Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I've been getting this glitch more recently where a character warns me about stalking them even though I'm not...? I don't think it's correlated but it seems to happen after me getting slapped by an unrelated character.
Is it the same character warning you each time? It might be related some module on the card, but I'm uncertain as to which module might cause that. I once had a character warn me about stalking before even though I was just standing in the same room the entire time as NPCs went in and out of it. By the game's logic, I guess every time the character re-entered the room that I was standing in it would add +1 to the number of rooms I had "followed" them into.

Kujokuji

Mar 12, 2019
Is it the same character warning you each time? It might be related some module on the card, but I'm uncertain as to which module might cause that. I once had a character warn me about stalking before even though I was just standing in the same room the entire time as NPCs went in and out of it. By the game's logic, I guess every time the character re-entered the room that I was standing in it would add +1 to the number of rooms I had "followed" them into.
I guess so, it's been happening occasionally.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I've been getting this glitch more recently where a character warns me about stalking them even though I'm not...? I don't think it's correlated but it seems to happen after me getting slapped by an unrelated character.
Definitely sounds like something a module would do. Im not quite sure about the exact mechanics of how the PC stalking works, but im guessing you would literally need to trail a NPC when it goes from one room to another for a fair bit of time/rooms.

First time i was told to stop following someone was literally some time after i started playing this game. The second (and last) time was... 3 months ago? 4? The requirements for the NPC to tell you to back off seem pretty steep.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Definitely sounds like something a module would do. Im not quite sure about the exact mechanics of how the PC stalking works, but im guessing you would literally need to trail a NPC when it goes from one room to another for a fair bit of time/rooms.

First time i was told to stop following someone was literally some time after i started playing this game. The second (and last) time was... 3 months ago? 4? The requirements for the NPC to tell you to back off seem pretty steep.
I can only recall ever getting that conversation the one time that I mentioned, and that was like a couple weeks ago, so it seems to be pretty rare. For somebody to get it multiple times in a short time frame does sound odd to me, which is why I would guess it's caused by a module of some sort, but without knowing what modules are on the PC and the card complaining about stalking, I can only speculate.

Bocoboco

Jan 18, 2018
New and a video for the new game are up. Interestingly enough, it shows that there can be more characters than the initial 12 in the world.

Again, someone else will have to translate the images, but here are the two passages at the top and bottom of the new page:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I noticed that they're really emphasizing the town changing based your actions/inaction. It probably wont be that in-depth, but it sounds neat.

Reactions: Saga89 and Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
New and a video for the new game are up. Interestingly enough, it shows that there can be more characters than the initial 12 in the world.

Again, someone else will have to translate the images, but here are the two passages at the top and bottom of the new page:

I noticed that they're really emphasizing the town changing based your actions/inaction. It probably wont be that in-depth, but it sounds neat.
Yeah I've seen in some instances that there's definitely more than 12 characters in view, so I'm curious how that works. Can they all be interacted with, or are you limited to 12 at a time. Are all of them "real" characters, or are the rest merely unimportant background characters.

Edit: The cafe shot in the video seems to show 24 characters in view. That's the most I've seen so far. It could be a Sims-type situation, where you have all of the real NPCs (residents) that you can interact with fully and have the full AI, and then you have the townies which have a simpler AI, and are basically there to make the town look more populated and to fill certain roles.

Last edited:

Bocoboco

Jan 18, 2018
Yeah I've seen in some instances that there's definitely more than 12 characters in view, so I'm curious how that works. Can they all be interacted with, or are you limited to 12 at a time. Are all of them "real" characters, or are the rest merely unimportant background characters.

Edit: The cafe shot in the video seems to show 24 characters in view. That's the most I've seen so far.
It'd be nice if they were real, but I'm just going to assume they're there to make the world feel lively, and at most react to you fucking around.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
It'd be nice if they were real, but I'm just going to assume they're there to make the world feel lively, and at most react to you fucking around.
If that is the case, at the very least I hope the background characters can be edited/drawn from your available cards

Bocoboco

Jan 18, 2018
Another little gameplay thing I noticed in the video: It shows you the percent value of an action before you choose it instead of after now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Another little gameplay thing I noticed in the video: It shows you the percent value of an action before you choose it instead of after now.
I'm not sure that I like that. Takes away the challenge of learning a character's likes/dislikes, and lessens the chance of potentially pissing them off. Hopefully there's a setting to hide that or change it to show the % after the choice is made rather than before.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
is there a way to increase the class size?
No, 25 is the max number of characters you can have.

Fixed Modules

Natural Enemy-Vampire

This module had a broken Init trigger which would cause warnings to be displayed in the console. The issue was due to a typo in a variable name which I've corrected: rance -> race
I've added another module to the list

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
talking about modules: what are the effects of the "Low Self-Esteem" one?
At a glance, I guess it's just supposed to make the NPC act meekly, where they will often apologize to their lover if their lover is angry, or if the NPC is sad they'll grumble to other NPCs that have a bad opinion of them. If they get praised or headpatted it'll add additional like/love towards the NPC that did so.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
1. The roster will have 12 (twelve) characters instead of 25 (twenty-five). Also there will be no reserved place for a teacher or any other special role.
Less people = less social chaos.

2. The game will repeat Honey Come visuals with powered-up character creator options for boys and girls alike.
No comment.

3. Instead of the controversial murdering, It seems there will be a blackmail system ("I know your weakness. Obey me or you'll know.").
Couldnt care less, to be honest. Though i know *someone* here will be cross!

official PC specs to run the game
No surprise here, but cant run it.

Overall, the new game is really bad. Better graphics (which does not make a game), but everything else is dumbed down. Ima repeat myself here: i dont like the setup - its still going to be about kids in their teens and a school setting, rather than people in their 20s-30s. You can make something like AA2 without the school setting, like a vacation resort. Some people come in and stay there for an amount of time - morally dubious things happen (as they do in AA2).

Illusion/Ill-games seems to follow the tried and true method, but failing at what made AA2 great.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I'm of the opinion that if you remove all of the chaos of larger numbers of NPCs and mechanics like murder, then the game will ultimately end up feeling stale. It's not like their simulation is ever going to reach the level of The Sims, so you need the chaos to spice things up. If I wanted a generic poser I'd go play Koikatsu or Honey Select

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes