Apr 19, 2020
A few things I can see that I would try changing. EDIT: stupid question but are you using windows 10 or a different OS? just curious.
Win 10
1) Type 2 renderer and software vertex processing have been known to cause crashes and issues. You aren't using software vertex processing but you are using type 2. Try turning that off first and seeing if that helps
Didn't work
2) With Mini it does add some resolutions that can cause issues. The good news is that generally those issues are related to discoloration of texture rather then black screens and crashes. With that being said I would also try a different resolution to start and see if it perhaps allows the game to launch at the very least. on my game I was using 1280 X 720 and it was working. I would suggest that for at least a baseline to rule out the issue. If you still have problems with the same resolution as me, then logic would say that it is not related to the resolution.
Tried 1080p and your res, no change
3) try using windows10fix instead of wine3d and see if that helps. make sure under settings for windows10fix it is set to vgvoodoo2. I personally use wine3d without issues but some people swear by window10fix. you might need to use windows 10fix for your rig.
In those 4 spoilers (last 1 being most important) I posted above, the 3rd one was me trying this step. Didn't work. Even posted the resulting error
Try these steps one at a time and see if that helps.
It didn't

So I tried all the things you said, even on 1270x720 Playstation 2 resolution and it was just a series of the same results. One thing I know for sure is Wined3d and Win10Fix do not work together, period. This is really weird cuz that Win10Fix is only supposed to improve fps. Wined3d is there to render the game in Open GL.

Admittedly I've had better luck using Vulkan for some programs, but that doesn't mean Open GL doesn't work for me. Besides, the editor and the game both run fine. The problem arises when I need to load the actual school.

EDIT: Breakthrough! Sorta......

I loaded one of the saves that came with the game and it loaded just fine.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So it's not the game itself, it's MY game. Something I did fucked the game, and I don't know what. My theory is the game doesn't like the unlocked sliders. I made thorough use of those with each creation. Either that or it's the Modules, like Blackmailer, Bully, Narcoleptic, Chubby-chaser, etc.

Obviously those modules wouldn't exist on the vanilla stuff I loaded... at least I really don't think they would. The whole class was made up of vanilla characters.

Another thing I noticed is, when I loaded that save, there was a thick black border around the screen that I don't see on my own save.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silentce

IceSodaFreak

May 31, 2018
I googled AA2 mini and can't find this site, nor would I know what to do with a pp2 file. A shame this repack doesn't have the uncensor with it. Thanks for the help tho
I would recommend looking up the mini in the search function for game tiles and then going towards the bottom of the first page and there will be a link to where all the important pp2's are, which includes four different kinds of uncensures, which is why the pack doesn't come with one, so you can choose.

Ughwhy

Jun 12, 2019
Quick Question... again...: I've Done the install instructions, but the thing says; "d3ddx9-42.dll was not found." Anyone know what I've done wrong?

gurpreet6008

Apr 12, 2018
i am on windows 10 .. and i dont know why the game starts lagging whenever i try to talk with some one or change uniforms .. and same thing apeens in rapelay .. whenever i am free roaming .. game starts lagging ... my laptop has 16gb ram and nvideo 1050 ti graphic card

Reactions: RJP

skullcake

Apr 8, 2018
Since i see silentce is over here trying to solve everyone's problems, thought it best to add my own:
i always seem to get an error randomly into my playthrough, and i've really twiddled with most of the settings, I think my problem might come from the cards i've got, some are really short, others pretty tall but maybe you've got a better idea.
2020-04-24.png 2020-04-24 (2).png 2020-04-24 (1).png

Apr 19, 2020
how to force inthis game ? and what is the diffrence between aa2 and aa2 mini
No one seems to reveal that info here. I don't know why it being kept a secret, but it certainly is.

An incredible amount of bytes are removed, but the guy who did it, whoever that is claims the entire game is still there.

Either Illusion has a lot to answer for, or the person who slimmed it down by like 90% does. Yet as many times as this question constantly comes up, no one seems to want to answer it.

adam~

Mar 1, 2018
how to force inthis game ? and what is the diffrence between aa2 and aa2 mini
i can answer probably the first answer, you can force only a character with exploitable type character, like shira mihiro (the white hair girl with big tits). i hope this is the answer you looking for, and also maybe if she/he is your character lover

lolotech

Oct 7, 2018
I have played a sizeable chunk of illusion games but this one took a while to get, mostly cause of no stats or indicators (realised the Buddha statue was it very late).

Do you have to play as the teacher? cause in an early game, the teacher (whom is also secretly my girl in private) seems to have "the batman's academy of crime solving" she knows where I am at all times. Might as well call it the "cock block academy".

Same thing with forced H, she wont follow you like a lover so technically u can never do it in private.

Reactions: Medic4

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Since i see silentce is over here trying to solve everyone's problems, thought it best to add my own:
i always seem to get an error randomly into my playthrough, and i've really twiddled with most of the settings, I think my problem might come from the cards i've got, some are really short, others pretty tall but maybe you've got a better idea.
View attachment 632107 View attachment 632108 View attachment 632109
I see my reputation precedes me :)

So from your settings I don't see a problem outside the usual try wine and see if it works better option. With that being said Cards CAN and do cause crashes sometimes. From what I have read there are sometimes "fake cards" basically cards not created properly that can cause crashes. I don't know all the details of the hows and whys but I think alot of times it is modded cards that are using outfits that do not come native to the game. I personally have had problems where peoples outfits don't load properly with custom cards and you end up with a girl running around bald because she has custom hair and in the nude but when you talk to her she looks at the card intended in the right outfit.

Random crashes can be alot of things and if you have ruled out everything else and the game is working but not working the way you want it to trying to take out some of your downloaded cards might help. I admit if you have a lot this can be a pain in the ass to try and find the one that is fucking things up so might be a good idea to just make a new class with all stock students and see if the problem follows before you invest any time into the search. if it does then odds are one of your cards is fucked and you might want to do some more indepth testing to find which one and delete it.

AwfulArchdemon The same problem I spoke of here might be causing you issues as well. Something to consider since your settings seem to be alright and not causing you issues. This would explain why your save has issues but the vanilla one does not.

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I have played a sizeable chunk of illusion games but this one took a while to get, mostly cause of no stats or indicators (realised the Buddha statue was it very late).

Do you have to play as the teacher? cause in an early game, the teacher (whom is also secretly my girl in private) seems to have "the batman's academy of crime solving" she knows where I am at all times. Might as well call it the "cock block academy".

Same thing with forced H, she wont follow you like a lover so technically u can never do it in private.
You do not have to play as the teacher. In fact playing the teacher could be considered hard mode since having relations with your students has to be done in secret and could result in you getting fired I think. Generally I have noticed that you play as whatever character you put in the class room first. So when creating your class just select the student you want first and do not put them in the teacher position.

Reactions: Some_Dude?

StarsMan423

May 3, 2018
When I tried to launch the game I ran into an unhandled exception. If Anyone have any information that can help with this then it will be appreciated.

UE.PNG

GEO_the_great

Mar 31, 2019
One of my favourite game from illusions NPCs have rivalry and all(I miss that in all recent games , even in AI Shoujo while fucking one girl the other wont even care to join :-( ) ... Sadly AA2 was not working properly after windows 10 update .. It have become painfully lagging during interactions with the girls... Anyone know the fix?

Reactions: Medic4

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
When I tried to launch the game I ran into an unhandled exception. If Anyone have any information that can help with this then it will be appreciated.

View attachment 632518
This is a generic error that means many things. Do the following to lessen the chances of errors:

1) use win10fix or wine3d if you are on windows 10. Use one or the other never both! if you are having errors with one try the other.

2) If you are using both type 2 renderer or software vertex processing use one of the other never both. both will cause crashes

3) if you are getting crashes at random throughout the game this could also be do to cards you downloaded. Bad cards will cause crashes. Try creating a class with no custom cards and see how that works. if you have a better run then try introducting custom cards slowly. if you get crashes again pay attention to the cards you included and remove them they are probably bad.

These are a few things I would suggest to improve stability.

Well, game not playable, crushes and always 0% with any interactions with characters.
See above. Additionally what actions are you trying to do that are resulting in 0%? are you just running up to students and trying to force them to have sex with you and getting 0% or are you just saying hi and getting 0%. the percentage is sole dependent on a lot of factor and unless it is every student, every interaction it might just be the student you are talking to that is the problem. Some students will resist sexual advances and will not just agree to sex or let you rape them others have no problems with sex or have traits that make them vulnerable to other traits and can be forced to have sex as an example. Getting 0% on an interaction isn't abnormal for some students unless it is every interaction everytime. Also some cheat options will cause this problem too. Activating Jizou, geass mode, another I can't remember can cause this issue. The game is playable if it isn't for you, then it is a setting on your end 99% of the time.

One of my favourite game from illusions NPCs have rivalry and all(I miss that in all recent games , even in AI Shoujo while fucking one girl the other wont even care to join :-( ) ... Sadly AA2 was not working properly after windows 10 update .. It have become painfully lagging during interactions with the girls... Anyone know the fix?
There are options in AA2Unlimited/mini 1.5.3 that successfully fix FPS issues with windows 10. plenty of posts in this thread that go over how to set it up to work.

Reactions: GEO_the_great

StarsMan423

May 3, 2018
This is a generic error that means many things. Do the following to lessen the chances of errors:

1) use win10fix or wine3d if you are on windows 10. Use one or the other never both! if you are having errors with one try the other.

2) If you are using both type 2 renderer or software vertex processing use one of the other never both. both will cause crashes

3) if you are getting crashes at random throughout the game this could also be do to cards you downloaded. Bad cards will cause crashes. Try creating a class with no custom cards and see how that works. if you have a better run then try introducting custom cards slowly. if you get crashes again pay attention to the cards you included and remove them they are probably bad.

These are a few things I would suggest to improve stability.
1. I'm using windows 8.
2. I am not using either of them, plus I also try using them both on their own and with each others.
3. I can't even get the game/editor to start.
BTW i'm sorry for not mentioning this earlier but I get that pop up instead of the game/editor when I launch them. It is probably because of something I did in the past. In the past I was able to get the base game/editor to work, but then I try to download the HF patch I ran into a problem(I get this problem with all fan made patches for Illusion games) but instead of aborting I went onward and the game no longer worked. I then tried some thing because I am a fool and ever since then I could no longer even get the base game to work.

I apologize for laying this down without a warning. If anybody on this site if still willing to help me then I will appreciate it.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes