does she have 0% to friendly interactions too, or just sex related ones?

Either way, if you got into a relationship with an evil character, and you dont keep her on friendly terms, she will kill you, eventually. Whats more - you wont be able to break up with her, and if you try, you will only dig your hole deeper.

Also, if shes in a relationship with someone other than you, then shes probably low-ish virtue. No idea why you would pick someone like that for a partner, but hey - some people just like to get cucked, i guess.

You didnt give us enough details to help you (what relations are at 0%, specifically), but from the looks of it, you are well on your way to one of the games endings... and not necessarily the good one.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
I've also don't get the voice subtitles anymore.
First, check the "AAUnlimited/subtitles" folder to make sure the txt files are actually there - somewhere around 1.7 or 1.8 there was actually a derp where they were not added to the download package, so people updating to newer version had no problems since they had the files left over from the older version whilst new users had the issue since they were starting out with the "derped" version.

Second, open the game launcher window, go to Scripts tab and make sure the "subtitles" script is .

And there is also that somewhat rare instance where subtitles fail to appear in-game for individual interactions. Random. Unavoidable. Also annoying if the "oops"ed dialogue is something like an "Everyone" call - empty screen, and suddenly you get a Yes/No prompt: "for what? Study? Sex? Lunch?"

Reactions: MachoGuy

Arde645

Apr 30, 2018
That's the guide I was trying to follow, it worked for downloading the game but beyond that is completely useless.

I need a "You download this mod from xxx and you put it in the xx folder, if you want to update it you can get the latest from here xxx " extremely simple and no place for error, but what is the guide's version of that?

- If you just wanna play the game and don't care about explanations on what everything is, follow these four steps:

1. Download all .ppx and .7z mod packs in the main folder of the PPeX mega. This means to ignore the Alternative folder unless you're interested.
  2. Place all .ppx files into AA2MiniPPX\data. Overwrite if asked.
  3. For .7z files: Extract .ppx files and any folders you find in them into your data folder. Overwrite all if asked.
  4. Play (Read Troubleshooting section if you have low fps)

- If you want to know what mods they are or want to choose your own variant, ie: uncensor, continue to read

- After unzipping AA2MiniPPX you will find certain .ppx files in your data folder, those are the base game data files along with a few essential mods which have been compressed into .ppx

Note: DO NOT download the whole PPeX Mediafire as a zip and put them in your data folder.

The reason why AA2MiniPPX doesn't include these .ppx is because a lot of these mods are constantly updated, plus it allows you to mix and choose whatever mod you want.

So fucking MUCH useless information and so much useful information missing It's almost comically bad, it definitely not a guide for new people (unless you are looking to scare them away)

So there is no way of testing the modes.

Thanks for the PNG info, that should have been in a guide.
What you're looking for is in the first paragraph of the block you quoted, see truncated. Everything else after that is for advanced users or enthusiasts.

Now is the guide the best worded? No, but that's because the writer got tired of everyone's shit IIRC. The guide is mainly for those getting started and links to other, more detailed guides in the advanced sections for those looking to explore.

Just take things slow and actually read what is being presented, 90% of issues are caused by trying to rush things. If you need help parsing things then ask, but don't bash a perfectly serviceable guide being updated for free.

EDIT: And of course like 30 other posts were made addressing the same points in the time it took me to post :V

Last edited:

MachoGuy

Nov 3, 2019
What you're looking for is in the first paragraph of the block you quoted, see truncated. Everything else after that is for advanced users or enthusiasts.

Now is the guide the best worded? No, but that's because the writer got tired of everyone's shit IIRC. The guide is mainly for those getting started and links to other, more detailed guides in the advanced sections for those looking to explore.

Just take things slow and actually read what is being presented, 90% of issues are caused by trying to rush things. If you need help parsing things then ask, but don't bash a perfectly serviceable guide being updated for free.
I already said the guide is good but not for new player, there too much stuff on it for that.

From all that guide, here is what I as a beginner used:

Step 1
- Download AA2MiniPPX: (use a torrent client to open the file, like BitTorrent)

- Ensure that the latest AAU and the AAU found in the mini are the same, find the latest releases here if these two versions arent the same you are using an older version that will likely crash.

Step 2: PPeX Files
- Next, you need to get a few more .ppx mods from the PPeX Mediafire:

2. Place all .ppx files into AA2MiniPPX\data. Overwrite if asked.

Cards Database:

Bepis card database:

The new card database that replaces the old danbooru one

And that's it(+Where to put the cards but that isn't in the guide, why would a beginner need to know what to do with a png photo right? they will figure out) absolutely everything beyond this was completely useless to me and even created an illusion that there is more to it (or it is, idk at this point) the guide just overcomplicated simple things.

You guys should stop sending new players to it, This could have gone a lot smother for me if someone would have said:

"You can download the latest version from here:

if you want mods you can find some here
Here is what they do:
1704926948495.png

Place all .ppx files into AA2MiniPPX\data. Overwrite if asked (ignore everything else),

If you want more characters you can find them here you will get a png file that you can put in "AA2MiniPPX\data\save -> male or female folder.

if you want a more detailed guide or run into some problems go here: Have fun!"

That's all a new player needs, I actually don't blame the guide but you guys for this confusion, I might not be the only lazy one here.

Reactions: zecon

MachoGuy

Nov 3, 2019
First, check the "AAUnlimited/subtitles" folder to make sure the txt files are actually there - somewhere around 1.7 or 1.8 there was actually a derp where they were not added to the download package, so people updating to newer version had no problems since they had the files left over from the older version whilst new users had the issue since they were starting out with the "derped" version.

Second, open the game launcher window, go to Scripts tab and make sure the "subtitles" script is .

And there is also that somewhat rare instance where subtitles fail to appear in-game for individual interactions. Random. Unavoidable. Also annoying if the "oops"ed dialogue is something like an "Everyone" call - empty screen, and suddenly you get a Yes/No prompt: "for what? Study? Sex? Lunch?"
Thanks, it was the second one.

Lushen_zephius

Jan 7, 2024
By "yandere", you mean an evil trait chick? And does she have 0% to friendly interactions too, or just sex related ones?

Either way, if you got into a relationship with an evil character, and you dont keep her on friendly terms, she will kill you, eventually. Whats more - you wont be able to break up with her, and if you try, you will only dig your hole deeper.

Also, if shes in a relationship with someone other than you, then shes probably low-ish virtue. No idea why you would pick someone like that for a partner, but hey - some people just like to get cucked, i guess.

You didnt give us enough details to help you (what relations are at 0%, specifically), but from the looks of it, you are well on your way to one of the games endings... and not necessarily the good one.
Nah fam, what i mean is that, i have a friendly relation with an evil trait character, out of nowhere the teacher without me ever speaking to her once offer me a lewd promise the exam day, she was in a forbidden relationship with the evil trait chick i didn't know at the moment. Now interactions of all kind with her are at 0%, also it says that im still her friend but at the same time that she hate me.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Nah fam, what i mean is that, i have a friendly relation with an evil trait character, out of nowhere the teacher without me ever speaking to her once offer me a lewd promise the exam day, she was in a forbidden relationship with the evil trait chick i didn't know at the moment. Now interactions of all kind with her are at 0%, also it says that im still her friend but at the same time that she hate me.
Welp, looks like we wont get anywhere without a visit to QtEdit. I need to know the LLDH numbers of that "yandere" chick of yours in relation to you. The teachers lewd offer can be easily explained by MM (i wrote about it on the previous page and a few pages back, in case you dont know what that is), though i would want to see her LLDH numbers too, if you could provide them.

Unfortunately, this is a game of numbers, in which numbers decide what behavior and interactions take place. Seeing LLDH lets (some of) us tell you exactly whats happening and why. I take it you know about QtEdit? If not, i will provide you with some assistance, if necessary.

EDIT: or just post your save here; i will take a look at it and tell you whats wrong quicker that way

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
[...] Now interactions of all kind with her are at 0%, also it says that im still her friend but at the same time that she hate me.
The usual clause is that 0% means something is wrong on a conditional level. And that condition is probably, if your lover thinks your character is cheating on her, you have to apologize until she forgives. You'll know that is the case when "apologize" shows anything besides zero. Look for an encouraging result in the dialogue then see if your other dialogues score above 0% chance.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
The usual clause is that 0% means something is wrong on a conditional level. And that condition is probably, if your lover thinks your character is cheating on her, you have to apologize until she forgives. You'll know that is the case when "apologize" shows anything besides zero. Look for an encouraging result in the dialogue then see if your other dialogues score above 0% chance.
He mentioned "friendly relations", rather than being in a relationship, so apology wont actually do much here. From what ive gathered, it seems like a situation where his LL count is slightly lower than his DH count, making interaction almost impossible, while every failure to interact will make him dig his hole deeper (thats where rumors come in, by the way). The statue will show both "friend"/"classmate" and "not good with these types" status interchangeably... maybe even "you should die...", as is customary with evil types.

In all honesty, if the evil chick is NOT in a relationship with him, he should just move on. Evil characters wont kill you, if youre not in a relationship with them, whilst having abysmal love count. As for the teacher - he should just make sure hes not fucking or groping her in plain sight of the evil chick. Problem solved.

Lushen_zephius

Jan 7, 2024
He mentioned "friendly relations", rather than being in a relationship, so apology wont actually do much here. From what ive gathered, it seems like a situation where his LL count is slightly lower than his DH count, making interaction almost impossible, while every failure to interact will make him dig his hole deeper (thats where rumors come in, by the way). The statue will show both "friend"/"classmate" and "not good with these types" status interchangeably... maybe even "you should die...", as is customary with evil types.

In all honesty, if the evil chick is NOT in a relationship with him, he should just move on. Evil characters wont kill you, if youre not in a relationship with them, whilst having abysmal love count. As for the teacher - he should just make sure hes not fucking or groping her in plain sight of the evil chick. Problem solved.
Welp, the problem solved itself, she ended up stabbing the teacher ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now i'm curious of what would happen in an evil trait only playthrough, i would like to see the madness unfold :sneaky:

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes