Jan 26, 2018
The outfits aren't showing up? Unless you downloaded the ppx files for additional outfits and placed them into your data folder, you'll only have whatever the game normally comes with.
i got them from im not good a this so if i screwd up can you tell me what i did wrong?

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
i got them from here im not good a this so if i screwd up can you tell me what i did wrong?
Those are just additional textures for outfits. Those aren't outfits themselves. Follow the part of the guide titled "Clothing Collection(CC) and Uncensor". That's the most common clothing pack and uncensor, and that pack will add the most outfits by far. There's some other clothing packs that are more niche that are sometimes used by card makers.

Jan 26, 2018
Those are just additional textures for outfits. Those aren't outfits themselves. Follow the part of the guide titled "Clothing Collection(CC) and Uncensor". That's the most common clothing pack and uncensor, and that pack will add the most outfits by far. There's some other clothing packs that are more niche that are sometimes used by card makers.
so i have been using the wrong one all this time?:eek:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Twisted does have some weird lines, as the name suggests. I only have one card with that personality, and I tend to avoid it since it also has the Succubus module. I prefer to foist her onto my enemies instead.

Space Case is weird also. Gyaru I find pretty annoying. I've never really thought about a favorite. There's some that I haven't tried yet, but I guess if I had to pick one I'd say Harsh. It's not as overbearing as some of the others.
For me, the annoying ones are Gyaru, Returnee, Enigma, and Silent. (Especially the last one why does that even exist?!?)

As for my favorites, Harsh, Irritated, Quiet, Creepy, Joyful, Lazy, Dark, Affable, and Delinquent.
Alright, alright... lemme just open the editor real quick (since my memory of those is kinda hazy from time to time...and i definitely havent used some of them - will get to those)

I can confidently say that i have... three attitudes towards some personalities - i like them, they dont bother me, or i absolutely loathe them.

(not in order)

1. Those i like:

-Mature -Manly -Quiet -Harsh -Brave -Affable -Handsome -Bookish -Emotionless
-Caring -Lazy -Kind -Joyful -Wise -Calm -Dark -Friendly -Sadistic
-Dignified -Aloof -Sweet -Empress -AA1 Aloof -Rough -Tomboy -Traditional

(A shrink could probably spot a pattern here... heheh!)

2. Those that dont bother me... are everything i havent mentioned --

3. Those i loathe:

-Lively -Creepy -Obscene -Yandere
-Frisky -AA1Pure -Twisted -Gyaru
-Cheerful -AA1Sweet -Kouhai -Chuuni

(Another case for a shrink to look into!)

And... finally... personalities i havent used for one reason or another:
-Silent (because its silent...)
-Returnee (because its in english and breaks immersion)
-Space Case (I simply havent used it yet, but there was probably a reason for that too... her line in the editor put me off)
-Succubus (because its just Mature personality with a slight tone change)

EDIT: almost forgot!

If Wise personality would use her original H-voices - that would be my favorite.... but it doesnt, so a favorite of mine doesnt exist :(

Reactions: JustAl

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
-Space Case (I simply havent used it yet, but there was probably a reason for that too... her line in the editor put me off)
I don't necessarily have a problem with Space Case, but it's not the kind of personality you can just slap on any character. The lines aren't generic enough to fit a wide variety of characters. The only character I have with that personality is .

Chuuni has the same problem where it's very niche. I don't mind that personality, but it definitely seems most suited to demonic/evil characters.

Reactions: Monosomething

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I don't necessarily have a problem with Space Case, but it's not the kind of personality you can just slap on any character. The lines aren't generic enough to fit a wide variety of characters. The only character I have with that personality is .

Chuuni has the same problem where it's very niche. I don't mind that personality, but it definitely seems most suited to demonic/evil characters.
Youre making a good point. Some personalities are meant to be used with specific cards and/or are very niche, where it feels like they stick out like a sore thumb. Problem is i ignore those "weird" cards (discolored, demonic, blah) so im having issues finding a card to slap those personalities onto. Doesnt mean the personality is bad - i just misuse it.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
and Silent. (Especially the last one why does that even exist?!?)
But what of all the poor souls lined up to start modding the game? Just think of all the possible new dialogue you could add... :KEK:

Although she is hardly The First Of Her Name Trope, I suspect the reason Silent module exists is because AA2 was discovered by a fan.

Kujokuji

Mar 12, 2019
I suspect the reason Silent module exists is because AA2 was discovered by a fan.
Hey, I like the character myself, but I think the quiet personality fits her best. I know there are also the "mute" personalities but I don't have those in my version of the game.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Speaking of personalities, or, rather, modules: if I grab a card that ends up having a module not on the AAU list thingy in the Editor - is it still going to function? Are custom modules made to be standalone? I remember downloading some card way back when AAU was at 1.9.0, if not 1.8.0, and it had some module attached to it that I never figured out whether it was working or not. Plus, now I am kind of tempted to purge the bloat that is Bias/Hunter/Race (and the like) modules - if I end up getting a card that has one of those down the road, what am I going to be looking at: "works just fine", "is ignored just fine" or "breaks the game just fine"?

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Speaking of personalities, or, rather, modules: if I grab a card that ends up having a module not on the AAU list thingy in the Editor - is it still going to function? Are custom modules made to be standalone? I remember downloading some card way back when AAU was at 1.9.0, if not 1.8.0, and it had some module attached to it that I never figured out whether it was working or not. Plus, now I am kind of tempted to purge the bloat that is Bias/Hunter/Race (and the like) modules - if I end up getting a card that has one of those down the road, what am I going to be looking at: "works just fine", "is ignored just fine" or "breaks the game just fine"?
To my (limited) knowledge, modules are contained within cards - it doesnt matter whether you have a module "stashed". They will work regardless.

Reactions: Tsugumi

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
They work fine. Modules are merely a package of triggers, and the triggers are confined to the card. The triggers are not reliant on anything except AAU's functions for calling events in game, which I assume only gain functions with later AAU versions instead of lose functions. So yes, your modules will continue to work from the card even if they don't exist in your installation. The dependency is on AAU itself, not on the module.

Reactions: Tsugumi

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
Modules are loaded with high priority from disk, the ones included on the card are only used if you do not already have the module on disk. The modules that you use have to be compatible with the version of AAU you're using, so cards that have outdated modules may possibly have issues if you are missing those modules from disk. I doubt that's going to be common.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
This is a new one for me. Somebody got stuck under the floor here:
Untitled.png

Edit: Actually, this might not be that uncommon. There's some NPCs running up and down the stairs below trying to get to the NPC. I've seen that behavior before but I could never figure out what was causing it. There must have been an NPC stuck under the floor in those instances also, but this is the first time I've actually seen the head sticking out of the floor.

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
This is a new one for me. Somebody got stuck under the floor here:
View attachment 3747360

Edit: Actually, this might not be that uncommon. There's some NPCs running up and down the stairs below trying to get to the NPC. I've seen that behavior before but I could never figure out what was causing it. There must have been an NPC stuck under the floor in those instances also, but this is the first time I've actually seen the head sticking out of the floor.
While i havent seen anyone get stuck in the floor like that, see where that chick walking down the stairs is? Ive seen NPCs get utterly stuck in a loop and moving back and forth between the top-right most corner of this "room" and the point where the railing turns. When i first saw it, i was ready to blame the "cruel" module, but later on saw this happening without having the module on my PC.

Its just japanese jank...

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
While i havent seen anyone get stuck in the floor like that, see where that chick walking down the stairs is? Ive seen NPCs get utterly stuck in a loop and moving back and forth between the top-right most corner of this "room" and the point where the railing turns. When i first saw it, i was ready to blame the "cruel" module, but later on saw this happening without having the module on my PC.

Its just japanese jank...
Right, I think you've seen the same thing my edit was about. I'm wondering if there isn't always some NPC stuck under the floor in that spot when the NPCs are stuck in the loop, but just farther under the floor where you can't actually see them sticking out.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Right, I think you've seen the same thing my edit was about. I'm wondering if there isn't always some NPC stuck under the floor in that spot when the NPCs are stuck in the loop, but just farther under the floor where you can't actually see them sticking out.
Uhhh... i actually dont think so. Ive seen NPCs get stuck in the loop on too many occasions in multiple places on the "map". This stairway is one example, the courtyard is another and ive even seen it happen in, what seemed like, open space - the main gate.
This usually happens when one (or more) NPCs tries to interrupt sex or a fight, and they get hooked on a piece of scenery, jetting back and forth. Then again, ive seen it happen without a visible reason. Pathfinding at its finest...

Which actually brings an interesting point up - we cant manually traverse the game world. We can only click on locations to make our PC move. The AI, though, is capable of moving around on its own. I know what we see is just a still image, rather than a 3d object (or rather, its an image with some 3d objects scattered here and there), so its curious whether theres a mod that actually allows the PC to move about freely, like the NPCs do.

I know for fact that ive ran into a situation where, in the screenshot you posted, a couple was having sex. Ive seen the NPCs jitter about, ive heard the moaning, but for the life of me couldnt tell where it was happening - its like the couple fucking was invisible (probably stuck in the floor, as youve shown).

Japanese jank x2!

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
A tiny update on the "Lets have sex" call out; while everything in my previous post(s) holds true, there seems to be a "butt" in this:

Untitled.png

A little explanation on how this (doesnt) works:

You use the call out - NPCs that respond positively have a red circle under their feet, while those that dont simply ignore you.
Now... if they repond, and you do get to have sex with them, they will turn to face you, but sometimes, they seem to repond, but theyre facing elsewhere. The counter goes up, but nothing happens.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Uhhh... i actually dont think so. Ive seen NPCs get stuck in the loop on too many occasions in multiple places on the "map". This stairway is one example, the courtyard is another and ive even seen it happen in, what seemed like, open space - the main gate.
This usually happens when one (or more) NPCs tries to interrupt sex or a fight, and they get hooked on a piece of scenery, jetting back and forth. Then again, ive seen it happen without a visible reason. Pathfinding at its finest...
I'm not sure about the other spots you're referring to, but in the case of the stairwell I'm sticking with the hypothesis that NPCs are getting stuck under the floor there, which is what causes other NPCs to run back and forth down at the bottom of the stairs. While that NPC was under there I tried routing to her from the bottom of the stairs, and my PC did the exact same movement back and forth that the NPCs were doing. There's an easy way to test this. The next time you see NPCs at that spot doing the back and forth movement, scroll the mouse wheel and see if it targets any NPCs that aren't visible.

Reactions: Monosomething

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
There's an easy way to test this. The next time you see NPCs at that spot doing the back and forth movement, scroll the mouse wheel and see if it targets any NPCs that aren't visible.
Heh, funny. I completely forgot that this little function exists. Yeah, next time i see it, ima give it a try.

This actually reminded me - if anyone wants to do a test on MM, kick someone out of the class, and put a new card in. Observe their LLDH gain closely, as well as their popularity ranking. Its especially visible in games a couple weeks old - a nobody comes in and instantly jump up to, like, 5th spot on the ranking. Its a good eye opener as to how the mechanic works, because, in spite of all my explanations, people might not quite get how this "magic" happens.

Reactions: Grim
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes