Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Quick question: If i don't have the additional personalities mod - do cards using these personalities in my folder just not show up ingame? Or do they show up as a another personality?
If you're missing the personality that the card expects then it defaults to the Sweet personality

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Monosomething

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
If you're missing the personality that the card expects then it defaults to the Sweet personality
Really? I kind of thought it would work the same way modules work - even if you dont have the module a card comes with, the module will still work.

Then again, a module is a simple piece of code, while a personality is a crapton of pre-recorded voice lines and... stuff.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Really? I kind of thought it would work the same way modules work - even if you dont have the module a card comes with, the module will still work.

Then again, a module is a simple piece of code, while a personality is a crapton of pre-recorded voice lines and... stuff.
Yeah I'm sure if the personalities were packed with the cards it would balloon the size of the cards immensely

• Haha

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
A 250 MB card, due to a personality you dont have. Oof.
There is some level of compression that happens when packing a card, because the size of the overrides that get extracted from cards is always a lot bigger than the card itself. It would still definitely have an impact though.

May 20, 2021
The first reason being that everybody loves to put various murder modules on cards... so you cant actually play the game, and you either get murdered, or are forced to skip days! Phooey!
I love having played through an entire day and making it to the evening just to get skipped to a new morning without a chance to save because a card decides to attempt a murder out of the blue, finally making it to the evening of the next day and just having the game crash on me! Totally fun!

If you get killed, the day is skipped (as with any murder) and you are forcibly set as another NPC (which becomes your PC). Your slot remains free, however, so you can re-instate your old PC whenever you get an opportunity (after the day ends).
Oh. Is that a setting hidden down somewhere? I've usually been dumped back to the menu when I get slayed

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
next day and just having the game crash on me! Totally fun!
Ever since ive started stripping modules off of cards, any and all instances of crashes for me have ceased. Im not telling you to strip modules, but be aware that *some* might cause issues. Other than that - make sure everything is installed correctly. Some mods might cause crashes too.

Oh. Is that a setting hidden down somewhere? I've usually been dumped back to the menu when I get slayed
Im... actually unsure of this bit now. Ive had one of my PCs killed off once, and all that happened was i was sent to the in-between-days break. But maybe im just wrong. Grim ?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Im... actually unsure of this bit now. Ive had one of my PCs killed off once, and all that happened was i was sent to the in-between-days break. But maybe im just wrong. Grim ?
I'm not typically on the receiving end, but when I got murdered in my last game it sent me back to the main menu. I didn't try to reload the save and instead just started a new game, but I assume if I had done so it would have loaded the game to before the murder. The wiki also says "The game will end if the PC is killed by a character with the "Evil" trait right after the NPC gives its last words"

Edit: There are modules that prevent death, but I've never really inspected them or used them. There's the module which supposedly works on the PC also, and there's the module, but that one is NPC only

Edit 2: I ran a quick test in a class with a PC and 2 NPCs, and repeated it a few times by having one of the NPCs murder me. If the PC survives and the NPC is arrested then the game continues and it skips to the next day, but if the PC dies then it sends you back to the menu. If you reload the save then it loads to before the murder.

Edit 3: So the Nine Lives module isn't doing anything special. It's just another one that applies Lucky modifiers during murder interactions.

Last edited:

sibis

Dec 10, 2021
where can u download aa2 in github i see only the new updates no download button ? ( sorry im new in this thread )

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
where can u download aa2 in github i see only the new updates no download button ? ( sorry im new in this thread )
The github repo is for the modding framework rather than the game itself. Follow which links to the game download and walks you through setting everything up

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
So... rather than playing the game, ive made attempts to just spectate it instead. Holy crap - the 20 minute timer per break period needs to be shortened to about 10, maybe even 8 minutes. I found this out the hard way - i just started the game, watching from a random cards perspective. Some 15 minutes later, i was like "nah, this aint working".

The main thing was that interactions NPCs have dont cost any time. This is in stark contrast to the PC, where every interactions subtracts from the break periods length - confessions, praises and studying/training takes up the most time, while chat interactions take... about half of that. You can perform about 20 interactions during a single break period, which would nicely fit into draining your 20 minute limit. The AI has no such limitations, so i would have to sit there for 20 minutes, watching the AI fumble and trip over its own legs, running from one location to another, only to interact with someone once per 5 minutes or so.

Im about to embark on a crusade of... doing nothing, and just watching the AI kill itself, trying to figure out how to play the game without a human player in it to mix things up... heheh!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
So... rather than playing the game, ive made attempts to just spectate it instead. Holy crap - the 20 minute timer per break period needs to be shortened to about 10, maybe even 8 minutes. I found this out the hard way - i just started the game, watching from a random cards perspective. Some 15 minutes later, i was like "nah, this aint working".

The main thing was that interactions NPCs have dont cost any time. This is in stark contrast to the PC, where every interactions subtracts from the break periods length - confessions, praises and studying/training takes up the most time, while chat interactions take... about half of that. You can perform about 20 interactions during a single break period, which would nicely fit into draining your 20 minute limit. The AI has no such limitations, so i would have to sit there for 20 minutes, watching the AI fumble and trip over its own legs, running from one location to another, only to interact with someone once per 5 minutes or so.

Im about to embark on a crusade of... doing nothing, and just watching the AI kill itself, trying to figure out how to play the game without a human player in it to mix things up... heheh!
Even during normal gameplay I find the default of 20 minutes to be too long. I think I currently have it set to like 14 minutes. With 20 minutes I was often finding that at the end of the day it would reach a point where everybody had already gone home except me and the teacher.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Even during normal gameplay I find the default of 20 minutes to be too long. I think I currently have it set to like 14 minutes. With 20 minutes I was often finding that at the end of the day it would reach a point where everybody had already gone home except me and the teacher.
I just look for an excuse to leave home with someone on the last break period. Ive already done everything i set out to do during school time. The exception is my skipping time through studying or training, if i need the rank for lewd promises, but thats about it. Theres the option of inviting someone to the restaurant, but depending on how high my love count with them is - the chances might be so shit that even trying isnt worth it. In short - mostly a skipped break period.

Watching the AI do it is a little different. The AI, just like me, spends the time to study, and will sometimes refuse to go home because of it. The other reason is, they might have a meeting set up with someone, so they will also refuse to go home (0% chance). Observing it do it might be interesting... who knows? I wont have access to the statue, so thats gonna be a guessing game as to what the fuck is happening too.

Spectating might be interesting... surprisingly.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes