luxoord

Mar 18, 2019
I Just downloaded the HEXA Clothing Collection from the mod site in the game description. I can't find how to install this mod, I mean, there are 2 folders named AAPLAY and AAMAKE and into them, more folders called jp2p01, jpe00_00 and something like that with .xx and .lst archives into it.
I've been reading the installation guide and it says that it has to be .pp2 and added into data folder.
Any ideas to make it work?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I Just downloaded the HEXA Clothing Collection from the mod site in the game description. I can't find how to install this mod, I mean, there are 2 folders named AAPLAY and AAMAKE and into them, more folders called jp2p01, jpe00_00 and something like that with .xx and .lst archives into it.
I've been reading the installation guide and it says that it has to be .pp2 and added into data folder.
Any ideas to make it work?
The hard way:

Long story short for files like that you have to turn them into .pp2 files. how to do that I cannot remember but I found a way by googling like a storm a few months back and was able to do it with some practice and proper research. There are very particular steps in order to make them such as having the directories created properly or the conversion will fail. This is something that is good to know how to do but ultimately more time consuming and a pain in the ass.

The easier solution:

just download the correct mod from the pp2 megamod thread that can be found listed here:

You don't have to follow all the instructions just look for the mod in question you want from the guide and the name of the .pp2 files you need and follow the instructions to install those mods. the guide is very good and can help with troubleshooting as well as installing various mods as well as providing links to the mods you need.

Reactions: luxoord
Apr 19, 2020
Could you do me a favor and create screenshots of your settings as they appear in the AA2Unlimited launcher?

I think from earlier posts that error has something to do with the launcher itself, me personally I only ever saw that error upon selecting specific settings. If I see how your settings are chosen I can compare it to my working copy and see if it differs at all.
Here's the whole cursed list:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Borderless is ticked too.

I'm on day 4 of trying to get this game to work. If it wasn't for quarantine I probably woulda given up by now and gone back to Fallout 4. Ironically when I tried to install this the old, terrible way, the game itself would work fine, but the AA2Edit refused to install. Tempting to try that again and just slap this current AA2Edit in the missing spot and see if that works.

But then I remember how big this game is when installed using the actual setup.exe...

persnik

Jun 22, 2017
I like the installation instructions, did not understand a damn thing but I liked them non the less. It is funny listening to instructions written by people who are so well versed in programming etc that everything seems clear when someone like me has no clue what they are talking about. NOW that being said, I have had the game for several years and it can be awesome or annoying as hell depending on how you play/ make decisions.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Here's the whole cursed list:
Borderless is ticked too.

I'm on day 4 of trying to get this game to work. If it wasn't for quarantine I probably woulda given up by now and gone back to Fallout 4. Ironically when I tried to install this the old, terrible way, the game itself would work fine, but the AA2Edit refused to install. Tempting to try that again and just slap this current AA2Edit in the missing spot and see if that works.

But then I remember how big this game is when installed using the actual setup.exe...
A few things I can see that I would try changing. EDIT: stupid question but are you using windows 10 or a different OS? just curious.

1) Type 2 renderer and software vertex processing have been known to cause crashes and issues. You aren't using software vertex processing but you are using type 2. Try turning that off first and seeing if that helps

2) With Mini it does add some resolutions that can cause issues. The good news is that generally those issues are related to discoloration of texture rather then black screens and crashes. With that being said I would also try a different resolution to start and see if it perhaps allows the game to launch at the very least. on my game I was using 1280 X 720 and it was working. I would suggest that for at least a baseline to rule out the issue. If you still have problems with the same resolution as me, then logic would say that it is not related to the resolution.

3) try using windows10fix instead of wine3d and see if that helps. make sure under settings for windows10fix it is set to vgvoodoo2. I personally use wine3d without issues but some people swear by window10fix. you might need to use windows 10fix for your rig.

Try these steps one at a time and see if that helps.

andya

Aug 8, 2018
Can anyone update the character archive? I found here but it's very slow to load. There is character cards up to november 12,2018.

Reactions: Medic4

zombie128

Jun 20, 2019
Downloaded mini version. game crushes from time to time. usually when i try to speak with characters, it happen with different characters, with i can sometimes speak, but sometimes game crush i.e game can crush with no matter who i speak to. Also they all give me nagative reactions to whatever action i try to do with them, on left side of the screen there is 0% no matter what option i choose, where i choose, with whom etc. Anyone know how to fix these problems?

adam~

Mar 1, 2018
View attachment 264365

Overview:
Artificial Academy 2 (ジンコウガクエン2, Jinkou Gakuen 2) is an eroge high school social simulation, sequel of and released by Illusion on June 13, 2014. Create and play any of up to 25 students of varying gender, orientation and other interaction abilities and personal inclinations. Make friends and lovers as the class competes for achievement in academics, athletics, popularity, and romance.​

Thread Updated: 2020-04-23
Release Date: 2014-06-13
Censorship: No (Modded)
Developer:
Platform: Windows
Version: Mini 12.7
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Other Sources:

Change-log:
Stop asking the same question over and over and read the installation process.
DOWNLOAD: MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD - -
Information shared by OrangeGoat and mirrors by bas

View attachment 1288 View attachment 1289 View attachment 1290 View attachment 1291 View attachment 1292 View attachment 1293
i wonder how many years since i saw this xDDDD, man i am old

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Trying to get close to various girls but I always say the wrong thing. Any way to tell what to do?
So just because you are "failing" an interaction it is not necessary failing. Take a look at the below excerpt from the AA2 Wiki regarding interactions:

The % value shown when interacting with somebody represents the chance of the character to accept the action. As long as that value is higher than 0% there is a chance for success. As long as the value is below 100% there is a chance to fail. It is possible to succeed with as low as 1% but the odds are just that low.

Most interactions can be used on the same character only three times per time period. After three uses on the same character the success rate will become 0% and that character will tell you to stop, making them angry.

The success rate is influenced by traits, mood, character stats and favorability rating.

Note that a failed interaction will not necessarily decrease the NPC's opinion. A NPC can either directly refuse, decreasing their opinion on you, or can say "another time", leaving their opinion unchanged.
Success in conversations is tied to the characters stats, how much they like you their traits and even the kind of mood they are in at the time.

if you want to be friends with someone or even lovers the best thing to do is just to keep doing interactions that will buff the points you are looking to raise. If you want to woo the girl you currently are targeting, doing love based actions is the best way to raise it quickly. Depending on a lot of factors some girls require very little encouraging to get them to date or even sleep with you. (in tests I had created a girl who on day one I could ask for sex and had about a 30% chance to get her to say yes right off the bat. Low virtue and slutty traits make it easier while high virtue and more modest traits make them a challange.)

Keep in mind that if you are into a specific girl your other NPCs might be as well so keep an eye on the jizou statue and if you see another character starting to get interests in your girl or she getting interested in another you might want to step up your game because he/she might pop that cherry before you get the chance to if you aren't careful.

lily103

Aug 22, 2017
Hello, I just downloaded the mini version on windows 10 64bit, and I'm pleased to see that the game is running without any freezes or fps drops. The only problem is this...weird renderings of the characters. Maybe saying that the modelings are a bit distorted would be better? I'm only using the windows 10 fix. Tweaking wined3d and SVP doesn't seem to help...

If someone could give me some advice I will be very thankful. ジンコウガクエン2 2020-04-25 오전 2_48_04.png

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Hello, I just downloaded the mini version on windows 10 64bit, and I'm pleased to see that the game is running without any freezes or fps drops. The only problem is this...weird renderings of the characters. Maybe saying that the modelings are a bit distorted would be better? I'm only using the windows 10 fix. Tweaking wined3d and SVP doesn't seem to help...

If someone could give me some advice I will be very thankful. View attachment 631377
The grainy outline around them? Fuck I have seen this before but I can't remember exactly what caused it. I originally saw it on the old version of the game and I think it had something to do with Shading or shadows? best advice I can give is mess around with the settings and see if adjusting them helps. Additionally if you can let me see a screenshot of your graphics settings I might be able to figure out what setting is causing it.

Reactions: Medic4 and lily103

luxoord

Mar 18, 2019

If someone could give me some advice I will be very thankful. View attachment 631377
I changed the antialiasing to x16Q CSAA and looked smooth and much "clean" than before in my game, try it.

Reactions: Medic4 and lily103

lily103

Aug 22, 2017
The grainy outline around them? Fuck I have seen this before but I can't remember exactly what caused it. I originally saw it on the old version of the game and I think it had something to do with Shading or shadows? best advice I can give is mess around with the settings and see if adjusting them helps. Additionally if you can let me see a screenshot of your graphics settings I might be able to figure out what setting is causing it.
Thank you for your reply! I wasn't sure which settings would help you figure it out so I just took screenshots of all the settings on the program. As for the 'scripts' part, I have the 'borderless- faux fullscreen', and 'launcher-this launcher should always be last' turned on-just mentioning as these two options were not taken in the screenshot. I'm sorry for making you go through all this hassle.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
WOW!!! This perfectly solved it. It looks so much better XD Thank you so much!
Good to see someone gave you the answer you needed. I had a hunch about anti aliasing but I usually have been wanting to see settings before making suggestions. Either way glad you got it fixed.

Reactions: lily103

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
1587753167214.png
this game has a lot of issues.
for some reason i can't type in english. Even tho locale script is on.
and at random during conversation the game will crash

Reactions: bloodbirthe

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
View attachment 631420
this game has a lot of issues.
for some reason i can't type in english. Even tho locale script is on.
and at random during conversation the game will crash
those crashes are generally caused by settings. most common settings are using Type 2 renderer or software vertex processing. Resolution can cause issues too. I had crashes using window10fix myself and they didn't relent till I changed it to wine3d. Pretty much the best way to stop crashes is to change your settings and try to optimize things. even then the crashes can still happen due to the launcher.

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
those crashes are generally caused by settings. most common settings are using Type 2 renderer or software vertex processing. Resolution can cause issues too. I had crashes using window10fix myself and they didn't relent till I changed it to wine3d. Pretty much the best way to stop crashes is to change your settings and try to optimize things. even then the crashes can still happen due to the launcher.
the crashes happen at random for no apparent reason.
there's 20+ different settings on the launcher and i don't have a year to try every possible combination.
It would be a lot easier to fix this if the god damn crash dump wasn't encrypted.

edit: the only pattern i've noticed is the error code is frequently the exact same number.
So it's most likely a setting or Event. Again... can't know what without decrypting the crash.dmp

Last edited:
Reactions: bloodbirthe
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes