pervertgirl

Apr 28, 2024
IMG_6922.jpeg

Yo so like, i need help. Can someone tell me why the hell this is happening in AA2Edit?? Would really appreciate some help here cause the trial and error i went through is criminal.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
So, i was derping around with the "Lets have sex" call out. While ive already mentioned a bit about it not that long ago, this time the information is more complete.

Untitled.png

So, to start off: looks like forcing a NPC to have sex is not the only way to make use of a high/highest virtue sex friend. As long as the NPC is... motivated enough (read: horny)... they will respond to the call out. The call out doesnt even have to be used in an orgy - being 1 on 1 with the NPC in question, as long as theyre horny, will result in them accepting sex this way.

Now... theres a few things that need to be mentioned about this call out and its mechanics:

-the call out abides by the virtue mechanics; this means that if the player character is at least normal virtue, they should not become a victim of some random horny guy (guess this is the only time virtue makes a difference on a PC). If the PC is of low and lowest virtue, though, they will be subject to all other low/lowest virtue NPCs that respond to the call out.
This also means that its impossible to make anyone (worthwhile) a sex friend with this call out alone - the old bus bait strategy is still required to get the ball rolling.

-while in a sex session resulting from the call out, the PC can not be interrupted. Its perfectly safe to finish a sex session in peace, free from both other NPCs trying to interrupt the sex session (ie: serious or class prez traits + the teacher) and the NPC youre having sex with (they will not interrupt the session due to being seen)

-follow up from the point above: you will NEVER be competed over when in a sex session resulting from this call out. Neither will your sex partner. The NPCs will gather around and growl like bears, eager to interrupt or compete, but never will - my guess is that this "type" of sex session is considered "in a private room", but... not?

-theres a certain inconsistency when it comes to sexual preferences in the game, where a chick with the no condom/creampies preference will force condom use on the PC regardless, if you try to bang her in the open during her risky days; this inconsistency is "fixed" when using a private room, where you wont be forced to use the condom. Interestingly, using this call out acts like its a session INSIDE a private room, so a condom will not be forced on the PC in these cases.

Why bring this up? Forcing a NPC to have sex has the awful downside of clogging your status window with a pointless purple status. A sex session resulting from forcing someone can also be interrupted by other NPCs, or you can be competed over. When using the "lets have sex" call out, though, none of these things will happen. Be mindful when using this call out while you have multiple sex friends and a legitimate relationship partner. It might bring... unpredictable... results... and rarely healthy to your relationship! Hehe!

Reactions: Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I'm finally going to take the plunge with the Unified Personality Pack. We'll see how this goes and whether I break anything.

Edit: Are you supposed delete all of the loose .pp files that came with individual personalities? Oddly enough the instructions don't mention anything about that. I'm wondering if the ppx files just override them so it's not necessary. I deleted them just in case

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I'm finally going to take the plunge with the Unified Personality Pack. We'll see how this goes and whether I break anything.

Edit: Are you supposed delete all of the loose .pp files that came with individual personalities? Oddly enough the instructions don't mention anything about that. I'm wondering if the ppx files just override them so it's not necessary. I deleted them just in case
The installation is too easy to mess up, and this is coming from an old guy like me. Youll be fine.

Also, yes, those loose personalities had to go too.

PS: make sure you grab the files in the optional folder for male h-voices while youre at it. It wont give guys a voice in the "overworld", but they will have one is sex scenes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
The installation is too east to mess up, and this is coming from an old guy like me. Youll be fine.

Also, yes, those loose personalities had to go too.

PS: make sure you grab the files in the optional folder for male h-voices while youre at it. It wont give guys a voice in the "overworld", but they will have one is sex scenes.
Yeah, from the optional files I added 04_UPP_No_Dim_Full.ppx, 05_UPP_H_Voices_Male_1.ppx, and 05_UPP_H_Voices_Male_2.ppx

Reactions: Monosomething

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Yeah, from the optional files I added 04_UPP_No_Dim_Full.ppx
I dont even know what this file does... changes something about the "hold hands" line (when asking your lover to go to class or to go home), but it seems to be in the game already so... *shrugs* whatever. I dont have it, since i wasnt sure whether i would need it.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I dont even know what this file does... changes something about the "hold hands" line (when asking your lover to go to class or to go home), but it seems to be in the game already so... *shrugs* whatever. I dont have it, since i wasnt sure whether i would need it.
I would imagine you had some form of nodim patch prior to installing UPP. I'm not sure what the difference is between the old one and this one. If you install the full version it says it'll do the following:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit:
The instructions say:
"No Dim: These files are alternate option of no dim patch. If you want to install them, you must choose and install only one of them. Otherwise, no dim clean will be applied."

and

"The "clean" version only adds the hand-holding lines [A]"

So you get the hand-holding lines whether you pick an optional file or not. The full version just adds all of the other stuff

Last edited:
Reactions: Monosomething

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I would imagine you had some form of nodim patch prior to installing UPP. I'm not sure what the difference is between the old one and this one. If you install the full version it says it'll do the following:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit:
The instructions say:
"No Dim: These files are alternate option of no dim patch. If you want to install them, you must choose and install only one of them. Otherwise, no dim clean will be applied."

and

"The "clean" version only adds the hand-holding lines [A]"

So you get the hand-holding lines whether you pick an optional file or not. The full version just adds all of the other stuff
Oh, its a "cosmetics" file... yeah, ill grab it then.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I can't tell if I like the head tracking or not. I'll have to play around with it more, but I might end up picking one of the "no head tracking" versions instead
Well, ive picked the file you noted. It has head tracking. The close ups and eye tracking were already in the game, since ive seen them before. Interestingly, as for head-tracking - SOME characters had it prior to me installing this file, others not. Which is why i never bothered picking it up in the first place. Now, with it installed, all characters head track onto another NPC if youre interrupted or competed over.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Well, ive picked the file you noted. It has head tracking. The close ups and eye tracking were already in the game, since ive seen them before. Interestingly, as for head-tracking - SOME characters had it prior to me installing this file, others not. Which is why i never bothered picking it up in the first place. Now, with it installed, all characters head track onto another NPC if youre interrupted or competed over.
I haven't seen it with interruptions yet, but I feel like the head tracking during one on one conversations is a bit too slow. The speed might also depend on the personality though.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I haven't seen it with interruptions yet, but I feel like the head tracking during one on one conversations is a bit too slow. The speed might also depend on the personality though.
No, the NPCs are just this sluggish with their tracking habits. Doesnt bother me much, since i just skip the convos anyway (those i have memorized in how they start at least), but it does add a bit of depth to the otherwise plain NPCs.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
No, the NPCs are just this sluggish with their tracking habits. Doesnt bother me much, since i just skip the convos anyway (those i have memorized in how they start at least), but it does add a bit of depth to the otherwise plain NPCs.
I skip through conversations too for the most part. I guess I'll see whether I find it too distracting. It does add some life to the NPCs.

Head tracking aside, I am now seeing subtitles for NPC-NPC conversations for personalities that didn't previously have any, such as Graceful and Tense, so there's definitely an improvement there.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Head tracking aside, I am now seeing subtitles for NPC-NPC conversations for personalities that didn't previously have any, such as Graceful and Tense, so there's definitely an improvement there.
Ive had experience with this since youve pointed me in the direction of that Mega link. All characters are subbed (apart from chat interactions). A new world opens before you! Heheh.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes