CrimsonArtifice

Jun 3, 2020
Privileged take
I mean, maybe. What are you targeting specifically when you say privileged? The difficulty of modding the game or access to the mods. Maybe that I have the privilege to be online—that's an entirely different subject. To me saying "Privileged take" is more like a drive-by comment. Modding games like Starbound is pretty simple for me because the game is easy to mod. Back when you had to mount disks and solve moon runes to get Artifical Academy 2 working. I'm grateful that someone put this together so I could revisit this old game.

OrangeGoat

May 23, 2018
its nearly impossible to catalogue everything i have managed to catalogue with mega's often shutting down entirely beyond the most maintained ones, i tried that too and found out how much work went into maintaining a massive database like that. A game like this is impossible to put on a simple and easy to drop preinstall because a single update throws the preinstall out the window and lets low skilled players access the game. the guide is as simple as it could be, and the thread on 4chan is still the best repository of information possible for this games continued development by those very same modders.

I've dealt with several people like you who are quick to dismiss everything after years of effort put together by many people. It's not easy but there's not anything left to make things easier barring a repack that someone has to put together regularly which only helps the large group of people who can't toggle a few settings I pointed out. There are repacks I helped with because the alternative was a bad repack briefly existing that could screw up the install for several people and throw out the standards the community by and large uses and strictly has adhered to for the sake of uniformity, and it went back within a few months anyways.

Dvorytali

Oct 15, 2023
Trying to install uncensored mod(48_uncensor_svii3d_v16) under the Other Sources labeled "AA2 PP2 Mods Mega", but it doesn't seem to work. Launching AA2 with the option "Enable .pp2 resource loading" keeps automatically unchecking itself.
I've also tried unchecking the option "MKIII/CIV (Chinpo.bmp->.tga texture)".
The guideline I am using is stated below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to use:
-Lone .pp2 files: Place the .pp2 file(s) in your data folder.
-Archives: extract the contents to your data folder. If it has a readme, READ IT and follow the instructions contained inside.
-IMPORTANT: When installing or updating a pp2 mod, DELETE ALL OLDER PP2 FILES OF THAT MOD OR YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES.
-Make sure the option "Enable .pp2 resource loading" is checked in "AA2Unlimited"
-OPTIONAL: make sure your .pp2 cache and buffers settings are set correctly. It's in the same launcher tab (AA2Unlimited) as that check box I told you to make sure was enabled. Use the below settings:
-.pp2 cache MB: 500
-.pp2 audio MB: 100
-.pp2 buffers MB: 300
Setting them any higher can and does cause crashes. These are the default settings in newer AA2Mini default configs, so if you've downloaded AA2Mini recently, you don't need to touch these!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Trying to install uncensored mod(48_uncensor_svii3d_v16) under the Other Sources labeled "AA2 PP2 Mods Mega", but it doesn't seem to work. Launching AA2 with the option "Enable .pp2 resource loading" keeps automatically unchecking itself.
I've also tried unchecking the option "MKIII/CIV (Chinpo.bmp->.tga texture)".
The guideline I am using is stated below:

How to use:
-Lone .pp2 files: Place the .pp2 file(s) in your data folder.
-Archives: extract the contents to your data folder. If it has a readme, READ IT and follow the instructions contained inside.
-IMPORTANT: When installing or updating a pp2 mod, DELETE ALL OLDER PP2 FILES OF THAT MOD OR YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES.
-Make sure the option "Enable .pp2 resource loading" is checked in "AA2Unlimited"
-OPTIONAL: make sure your .pp2 cache and buffers settings are set correctly. It's in the same launcher tab (AA2Unlimited) as that check box I told you to make sure was enabled. Use the below settings:
-.pp2 cache MB: 500
-.pp2 audio MB: 100
-.pp2 buffers MB: 300
Setting them any higher can and does cause crashes. These are the default settings in newer AA2Mini default configs, so if you've downloaded AA2Mini recently, you don't need to touch these!

I'd abandon what you're doing and follow the instead. Nobody makes/uses pp2 mods anymore. It's been replaced by ppx, and if you downloaded the MiniPPX version of the game then you shouldn't be using pp2 mods anyway.

notright

Aug 28, 2020
Ok, I feel like this has something to do with censorship maybe but uncensor mods don't seem to change it.

All parts of the game work, when interacting with NPCs and choosing things like "massage" the screen goes black and you only get to hear the interaction.

Anyone else have this and know how to fix it?

I have read all the FAQs also and none of them mention this or a potential fix, or if it's actually intended gameplay.

Last edited:

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Ok, I feel like this has something to do with censorship maybe but uncensor mods don't seem to change it.

All parts of the game work, when interacting with NPCs and choosing things like "massage" the screen goes black and you only get to hear the interaction.

Anyone else have this and know how to fix it?

I have read all the FAQs also and none of them mention this or a potential fix, or if it's actually intended gameplay.
That's intended. There's no special animations for the massage interaction.

notright

Aug 28, 2020
That's intended. There's no special animations for the massage interaction.
It's very, very jarring, as I am noticing whether they chose to just black out the screen or still show the area background seems to be entirely random so it feels like a bug because it has zero consistency.

I don't know why anyone would code the game like that, just display the area like half of every other interaction in the game.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Thanks for the help but it didn't work. Several females still have the clipping leggings and perma shoes.
I'm not sure then. The card I tried from your pic looks fine on my end, so there's nothing wrong with the card at least. Maybe someone else can pinpoint what's causing your issue. Assuming that you installed the game as per the maybe run through it again and see if you missed a step or a mod

notright

Aug 28, 2020
Are there mods for this game that...

1. Stop the interaction menu from closing after every single interaction.
2. Allow you to select NPCS that are rendered behind other NPCs.
3. Outright display the success chance of an action before you push the button.
4. Show the hard, actual, relationship stats for this game.

Two hours later, reading the wiki end to end.

Not a single NPC likes me, almost all interactions with everyone are sub-20% chance of working, with the vast, vast, vast majority at straight 0%.

Clearly I am playing this game wildly not-as-intended or missing some blatantly obvious way to increase relationships.

I even spent six in game days straight talking to the same NPC constantly. Their base success chance on generic conversation went from 20%...to 24%.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
This is what I meant regarding socks on models clipping alongside shoes. These cannot be removed they're stuck on various girls I got from bepis. Sometimes its just socks other times its socks and shoes. In game if you strip during sex they still have both on.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I was able to replicate this by removing the CCC from my data folder:
If you don't have the CCC then you didn't follow the Modern Installation Guide correctly/at all. You should go do that

Last edited:

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
I was able to replicate this by removing the CCC from my data folder:
If you don't have the CCC then you didn't follow the Modern Installation Guide correctly/at all. You should go do that
I figured it out, now the clipping socks and perma shoes are gone. I put the ppx files in the wrong spot when extracting. Thanks.

Reactions: Tsugumi

Petrooli

Nov 7, 2020
I'm missing subtitles for every group holler that NPCs do except Be friends with.

Kinda pain trying to figure out just from voices what they just suggested.
Am I missing a file or check box somewhere?

coffeefloral

Apr 20, 2022
So, I'm aware that with modded personalities it seems to break NPC dialogue between each other, but does anyone know why that is?

CrimsonArtifice

Jun 3, 2020
I think you misunderstood something major somewhere. Not once did I say anything bad about the modders, or the people uploading. I even said I was grateful to the people who put this together. I said this game is awful to mod, that's it. What I said is directed at the game, and developer (Illusion). I don't know why you got defensive over something I didn't say.

"I've dealt with several people like you who are quick to dismiss everything after years of effort put together by many people."
Ok, cool. I never dismissed anything. I understand you had past experiences with shitty people, but I don't want to deal with your past baggage.

Here are some points of what I said:
  • I wanted to know why someone said that it was privileged
  • Starbound is easy to mod (I've made mods for Starbound) and I compared the difficulty
  • I said Artificial Academy 2 used to be annoying to put together in ye olden days
  • I'm grateful that this was put together. Don't have to deal with that old headache with the disks and runes.
I don't understand at what point you got lost, or misunderstood. You should at least confirm what my thoughts are before going hogwild. Like I made sure you were replying to me before I typed all this.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes