MilesKiyaAnny

Jan 18, 2019
Thank you for that tidbit. It did help quite a bit. But there is still a bunch of sudo-freezes and a fair slowdown. I have read this might be a common issue due to poor optimization ??
I don't know due to I don't have much of knowlegde of game developing and not to mention that their engine is their own engine that I never hear of

I also do have abit freeze when everyone in class decide to chat with me every 2 secound but I look over that as long as it not lagging anymore

some say it because of mods but I did not install more mod than uncen and english sub cause I not yet to get all girls and guy

OrangeGoat

May 23, 2018
your driver might not work with it anymore, turn off win10fix and turn on wined3d instead, turn on type 2 renderer and software vertix processing

Laellith

Apr 24, 2018
Sorry but i give up. the contents was very tempting but the installation is too hard for me.
i'm not english (i speak a little), not japanese and i don't know how to read kanjis.

i try until mounting disk1 in deamontool lite but was stopped with a windows box in kanjis.

hoping one day there will be a way to install it easier than now.
Big thanks and cheers to dev and for those who try to help noob as me to install it (i'll keep an eye on it ^^)

OrangeGoat

May 23, 2018
Sorry but i give up. the contents was very tempting but the installation is too hard for me.
i'm not english (i speak a little), not japanese and i don't know how to read kanjis.

i try until mounting disk1 in deamontool lite but was stopped with a windows box in kanjis.

hoping one day there will be a way to install it easier than now.
Big thanks and cheers to dev and for those who try to help noob as me to install it (i'll keep an eye on it ^^)
i would also consider the mini for you as well, it's a lot easier to install

Reactions: Cheek

Laellith

Apr 24, 2018
That's because you didn't read the installation instructions in the OP. It tells you exactly what button needs to be pressed to start the install.
look it's just a game, as a user i look for a game which i play more time than to install it. as i say english and japanese aren't my birth langage so my understanding don't help to read instruction saying to click on kanjis. either your "instructions" are not enough easy or your installation method should be upgrated to let noob player enjoy this game. But as now i can't figure how to install it before my head wants to explode so .. i give up.

may be i'm not alone giving up like this ( i guess there are more noobs like me than genius in this world! )

PS: i'll try to explain where it starts to hurt
2. Installing the base game.

1. Mount C:\Desktop\AA2\1- Installer\DISK1.mdf. If you're using Windows 8 you can mount it without other programs, otherwise you'll need Daemontools Lite (other mounting software has been known to fail with Japanese games, so please use Daemontools Lite - it's completely free)
  2. DO NOT autorun, but explore the mounted dvd and right-click Startup.exe and select Run with Japanese locale as administrator (you need HF pApploc for the right-click options).
Mount with what? i guess daemontool ( a link to a tuto for the software we have to use could help!) so when i try with the daemontool lite v10 demo i can read disk 2 and 3 in english but as soon i click on disk 1 a popup in kanji with 3 valid choices and 2 in grey .. i never see a "Startup.exe" !!!

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
On another note.. what happened to AA2mini? The thread on 4chan it's gone and the site where you could grab the torrent,
tsukiyo.me, doesn't have anything else anymore. Someone nuked the entire thing.. for some reason? Because they don't like us and the fact that F95 users go there? They should be happy, if anything - granted it's the reason.

There's only the pre-installed vanilla version of AA2, which is obsolete like the title says.

Blazh

Aug 6, 2016
On another note.. what happened to AA2mini? The thread on 4chan it's gone and the site where you could grab the torrent,
tsukiyo.me, doesn't have anything else anymore. Someone nuked the entire thing.. for some reason?

There's only the pre-installed vanilla version of AA2, which is obsolete like the title says.
what? It's still there, they make new AA2 threads on /vg with the links to AA2mini every few days. Here its the tsukiyo site

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
what? It's still there, they make new AA2 threads on /vg with the links to AA2mini every few days. Here its the tsukiyo site
Ehm.. I swear that what I had, where in fact I find that site as well as the thread on 4chan were completely offline as of yesterday. Even this one above was offline with the 404 not found thing.

- this was the one that I had and worked. Yesterday instead not.

Blazh

Aug 6, 2016
Ehm.. I swear that what I had, where in fact I find that site as well as the thread on 4chan were completely offline as of yesterday. Even this one above was offline with the 404 not found thing.

- this was the one that I had and worked. Yesterday instead not.
on 4chan threads get deleted after some time so its better if you just enter the videogame general board and search the artificial academy thread thats active. The one you posted is from january.

Reactions: brynhildr

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
When extracting the archive files from the megalinks, I keep getting files that are causing 7zip to spit out errors. Where it can't extract them... is that normal?

Files like the AA2\1- Installer\DISK1.mdf in the second archive, and AA2\1- Installer\DISK2.mdf the third one ect...?

cloopmec

Feb 16, 2019
I want to play it but I'm afraid I can't install it ...

is there an easy guide to install this ..?

or someone make video guide for install this .. XD

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ianuda

OrangeGoat

May 23, 2018
I want to play it but I'm afraid I can't install it ...

is there an easy guide to install this ..?

or someone make video guide for install this .. XD
okay you know what, i am getting sick of people trying to get help with aa2 when the version they use has been out of date for years compared to a new and better version of aa2 people could be using instead.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes