Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Heh, funny. I completely forgot that this little function exists. Yeah, next time i see it, ima give it a try.

This actually reminded me - if anyone wants to do a test on MM, kick someone out of the class, and put a new card in. Observe their LLDH gain closely, as well as their popularity ranking. Its especially visible in games a couple weeks old - a nobody comes in and instantly jump up to, like, 5th spot on the ranking. Its a good eye opener as to how the mechanic works, because, in spite of all my explanations, people might not quite get how this "magic" happens.
It always annoys me that it takes me like a week in-game to build any substantial relationships with my playstyle, meanwhile some NPCs have multiple best friends by day 2.

• Haha
Reactions: Monosomething

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
It always annoys me that it takes me like a week in-game to build any substantial relationships with my playstyle, meanwhile some NPCs have multiple best friends by day 2.
Multiple best friends on day 2 is the least of our concerns - the problems start, where one card gets killed (or i just remove them), gets replaced, and the girl i fought so hard for from the start of the game is now more than eager to suck the new guys dick (mutual "overflowing love!"). Like... what?! You literally told him to study and now you want his kids?!

Fortunately... there more than one way to skin a cat...
the-beatings-will-continue.jpeg
...while simultaneously telling my girl what a piece of shit the new guy is. Works like a charm!

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Multiple best friends on day 2 is the least of our concerns - the problems start, where one card gets killed (or i just remove them), gets replaced, and the girl i fought so hard for from the start of the game is now more than eager to suck the new guys dick (mutual "overflowing love!"). Like... what?! You literally told him to study and now you want his kids?!

Fortunately... there more than one way to skin a cat...
View attachment 3748048
...while simultaneously telling my girl what a piece of shit the new guy is. Works like a charm!
The NPCs in my current game have been unusually standoffish. It's been 3 weeks and barely anyone has hooked up. There's only been a single couple that formed without any sort of influencing from myself. I've also been trying to get the same NPC killed for 3 weeks. I've had him targeted by 3 Evil NPCs so far. The first 2 went after the girl he cheated with first and got arrested. The 3rd Evil NPC has had the TOGETHER FOREVER status for days and hasn't made any attempts yet.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
The NPCs in my current game have been unusually standoffish. It's been 3 weeks and barely anyone has hooked up. There's only been a single couple that formed without any sort of influencing from myself. I've also been trying to get the same NPC killed for 3 weeks. I've had him targeted by 3 Evil NPCs so far. The first 2 went after the girl he cheated with first and got arrested. The 3rd Evil NPC has had the TOGETHER FOREVER status for days and hasn't made any attempts yet.
I think i have to get acquainted with the "killer" module for my PC. Removing someone from the class would be beneficial, once youve made so many enemies that most of the male population part of the class becomes a minefield:

Untitled.png
Untitled1.png

• Haha
Reactions: Kujokuji

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Is the version in the OP up to date, or no?
Depends on what you are asking about:

1. The game itself - yes, up to date.
2. The mod framework pretty much everything runs on, AAU, is not. However, the difference is negligible (1.10.0 in OP versus 1.10.1 in the Modern Install Guide) + AAU can be updated separately afterwards, anyway, and it is a very straightforward process.
3. Mods - nope, they are not even present in the DDL. You would have to go to get some of the "almost everybody uses them" ones.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Untitled.png
Untitled1.png

EDIT:

Does anyone know whether i need to have the lucky trait when using the "killer" module? Or will everyone forget i just *murderized* someone, regardless of witnesses?

Last edited:

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Does anyone know whether i need to have the lucky trait when using the "killer" module? Or will everyone forget i just *murderized* someone, regardless of witnesses?
I've never actually tried that module. Given that murder is normally an NPC-only interaction, I'm uncertain whether the game would have the PC arrested or not. I would just try it at the start of a new day and see, and then reload the save afterwards

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I've never actually tried that module. Given that murder is normally an NPC-only interaction, I'm uncertain whether the game would have the PC arrested or not. I would just try it at the start of a new day and see, and then reload the save afterwards
Yeah... i just tested this now. You do need the lucky trait. I got arrested instantly (and i made sure the victim was in a secluded place without witnesses). And, holy crap, committing this murder took me like 20 seconds. So its not just a matter of finding a secluded place, but also a matter of time before someone comes in to ask whether youve had sex, haha!

EDIT: the yellow text modules come with was hilarious:

"What are you gonna do? Stab me?"

*final words of a guy stabbed to death*

EDIT2: I think i may need the "Thorough" module as well - that one makes it possible to kill someone and get away with it IF nobody saw me do it. Man, i can already see the urge for power boil within me, when >I< am the evil character!

Last edited:
Reactions: AtomicR and Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Yeah... i just tested this now. You do need the lucky trait. I got arrested instantly (and i made sure the victim was in a secluded place without witnesses). And, holy crap, committing this murder took me like 20 seconds. So its not just a matter of finding a secluded place, but also a matter of time before someone comes in to ask whether youve had sex, haha!
Witnesses don't actually matter in the vanilla game. It's all down to the Lucky trait.

Case 1: Killer is Lucky, victim is not -> Killer gets away, victim dies
Case 2: Killer is not Lucky, victim is Lucky -> Killer is arrested, victim survives
Case 3: Killer is Lucky, victim is Lucky -> Killer is arrested, victim dies
Case 4: Killer is not Lucky, victim is not Lucky -> Killer is arrested, victim dies

It becomes more complicated when you start using modules that apply trait modifiers. It then becomes what is the total value of the killer's Lucky modifiers vs the total value of the victim's Lucky modifiers. Modules like Thorough which perform witness checks are using the presence of witnesses or not to possibly apply a Lucky modifier to the killer.

Edit:
My understanding of how modifiers work is as follows:

Case 1: Killer Lucky modifier = 0, victim Lucky modifier = 0 -> No modifiers applied, so the vanilla Lucky rules above take effect instead
Case 2: Killer Lucky modifier = 1, victim Lucky modifier = 0 -> Equivalent to the killer having the Lucky trait. Killer gets away, victim dies
Case 3: Killer Lucky modifier = 0, victim Lucky modifier = 1 -> Equivalent to the victim having the Lucky trait. Killer is arrested, victim survives
Case 4: Killer Lucky modifier = 1, victim Lucky modifier = 1 -> Equivalent to both of them having the Lucky trait. Killer is arrested, victim dies
Case 5: Killer Lucky modifier = 2, victim Lucky modifier = 1 -> Killer gets away, victim dies
Case 6: Killer Lucky modifier = 1, victim Lucky modifier = 2 -> Killer is arrested, victim survives

If the total modifier value is in the negative, even if the card has the Lucky trait, it's essentially like disabling the trait. Regardless of the value, if the modifiers for both cards are negative then it's equivalent to neither of them having Lucky.

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Witnesses don't actually matter in the vanilla game. It's all down to the Lucky trait.

Case 1: Killer is Lucky, victim is not -> Killer gets away, victim dies
Case 2: Killer is not Lucky, victim is Lucky -> Killer is arrested, victim survives
Case 3: Killer is Lucky, victim is Lucky -> Killer is arrested, victim dies
Case 4: Killer is not Lucky, victim is not Lucky -> Killier is arrested, victim dies

It becomes more complicated when you start using modules that apply trait modifiers. It then becomes what is the total value of the killer's Lucky modifiers vs the victim's Lucky modifiers. Modules like Thorough which perform witness checks are using the presence of witnesses or not to possibly apply a Lucky modifier to the killer.
Dont know how frequently i will be using this "new power" - it skips a day, just like a regular murder, which im not a fan of...
I need to find a *simpler* module that does interesting things with regular fighting. Cruel looked promising, but as mentioned - caused a lot of collateral damage.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Dont know how frequently i will be using this "new power" - it skips a day, just like a regular murder, which im not a fan of...
I need to find a *simpler* module that does interesting things with regular fighting. Cruel looked promising, but as mentioned - caused a lot of collateral damage.
The day skip seems to be unavoidable. That's just the hardcoded behavior resulting from murder (attempts)

EDIT2: I think i may need the "Thorough" module as well - that one makes it possible to kill someone and get away with it IF nobody saw me do it. Man, i can already see the urge for power boil within me, when >I< am the evil character!
Despite the description, Thorough won't guarantee you get away with it even if there are no witnesses. See my edit above for how trait modifiers work. It'll make it more likely that you get away with it, but if the victim has a lot of Lucky modifiers stacked then you still might not. Although you've said that you strip modules from all of your cards, so it might not be an issue for you.

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
It prefer not getting my hands dirty, but it's definitely more time consuming. See the 3 weeks I've been trying to get 1 NPC killed off.
I dont even quite grasp how you do it. Do you come up to an evil character and... drown them with bad rumors about their partner? Or something?

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I dont even quite grasp how you do it. Do you come up to an evil character and... drown them with bad rumors about their partner? Or something?
It's a lot of rumor spreading. First I have get the target to hook up with an Evil NPC by spreading good rumors about each of them to the other. Then I have to turn the relationship sour by then spreading bad rumors about each of them to the other. Then I have to get the target to hook up with somebody else via rumors while still in the relationship with the Evil NPC. The person taking the fall that the target will cheat with typically has to be normal virtue or lower, or they'll pretty much never have sex out in public where the Evil NPC will catch them. Then it's mostly a waiting game. I'll keep spreading bad rumors about the target in order to keep them isolated from everyone else.

On my PC I use a combination of , , and modules. Without those the process would take way too long.

Edit: I should also mention it doesn't necessarily have to involve an Evil NPC. The Yandere modules also work, but then the process changes a bit depending on which module is in play. works like the Evil trait. would involve getting the target to hook up with the yandere's lover instead. and are kind of a wildcard. They can't reliably be taken advantage of, but sometimes I'll get lucky and a card with one of those modules will take out the target.

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
It's a lot of rumor spreading. First I have get the target to hook up with an Evil NPC by spreading good rumors about each of them to the other. Then I have to turn the relationship sour by then spreading bad rumors about each of them to the other. Then I have to get the target to hook up with somebody else via rumors while still in the relationship with the Evil NPC. The person taking the fall that the target will cheat with typically has to be normal virtue or lower, or they'll pretty much never have sex out in public where the Evil NPC will catch them. Then it's mostly a waiting game. I'll keep spreading bad rumors about the target in order to keep them isolated from everyone else.
Well... its good that you explained yourself! Because i was about to call you a cuck, for getting into a relationship with an evil chick, baiting her into getting into more relationships and then have everyone killed off by outcompeting them! Heh heh.

On my PC I use a combination of , , and modules. Without those the process would take way too long.
I predicted you mentioning these modules before you even replied! Cant do shit with likes and dislikes alone.
I myself use the Cupid module, so that i can shake off a chick coming after me non stop in a less malevolent way, than having her eat a bunch of hate points from insults - i just use this one to match her up with someone, so she leaves me alone as a result (or, at least, isnt as frequent in her "attacks").

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Well... its good that you explained yourself! Because i was about to call you a cuck, for getting into a relationship with an evil chick, baiting her into getting into more relationships and then have everyone killed off by outcompeting them! Heh heh.

I predicted you mentioning these modules before you even replied! Cant do shit with likes and dislikes alone.
I myself use the Cupid module, so that i can shake off a chick coming after me non stop in a less malevolent way, than having her eat a bunch of hate points from insults - i just use this one to match her up with someone, so she leaves me alone as a result (or, at least, isnt as frequent in her "attacks").
Even with a masterful level of rumor spreading, there still ends up being a lot of randomness involved since I randomly generate most of my class from my available cards. The target in my current game has survived 3 plots so far. I mentioned most of them in this post, but I forgot to mention that the very first Evil NPC I hooked him up with was killed by a Murderous NPC before I could even set the cheating into motion. The 4th plot is still ongoing.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Even with a masterful level of rumor spreading, there still ends up being a lot of randomness involved since I randomly generate most of my class from my available cards. The target in my current game has survived 3 plots so far. I mentioned most of them in this post, but I forgot to mention that the very first Evil NPC I hooked him up with was killed by a Murderous NPC before I could even set the cheating into motion. The 4th plot is still ongoing.
Its interesting seeing/hearing how people play this game.

I (like to) think i play the game fairly conservatively - i do the usual "get in the pants of every chick" or "get in the pants of one chick" and annoy the living bejeezus out of everyone trying to get in their pants by (ab)using my superior love count. The results you could clearly see in the screenshots above - looks like guys just dont like being marginalized by a single individual, intercepting them at every step and competing over them talking about weather and cute bunnies. From then on, though, the situation deteriorates to a point, where all other guys want to fight me. While i will endure it for a while, it gets boring rather quickly, so im spicing things up by picking up the killer module... which i will probably use very infrequently. Would be nice to have some sort of module to boost fighting, so that the loser would... i dont know. Walk at a pace of the Otaku personality for the rest of the day? Or something?

You doing your scheming would be too time consuming for me. Plus, i hate skipping days.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes