Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
wow this runs like shit.. r73700x RTX2080ti with 16gb of ram and when ever i talk to anyone its like 5 frames a second
Question. Are you on windows 10? Second question if you are on windows 10 have you tried enabling any of the settings in the launcher that are designed to correct this exact problem you have described? I literally mentioned this and ways to fix it like on the previous page.

Reactions: Medic4

kylemorre

May 29, 2018
Best Illusion games I've ever played are Artificial Girl 3 and Artificial Academy 2. AA2 is great.

Lots of people compare Koitaku to it and for good reason. Koitaku has a cool 3D exploration system but the 2 biggest issues with Koitaku are the lack of anything going on in the background besides the odd lesbian/masterbation scene(making the school feel shallow and lifeless). The other issue is that you are stuck being a male and so are limited in your kinks.

AA2 beats Koitaku massivly in those 2 issues I spoke of. Overall, AA2 is much better. It doesn't have a story(koitaku story sucks ass anyway) but it does have a good sandbox environment to explore your wacky kinks

Johanllz

Jan 9, 2018
I have the old version (20+ GB). should I move to this version?. Is there any change besides the size?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I have the old version (20+ GB). should I move to this version?. Is there any change besides the size?
Personally this version at least for me runs better on windows 10. You also don't have to worry about any of the Bullshit with the DLL files to get it to run. personally if you already have it and it runs to your liking I don't see much reason to download this version unless you really want to or you run windows 10 and want to see if this runs better for you then the old version.

This is more of a benefit for people who A) never played the game before or B) had problems with it in the past running like shit and want to give it another go.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
literally looks exactly the same as HS, emotion creator and all the other illusion studio stuff.
HS is not the same or even related. This came out before HS, even before Illusion used Unity, which Honey Select is made in. Also, this is a free roam, school based game, Honey Select is not. The art styles are also completely different with Honey Selct using a more realistic 3D style while this uses a 3D anime style.

Never seen or tried AA2Mini3DR. If you don't mind could you give a summary of the improvements? or if you'd prefer do you have a link to a page that perhaps gives a feature comparison. I would very much like to see the differences between the 2 so I can decide which would be best for myself.
I'm not even getting results for DR as if it doesn't exist.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
HS is not the same or even related. This came out before HS, even before Illusion used Unity, which Honey Select is made in. Also, this is a free roam, school based game, Honey Select is not. The art styles are also completely different with Honey Selct using a more realistic 3D style while this uses a 3D anime style.

I'm not even getting results for DR as if it doesn't exist.
yeah I did a similar search I don't see anything besides AA2Unlimited/AA2Mini part of the reason I was curious about what made this one "garbage" and what made that one "good"

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
yeah I did a similar search I don't see anything besides AA2Unlimited/AA2Mini part of the reason I was curious about what made this one "garbage" and what made that one "good"
I've tried this one, the only real issue is that it has random crashes related to AAU. I already reported this on the AAU GitHub, but I never heard back and no new version has been released to fix it. If you get crashes with a message that has a code like a BSOD, something like 0x00000, then it is AAU, not Mini. I tried AAU on an original installed version and still got the crashes. With that said, I would definitely say this isn't trash. I still have yet to test DR to see if that one is as good as or better than this, but we already know why that is. Can't exactly test something I can't get.

remicks

May 3, 2017
Having some troubles with this one. I see the hex uncensor .pp2 file in AA2Mini/data but the mod doesn't appear in the AAU mod list. I also am getting Mojibake in-game despite having my PC using Japanese locale. This looks like a good attempt to package the game for an audience less willing to tinker and Google but - at least for me - doesn't quite achieve that.

Venator309

Jan 2, 2018
literally looks exactly the same as HS, emotion creator and all the other illusion studio stuff.
HS is realistic graphics vs this which is Anime style. But beyond that this is a sandbox game where the player is a student at a school and can develop relationships with other students. Characters have several traits that affect how they react to players. They also develop relationships with each other.

HS is focused on character creation and the studio with pretty much nothing in terms of "game" to be played. This game is a sandbox simulator and VERY different from pretty much every illusion game that has been released since. Only similarities are the graphics style.

Venator309

Jan 2, 2018
Is AA2 a "better version of Koikatsu" ? Visually and gameplay whise I mean
Koikatsu was a watered down version of AA2. It has a better character creator but the game itself was stripped of all the stuff that made AA2 a gem. Pretty disappointing really.

Visually AA2 is good but it will look older than Koikatsu of course. Gameplay wise it's leagues beyond what Koikatsu was. Sadly Illusion seems mainly focused on the studio and graphical elements of their games and not so much the gameplay part these days.

zayber1

Feb 3, 2018
I get subtitles except for when an NPC does an "everyone let's" shout thing. How do I get subtitles to work for that?

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
Since I have win 10 now, and the fix looks like a pain, I'll share my cards with the world.
(If the clothes look fucked, just use default clothes).

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Since I have win 10 now, and the fix looks like a pain
Downloading the game and clicking one option or the other is a pain? I don't understand that. With AA2Mini it couldn't be any easier to make the game work on windows 10. What exactly is too hard about it?

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
i get this error when i launch the Editor and Game. any ideas?
1587691621599.png
1587691984326.png

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes