Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Grim , have a favor to ask you. Since youre making those modules that force NPCs to do specific interactions, i need something tested that i just cant do on my own (too much RNG). How high is the penalty for refusing sex? Id be interested in both a request to have sex with and without a relationship (to see if theres a difference).

Thanks in advance.

orochi_kyocr

Aug 24, 2019
Hi. Is there any chance of using old mods with AAU? There is a mod for more positions that is not working or I could not make it work with this version. Is there any option you have to turn on the launcher, or is it not possible?

Edi: Nevermind, I found the modern alternative.

Last edited:

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Grim , have a favor to ask you. Since youre making those modules that force NPCs to do specific interactions, i need something tested that i just cant do on my own (too much RNG). How high is the penalty for refusing sex? Id be interested in both a request to have sex with and without a relationship (to see if theres a difference).

Thanks in advance.
Are you asking for how much dislike/hate is generated from refusing? And for the relationships, are you interested in the results from refusal if both characters are in a relationship with each other, or just if they're in a relationship with anyone?

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Are you asking for how much dislike/hate is generated from refusing?
Yes.

And for the relationships, are you interested in the results from refusal if both characters are in a relationship with each other, or just if they're in a relationship with anyone?
Ah, right. I meant in a relationship with the PC/without a relationship with the PC. Im kinda curious whether the penalty is higher if you refuse your partner, rather than a random slut/sex friend.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016

Thanks in advance.
So the test setup was Normal Virtue, Bisexual characters with no traits.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
3 dislike count from refusing with the standard sex interaction, Action #48 in

The only interactions were me asking to be lovers, followed by them asking for sex. The massive love count is from me using the Crush module so that they'd agree to be lovers right away. Interestingly though, there was no dislike gained from refusing this time. I actually would have expected the opposite result. I'm not sure where the like count/points came from, unless for some reason refusing them added like, but that doesn't make sense. The like may have also come from asking to be lovers. I guess I should test that.

Edit: So oddly enough, the like count/points were from refusing them while in a relationship. I re-ran the test, this time checking the numbers before having them ask for sex:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Monosomething

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
The only interactions were me asking to be lovers, followed by them asking for sex. The massive love count is from me using the Crush module so that they'd agree to be lovers right away. Interestingly though, there was no dislike gained from refusing this time. I actually would have expected the opposite result. I'm not sure where the like count/points came from, unless for some reason refusing them added like, but that doesn't make sense. The like may have also come from asking to be lovers. I guess I should test that.
Note that there isnt even a single partial point in there, outside of love and likes... strange. Yeah, i expected refusing a partner to be extremely penalizing to LLDH.

The reason ive asked is that ive encounter a number of situations, where a low-ish level card would get into a relationship with a high-highest virtue card, and then, during an orgy, they would keep asking their partner for sex, which always results in failure (high-highest virtue + a crowd + asking for sex = square root of a camel). One would think they would completely ruin their relationship with this spam, but your test proves it doesnt matter...?

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Note that there isnt even a single partial point in there, outside of love and likes... strange. Yeah, i expected refusing a partner to be extremely penalizing to LLDH.

The reason ive asked is that ive encounter a number of situations, where a low-ish level card would get into a relationship with a high-highest virtue card, and then, during an orgy, they would keep asking their partner for sex, which always results in failure (high-highest virtue + a crowd + asking for sex = square root of a camel). One would think they would completely ruin their relationship with this spam, but your test proves it doesnt matter...?
It's possible different trait/virtue/orientation combinations would yield different results, but it would also be time consuming to test all of the different possibilities, and it's also possible that different interactions would have different results. I only tested #48 in that chart, but there's others like when they ask you to follow them to a private room for example.

Syonic

Sep 18, 2021
Hi, long time lurker. I decided to reinstall AA2 lately, only problem is that the game only holds an almost-acceptable framerate (40) with win10fix on dgVoodoo 2. Trying to run it without win10fix and with wined3d freezes the launcher. Trying to use win10fix with DXVK2 throws this error message:
"Direct3D の初期化処理に失敗しました。(Initialization failed)", and trying to use original d3d9 shows this error:

"Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xC0000096
Address:0x0555FF18"

Admittedly I could never get this game to run well, but it should hold above 40 with my specs (6800xt, i7-7700, 16gb ddr4 ram). At this point I concede defeat and could use some help if anyone has the time.

Last edited:

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Edit: So oddly enough, the like count/points were from refusing them while in a relationship. I re-ran the test, this time checking the numbers before having them ask for sex:
I was curious about this so I ran another test, this time I bypassed the use of the Crush module which maxes the love count, and instead I set the lover status via trigger which avoided the need to ask:

This time, instead of getting any like points from refusing, I got the same 3 dislike count from before:

I think what happened before is the love count acts as a buffer, and instead of gaining dislike it shifts some of the love count to like instead.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Hi, long time lurker. I decided to reinstall AA2 lately, only problem is that the game only holds an almost-acceptable framerate (40) with win10fix on dgVoodoo 2. Trying to run it without win10fix and with wined3d freezes the launcher. Trying to use win10fix with DXVK2 throws this error message:
"Direct3D の初期化処理に失敗しました。(Initialization failed)", and trying to use original d3d9 shows this error:

"Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xC0000096
Address:0x0555FF18"

Admittedly I could never get this game to run well, but it should hold above 40 with my specs (6800xt, i7-7700, 16gb ddr4 ram). At this point I concede defeat and could use some help if anyone has the time.
I can get 144 FPS using win10fix set to dgVoodoo 2. There's occasional frame drops as NPCs move around the map and interact with each other, causing module triggers to fire. In sex scenes however I typically only get like 30-40 FPS.

Syonic

Sep 18, 2021
I can get 144 FPS using win10fix set to dgVoodoo 2. There's occasional frame drops as NPCs move around the map and interact with each other, causing module triggers to fire. In sex scenes however I typically only get like 30-40 FPS.
Yeah, that's the problem I'm facing. The real issues happen in h-scenes/interactions. Admittedly I'm unsure if it's fixable or if it's an inherent problem of the game, I've been trying to test out different settings all day to try and get a better framerate.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Yeah, that's the problem I'm facing. The real issues happen in h-scenes/interactions. Admittedly I'm unsure if it's fixable or if it's an inherent problem of the game, I've been trying to test out different settings all day to try and get a better framerate.
Other people can weigh in but I don't think there's much you can do to improve it. The game isn't well optimized, and when you use cards that are packed with a lot of high res assets it only makes things worse. The framerate tanks whenever the high-poly character models are loaded during conversations or sex scenes.

Reactions: Syonic

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I was curious about this so I ran another test, this time I bypassed the use of the Crush module which maxes the love count, and instead I set the lover status via trigger which avoided the need to ask:

This time, instead of getting any like points from refusing, I got the same 3 dislike count from before:

I think what happened before is the love count acts as a buffer, and instead of gaining dislike it shifts some of the love count to like instead.
Well, this makes more sense. There has to be a penalty to any rejection. And about the LLDH "buffer" - you get (apparently) 20 hate points and 10 dislike for winning a fight, while the loser gets 30 hate count. Then the "slap" comes, and resets the losers points to 20 dislikes and 10 hate. Its like the game erases your points and replaces them (im basing this on the order of points gained).

You would have to check for yourself what kind of mumbo jumbo happens when you rape a masochist chick. Keep track of her LLDH towards you before and after the event - you wont be able to tell where your previous points end and the new ones begin, as none of them will be where they should be after the fact - she would end up with slightly more love count than hate count, but in no particular order that can be discerned. I did this little test with the masochist in question having some 17 love count and a few like count. Completely reshuffled the points into non recognition.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Well, this makes more sense. There has to be a penalty to any rejection. And about the LLDH "buffer" - you get (apparently) 20 hate points and 10 dislike for winning a fight, while the loser gets 30 hate count. Then the "slap" comes, and resets the losers points to 20 dislikes and 10 hate. Its like the game erases your points and replaces them (im basing this on the order of points gained).

You would have to check for yourself what kind of mumbo jumbo happens when you rape a masochist chick. Keep track of her LLDH towards you before and after the event - you wont be able to tell where your previous points end and the new ones begin, as none of them will be where they should be after the fact - she would end up with slightly more love count than hate count, but in no particular order that can be discerned. I did this little test with the masochist in question having some 17 love count and a few like count. Completely reshuffled the points into non recognition.
The game calculates your LLDH based on a queue of recent interactions, and as newer interactions are added the older ones get removed. If you had 30 hate after a fight then I would expect no change from a slap since I would assume that also gives hate, but if in fact a slap only generates dislike then it's probably popping some of the hate out of the queue in place of the newly generated dislike.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
The game calculates your LLDH based on a queue of recent interactions, and as newer interactions are added the older ones get removed. If you had 30 hate after a fight then I would expect no change from a slap since I would assume that also gives hate, but if as slap only generates dislike then it's probably popping some of the hate out of the queue in place of the newly generated dislike.
Oh, im aware how the LLDH system works. Its just that you sometimes get more than 30 count in each point and youre presented with a bunch of points you dont recognize.

Still - you should check out the scenario with raping a masochist (its not a request for a test - just telling you to see for yourself). The LLDH in this one gets completely reshuffled.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes