Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I'm testing a new cooldown module in my ongoing battle royale game, and in the console all I can see is line after line of:

[INFO] Cooldown: Canceling threat dialogue for Roselle Fox

I'm not sure I will end up releasing this though. There seems to be a bit of a performance hit whenever it cancels an action. It's possible that it's just more noticeable to me since my game is already module/trigger heavy to begin with. I guess the question is which is more annoying: small lag spikes, or endless harassment. I'm also not sure how much of a performance impact the logging has. Maybe it'll be less noticeable when I remove the logging.

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I'm testing a new cooldown module in my ongoing battle royale game, and in the console all I can see is line after line of:

I'm not sure I will end up releasing this though. There seems to be a bit of a performance hit whenever it cancels an action. It's possible that it's just more noticeable to me since my game is already module/trigger heavy to begin with. I guess the question is which is more annoying: small lag spikes, or endless harassment. I'm also not sure how much of a performance impact the logging has. Maybe it'll be less noticeable when I remove the logging.
The lag resulting from this might be a wee bit too annoying... keep trying!

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
The lag resulting from this might be a wee bit too annoying... keep trying!
In most/all of your games you might not even notice since you don't tend to play with murderers or get on their bad side, so you wouldn't be facing their non-stop threats that they spam you with. Currently the module only covers murder notices/threats and the exploitable line, and the exploitable line doesn't get spammed nearly as much, so not as many actions being cancelled. I'll have to see how it performs when I'm not currently marked for death.

Edit: Actually, I think the lag might be from a mistake I made. I've been testing another module as well, and out of habit I exported the Cooldown module under the name of the other module, so instead of just the PC having the Cooldown module, a bunch of cards in the class had it under a different name.

Last edited:

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Module: Cooldown
Here it is if anyone wants to test it. Seems to work fine in the limited testing I've done so far. If you want to add it to your PC in an ongoing game you'll have to use QtEdit to import "AAUnlimited data" from the Advanced tab after adding it to your card in AA2Edit. I'm open to suggestions for other interactions that should be added, and for how long the cooldown period should be.

Description:
Restricts certain interactions towards the PC to once per day. Globals prefixed with COOLDOWN_ can be set to true or false to set whether the interaction should go on cooldown or not.

Interactions:
-Exploitable hint dialogue
-Threat/murder notice

[PC Only]

Snow_Ball69

Apr 2, 2022
anyone know how im supposed to identify and remove skinwalker module or possibily haunted module?
Redtext that says let me in, and it wont go away after the period ends or even days later.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
So, what card makers you like?
Some of my favorites that come to mind are: , , , , , ,

has some good looking ones also, but they rarely put any modules on the cards, so I tend to not bother with them.

anyone know how im supposed to identify and remove skinwalker module or possibily haunted module?
Redtext that says let me in, and it wont go away after the period ends or even days later.
Probably have to look at each card in the editor to see what modules they have on them. I don't think the console messages for those modules will reveal the character/card.

Reactions: Snow_Ball69

Snow_Ball69

Apr 2, 2022
Some of my favorites that come to mind are: , , , , , ,

has some good looking ones also, but they rarely put any modules on the cards, so I tend to not bother with them.

Probably have to look at each card in the editor to see what modules they have on them. I don't think the console messages for those modules will reveal the character/card.
ONE by ONE?

oh lord.

thanks if anyone else knows a better way let me know please!

Snow_Ball69

Apr 2, 2022
Click either Make Male Character or Make Female Character depending on who you want to look at, and the click Open File and select the card

Persona

Traits

weird i dont see skin walker?

Snow_Ball69

Apr 2, 2022
lord this is gonna take a fat minute to go through all these characters...

On the other hand.. i now know how to customize the characters to the way i like them :p!

thanks again!

Binzubayr94

Dec 28, 2021
Pretty new to AA2 after like a 12 year hiatus. Currently not very happy with the breast physics, is there a mod out there to help out? Anytime I go passed 100%, the boobas look really stiff.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes