God of Debauchery

Formerly 'Dargondo'
Mar 3, 2018
So did I miss something?
I launched the game and the language everyone was speaking was japanese without any subtitles or translations and there were no directions or instructions on how to do anything to the point that I was just clicking random things hoping to get some inkling as to where to go or what to do.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
what does Grumble do?
I've never been entirely clear on the specifics of it. If an NPC has a negative opinion of you then you can use the grumble interaction to try and improve the relationship. I would guess it either removes dislike/hate points, or it converts hate to dislike. Maybe Monosomething knows more about how it works.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
what does Grumble do?
it converts hate to dislike.
Thats if you fail the interaction - if you succeed it gives you like count, but it doesnt solve the issue one is having. Getting out of a hate hole takes more than just converting one type of bad LLDH into another. Having nothing but hate points with an NPC will make the NPC openly hostile to you, insulting you and trying to fight you non stop (refuse all such instances if you care enough, to not make matters worse - you might get slapped without interaction, and you have to take it as it shifts LLDH count more towards dislike). Having nothing but dislikes makes the NPC unwilling to speak to you.

The devs had a concept and they fucked it up. What Grumble should be doing is converting hate/dislike points into like points, but since like points dont exists in (pure) hetero v hetero or (pure) homo v homo relations...

Best to just not use this interaction, and instead keep asking NPCs friendly with the target to improve the targets opinion of you, as well as joining any group activities the target calls out to do. Its a slow process, and the best way to avoid it is to just not piss off that one chick you want to get in the pants of.

Ive only ever once (or twice) managed to improve relations with my ex. Took me weeks to achieve. You decide if its worth the hassle.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Thats if you fail the interaction - if you succeed it gives you like count, but it doesnt solve the issue one is having. Getting out of a hate hole takes more than just converting one type of bad LLDH into another. Having nothing but hate points with an NPC will make the NPC openly hostile to you, insulting you and trying to fight you non stop (refuse all such instances if you care enough, to not make matters worse - you might get slapped without interaction, and you have to take it as it shifts LLDH count more towards dislike). Having nothing but dislikes makes the NPC unwilling to speak to you.

The devs had a concept and they fucked it up. What Grumble should be doing is converting hate/dislike points into like points, but since like points dont exists in (pure) hetero v hetero or (pure) homo v homo relations...

Best to just not use this interaction, and instead keep asking NPCs friendly with the target to improve the targets opinion of you, as well as joining any group activities the target calls out to do. Its a slow process, and the best way to avoid it is to just not piss off that one chick you want to get in the pants of.

Ive only ever once (or twice) managed to improve relations with my ex. Took me weeks to achieve. You decide if its worth the hassle.
I find that Grumble is only worth using if you get a 0% chance for the Praise interaction. Otherwise I'll use a combination of Praise and friendly chats to slowly get the relationship back up. It also seems to put the PC into the sad mood when you use it since I tend to get NPCs rushing up to me right after to try and cheer me up.

Reactions: Monosomething

Binzubayr94

Dec 28, 2021
Okay so I've been struggling getting custom clothing installed and finally decided to give up and ask you good ol'
chaps.

For starters, I have a fresh download and extraction of AA2MiniPPX V8:
1.png

I then went to: and downloaded this stuff: 2.png

And this stuff:
3.png

I then placed all the PPX files in the "Data" folder and dropped the "Hardlinker" .rar file and the Hardliner .Bat and .SH files in the "Textures" folder and ran them. However, it seems that doesn't work either since any card I open defaults to the vanilla outfits. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
Instead of worrying about the cards for now, do the outfits themselves actually show up in your game? Can you choose them in the clothes editor?

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Okay so I've been struggling getting custom clothing installed and finally decided to give up and ask you good ol'
chaps.

For starters, I have a fresh download and extraction of AA2MiniPPX V8:
View attachment 4133017

I then went to: and downloaded this stuff: View attachment 4133059

And this stuff:
View attachment 4133062

I then placed all the PPX files in the "Data" folder and dropped the "Hardlinker" .rar file and the Hardliner .Bat and .SH files in the "Textures" folder and ran them. However, it seems that doesn't work either since any card I open defaults to the vanilla outfits. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?
There are outfits/outfit packs other than 2 that you've downloaded, so it's possible whatever cards you've tried have been using outfits that you don't have. Some outfits are also overrides of existing clothes, and don't display properly in the editor. You may have to load the card in-game to see it properly.

On an unrelated note, I see the Modern Installation Guide was finally updated to suggest installing the Unified Personality Pack.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: Monosomething

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Observer
Prevents NPCs from interacting with you.

Observer mode is toggled by pressing the 'q' key by default. The OBS_KEY global can be edited to change the key.

[PC Only]

Details:
This is a very simple module that I made when I was testing the witness mechanic in the Premeditated module. It works like the in-game option "Disable NPC->PC action" except with a couple of differences. The problem with all of the in-game options is that it's not entirely obvious whether the option is being enabled or disabled when you press the hotkey for it unless you've memorized the different toggle sounds. You may also forget that it was enabled in the first place. With this module, when you press the toggle key it'll notify you on screen that the observer mode is either being enabled or disabled. If the mode is still enabled when a new period starts, it will display a notification to remind you so that you aren't confused about why NPCs aren't coming up to talk to you.

The other motivation for making this is I wanted a way of toggling whether the PC would count as a witness or not for testing purposes during NPC-NPC murder interactions handled by Premeditated. When the toggle key is pressed it enables/disables the module itself i.e. the Observer card bool is set to true or false. This way the module can be hooked into other modules by checking whether the Observer module is enabled or not.

Known Issues:
  • The module's observer mode is not synced with the in-game "Disable NPC->PC action" option since there's no way for modules to check the state of game options. The module doesn't really do much if that option is already enabled since they have the same effect.

• The module doesn't prevent NPCs from stalking you, where they attach themselves to your character and follow you everywhere. Uncertain if the in-game option has the same problem or not.
I almost didn't bother releasing this, but maybe someone will get some use out of it.

Jun 1, 2022
i havent found anyway to get the game to actually launch, I've read through the installation instructions and have made sure I had the vc_redists I'm on Win10 and have some okay PC specs when I click launch the launcher just says (not responding)

tiikerihai

Oct 22, 2022
That's cool, but did you try installing windowsdesktop-runtime-3.1.9-win-x64.exe ?
If you don't have vc_redist it will give you an error that a dll file is missing. If you're missing the desktop runtime the launcher will hang because ppexm64 doesn't start. That's not the only reason it might not start, but it's very rarely something else.

Reactions: Smug Lewds

Smug Lewds

Aug 11, 2022
I actually had the same problem as the user two posts above, but I read your comment and decided to make sure it ACTUALLY was installed. It wasn't, so thank you.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Welp... AA2 strikes again with its unclear mechanics. By now we know that cards with the Easygoing trait will seek sex with their sex friends (but only if they have a partner)... now i was called into the girls shower for sex by a chick who didnt have that trait (high virtue - made sex friends of her prior). Obviously, no modules on that card (nor on me, at least none that would affect this).

Wonder what else is there to discover about this game...

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Welp... AA2 strikes again with its unclear mechanics. By now we know that cards with the Easygoing trait will seek sex with their sex friends (but only if they have a partner)... now i was called into the girls shower for sex by a chick who didnt have that trait (high virtue - made sex friends of her prior). Obviously, no modules on that card (nor on me, at least none that would affect this).

Wonder what else is there to discover about this game...
I didn't think the Sex Friend status even did anything if they were higher than Normal Virtue. I think you get a 0% chance if you try asking them yourself to have sex if they're High/Highest Virtue

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I think you get a 0% chance if you try asking them yourself to have sex if they're High/Highest Virtue
Thats true, but with the Easygoing trait they will ask you now and then to have sex... plus, apparently, without it too. Not highest virtue, though. Those can only be sexxed via competition (or forced). Not even Easygoing trait is going to change that.

EDIT:
Untitled.png Untitled1.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Grim
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes