May 31, 2018
I'm using AA2 mini, but the text is always blurry/pixelated and hard to read. What do I need to change in the settings to fix this? Is that an AA or resolution thing?

sirspazz21

Jun 16, 2017
Step 1: go to the 4chan thread on /vgg
Step 2: dl and install AAU
Step 3: follow the spreadsheet instructions
Step 4: read the how to on the textures
Step 5: you're literally done and it's better than ever

I used to play this all the time back when it first came out and now with the AAU and AAMini being supported it's fantastic. The people at the /vgg thread are incredibly helpful.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Step 1: go to the 4chan thread on /vgg
Step 2: dl and install AAU
Step 3: follow the spreadsheet instructions
Step 4: read the how to on the textures
Step 5: you're literally done and it's better than ever

I used to play this all the time back when it first came out and now with the AAU and AAMini being supported it's fantastic. The people at the /vgg thread are incredibly helpful.
But exactly, what is this AAU?
(I feel like I've heard it.. and maybe I even have it already (?) but at the moment I can't figure it out what's this xD)

OrangeGoat

May 23, 2018
AAU comes loaded with several features that invalidate several mods, let you alternate between others, let you pose, let you override, use more sliders, use modules, there's a lot.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
AAU comes loaded with several features that invalidate several mods, let you alternate between others, let you pose, let you override, use more sliders, use modules, there's a lot.
Ok, but other than that, there's something else? It's better than the simple AA2? Because personally speaking I'm not interested in the sliders, but mostly on the gameplay side of it and the override things.. I think that even in the original one you can use it? Iirc. Also modules can be used even in the original one like someone said above. I'm not that much of a fan of creating chars.

OrangeGoat

May 23, 2018
"Modules can be used even in the original one"
Quote them, because I can tell you right now you need AAU for it. AAU also has subtitles, reshade, npc interruption limiter, aaface, fixlocale, pov camera, and a lot of other mods that would be seperate downloads but can be put into one instead.

if you're not much of a cardmaker, i have my own mega here there's also the weeaboo database here

Reactions: brynhildr

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
"Modules can be used even in the original one"
Quote them, because I can tell you right now you need AAU for it. AAU also has subtitles, reshade, npc interruption limiter, aaface, fixlocale, pov camera, and a lot of other mods that would be seperate downloads but can be put into one instead.

if you're not much of a cardmaker, i have my own mega here there's also the weeaboo database here
Gotcha! I'm gonna give it a go with this version here, then.
(I mean the game, I know that the link there is just the chars xD)

Marylamb

Dec 10, 2017
My AppLocale can't open up Append Set 2.
"AppLocale was unable to launch the specified application. Please make sure the application specified is valid." Anyone got any idea as to why this is happening?

tangre

Jun 13, 2017
setting success rate to 999 doesn't work, I still get a 0 for everthing I try. None of the cheats seem to work.

tangre

Jun 13, 2017
no fault of anyone here, but people have made several updates and upgrades to AA2 over the years and i'm here to try and help people get up to speed. if you made any girls or what not make sure you bring them over, most information you know of probably won't matter, hell if you even knew what aa2install was you'll likely never need it again too.

for starters, people with windows 10 will be able to play this game so long as you get the mini and activate AAU's "Win10 Fix" on its launcher.

Modern Installation Guide for AA2:

AA2 Database Archives:

AA2 Mega Database:

AA2 Modding Reference Guide:

AAU Guide and Resources: (Archive Overrides page has several important AAU ready mods)

AA2 PP2 Mods Mega:

Current Database (Not managed by anyone I'm aware of, if it vanishes one day don't be surprised.):

If you have further questions, contact me on discord at Goat#6192
How do I "change the script" as detailed in step 1.6? What program are you using to do that and what file are you changing?

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes