ogelevil259

Aug 6, 2019
After struggling with downloads all day, I am immensely confused. First, I got the version from the "Artificial Academy Mini/Unlimited 1.5.3" thread on this website (I can't post links yet...) by OrangeGoat. I messed around with it for a bit, but then I started to get worried it was missing stuff and that it might be out of date because it didn't say what mods it included anywhere, so I decided to get the version from the Modern AA2 guide-2020 Edition. After spending the better part of the day carefully following instructions and downloading things one at a time I finally started the game up, only to find that in terms of graphics and in terms of how much actual content was included, the new one was apparently inferior. It also had a completely different, prettier U.I. but that's besides the point.

After looking around the best I can figure is that the community converted the game into the PP2 format, which is the version I first downloaded that included more mods and better graphics. Then they made the apparently better PPeX format which is the second version I downloaded. So the new one is technically more up to date, but I would have to manage finding and modding everything back in with my non-existent computer skills because it doesn't come with all the bells and whistles already attached.

So what the hell should I do now? Should I stick with the older version that honestly works fine? Or should I try to find the old mods in the new format and add them into the new version and somehow fix the graphics as well? I have both versions on my computer so is there a way to just transfer the old mods directly into the new version?

Also, mostly unrelated question but how would I go about making a catgirl in either version of the game? From what I could tell there weren't any mods related to it in either version of the game but I'm sure some horny weeb has made it possible. Profile pic related.

Sorry if this post makes me come across as angry or irritable. That's not my intention, it's just been a rough day on many levels and I'm posting this while feeling very tired and hungry against my better judgement.

SSBBSNAKE

Jul 27, 2017
What im thinking right there ↑

That is the cards database, you can find a catgirl there, you should try some NaoSoul catgirl cards, they are among the best rated in the AA2 database and if you have a proper guided install, you should get this result: 2020_1224_2225_56125.png

No custom clothes installed, just the guide install (AA2Mini-PP2)

Last edited:

ogelevil259

Aug 6, 2019
Sorry SSBBSNAKE I should have been more clear. I'm trying to make the girl in my profile picture, Nia from Xenoblade 2 in this game, not just any catgirl. And she isn't in the database. Unless you're suggesting I take an existing catgirl and edit it, but that would be difficult too because of her unusual backwards facing ears. I should probably just give up on Nia honestly, because I can't imagine how I would put in backwards cat ears, facial markings, and fangs in this editor...

Also, I have no idea what the guide install (AA2Mini-PP2) is.

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
Did you guys have this uzaki chan clothes mod? it doesnt appear on my game edit
View attachment 955513

RhinoHeadbutt yeah thanks man, it fixed, didnt know there was more hair sets after type 144
You need the textures. It is the Hardlinker step of the guide I posted before. It is right below the "Resources" part. Just ctrl+f Hardlinker in the guide.

Sorry SSBBSNAKE I should have been more clear. I'm trying to make the girl in my profile picture, Nia from Xenoblade 2 in this game, not just any catgirl. And she isn't in the database. Unless you're suggesting I take an existing catgirl and edit it, but that would be difficult too because of her unusual backwards facing ears. I should probably just give up on Nia honestly, because I can't imagine how I would put in backwards cat ears, facial markings, and fangs in this editor...

Also, I have no idea what the guide install (AA2Mini-PP2) is.
This is the most recent guide, with all the links for the most recent mods in the newer format PPX.

Now, you can carry on using the thing that works for you, which is the old version pp2.
But bear in mind that all progress moving forward, update for mods, cards and tools are all going to be focusing on the new version. The old version that you are using is not continued at this point.

If you do decide to use the new one, tho, it is really not difficult. You don't have to hunt for anything. Everything is compiled in the same places.
You just need to check the name of the pp2 mods you used and grab the ppx versions in the link in the guide and put them in the data folder. It is really not as bad as it seems.

And yeah, I have never seen a card for that character before, so you would have to make one or convince someone over at the 4chan /vg/ thread to do it for you. Which is unlikely.

I do have some catgirls but they are not the one you want.

Reactions: ogelevil259

Niwa95

Jun 15, 2020
Welp, the PPX version does not work on my laptop at all. Anytime I click "start game" from the launcher, it just stops responding. I did all of the win10fix variants the github FAQ told me and none of them work. I guess I can just stick with the PP2 version, but that basically means I'll be locked out of any new mods people add to the game.

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
Welp, the PPX version does not work on my laptop at all. Anytime I click "start game" from the launcher, it just stops responding. I did all of the win10fix variants the github FAQ told me and none of them work. I guess I can just stick with the PP2 version, but that basically means I'll be locked out of any new mods people add to the game.
You have to install the stuff in the extra folder mate. I know that problem. AA2Mini/Extra you will find vc_redist and windowsdesktop_runtime.
Install them both.

Oct 16, 2019
Could someone explain to me how to set up the corruption style on a card? I made sure have the mod, but I'm unsure how to set up the override.
The corruption module requires you to make styles with specific names so when X condition is met, it will change into that style. A style is pretty much an alternate appearance that you can set for your card. If you don't know how to set up styles, I would probably suggest to start with one of the simpler ones like Sunday/Date Fashion and/or see how others set up cards that use styles.

Sep 16, 2020
The corruption module requires you to make styles with specific names so when X condition is met, it will change into that style. A style is pretty much an alternate appearance that you can set for your card. If you don't know how to set up styles, I would probably suggest to start with one of the simpler ones like Sunday/Date Fashion and/or see how others set up cards that use styles.
So I set up a style named "corrupted" along with the corruption mod (just as the mod instructed). I was playing the game but never got the character I made to change styles, but was able to get someone else's card with the corruption mod to work. I think I'm still missing a step when it comes to setting the card up. Thanks for the help btw.

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
So I set up a style named "corrupted" along with the corruption mod (just as the mod instructed). I was playing the game but never got the character I made to change styles, but was able to get someone else's card with the corruption mod to work. I think I'm still missing a step when it comes to setting the card up. Thanks for the help btw.
Here is how it works:
Actions that are "evil" increase the number of corruption points. So, rape, cheating, bullying, all increase the corruption points. When it reaches a certain number of points, the card will switch to the corrupted style.

Alternatively, if you set up a "pure" style, good actions will increase the pure points until the card changes.

The higher someone's VIRTUE, the longer it takes for that person to be corrupted. And the lower the virtue, the longer it takes to be purified.

There is no step other than: "Put in the corruption module into the card and create a corrupted and/or pure style. You don't need to have both styles, you can just have one if you want. Some cards can just take a lot longer than others to change depending on their virtue.

RJP

Aug 12, 2017
Any way to disable invitations to make sex in public areas? I Always need to restart the day, because these evitations dubious is not clear where to make. People see you e spread rumours, and if PC a Teacher, is fucked too.

Snatched

May 25, 2020
What is the most efficient way to get a girl to come home with you? I can get 999% on both 'love' and 'lewd' conversations, but then she's no-go. What's the catch?

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
What is the most efficient way to get a girl to come home with you? I can get 999% on both 'love' and 'lewd' conversations, but then she's no-go. What's the catch?
You have to wait for her to go to the locker room and get her bag. The NPCs will not do any of the "go home" options until they have their bag and are ready to go home.

That is the condition number one. The rest is just a game of numbers, but if you get 999 on love and lewd then you probably have the required numbers already. I am guessing you are just inviting them before they have their bag.

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
Why is there no one talking to me?
Artificial Academy has some stupid functions to stop interactions that are attached to some very weird hotkeys. Press F1 and check if any weird box is checked out, like "everyone horny", "npcs don't interact" and that kind of stuff.

Hoborat

Jul 10, 2020
So did they fix subtitles already? I am asking because I can't make them work even after 1.6.1 update and I am trying to figure out is this my problem exactly or not

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
how to trigger a 3some? and how modules works?
The games does not a real threesome. The best you can do is get two girls who like you to "agree", but then it just cuts to a black screen. There is no actual threesome action in the game.

Modules work automatically when they are added to a card during Card Creation. You add them in the Modules tab, in the AAUPanel, while creating the character.

So did they fix subtitles already? I am asking because I can't make them work even after 1.6.1 update and I am trying to figure out is this my problem exactly or not
Subtitles should be working fine. All you have to do is turn them on in the Scripts tab of the AA2Unlimited 1.6.1 panel that opens whenever run AA2Play or AA2Edit.

Reactions: TankyThomas

anon1010

Jul 8, 2019
so i just finished installing evrything i think, and went to make a character while using the wiki as a guide. i noticed that there were some things on the wiki that were not in the character creator for either gender like sensitivity, taste, subconscious, preferences and skill (which for skill it explained that it can only be changed with a save editor, where can i find one?). am i missing something or how do i change these options?

Hoborat

Jul 10, 2020
Subtitles should be working fine. All you have to do is turn them on in the Scripts tab of the AA2Unlimited 1.6.1 panel that opens whenever run AA2Play or AA2Edit.
The problem is that they don't work in H-scenes exactly. Someone mentioned this bug that started since version 1.6, I already updated to the last fix (1.6.1) and description said this bug fixed but still nothing changed for me

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes