Kujokuji

Mar 12, 2019
Do you have a link for the card that's complaining about the stalking?
sorry for not responding, but it's not just one card that's been doing it. I don't know what conditions triggers it, but it happens to any card at random, even some of the base game cards gets affected by it.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
sorry for not responding, but it's not just one card that's been doing it. I don't know what conditions triggers it, but it happens to any card at random, even some of the base game cards gets affected by it.
Unless there's some module on one of the cards in your class that's globally influencing that behavior, I'm not sure what else would cause that. In all of my time playing I can only recall a single stalking complaint.

Kujokuji

Mar 12, 2019
Unless there's some module on one of the cards in your class that's globally influencing that behavior, I'm not sure what else would cause that. In all of my time playing I can only recall a single stalking complaint.
Eh, it doesn't happen ALL the time, but it's weird when it does. *shrugs*

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Eh, it doesn't happen ALL the time, but it's weird when it does. *shrugs*
Well you might just be inadvertently following them. I don't know the exact number, but if you keep following NPCs through several rooms and don't interact with them they might eventually complain.

Kujokuji

Mar 12, 2019
if you keep following NPCs through several rooms and don't interact with them they might eventually complain.
That's the strange thing though, I've got it twice before, after interacting with them and then the npc moving to an adjacent room just to immediately come back to give me the warning.

I'll probably eventually figure it out, but for now it's too insignificant of a glitch for me to care too much about.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
PS. To any who may be interested, for the official PC specs to run the game. Altough in Japanese, the list is pretty much self-explanatory.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Less people = less social chaos.
I'm of the opinion that if you remove all of the chaos of larger numbers of NPCs and mechanics like murder, then the game will ultimately end up feeling stale.
My two cents on murder: while I am of the opinion that some RNG chaos is a good thing - mixing things up and all -, I would say the chaos it brings is superficial. It does nothing you cannot otherwise do, and has no long-lasting consequences: you can edit the roster if you want to remove a student/teacher, and you might as well roll an imaginary D25 to choose the "sacrifices". After that...nothing - victim gone, killer gone, class goes on.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
My two cents on murder: while I am of the opinion that some RNG chaos is a good thing - mixing things up and all -, I would say the chaos it brings is superficial. It does nothing you cannot otherwise do, and has no long-lasting consequences: you can edit the roster if you want to remove a student/teacher, and you might as well roll an imaginary D25 to choose the "sacrifices". After that...nothing - victim gone, killer gone, class goes on.
Dont forget the skipped day - between 2 and 4 "break periods" worth of interactions gone.

• Sad
Reactions: Tsugumi

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Dont forget the skipped day - between 2 and 4 "break periods" worth of interactions gone.
It's not like there's a limited number of days though, so I never understood the complaint about skipped days.

You could say that about any aspect of this game. It's not like it's a particularly challenging or deep game, so you ultimately have to come up with your own rules and make up your own fun

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
It's not like there's a limited number of days though, so I never understood the complaint about skipped days.
Well... its gonna be difficult to put my thought process into written word, but ima give it a try.

A single break period allows you to perform about... 20 interactions, with change. You can spend them any way you like, but i tend to plan out what i want to do - particularly in the early game. I have a "build order" (if you wanna call it that), and in the first few days of the game, i follow it, more or less, to the letter. Then some jerkwad decides to murder someone, and im interrupted mid-task. I find this horrendously annoying (almost on the same level as some NPC interrupting you having sex for no reason, other than their trait prompting them do to so - "wHaT aRe YoU gUyS dOiNg?!")

Then, as ive mentioned a while ago, theres the matter of me playing for one or two days, and doing something else afterwards. If im forced into another day by a murder - thats not great.

But, i think, the greatest issue i have with skipping days is MM. Its very situational, but it happened on one or two occasions.
So, imagine that you just got into a relationship with a high virtue chick. MM, being unpredictable as it is, suddenly decided to shower both your girl and some schmuck with enough love count to get into a relationship, due to them interacting once or twice when you werent looking or even expecting anything to happen (by that i mean you watched the statue, and only saw "Dont know" as their mutual status, but after one random interaction, it jumped up to "Overflowing love!" without you noticing). They get into a relationship - you think to yourself "easy - i just shoo the guy away; i have 3 days to go about it"... and then due to a random murder the day is skipped. You now have 2 days to shoo the guy away (or rather, 1 day, given how the game counts these days). The next day comes, you have chased the guy off one or two times... and ANOTHER murder happened! Another day skipped - you now have NO time to prevent them from becoming sex friends (NPCs have a unique interaction that cant be interrupted, involving asking the other to have sex - red circle under their feet until its finished). Enjoy.

Time is a resource. Whether its a game, real life, or anything else. And of all the resources we gather and spend during our lifetime, wasted time is the most expensive one.

Its also one of the reasons why i only have two NPCs capable of committing murder in my deck - i dont like interruptions, and the only time i put them in the roster is if i play polygamous and dont care. Ive even removed the killer module off my PC - what it does isnt exactly amazing, since i can just kick the cards that are hopelessly singled out, without skipping days.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Well... its gonna be difficult to put my thought process into written word, but ima give it a try.

A single break period allows you to perform about... 20 interactions, with change. You can spend them any way you like, but i tend to plan out what i want to do - particularly in the early game. I have a "build order" (if you wanna call it that), and in the first few days of the game, i follow it, more or less, to the letter. Then some jerkwad decides to murder someone, and im interrupted mid-task. I find this horrendously annoying (almost on the same level as some NPC interrupting you having sex for no reason, other than their trait prompting them do to so - "wHaT aRe YoU gUyS dOiNg?!")

Then, as ive mentioned a while ago, theres the matter of me playing for one or two days, and doing something else afterwards. If im forced into another day by a murder - thats not great.

But, i think, the greatest issue i have with skipping days is MM. Its very situational, but it happened on one or two occasions.
So, imagine that you just got into a relationship with a high virtue chick. MM, being unpredictable as it is, suddenly decided to shower both your girl and some schmuck with enough love count to get into a relationship, due to them interacting once or twice when you werent looking or even expecting anything to happen (by that i mean you watched the statue, and only saw "Dont know" as their mutual status, but after one random interaction, it jumped up to "Overflowing love!" without you noticing). They get into a relationship - you think to yourself "easy - i just shoo the guy away; i have 3 days to go about it"... and then due to a random murder the day is skipped. You now have 2 days to shoo the guy away (or rather, 1 day, given how the game counts these days). The next day comes, you have chased the guy off one or two times... and ANOTHER murder happened! Another day skipped - you now have NO time to prevent them from becoming sex friends (NPCs have a unique interaction that cant be interrupted, involving asking the other to have sex - red circle under their feet until its finished). Enjoy.

Time is a resource. Whether its a game, real life, or anything else. And of all the resources we gather and spend during our lifetime, wasted time is the most expensive one.

Its also one of the reasons why i only have two NPCs capable of committing murder in my deck - i dont like interruptions, and the only time i put them in the roster is if i play polygamous and dont care. Ive even removed the killer module off my PC - what it does isnt exactly amazing, since i can just kick the cards that are hopelessly singled out, without skipping days.
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but the AAU launcher has a nomurder script that you can enable

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but the AAU launcher has a nomurder script that you can enable
I know, but without the murder mechanic, evil characters are a type of incompetent schemer trait. Incompetent, because they will only rape their lover if their lover paid them no mind throughout the day.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I know, but without the murder mechanic, evil characters are a type of incompetent schemer trait. Incompetent, because they will only rape their lover if their lover paid them no mind throughout the day.
It seems odd to me to complain so much about a mechanic that you can disable. And on the point of being forced to play an entire extra day, I would agree with you except AAU has implemented quicksaves with the extsave script. I use it all the time for that exact reason, because I don't always want to play another day either.

Kujokuji

Mar 12, 2019
It seems odd to me to complain so much about a mechanic that you can disable. And on the point of being forced to play an entire extra day, I would agree with you except AAU has implemented quicksaves with the extsave script. I use it all the time for that exact reason, because I don't always want to play another day either.
I kind of get where he's coming from. I guess it's sort of "masochistic" to play with mechanics that you don't entirely agree with, but feels empty when it's gone, (or nerfed in nomurder case.)

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Ultimately I think my point is that different people find different things fun, and a mechanic shouldn't be removed just because you personally don't have any interest in it. Especially if said mechanic can easily be disabled. While murder might not have been implemented the best in this game, rather than remove it entirely in the next I'd rather see it improved upon, while still keeping an option to disable it if desired.

Reactions: Monosomething

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Ultimately I think my point is that different people find different things fun, and a mechanic shouldn't be removed just because you personally don't have any interest in it. Especially if said mechanic can easily be disabled. While murder might not have been implemented the best in this game, rather than remove it entirely in the next I'd rather see it improved upon, while still keeping an option to disable it if desired.
I never said anything about removing a mechanic. In fact, i havent removed even a single function in the cheating (additional) tab. Even if dont like *some things* (getting interrupted non-stop due to a bunch of chicks having high love count with me), im not going to tick the function that blocks NPC -> PC interruptions. Thats how the game was designed.

On the topic saves: the game was meant to be played from the start of the day till finish. Having the extra ability to save might be convenient (and im sure i would make extensive use of it - just imagine me saving after every break period to check my exact LLDH... crazy) but allows for too much abuse. Being able to save this frequently borders save-scumming. Interactions fail, you get rejected or even cucked, but you plow on. This game has a lot of those rogue-like elements in it. I mean, something as stupid as one of the friendly talk options has a second die roll, where you might succeed on the attempt, but then get the worst result ever, foiling your attempt completely. Theres a certain... charm to it.

I may not be a fan of murder, primarily due to day skipping, but i dont mind (or care) if other people like it. I also wont tell anyone to stop using it. "You do you" as the foreigners say, while i will just keep the evil characters off my roster, until i (maybe) change my mind or the way i play.

Reactions: Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
On the topic saves: the game was meant to be played from the start of the day till finish. Having the extra ability to save might be convenient (and im sure i would make extensive use of it - just imagine me saving after every break period to check my exact LLDH... crazy) but allows for too much abuse. Being able to save this frequently borders save-scumming. Interactions fail, you get rejected or even cucked, but you plow on. This game has a lot of those rogue-like elements in it. I mean, something as stupid as one of the friendly talk options has a second die roll, where you might succeed on the attempt, but then get the worst result ever, foiling your attempt completely. Theres a certain... charm to it.
I think it just comes down to self-control, and only using it when appropriate. I only ever use it at the start of the day if there was a time skip. I'd be perfectly willing to just leave the game running in the background and pick it up some other time if I didn't want to play another day, but I once had a couple days worth of murders/expulsions occur, only to suffer a game crash. So rather than losing a single day of progress, I lost 3 days instead. Now I just play it safe and make a quicksave whenever it jumps a day.

Reactions: Monosomething

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
You could say that about any aspect of this game. It's not like it's a particularly challenging or deep game, so you ultimately have to come up with your own rules and make up your own fun
My point was precisely that taking murder out results in no "fun" to be "lost", because every function is duplicated elsewhere. To give an example: take casual interactions out - that would hamper the LLDH progression; take, God forbid, sexual interactions out - it is now...something sterile; take training (study/sports/club activities) out - short-term [at least] you affect Saturday exam results and things relying on it, like Lewd Promises; and so on. Various other mechanics are not only unique (they bring something to the table nothing else does), some are outright essential to keeping the game together. Take murder out - ...nothing is affected, it mirrors functionality already present in the game.

To simplify: my comment was not about removing something due to annoyance or the like, it was about me perceiving the mechanic as completely redundant.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
My point was precisely that taking murder out results in no "fun" to be "lost", because every function is duplicated elsewhere. To give an example: take casual interactions out - that would hamper the LLDH progression; take, God forbid, sexual interactions out - it is now...something sterile; take training (study/sports/club activities) out - short-term [at least] you affect Saturday exam results and things relying on it, like Lewd Promises; and so on. Various other mechanics are not only unique (they bring something to the table nothing else does), some are outright essential to keeping the game together. Take murder out - ...nothing is affected, it mirrors functionality already present in the game.

To simplify: my comment was not about removing something due to annoyance or the like, it was about me perceiving the mechanic as completely redundant.
Except suggesting that I as the player could instead make the decisions for imaginary arrests, murders, and expulsions and just eject the cards from the roster completely discounts the influence of the AI on those events. And if there's no murders, then there's no need for arrests either. At that point might as well remove teacher expulsions as well since I could just flip a coin each day to determine whether the teacher should remain in the roster or not.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Except suggesting that I as the player could instead make the decisions for imaginary arrests, murders, and expulsions and just eject the cards from the roster completely discounts the influence of the AI on those events.
Exactly: AI influences those events, not the other way around.

At that point might as well remove teacher expulsions as well since I could just flip a coin each day to determine whether the teacher should remain in the roster or not.
"Disable interruptions" does remove expulsions for those wanting to get rid of them, and as for the coin flipping - the game does it for the player, anyway. But yes, in the context of the logic I described earlier for murder being applied to expulsions - "might as well".

MiniPPX v8? what's this? what did they add?
"What did they add" since when? What are we making the comparison to, here?

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes