Markimash

Apr 30, 2018
some controls dont seem to be working for me. I cant change to pov or move around unless I click on the location on the map. Is this because im using a laptop of is there some way of changes the controls?

Rolla

Jun 8, 2017
I get this error message every time I try to run AA2Play.exe:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

Help is appreciated.

jeyemill

May 21, 2018
I tried all the settings and nothing seems to work for me.

I get this error when I try with the win10fix on
err.PNG

I get this issue when I change it to dgvoodoo2
Capture.PNG

and I get this error when I change it to WineD3D (disabled win10fix and enabled software vertex)
errrrr.PNG

I made sure to install the redists provided (they where already installed) and reverted all graphics driver and launcher settings to default. Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Ah I dont seem to have that D:

View attachment 630501
That folder structure doesn't look right, either. May be you downloaded before it was updated in the thread?

some controls dont seem to be working for me. I cant change to pov or move around unless I click on the location on the map. Is this because im using a laptop of is there some way of changes the controls?
There is no pov, this is a fully third person game. The map is one of only two ways to move, you should be able to move the mouse toward another entry point to the room and a blue sign should pop up, click that or use the map.

I was looking for the D3d9 but okay let me look for that in the launcher.

edit: can't find it.
Edit2: Found it.
Yeah, this has AAU in it, so no need for an actual D3D9 file.

does this come with aau, no dim and also the hexa personality pack?
AAU, yes, the rest not so much. There are pp2 files for those mods in the original download site, wish I had a link for you.

I get this error message every time I try to run AA2Play.exe:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

Help is appreciated.
Do you have both Win10Fix and WineD3D on? That's the only way I've ever caused that, turn WineD3D off. If it crashes like that in game, it's AAU.

I tried all the settings and nothing seems to work for me.

I get this error when I try with the win10fix on
View attachment 630507

I get this issue when I change it to dgvoodoo2
View attachment 630508

and I get this error when I change it to WineD3D (disabled win10fix and enabled software vertex)
View attachment 630509

I made sure to install the redists provided (they where already installed) and reverted all graphics driver and launcher settings to default. Is there anything else I can do to fix this?
If that first one happened in game, it's AAU and you will have to wait for a fix. I have already reported it to the AAU devs, but no reply and no new version and it has been several months. Not sure about the rest, never had them.

jeyemill

May 21, 2018
If that first one happened in game, it's AAU and you will have to wait for a fix. I have already reported it to the AAU devs, but no reply and no new version and it has been several months. Not sure about the rest, never had them.
It happens the second I hit "Launch the game". Appriciate the help anyways, maybe ill redownload the old version since it seemed to work for me in the past.

Markimash

Apr 30, 2018
There is no pov, this is a fully third person game. The map is one of only two ways to move, you should be able to move the mouse toward another entry point to the room and a blue sign should pop up, click that or use the map.
I must of been confused by the config menu. It has controls for perspective control and says that arrow keys are to move. They must of been translated weird or are for the camera during H-scenes

JoleenStar

Sep 29, 2017
This game is a fun little sandbox but the limited dialogue and lack any real, well, anything-- will make anyone who plays this have fun for a day or so and then quickly forget about it.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
It happens the second I hit "Launch the game". Appriciate the help anyways, maybe ill redownload the old version since it seemed to work for me in the past.
Do you have both Win10Fix and WineD3D on? That will do it.

I must of been confused by the config menu. It has controls for perspective control and says that arrow keys are to move. They must of been translated weird or are for the camera during H-scenes
Those are for H scens.

This game is a fun little sandbox but the limited dialogue and lack any real, well, anything-- will make anyone who plays this have fun for a day or so and then quickly forget about it.
Really? I've been playing ever since the original was the latest game from Illusion and still do to this day. I'm playing on a modded original, meaning I copied a d3d file into the game folder, because of the AAU crashes, but I still play it after six years now.

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
Yeah and somewhat strange was going for the teacher and the the teacher became a student and another duplicate teacher appeared.

JoleenStar

Sep 29, 2017
Do you have both Win10Fix and WineD3D on? That will do it.

Those are for H scens.

Really? I've been playing ever since the original was the latest game from Illusion and still do to this day. I'm playing on a modded original, meaning I copied a d3d file into the game folder, because of the AAU crashes, but I still play it after six years now.
I mean, there are exceptions to every rule. I don't see how you got that much content out of it, but you can play this game for a few hours and have seen all of it.

Happy you enjoy it that much though!

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Never attempted with both enabled at the same time, but when I did though it says "D3D conflict..." and closes.
So then it isn't both being on causing the problem. :unsure:

Wow thats a huge drop in size.. i hope nothing is missing.
No, they just changed it around a bit internally so that it didn't take up as much space and ran faster.

12 GB. I wonder how many renderers are inside. Is it worth it?
It's a lot of graphical data, of course it will be huge. Yes, it is worth it.

I mean, there are exceptions to every rule. I don't see how you got that much content out of it, but you can play this game for a few hours and have seen all of it.

Happy you enjoy it that much though!
Because even changing a single trait can severely affect the outcome of a game, so you rarely get the same experience twice.

Reactions: JoleenStar
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes